ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Shooting "I Go Wild" January 1995
Templo de San Lázaro, La Candelaria. México City, D.F.
Premier Appearance of this photo, courtesy of Fernando Aceves to Rocks Off - Gracias Fernando!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: FREE Concert in LA!? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
12-26-02 01:41 PM
sparksWILLfly Well, after lurking here for the entire Licks tour, I've found some very valuable and insightful posts, but then there is the pure unadulterated bullshit that comes from the likes of lawyers and podiatrists claiming that there is absolutely no evidence for the on-going global warming phenomenon. Suffice it to say that, not only have ecologists (which is what I am) been warning that this is coming for many decades, but the current empirical evidence that it is, in fact, happening rapidly and right now, is overwhelming. Try reading some of the scientific literature -- literature that is rigorously and critically peer reviewed before release, rather than the "Republican Digest" shit that you hear spouted by Rush Limbaugh. I do read scientific literature...every chance that I get in between Stones concerts, and a measurable, anthropogenically driven increase in greenhouse gases (especially carbon dioxide) has been documented over and over again. Moreover, most of us can see it at the local level if we open our eyes. Annual snowfall in the western US is a fraction of what it was just a couple of decades ago. And yes, the changes will mean that some of you will experience colder, wetter conditions, rather than the hotter, dryer that most of the world will face; that part of the equation has also been expected for some time as global weather patterns are disrupted. As for the criticisms about the Stones making a political statement, I suppose that most people would be unhappy with that any time they happen to disagree with the particular politics at issue. If the Stones had chosen instead to support the NRA or Bush's idiot policies on any number of issues (the "New Forest Management Plan", tax exemption for off-shore business, attacking Iraq, etc.), then we would have seen the same conservative posters here trumpeting the virtues of the Stones' support for these causes. I, for one, find it refreshing to see that the first time my heroes support a political cause in decades, they're at least supporting a cause that is true to their political roots in the '60s and '70s. It's been pretty scary reading many posts here and wondering if the same guys who wrote "Street Fighting Man" had made a political conversion to the dark side, i.e., to republican conservativism. But, apparently the only side of that ideology that the Stones have adopted is the insatiable thirst for money. I don't paint myself as a saint on any of these causes -- I've contributed way too much to quench that thirst, and I've driven a car to all 11 shows I've seen on this tour so far, and will drive one to those that remain. But, for god's sake, don't try to convince others that your drivel about 'the grand lie of global warming' has any grounding in reality, when you are completely ignorant about the technical aspects of the issue. If you want to remain ignorant, that's fine. However, it would be much healtier if you adopted an attitude like that suggested by Sir Stonesalot, and either boycott this "free" concert or shut up and go along no matter what the cause, just because it's the Stones that are up for grabs! Maybe if you went you'd actually learn a thing or 2 about the sorry state of the global environment. ...Or, you can keep sticking your head in a hole with your ass pointing toward and being chapped by the ever-increasing input of solar radiation. I promise to listen to your expertise the first time an issue comes up on this board regarding trial law or foot ailments.
12-26-02 01:50 PM
nankerphelge As both a trial lawyer and a conservative republican, I'm happy to report that you can kiss my ass!!
12-26-02 01:54 PM
Sir Stonesalot LOL!

Man, you just ended this thread...HARD!

Either that, or they are looking over their back issues of Rush Windbag transcripts for some kind of retort!

Nice 1st post.
12-26-02 01:56 PM
sasca I, on the other hand, welcome you with open arms.
12-26-02 01:58 PM
Maxlugar Listen buddy, I don't give a shit what you say!

I, for one, am glad the earth is heating up!

You should see the freakish tomato's I've been growing these past four summers!

God damn it, I can feed my growing family for a week on one huge beef steak!

Bring it on!

I even caught a small dinosaur in my yard last summer and called it Dino! You should see that fucker when I come home from the gravel pit each night!! The son of a bitch knocks me over and licks my face until I'm raw!!!

