ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Shooting "I Go Wild" January 1995
Templo de San Lázaro, La Candelaria. México City, D.F.
Premier Appearance of this photo, courtesy of Fernando Aceves to Rocks Off - Gracias Fernando!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: FREE Concert in LA!? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
12-26-02 03:59 PM
jb ...
[Edited by jb]
12-26-02 04:11 PM
sirmoonie That was a unfair cheap shot Josh. And yep, I am BOTH shocked and amazed by it.

Marino did have kinda of a Jew-fro, though. (lol)
12-26-02 04:13 PM
jb No offense intended..
[Edited by jb]
12-26-02 04:21 PM
sirmoonie Yes but your are implying I'm not. And I am. Randy Grossman was the best fucking white tight end the Steelers ever had!

Anyway, I don't believe you. WTF would Marino be doing at a lawyer's brunch?
12-26-02 04:30 PM
jb It was in the mid eighties..he was being honored..P.S. I do not and have never lied about anything I have posted....Also, never intended to imply anything about your feelings..it was kinda, but not completely, tongue and cheek... I will delete it so there is no misunderstanding.
[Edited by jb]
12-26-02 08:42 PM
littleredrooster Hey! Sparks Will Fly!

Go back to lurking and do us all a favor!

Roostah
12-26-02 09:58 PM
Martha Welcome to the board SparksWILLfly...I can see you've earned your name already!
12-26-02 10:34 PM
2000 Man
quote:
Why do I not hate Marino...because he's from PA, home of great football.

Well, you guys are really kind of on the "front porch" of great football, seeing as how Mount Union is once again National Champs in Division 3, and the Bucks are gonna do it in Division 1. Has any other state had more than one National Champion at the same time?

But Penn State gets big ups from me. If it wasn't the Bucks that were gonna get to beat up on Miami, I'd wish it was Penn State. As long as Notre Dame wasn't getting a shot.

But it's probably better this way.
12-26-02 11:06 PM
MP They're damned if they Do and damned if they DON'T.....aint life grand? Bloody fuckin hell, people........LOL
12-27-02 08:02 AM
Maxlugar I once passed the Nittany Lion over my head at a Penn state home game.

That damn mascot started at the first row and was passed up about 50 rows.

Very funny.

12-27-02 09:06 AM
Sir Stonesalot Maxy OMG!!!

You were at Beaver Stadium? Year and game? I was probably there too. Up until last year, I almost never missed a home game. Didn't have season tickets(my parents do), but I always seemed to be able to find tickets. I only got to go to half of the home games this year.

Got to see Joey's beloved Huskers get the everlivin' peckersnot beat out of them. That was pretty fun.

I'm wondering what 2000 Man wants from me. He's buttering me up for some reason. Probably for torturing me with that .shn stuff. I still have not made any headway with it either. Someday, I'll actually be able to HEAR the Mobile '72 show.
12-27-02 09:41 AM
Maxlugar It was most likely 1985 as I distinctly remember listening to the great new She's The Boss collection as I drove down.

The Delaware Water Gap SHOOK with the Rockin' Rumblin's of the combined efforts of Mick Jagger and Jeff Beck!

But I do not remember the team they played against. I was just there to visit my sister and ROCK out, ya know?

I also remember there were a couple of kick ass junk yards going into town. If little young 19 year old Maxy had any money he would have bought some of those old '50's Fords and Chevy's he saw there and fixed 'em up but good!

Talk about putting holes in the ozone layer!

Oh I almost forgot! Great article on Global Warming: http://www.co2science.org/edit/editor.htm

But shit that game was fun! Does that Nittany Lion always do that? He looked like a guy in brown pajamas and a lion head.

I wanted to buy that guy a beer!

Maxy Patterno! (Nittany Maxy)
12-27-02 10:06 AM
Sir Stonesalot Oh, I was in Germany for 1985. Also for some of 1984, all of 1986, and some of 1987.

And yes, they always "Pass The Lion". Different sections yell, "We want the Lion!", and whatever section yells the loudest gets to pass the Lion.

He still looks like a guy in brown PJs with a lion head...and a scarf.

Now they do the "blanket toss the Lion" thing. For every point Penn State scores, the male cheerleaders toss the Lion into the air.

