ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

The Bluesbreakers live on stage 1968
Happy 57th birthday Mick Taylor!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I need your prayers.................... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
January 10th, 2006 04:50 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh dear.

P, I didn't mean to put pressure on you. I just want you to think about coming to NYC. Obviously if you don't feel up to it, no one will hold it against you.

I was merely suggesting that it might give you a little break. But you do what you need to do.

Sorry.

And you can call me any time. Day, night whenever. Leave a message if I don't have my phone on. I will call you back.
January 10th, 2006 05:01 PM
charlotte Our thoughts are with you and your family. May God be with you...
January 10th, 2006 05:24 PM
kath it's a sad day on the boards, today.
January 10th, 2006 05:51 PM
Gimme Shelter LJ,
My prayers are with you.
January 10th, 2006 06:17 PM
sirfito I wish you all the best.
I'll pray for you.
Fito
January 10th, 2006 08:32 PM
Bob Tamp You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
January 10th, 2006 09:26 PM
texile exile will be playing tonight.........
January 10th, 2006 10:22 PM
KeepRigid I'm sorry to hear this, LJ. I'll be thinking of you.
January 10th, 2006 11:13 PM
Maxmeister I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, LJ. Words seem useless at this time, but my thoughts are with you.

Rick
January 10th, 2006 11:13 PM
The_Worst LJ,

You, your mom, & your entire family will be in my prayers.

Hang in there!!!
January 10th, 2006 11:17 PM
MP So sorry, LJ for your loss. I lost my aunt last week to a stroke also, it is very hard. Prayers are with you from me.
January 11th, 2006 07:40 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
My Mother suffered a stroke tonight..actually in my arms.

She is in Critical Condition and may not make it through the night.

Please pray for her and my Dad and Me.

LJ.

......My prayers are with you and yours. Many people suffer strokes and recover well, just keep that in mind LJ. I worked in the medical profession for many years so I know what I am talking about. Hang in there. I will send a special prayer to my long lost girl, she will help. God bless.
January 11th, 2006 08:21 PM
LadyJane I just want to say thank you to all of you.

Your kind words, PM's, emails and phone calls have given me strength.

I'm doing okay. I really am. Tired and still feeling in a dream like state, but I'm coping.

Many thanks from LJ and family.

xx00
LJ.
January 12th, 2006 11:12 AM
Martha
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I just want to say thank you to all of you.

Your kind words, PM's, emails and phone calls have given me strength.

I'm doing okay. I really am. Tired and still feeling in a dream like state, but I'm coping.

Many thanks from LJ and family.

xx00
LJ.

I felt exactly as you describe when my Daddy passed away. I was soooo exhausted (and my dang back had gone out the night before so I was in pain to boot) and I went way up and down in terms of my energy. It did feel like I was walking through the days in a dream state.

And I was ok too.

Thanks for taking a minute (during this busy and difficult time) to let us all know how you are LJ. :-)

We dearly love you ( yes, I am taking the liberty to speak for all of us! ) LadyJane.

Take care of you darlin'.

peace on you sister,
Martha

PS Had a second dream about my Dad last night. He WANTS me to go to NYC! I'll SEE you in 7 days!

Seven more days.......!
January 12th, 2006 11:28 AM
glencar You certainly speak for me, Martha. Losing a parent is the toughest thing in the world other than losing a child, from what I've read.
January 12th, 2006 12:22 PM
Martha
quote:
glencar wrote:
You certainly speak for me, Martha. Losing a parent is the toughest thing in the world other than losing a child, from what I've read.

Losing my Dad is unlike any other grief I've ever gone through truthfully. The tears come and go like the rain. I think I'm ok, then suddenly the rain falls down....and I am ok again...but in a different way than before.

It's those tears that help the hurt heal, bit by bit. Let them fall.

love,
Martha
January 12th, 2006 12:26 PM
glencar I've been there too Martha. Nothing tougher.
January 12th, 2006 12:39 PM
LadyJane It's really hitting me today........got to go face all of those people.

All I really want to do is be alone........but I must do this for Mom.....

It's true......nothing prepares you for this.

So...those of you that still have your Parents....give them a call or give them a hug today.

On with the show..........here I go.

LJ.
January 12th, 2006 12:51 PM
Martha
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
It's really hitting me today........got to go face all of those people.

So...those of you that still have your Parents....give them a call or give them a hug today.

LJ.

