ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Merry Christmas!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 12/19 Header Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
12-19-02 02:45 PM
daytfren JB...Offend Pam...pleassssssseee....You have NO clue
12-19-02 02:50 PM
jb Sorry for the absence, a client of mine just delivered the traditional holiday basket of various cheese and smoked meat products and I had to pretend to like it, although he failded to pay the 2600 dollars left on his balance..but tis is the season to be jolly...
Telecaster...divorce is so common these days, it's nothing to be upset about...My sister-in-law just got divorced after 13yrs of marriage with 3 kids ages 3,6, and 10. The funny thing is, she is attractive, and posted her "resume" on a local dating service website...Off course I had to respond as "tall, dark,handsome, financially secure"etc...I e-mail my message and she e-mails me back.." I would love to meet you..I am a spiritual person, romantic, etc..well, i call my wife up and tell her the scam...and instead of laughing, she statesd "your a major ass-hole" and I'm calling my sister up"...Well. I thought it was funny....but I have a very "dark" sense of humor...
12-19-02 02:52 PM
Moonisup Avatar:
An avatar is a small image which will be included with each post you make. You will need to upload your image to a location, and enter the location in the text box, like
http://www.host.com/mysite/image.gif
Maximum resolution of the

you should see this in the window 'update profile'

then find a picture and put the www.whatever. in that spot
12-19-02 02:54 PM
jb I just e-mail my pix to Gerado and their up the next day..then again, he is a master engineer.
12-19-02 02:59 PM
Pattie let�s see if this works
12-19-02 02:59 PM
Pattie it did!! yey!!
12-19-02 03:00 PM
Moonisup WHO IS THAT

thankyou Rik

no thanks pattie
12-19-02 03:01 PM
stonedinaustralia pattie - who is that??
12-19-02 03:01 PM
jb That is Patti...
12-19-02 03:02 PM
stonedinaustralia jb - lol
12-19-02 03:04 PM
Pattie Thank you Rik!!! So much *blows kisses* I couldn�t have done it without you *blows more kisses*

it�s Taylor! My baby Taylor Hawkins, best drummer ever.
12-19-02 03:05 PM
jb Stoneaustralia, just watched the story of the "real" crocodile dundee...not that ass paul Hogan who would'nt even help the guy out..To bad he flipped out and had to be killed.
12-19-02 03:05 PM
Moonisup metalicca???

thanks you love, your avatar has disappeared now
12-19-02 03:06 PM
Pattie
Very funny jb. Don�t you guys know the foo fighters?
12-19-02 03:07 PM
Moonisup YES

I play one song of them!!

"big me"

ahha with lars ulrich, they have played b4 the stones as an opening act in 1997!
12-19-02 03:08 PM
jb Patti..he use to drum for Alanis Morrisette..he is good..but lets not get carried awy..Charlie is the man here..please put up a different avatar ASAP...
12-19-02 03:08 PM
stonedinaustralia yes pattie, but not well enough to know what their drummer looks like

jb- you are so right paul hogan is an ass - an embarrasment to the nation - who was this real crocodile dundee and what's his story?? - you seem to now more about this than i do

cheers
12-19-02 03:10 PM
jb They had a whole documentary of a guy in the outbacks of Australia who Hogan based his character on...He was a real survivorlist who lived off the land...ended up killing some police in a dispute and they hunted him down......
12-19-02 03:11 PM
Pattie Can I still have the Foos or should I get one of Mick?
12-19-02 03:13 PM
stonedinaustralia ok thanx

btw, do you have a salaried lawyer at your firm??

i was just wondering when you found time to actually do any work
jb This is, after all, a Stones board..you should govern yourself accordingly...
jb I am a solo practitioner....I have no problem working and posting at my desk....
12-19-02 03:16 PM
stonedinaustralia no wonder you're stressed out - and i'm sorry to hear of your condition - when's the last time you had a decent holiday??
12-19-02 03:19 PM
jb In all candor, I have not taken more than 4 days off consecutively since I have been on my own..and that's about 7 yrs....The funny thing is, I don't feel stressed out, but apparently, it's a silent killer.
12-19-02 03:23 PM
stonedinaustralia four days off in seven years - man, that's no way to live - you can't keep that up forever - you will do yourself in - forget all that medical stuff - take a month off
12-19-02 03:25 PM
jb Sorry, Imeant 4 consecutive days in 1 year...usually take about a 5-7 days off a year...My secretary gets 3 weeks!!!!
That's is the main reason I can't attend more shows..I just can't miss work..no one to cover hearings, etc...you gotta live and die this crap to be successful..
[Edited by jb]
12-19-02 03:31 PM
stonedinaustralia yes i know - i mentioned the other day (for the first time)that i too am a lawyer - i had my own practice for eight years - apart from the usual week or two over xmas time i had one one month holiday in that time - as you say it's just too hard to jugggle the commtiments - and time off is a double loss - you're still spending to survive but not generating income

now i have a salaried position am looking forward to my first paid holidays in years (we get four weeks a year over here)
12-19-02 03:36 PM
jb There seem to be many lawyers on this site..LOL...
I did the corporate thing for 8 years....billing 2000 plus hrs and collecting b/t 750-1 million in fees for my firm. They paid me around 125,000 dollars when I left...not bad, but compared to what i brought in, a joke...Nearly 7 years later, I have almost tripled that salary this year(big personal injury cases help)...however, i honestly hate the profession and if my stocks had not tanked(about 750k in losses to date), I would be doing something else.
12-19-02 03:45 PM
stonedinaustralia yes, i've been at it for ten years now...quite frankly i have had enough too... i want a low stress job - unfortunately, as you say, you get locked into this financial bind where you simply can't afford to get out unless you want to take a real dip in income/standard of living or you can find something equally as lucrative but with less bullshit involved - and that is just not easy to do - besides you're too busy working(and posting)to find the time to try and hunt down an alternative - i'm hoping one day i will be in the right place at the right time or meet the right person who can give me a lead back to a real life...

still, i have met some fine people in the profession who have become very good and trusted friends (and you also share that brothers/sisters in arms thing - at least they understand where you are at)- that has been one of the best things about it
12-19-02 03:49 PM
jb Good luck...
Page: 1 2 3 4