ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Storm Thorgerson
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 25 albums that should never have been made... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
12-02-03 12:36 PM
Factory Girl The Who only had 25 farewell tours, and have not released new material since 1983. And in addition, there have been "Pete issues".

Yes, the "half-Who" have been to busy to release DW...
12-02-03 12:36 PM
glencar She shoots, she scores!
12-02-03 12:46 PM
Trey Krimsin The sad thing is that I, at one time, owned the sountrack to "Sgt. Pepper's Loney Hearts Club Band" when I was 6 years old.

The good thing is I don't own it now.
12-02-03 12:52 PM
glencar I'm going out on a limb here but does anyone else think the remake of Sgt. Pepper is just as good/bad as the original?
12-02-03 12:52 PM
Factory Girl I own Framton Comes Alive on vinyl-but I don't enjoy it anymore...rotfl
12-02-03 12:53 PM
glencar Another limb here: Framptom Comes Alive vs. Sgt. Pepper(either version) - Which is better?
12-02-03 12:55 PM
Factory Girl Do you, you, feel like we doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo???
12-02-03 12:56 PM
glencar Summer of '76!
12-02-03 01:12 PM
Sir Stonesalot I think what the guy meant by the Genesis/Collins/talent remark was that Pter Gabriel made Genesis interesting. Even that is a stretch though. I don't find anything interesting about them.

Here's a couple more from artists that I like that went in the toilet for an album or two.

Bowie-I think it's called "Never Let You Down" or something like that. It's the one with Blue Jean on it. Ugh. Despicable.

Dylan-Live At Budokan...Whew what a stinker!!! The only good thing I can say about it is that I don't own it.

U2-The zooropa one and the popmart one. Could they have gotten any farther up their own asses?

AC/DC-Anything after For Those About To Rock. They just lost me after that one. Seemed like they kept trotting out the same old stuff just dressed in a different t-shirt.

The Who-Face Dances...Should have been called "Toilet Flushes". This is why I'm glad they stopped doing new albums.

The Rolling Stones-Emotional Rescue. Much worse than Dirty Work IMO. I think this was the point when the coke stopped working FOR them, and started working AGAINST them.
12-02-03 01:14 PM
glencar Blue Jean is on "Tonight" and "Never Let Me Down" is one album later. That one actually is a lot worse than "Tonight."
12-02-03 01:26 PM
Factory Girl Zooropa is my favorite U2 album. It has a weird druggy vibe. I love the song "Daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car"-its surreal and druggy.

PS. Bono is a pompous jackass. His big wallet can save the world's problems, but he wants US taxpayers to pay for his causes.
12-02-03 01:27 PM
glencar Bono is pompous but his heart's in the right place. Zooropa was a comedown from Achtung Baby but they hit a new low with POP!
12-02-03 01:34 PM
Factory Girl Achtung was the the masses. Zooropa was for the freaks. I like Zooropa.

Their last cd "All that you can't leave" was an awful YAWN. To quote jb "Just Horrible".
12-02-03 01:36 PM
glencar I don't own it but the last one had some good stuff on it.
12-02-03 01:49 PM
Tom Aerosmith's "Rock in a Hard Place" is worse than "Done with Mirrors"

Stormbringer is a great underrated album
12-02-03 01:55 PM
Joey " The Who only had 25 farewell tours, and have not released new material since 1983. And in addition, there have been "Pete issues". "

Katie .....................the " Petey " is no " Jacko " !!!!!!! THAT'S for sure .

The only reason why the WHO toured in 1989 , 2000 and 2002 was to help out their friend Entwistle ( near bankruptcy every single time ) . Pete is a kind-hearted soul .

Oh , and the last WHO album contained the anthemic " Eminence Front " so

Jacko !

12-02-03 01:57 PM
Nasty Habits Without Dirty Work there would be no definite grand, rancorous conclusion to the saga of the non-corporate, ill matched and beautiful Rolling Stones, only the inevitable descent into super professional, slick madness. Dirty Work is a glorious divide that shall one day be comprehended, appreciated, and reappraised by those who have needlessly derided its hate filled ugliness.

25 Albums by OLD WHITE PEOPLE* that Should Have Never Been Made (Nasty Version)(and Classic Rock Version, I don't want to get into worthless, badly calculated punk records)(Cheap Shots and Cold Cut Outs)

*Disregarding any number of dreadfully miscalculated soul records . .