The Lion spent a lot of time getting tossed during the Nebraska game.
12-27-02 10:21 AM
Maxlugar A terrific tradition!

I think I saw them do the blanket thing too now that you mention it.

Gee, I feel guilty now knowing I was drinking beer and "passing the Lion" while you were in Germany protecting Europe from communist agression.

But at least I'm grateful for what you did! I would have let you fly over MY airspace to bomb Lybia!

Thanks brother!

[Edited by Maxlugar]
12-27-02 10:34 AM
jb Do me a favor and drop dead.
12-27-02 10:35 AM
Maxlugar Keno needs a Logon/ Password system in place or his site can expect a continued slide into the abyss.

I was shocked at the conditions over there!

I have had my fights with Keno but I never wished THIS one him.

What a bunch of mongoloids. He can save it with the logon/ password system though.

Ah who cares? This is the greatest place to be in the whole cyber world!

12-27-02 10:36 AM
Boomhauer
Max, I just deleted that post because I realized by saying they were apart of the troll society, I was stooping to their level. But I do agree with you.

[Edited by Boomhauer]
12-27-02 10:38 AM
Maxlugar I think the site just crapped a little.
12-27-02 10:42 AM
Sir Stonesalot And now you know why I REALLY came here.
12-27-02 10:45 AM
jb Boomhauer, I was referring to someone above who called me a lurker ..not Max, SS, or you...sorry for any confusion...
12-27-02 11:40 AM
sparksWILLfly Thanks for the welcomes!

So, all I ask of those that think global warming is a myth is to stick with your convictions and don't submit your names to the drawing for the free LA show. Go to a football game instead. That's quality entertainment, too, and you won't have to feel like you've prostituted yourself by rubbing elbows with the liberal conspirators.

Maxlugar: Thanks for the humorous response. Hell, if I could get my tomatoes to ripen let alone grow them bigger, I'd be in favor of warming, too. But, I don't know how you get the kids to eat tomatoes. As for the link to the article above, I'd be happy to supply you with a link to one of numerous articles demonstrating that the Apollo moon missions were fabricated by Hollywood, or perhaps you'd like a link to a published article purporting to demonstrate that the government is holding extraterrestrial aliens in the desert, or maybe to an article that claims that the sun rotates around a flat Earth. It's important to consider the sources of what you read. That article claiming that global warming is a myth cites ONE source from the "Journal of Petroleum Geology." Huh, I couldn't begin to imagine that a journal with such a name could possibly have any kind of bias in reporting on the issue of global warming. Special interest publications abound out there: the "Journal of Range Management" supports cattle ranching interests; the "Journal of Forestry" promotes the logging industry; the "Journal of Mining Reclamation" undoubtedly includes articles claiming that cyanide pools used in leaching precious metals from soil is beneficial both to local waterfowl and human water supplies. Just 2 counterexamples: "Science" (a US publication) and "Nature" (a UK publication) are the two most respected scientific journals in the world, and they cover all areas of science; about 2-3% of articles initially submitted to these journals make it through the review process to eventually get published. Articles in those journals certainly differ in many details, but nearly all uniformly acknowlegde the reality of global warming.

Nankerphelge and Rooster: Exactly the type of ingenius responses I would have expected from those who are blind to reality. Thanks for the confirmation! Sorry to rain on your little cyber-popularity parade, Rooster. OK, rather than call attention to it, I'll go back to lurking so that it's just me noticing the times when you've taken credit for header pics that I shot. Woops!
12-27-02 11:58 AM
Maxlugar Oh yeah right!

What, are you going to tell me the Sticky Fingers Journal is about the Rolling Stones?

Get a grip liberal boy!

12-27-02 12:02 PM
jb That's Mr. Liberal to you.
12-27-02 02:24 PM
littleredrooster Just what we need on a Stones board, some Liberal Pseudoscientist who has stumbled upon the wrong IP address and ended up at Rocks Off instead of the Sierra Club Web site!

Go attack some people who really give a shit about the nonsense that you 'spin'!
Return to your fantasyland so you can pet an extinct T.rex!
We all know that it is G W Bush behind Global Yawning!
AND the events that led to the extinction of the Dinosaurs!
He did that so they would transform into oil!
Ride your wooden bicycle to work and sell your evil automobile! If you attend any more Stones concerts, you should start walking NOW, or realize that you are a typical, Liberal, blame it on the evil human race HYPOCRITE!
Remember that every time you release butane or sulfurous waste into the atmosphere for the purpose of renewing your
liberal stupor!