So shove your alarmist bullshit up your ass!

This earthling is having the time of his life with global warming!

Maxy!
12-26-02 01:59 PM
Sir Stonesalot Here it is, this person's very first post, and you are hitting on him already!

Naughty sasca!

And put that damn tuning fork away! You are gonna hurt yourself with that thing!
12-26-02 02:02 PM
sasca Yesterday I pleasured myself without fainting for the first time in two weeks. Thank-you, Santa.
[Edited by sasca]
12-26-02 02:02 PM
jb I am also a trial lawyer and grossed around 340,000 dollars this year....not bad for someone who can't spell.
12-26-02 02:03 PM
doo doo doo Dude I'm with Sir Stonesy. I just want free tickets. I live in L.A. so I'm fired up. I could give a shit what it's benifiting as long the Stones play. I'm just hoping that 1) I actually get tickets and 2) that Don Henley or Sting don't take the stage to sing Memory Motel with the Stones.
12-26-02 02:06 PM
jb That very well could happen!!!
12-26-02 02:10 PM
Maxlugar Yeah and then an entire tribe of Mugubu Mud People will come out and do their infamous "Dance of Global Perspiration" while Bono and Sting play exotic instruments made entirely of dried Rain Forest fruits.

All during Jumpin Jack Flash!

[Edited by Maxlugar]
12-26-02 02:15 PM
jb You say my posts are not always informative..I brought Sting up 2 days ago when this was announced. Max, I think you owe me a little apology...
12-26-02 02:15 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Yeah and then an entire tribe of Mugubu Mud People will come out and do their infamous "Dance of Global Perspiration" while Bono and Sting play exotic instruments made entirely of dried Rain Forest fruits.

All during Jumpin Jack Flash!<

In the imortal words of Eric Cartman....."Kick Ass!"
12-26-02 02:31 PM
Maxlugar Yeah but did you have him playing with the Mugubu tribe? During their infamous "Dance of Global Perspiration"? Playing a dried piece of friggin' fruit from the friggin' rain friggin' forest?

I owe no apology.

Josh did you know that I was a huge Dolphin fan my whole life? I would drive quite far to see every game at a place with a dish? Yup.

But I began to cut them off after the way they pushed Shula out. For that retard Jimmy Johnson, no less.

And then I cut them off for good after the inhumane way they treated the best quarterback the world will ever see. Could they not give the guy one last season to do a victory lap around the NFL and soak up all that much deserved praise from fans all over the country?

Terrible way to treat a legend.

So I don't watch them anymore.

12-26-02 02:37 PM
jb You are correct Max, you owe no apology..I actually gave up my season tickets after that worthless piece of zShit Jimmy Johnson and his water boy, dave Wannstadt, refused to let DM go out on his own terms..Why they could not get him a running back and receivers in his last few years amazes me to this day...he was throwing to the likes of Orande gadson as his spped receiver and handing off to Ceicil Collins!!
12-26-02 02:46 PM
Sir Stonesalot You better watch what you say about Cecil, JB. He'll bust through your bedroom window and beat the crap out of you for cheating with his ex-girlfriend.

And no, it won't make any difference if you don't know his ex, he'll still beat you up.

Unless you wear a Bills helmet. Then he'll fall down a lot.
12-26-02 02:47 PM
Highwire Rob
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Josh did you know that I was a huge Dolphin fan my whole life? I would drive quite far to see every game at a place with a dish? Yup.

But I began to cut them off after the way they pushed Shula out. For that retard Jimmy Johnson, no less.

And then I cut them off for good after the inhumane way they treated the best quarterback the world will ever see. Could they not give the guy one last season to do a victory lap around the NFL and soak up all that much deserved praise from fans all over the country?

Terrible way to treat a legend.

