ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

The Bluesbreakers live on stage 1968
Happy 57th birthday Mick Taylor!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I need your prayers.................... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
January 9th, 2006 09:14 AM
FPM C10 My thoughts are with you, LJ. I've been through it and I know there's not much I can say that will make anything any easier - but you are being bombarded with positive thoughts from all corners of the globe.

Hang in there.
January 9th, 2006 09:47 AM
BILL PERKS HANG IN THERE LJ!
January 9th, 2006 10:15 AM
voodoopug my thoughts and prayers go out to you...please continue to be strong and lean on your friends/family for support.
January 9th, 2006 10:19 AM
moy ladyjane my prayers are with you be strong and stay with her, give her all your love that's the greatest thing you can do now, wish you the best
January 9th, 2006 10:32 AM
nankerphelge Such sad news -- I'm so sorry.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do!
January 9th, 2006 11:13 AM
Martha I just now saw the thread...my dearest sister...I am here for you with my deepest prayers waiting now to hear as things unfold for you and your Mother. As you know I just went through losing my Father and I understand how hard this is. I'm terribly sorry.

What do you need from us/me? PLEASE reach out (I'll call you back) whenever you need any of us. I wouldn't have made it through the Holidaze without the love and comfort I've been given from members of this board. I am forever grateful. :-)

We ALL love you dearly. You are the Goddess of this board. I know there is nothing harder than what you are facing right now, you are STRONG and will make it through whatever is to come to pass.

Here's lyrics (which is comforting to me each time I hear it) I want to send out to you and your Mother. I particularly gain strength from the second to last stanza.

I love you sweetheart. Be good to yourself and lean on us please!

-------------------------------------------------------------

God Knows

God knows you ain't pretty,
God knows it's true.
God knows there ain't anybody
Ever gonna take the place of you.

God knows it's a struggle,
God knows it's a crime,
God knows there's gonna be no more water
But fire next time.

Bridge #1:
God didn't call it treason,
God didn't call it wrong,
It was supposed to last a season
But it's been so strong for so long.

God knows it's fragile,
God knows everything,
God knows it could snap apart right now
Just like putting scissors to a string.

Bridge #2:
God knows it's terrifying,
God sees it all unfold,
There's a million reasons for you to be crying
You been so bold and so cold.

God knows that when you see it,
God knows you've got to weep,
God knows the secrets of your heart,
He'll tell them to you when you're asleep.

God knows there's a river,
God knows how to make it flow,
God knows you ain't gonna be taking
Nothing with you when you go.

God knows there's a purpose,
God knows there's a chance,
God knows you can rise above the darkest hour
Of any circumstance.

God knows there's a heaven,
God knows it's out of sight,
God knows we can get all the way from here to there
Even if we've got to walk a million miles by candlelight.

Bob Dylan
Copyright © 1990 Special Rider Music

January 9th, 2006 11:24 AM
gimmekeef LJ...all of us are with you in spirit..Be strong for both your parents....Hoping for the best>>.
January 9th, 2006 11:25 AM
jaggergurl I just spoke to our beautiful and wonderful LadyJane... she has read all of your messages, and they are bringing her comfort... and she thanks you all.... she is such a beautiful person, and dear friend... keep sending her love,hugs, thoughts and prayers... she feels them!
LJ...know that you are in so many hearts and so much support and love are being sent to you... ****LOVE & HUGS****
January 9th, 2006 12:10 PM
mac_daddy just saw the thread...

my thoughts and prayers are with you, lj.

January 9th, 2006 12:16 PM
Lazy Bones Such sudden news, Lady Jane. My prayers are with your mother, you and your family.
January 9th, 2006 12:50 PM
rogerriffin prayers from me. hope all been good.
take care.
January 9th, 2006 01:06 PM
StonesChick I'm so sorry to hear this, my prayers go out to you and your family.
January 9th, 2006 01:09 PM
stewed & Keefed Lady Jane so sorry to hear this sad news.

My thoughts are with you and all of your family.

January 9th, 2006 02:40 PM
Joey
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
My Mother suffered a stroke tonight..actually in my arms.

She is in Critical Condition and may not make it through the night.

Please pray for her and my Dad and Me.

LJ.

I will say a special prayer for your family and yourself immediately !!!!!!!
January 9th, 2006 03:42 PM
Martha
quote:
jaggergurl wrote:
I just spoke to our beautiful and wonderful LadyJane... she has read all of your messages, and they are bringing her comfort... and she thanks you all.... she is such a beautiful person, and dear friend... keep sending her love,hugs, thoughts and prayers... she feels them!
LJ...know that you are in so many hearts and so much support and love are being sent to you... ****LOVE & HUGS****

Thank you so much jaggergurl for calling LJ and letting us know she is able to read the board. :-)

I always feel great comfort here when I've asked for prayers and want to be a part of giving that back, especially to our dear and beloved LadyJane.