Got THAT! Sparks So Sly !!!!

[Edited by littleredrooster]
12-27-02 02:38 PM
Monkey Woman Congratulations, Sparkswillfly!
You seem to have hitted a few sensitive spots, here... If I judge by the reactions of many regulars. Not bad for a first post!
For my part, I agree with your statements about Global Warming. I studied ecology and environmental sciences a few years back, so I can see too the complexity and seriousness of the issue. Like you said, one can't trust the Journal of Petroleum Industries on this kind of subject...
But on the other hand, having lurked here for some time too, I quickly came to realize that a lot of the members come to RocksOff to NOT be serious. Sort of: "Hey, it's Rock 'n' roll, let's have fun, let's be crazy, let's rail at kings and presidents and all serious people, and if they don't like it, fuck them!"
So, I admire your courage and hope that you take most of what is posted here with a huge grain of salt
12-27-02 02:39 PM
littleredrooster Fuck!
I get all this poison pen from this YAHOO just for suggesting that Algore should play the keyboards on Honky Tonk instead of Chuck at the LA SAVE the Snails free concert???
Sir Stonesalot.....reopen the nominations for the CRAZIEST
poster on Rocks Off!
SparksWillSlime should easily put MissU into second place!
He is apparently quite jealous that he was not nominated!
Do us all a favor SWS, TAKE YOUR MEDICINE AGAIN !!
12-27-02 02:46 PM
Monkey Woman BTW, I take the opportunity to praise the Stones' courage for doing a concert in favor of ecological issues. They must be crazy! If only they knew that some of their most devoted fans positively *hate* the liberals and tree-huggers! Shame, shame, shame!
What, some of the right-wing pollution-worshippers are even posting *here*? What a shock!
I'm going to hide behind a big bag of dollars!
12-27-02 04:52 PM
littleredrooster I can only speak for myself, I reside in the 'tree hugger' State of the Union, Oregon!
I believe in ecology, clean air, water etc.
I just feel that the issue of Global Warming is only a theory and that it may be caused by natural events, or circumstances that are still unknown.
The fact is that we don't know!
There are theories put forth to explain the phenomenon but they are not wriiten in STONE!

SPARKSWILLFLY........I LOVE YA, MAN!
12-27-02 06:27 PM
2000 Man
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

I'm wondering what 2000 Man wants from me. He's buttering me up for some reason. Probably for torturing me with that .shn stuff. I still have not made any headway with it either. Someday, I'll actually be able to HEAR the Mobile '72 show.

You STILL haven't fingered that out? It's so easy. I guess we're gonna have to do it by phone. I think I get the unlimited weekend and nights now, so I guess you should post your phone number as a message topic.

Or you could email it to me with a couple of times (during nights and weekends) that we could get together. I'll wear somethin' purty, like a buckeyes shirt and no pants.

Speaking of the Buckeyes, aren't you getting all tingly knowing that the National Championship is coming back up north, where it belongs? I'll make sure to mail Josh a box of Buckeyes. Then maybe he can plant one and actually get a tree that provides shade.

Go Buckeyes!
Go Stones!
Go Banana!
12-30-02 12:02 PM
sparksWILLfly I totally agree with everything you said, Monkey Woman. It does seem terribly ironic to find so many posts from "pollution worshipers", war mongers, and other such right wing types on a Stones message board. Those positions should be reserved for country western fans. I also realize that serious discussion isn't the general MO on this board. Humor is one of the benefits that I suspect draws most users of this board, but you can find plenty of serious 'no evidence for global warming' comments throughout this thread. There have been lots of political threads on the board that have no relevance to the Stones, but this one did because of the connection of the issue to the LA concert.

Finally, in the true spirit of his infantile flaming, I'd like to suggest that the "Roostah" go out to any of numerous clearcuts in his tree hugger state, and shove a salvage log up his cloaca! Sound too rough for ya'? Then try a Klamath River salmon for smoother entry -- there are plenty of big dead ones lying around after the Bushies just managed to fuck that system up in a single year!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5