ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Royal Albert Memorial in London
Thanks Ruby Tuesday

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: IMAGINE....DEC.8...... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
12-09-03 08:07 AM
caro RIP John. Since the Beatles were (along with that Bach guy & a few others) the first music I ever heard, it would be difficult for me not to love them.

It's strange to read all those posts about how you all heard the news of his death...I was 5 months old at the time. So he's "always" been dead to me. That didn't make him less important : as far as I know, all people my age listened to nothing else but the Beatles when they were, like 13 or 14 years old...most people moved on to Nirvana after that phase.

FPM, it was also strange to read your post. To me, the eighties were - for obvious reasons - quite an optimistic decade (err...me learning to walk in 1981, the Berlin wall falling in 1989...)
Actually, me and many of my friends grew up thinking all those 60's values and ideas would never be disputed anymore. To me, that era didn't end when Lennon was murdered, but just a few years ago. Around the time when Haider was elected in Austria and nobody seemed to think this was a catastrophy.
Somehow, things have gotten worse incredibly fast since then.

[Edited by caro]
12-09-03 11:49 AM
luxury1 I was rolling around in a bed with Eddie Brigati of Young Rascals fame, and had WNEW FM NYC on the radio. I believe the DJ was Vin Scelsa. I was quite dumbstruck by the news, however, Eddie seemed a bit non-plussed for someone who knew John. And then we carried on..............
12-09-03 11:55 AM
glencar Yes, it was Scelsa. He's on WFUV now.
12-09-03 12:04 PM
luxury1 Where is HUV?? I miss ole NEW FM. WHat a great station that was. There is no more FM radio in NYC. I used to order their Christmas calendars each year --those DJ's had a lot of fun and seemed somewhat intelligent.
12-09-03 12:10 PM
glencar Here you go!

http://wfuv.org/

This is one of the best stations around. BTW I wasn't familiar with Eddie Brigati so I googled him. 5'4"?
12-09-03 12:28 PM
luxury1 Yep--maybe 5' 5", but I'm 5' 4" too, so that was fine by me. And he's loaded. And talented. And wears those fake tuxedo shirts on New Year's Eve.
12-09-03 12:35 PM
glencar One night stand or a relationship?
12-09-03 12:39 PM
luxury1 glencar--thanks for the link--so it is a college station? I dont even listen to radio anymore, it is so dismal, but i have heard that the college stations are the ones to visit.
12-09-03 12:46 PM
glencar It's Fordham University's station. They're located in Da Bronx. Monday nights is their blues show.
Page: 1 2 3