LJ, Remember that (weather will permit) I'm going to see you very soon darlin'....with hugs, a shoulder to cry and lean on (I'll cry with you).....and a nice long cup of tea.

I love you sister. I pray you experience peace and serenity in the surrealness of this time along with all the other emotions that will ebb and flow. Stay open to yourself.

Bob calls the experience of grief "time out of mind". That album taught me how to grieve more deeply, actually. I felt all the grief emotions as I listen to the songs on TOM. I have found by doing so much of it that grieving is very cleansing and brings deepfelt peace.

I went through more time out of mind grief in November with my Dad's sudden death. It surprised me but I felt a lot of peace during the viewing and funeral specifically. I felt very close to him then and felt comforted by that. I'd never been able to imagine I had that strength about me, but I did.

You can do this, no matter what happens because YOU are strong....and have us as pillars standing around you holding you up. :-)

We dearly love you darlin'.

your sister,
Martha
January 9th, 2006 04:13 PM
SheRat I'm so sorry to hear this news.

Hang in there, LJ, and know you are well-loved.

January 9th, 2006 04:29 PM
stonesmachine Very sorry LJ, all my prayers and best wishes to you and your family.
God bless
January 9th, 2006 04:38 PM
Trey Krimsin LadyJane, I'm sorry to hear what happened. All I can say is that I hope for the best for you, your mother, and the rest of your family.
January 9th, 2006 06:09 PM
PartyDoll MEG I have been away from the computer all day and I have no words...

You and your family are in my prayers. Will call you later. Big Hug coming your way......
January 9th, 2006 07:08 PM
mickmask So sorry to hear this Ladyjane.
I'm not here often, but I'v seen in your posts that you are a good person.
Your mom has done well in raising you.
Wishing you comfort at this time..and strength in the days ahead.

..from someone who's been there.

MM.
January 9th, 2006 07:37 PM
LadyJane Oh my.........what did I ever do to deserve such caring and devoted friends????????

Mom is still clinging to life.........barely. She does not appear to be in pain. I talk to her and tell her that all my Rolling Stones friends from all over the world are wishing her well.

My Dad is doing okay. He goes into an Assisted Living facility tomorrow.

So...in 48 hours....the home I've known to be my Parents' since 1967 will be empty.

As I was putting Dad to bed last night all I could hear in my head was Keith singing "This Place is Empty."

I'm doing okay...and your words, emails, PM's and phone calls warm my heart and give me more strength than I thought I had.

LJ.
January 9th, 2006 07:41 PM
texile god bless.
lady, when my mom was diagnosed with cancer a few years ago -
i listened to exile alot and ESPECIALLY shine a light...even though i'd been on a stones hiatus for abut 7 years.
she made it through with flying colors and my love for the stones was rekindled in full force.
its the positive and spritual strength of the stones' music in your life - it really helps.
January 9th, 2006 07:42 PM
Maxmeister My thoughts and sympathy are with you and your family, LJ. The outpouring from around the world says it all.

Rick
January 9th, 2006 08:56 PM
West 8 It touched me what you said about your mom. My mom also cuts out newspaper articles from the paper regarding the stones & gives them to me. I'm sure God will give you the strength that you will need.
Hold steady and keep smiling
January 10th, 2006 12:37 AM
parmeda Our LadyJane is one tough bird...

I'm glad I finally caught up with you this afternoon, girlfriend.
It's late and I do hope that you are resting.
I'll call you again tomorrow.

...big hugs to you!
January 10th, 2006 12:44 AM
Martha I'm glad to hear she is resting Pam. Thanks for the post. :-)

LJ, I see those fantastic organizational skills you have helped you make it through the day. I'm happy to learn your Father has an assisted living arrangement set to go for tomorrow. I know that will help you (and him) with the exhaustion.

Rest my dear.

My prayers are with you.

love,
Martha

January 10th, 2006 02:17 AM
Moonisup hang in there LJ!
We're thinking of you

rik
January 10th, 2006 02:36 AM
stonesgirl101 Dear Lady Jane,

My deepest heartfelt HUGS to you and your family.

Love,
Sheila
January 10th, 2006 04:21 AM
RSRTG I have never spoken to you but my deepest sympathy and well wishes to you.
I lost my favourite aunt in similar circumstances a year and a half ago.
January 10th, 2006 05:24 AM
Surround Sister Death announcement or ad´for one my best friends ever
is in the paper today. He sank into his Big sleep on Dec 30. A Mother is of course much much much worse.

I pray for you!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)