Max and Josh,
FYI: For the last five years I lived on Dawson St. in Pittsburgh. Many years ago, a young Dan Marino and his family lived right on this street. Local citizens and those associated with Pittsburgh Central Catholic High and Pitt University still speak with the deepest respect for the character of Marino and his family. It really is a strong pride and has been interesting for me to learn about first-hand. I believe Marino's parents also now reside in Florida.

--Rob
12-26-02 02:54 PM
Maxlugar Dan Marino is surely one of the greatest Americans around.

He has GOT to be a Republican.

To learn more about Dan Marino see this link:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,54676,00.html
12-26-02 03:04 PM
jb Dan Marino was at the No Security concert in 99....need I say more.
12-26-02 03:19 PM
Maxlugar Yeah that article above goes into his Stones show in detail.

I wonder if the Marks brothers went with him? Or the Total Package Tony Paige?

Richmond Webb was one cool mo fo!
12-26-02 03:20 PM
jb Shit..you where a dolphin fan..Tony Paige was inexplicably released...remember John Ofterdal? Sat behind him at a Springsteen show 7 yrs ago...he retired(too small, but lots of heart) and opened up chain of bagel stor=es called Oftedals and sold out to einsteins...he was not even Jewish...
12-26-02 03:27 PM
Maxlugar Oferdahl was awesome. Didn't he wear that extra padding behind the neck like Zach Thomas does now. That looks cool.

12-26-02 03:29 PM
jb Yes..Zack is just like oftedal but better..also, did you know that Jason Taylor is married to Zacs beautiful blonde sister!!!! Uh Govult!!!
12-26-02 03:35 PM
Maxlugar Tell me this: Was the faked spike game against the Jets not one of your most favorite moments to be alive?

It was mine.

Especially beause I was watching it with my best friend who came over that day wearing every piece of Jet clothing he could put on.

MARINO!!!!!!
12-26-02 03:37 PM
jb Yes....the 2nd greatest play in Dolphin history only to the hook-in-latreal play in the great Dolphin/San Diego play-off game which thgat piece of shit Uwe Von Sharmon cost us with his missed fieldgoal...
12-26-02 03:39 PM
Sir Stonesalot You know what, just because of this thread, I'm gonna go buy some dolphin UNSAFE tuna.

Man, the Dolphins are so gay....they wear friggin' Aqua and Orange! Christopher Lowell would love it!

Marino could throw. Probably still could. And he isn't gay like that Troy Aikman "guy". Why do I not hate Marino...because he's from PA, home of great football.
12-26-02 03:40 PM
Maxlugar Shula was a genius.

I'm sad to say I have no feelings for the team anymore.

None.

At least I have my Yankees.

12-26-02 03:45 PM
jb Another true story Max...I use to study at St. Thomas law school in the mid 80's..that was formerly the site of the dolphins training camp....I was studying for my torts exam at an outside table arounf 8 in the morning, and who comes jogging by...Don Shula....I look up and he says how's it going...I respond "great" coach and ask if he would sign my tort book..He asks my name, and signs the inside as follows" To Josh, best of luck..Don Shula'...that little page sits proudly framed in my office to this day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Edited by jb]
12-26-02 03:54 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:

Max and Josh,
FYI: For the last five years I lived on Dawson St. in Pittsburgh. Many years ago, a young Dan Marino and his family lived right on this street. Local citizens and those associated with Pittsburgh Central Catholic High and Pitt University still speak with the deepest respect for the character of Marino and his family. It really is a strong pride and has been interesting for me to learn about first-hand. I believe Marino's parents also now reside in Florida.

--Rob

I went to school with Marino at Central. He was worshipped by everyone. I wouldn't be surprised to see a picture of him hanging in the hall next to JFK and the pope.

Sad that the Steelers never tried hard enough to land a hometown boy whose stated preference was to play for the Steelers.

Instead he ended up wasting his brilliant career gaying off in Miami of all muffed up places.
12-26-02 03:54 PM
Maxlugar Why do you have to make me cry at work?

Beautiful!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5