I did better on the viewing day than I ever imagined I would. It (suprisingly) comforted me so much to "be with" my Dad at the funeral home. I talked to him ( a lot) and I felt peace rather than intense grief (that came later when I was in the hotel and collapsed) while I was there. I felt very close to him and that comforted me greatly.

It was so nice to greet the people who came to pay their respects to my Mother and Dad. I really appreciated that aspect of the day.....and I could have easily NOT felt able to do any of this. That's why I felt so surprised about how it all went for me.

I know you will do okay throughout, no matter how you are feeling..those feelings take you on a rollar-coaster ride. It's ok to be where you are at every minute.

I pray you receive lots of comfort today.

I'm right there with you sister...in spirit and with love.

always,
Martha

January 12th, 2006 02:44 PM
jb As Hugh Robert Orr wrote:

They are not dead who live

in hearts they leave behind.

In those whom they have blessed

They live a life again,

And shall live through the years

Eternal life, and grow

Each day more beautiful

As time declares their good,

Forgets the rest, and proves

Their immortality.

[Edited by jb]
January 12th, 2006 03:03 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat You got PM my love.
January 12th, 2006 03:21 PM
FPM C10
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
It's really hitting me today........got to go face all of those people.

LJ.

I wish you strength. Again, I know how you feel. I spoke at my Mom's funeral, and right up until the moment I did it I didn't even know if I would be able to stand up. When it came time, though, I found the strength. I know you will too.
January 12th, 2006 06:58 PM
Zanck*Zanck*Zanck Coming in a little late on this topic..But very sorry to hear of your loss. My sympathy and condolences to you and your family.
January 12th, 2006 08:53 PM
LadyJane I feel like the luckiest and most loved girl on the Planet.

What a beautiful afternoon-evening.

Everything was PERFECT..........a few tears shed.....but seeing how beautiful and peaceful Mom looked...I could only smile. At least 5 people said to Me "This may sound inappropriate but you look beautiful and are glowing".

Howe could I not??? Family, friends, work mates and my Dad. All of my support team.

Highlight....Mom's two oldest friends came in together. The three of them have been friends for over 50 years. One says to me "You like those Rolling Stones, don't you? Your Mom always told us about your adventures"

And thank you to Martha, Parmeda, Nanky and TomL for the BEAUTIFUL flowers. My family no longer gives me the "look" when I mention my "Rolling Stones Internet Friends". Now you are all a part of our family.

Tomorrow morning is a Catholic Mass and then I will try to rest.

I love you Mom!!!!!!! Rest now....all the pain is gone.

LJ.

January 12th, 2006 09:28 PM
parmeda You're welcome, sweetheart.
January 12th, 2006 10:27 PM
jaggergurl LJ.. your posts made me cry and smile for you all at the same time... you are such an amazing person and friend...**hugs**

xxoo
January 13th, 2006 09:06 AM
gypsymofo60 So sorry LJ. I didn't realise it had gone so far. My condolences. Words are useless I know, but she will be always be with you. Listen carefully, be aware,and she will let you know she remains, just not here anymore, somewhere much better.
January 13th, 2006 12:30 PM
Jair Dear Lady Jane,

Besides to, humbly and honestly, renew my apologies for some posts of mine in the past, I'd like to let you know that I'm praying for you and your mum.

I know how hard might be a moment like this - my daddy passed away, still young, and suddenly, a few years ago -, but I wanna say to you: go ahead, with no sadness, sorrow or regret if you feel happy. Do whatever you have to do to be happy and back to your regular life as soon as possible.

I'm telling you that because when my dad gone I spent many months in pain and suffer, until I realize that I should just let it go and carry on.

After all, I had nothing more to do about it, except pray for him and my mum, which, hopefully, still is with me. So, then I could help her get over her pain and, like me, move on.

From the bottom of my heart, I wish all the best and that hapiness might be always with you.

The world is a better place having people like you, and specially for us, your Rocks Off/Rolling Stones mates.

Be in peace, sweetheart.

January 13th, 2006 03:20 PM
Some Guy LJ, God bless you. I went thru a somewhat similiar situation with my Fathers passing last year.
January 14th, 2006 08:28 PM
StickyFishFingers I only just came across this message thread. I'm terribly sorry for your loss. I wish you all the best. I hope all the touching messages that I have read today from so many cool & caring people from all over the world go some way to easing your grief.

take care

Dave
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)