25. EVERY EAGLES RECORD EVER MADE -- These guys were so bad for rock and roll it's impossible to calculate. Their constant presence on the radio is continually rotting the minds of every man woman and child on the planet at this very minute and the world would be immeasurably better if every note these retards cut was excised from existence and from human memory.
24. Anything "The Doors" did after Morrison's death, and while you're at it throw in that obnoxious "American Prayer" album in there, too.
23. Iggy Pop -- Blah Blah Blah
22. Guns and Roses - The Speghetti Incident
21. Those dismal new Rod Stewart standards records
20. David Bowie -- Never Let Me Down -- 10 Times Worse than Tin Machine
19. Elvis Costello -- The Julia Letters (or whatever that awful thing was called he did with the Brodsky Quartet)
18. Paul McCartney -- Driving Rain
17. Paul McCartney -- Off the Ground
16. Paul McCartney -- Paul Is Live
15. Paul McCartney -- Flaming Pie
14. Paul McCartney -- Pipes of Peace
13. Paul McCartney -- Press to Play
12. Paul McCartney -- McCartney II
11. Blondie -- The Hunter, and whatever the name of that crap techno reunion they did a few years ago was
10. The Who - It's Hard
9. John Entwistle -- Too Late the Hero - Bad
8. Keith Moon -- Two Sides of the Moon - Worse
7. Roger Daltrey -- Every Solo Album He Ever Released. - uniformly TERRIBLE
6. Pete Townshend -- White City: A Novel - worse than Iron Giant!
5. Neil Young -- Everybody's Rockin -- Neil's rockabilly album is INFINITELY worse than Trans
4. Bob Dylan -- Knocked Out Loaded -- My God They Killed Him!
3. The Beatles - Let It Be Naked - The Long and Winding Road is STILL a bad song
2. Goddess in the Doorway -- It was time for a new STONES album, FOOL!
1. Deja Vu - CSNY - Just utterly horrific.
12-02-03 02:01 PM
Boomy SS, I agree, Face Dances stinks. Sorry, Joey.

As for AC/DC, I'm not a big fan of the albums between For Those About To Rock and Razor's Edge, but they have some pretty sharp-shootin' songs on those albums.

Hell, FTATR has it's moments, Flick of the Switch has a song or two, Fly on the Wall has "Sink the Pink", and Blow Up Your Video has two bluesy-rock songs that kick ass!!
12-02-03 02:04 PM
Factory Girl I like Blah Blah Blah, but it is over produced. Songs "Real Wild Child" and "Shades" are great.

12-02-03 02:10 PM
Joey

That is IT !!!!!!!!!!!

NONE of you fine people !!!!! I am talking NONE OF YOU !!!!!! can touch my Monkey this evening .

NINEA ABS SHAE MONKEE !!!!!!!

Ninea !
12-02-03 02:11 PM
Nasty Habits Real Wild Child is a pitiful attempt to cover a great Jerry Lee Lewis song. I love Iggy, FG, but check out the real deal.

SS -- don't forget that Zooropa ends with that cool tune Johnny Cash sings, "The Wanderer". Not a dreadful record. In fact, the last "tolerable" thing they recorded. . .
12-02-03 02:13 PM
Joey " 10. The Who - It's Hard "

Why ?!?! WHY ?!?!

Jacko !
12-02-03 02:16 PM
Factory Girl Nasty! I actually like Ig's version of RWC. I will check out Jerry's version.

Zooropa is U2's Zombie Birdhouse. Bizarre, but groovy.

What are your thoughts on "Skull ring"??? I kind of like it, but its weak by Ig's standards.
12-02-03 02:27 PM
Nasty Habits Joey -- in the words of the great Lowman Pauling, "I know it's hard, but it's fair."

Factory Girl, if that is the song that he played with those shitty kids on Letterman about a month ago that was rerun yesterday, I have tried to block all memory of it from my mind. I saw that the Stooges played it recently (checked out Zeeta's song list. Are you getting a copy of that?) and would love to hear them do it. I was unable to separate the song from Iggy's dire backing band . . .
12-02-03 02:29 PM
Boomy Hello Nasty!!! Last time I "saw" you was in the chat room!!!

Hope everythang is going great at yo' sto'!!!
12-02-03 02:41 PM
Child of the Moon Personally, I dig Trans. A lot. And Dirty Work.

I agree with some of those, but not all of them.
12-02-03 02:45 PM
Factory Girl Nasty, I believe I'm getting it in the near future. I will PM you when I do.

How crappy are Sum 41? Are they Iggy's Justin??
12-02-03 02:57 PM
Nasty Habits 'Sup, Boom!

All is well in my little corner of reality!

Factory Girl, you are on top of the analogies thing today -- Zooropa IS Zombie Birdhouse. And Sum 41 ARE Iggy's Justin! Good job.

Actually, Party might be a worse album than Blah Blah Blah now that I think about it.

The last Iggy album I really really enjoyed was American Caesar.

Real Wild Child was the first exposure I ever had to Iggy and I dug it at the time -- it really turned my head. It's just that when I heard the Jerry Lee version I could never hear Iggy's again . . .

By the way, have you heard your avatar? It's lo fi but a good one!

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
12-02-03 03:03 PM
Factory Girl LOL, Nasty! I have not heard my avatar, but I would like to...

I could never get into American Caesar, but I have it.

I love "Party"! Don't you just love the song "Pumpin' for Jill"??
12-02-03 03:11 PM
Nasty Habits You have quite the ability to discover the good tracks on otherwise intolerable Iggy Pop albums, I will grant you that.

New Values. Now there's a record.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5