ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Royal Albert Memorial in London
Thanks Ruby Tuesday

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: IMAGINE....DEC.8...... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
12-08-03 11:47 AM
Joey " Joey, don't get wobbly on us. Iraq will end in unerring victory by next November. "

Two words :

" TET OFFENSIVE !!! "

Developing .................................

Shiver .....................................

LBJOEY !

P.S. Josh ,what about MACCA's talents ?!?!?!
12-08-03 11:49 AM
glencar Ah, but we actually won Tet when all was said & done. Yes it shocked & awed at first but quickly teh USA regained the upper hand.
12-08-03 11:52 AM
glencar I cried endlessly the week after his murder. I don't think I'd do that at this stage in my life but who knows?
12-08-03 11:54 AM
jb I was at "Hume" hall in my freshman year at the University of Florida and was too fucked up to care about it...I remember having to put a towel at the foot of my dorm room to prevent the RA from smelling my dope....god those were great years...
12-08-03 11:54 AM
glencar Our RAs gave us dope!
12-08-03 11:57 AM
jb WE had the biggest prick as an RA...the guy was like a young hitler youth club member whose mission was to bust us....I moved into an apt. after my second semester as I couldn't take living with the proverbial "dorm rats" any longer...
12-08-03 11:59 AM
Joey " Ah, but we actually won Tet when all was said & done. Yes it shocked & awed at first but quickly teh USA regained the upper hand. "

After Tet , The President of these United States could no longer tell the American People when the Vietnam War would be over .

The Illusion of Progress Was Shattered ! Period !

Ho set us up " Big Time " and it was a Psychological Masterstroke on his part .

" I's feels the same damn thing getting ready to happens agains Ronnie "

Joey Cong !

12-08-03 12:00 PM
glencar LBJ was a pussy, Joey.

Joshy, our RAs were budding pols. Anything to be your best friend. Our adult in the dorm was that pollster John Zogby's uncle.
12-08-03 12:05 PM
Joey " LBJ was a pussy, Joey. "

I have enormous sympathy for him ..........He chose NOT to drop the Bomb .

I , on the other hand , would have told the Chinese and the Soviets to " BACK OFF " and promptly nuked North Vietnam off of the planet .

I wonder if we will have to destroy Iraq in order to " Save " it ?!?!?!?!

Developing .....................like a Rose ?

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jacky Cong !

12-08-03 12:06 PM
glencar I have to run now...something's coming up!
12-08-03 12:07 PM
jb Zogby and his brother are Arab propagandizers .
12-08-03 12:10 PM
Joey

I just took my " Morning SH## !!! "

Jacko !
12-08-03 01:11 PM
glencar Well, they are of Lebanese descent, Joshy. What else would you expect them to be?
12-08-03 02:29 PM
Joey

" This is not a time for timid souls and trembling spirits . "

( Jacky , '03 )

12-08-03 02:30 PM
glencar Nor timid spirits & trembing souls...
12-08-03 02:36 PM
Joey " Nor timid spirits & trembing souls... "

We SHALL Overcome !

( tremendous applause + standing ovation + young Joey standing erect and braying to the crowd , " Thank You !!!!! " ..... " I THANK YOU !!!!! " ......." THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!! " ...." Yeeeaaah , Whoopie !!!!! " )

Joey Carson !

12-08-03 02:38 PM
glencar You must have 'interesting' dreams...
12-08-03 02:43 PM
Joey " You must have 'interesting' dreams... "

You make Joey smile .
12-08-03 02:44 PM
glencar But how can I win funniest poster if I only make you smile? Laugh, Joey, laugh!
12-08-03 03:08 PM
Joey

" Dance like a clown for me Otis !!!! "

I said DANCE BOY !!!!!!!!

12-08-03 03:10 PM
glencar You're a frigging laff riot. I can't compete!
12-08-03 03:11 PM
Joey " You're a frigging laff riot. I can't compete! "

Come to Joey ..................................

12-08-03 03:12 PM
glencar I can't. I need a nap now.
12-08-03 04:24 PM
Joey

Blue ..................Seriously , after John Lennon was murdered , I began to withdrawal ..................In fact , I remember it as if it were just yesterday ...........**** Joey now scratching his chin and looking up to the ceiling as a dream sequence ( circa 1980 ) emerges *****

I recall when I was small
How I spent my days alone
The busy world was not for me
So I went and found my own
I would climb the garden wall
With a candle in my hand
I'd hide inside a hall of rock and sand .....

On the stone an ancient hand
In a faded yellow-green
Made alive a worldly wonder
Often told but never seen
Now and ever bound to labor
On the sea and in the sky
Every man and beast appeared
A friend as real as I ....................

Before the fall when they wrote it on the wall
When there wasn't even any Hollywood
They heard the call
And they wrote it on the wall
For you and me we understood .

( insert sax solo here )

Can it be this sad design
Could be the very same
A wooly man without a face
And a beast without a name
Nothin' here but history
Can you see what has been done
Memory rush over me
Now I step into the sun ........................

****************** Joey now fading back into picture as camera pans outward admist the fog *************

Thank You

The Joey !

12-08-03 06:31 PM
KeepRigid Out the blue
life's energy, John.

12-08-03 07:01 PM
Child of the Moon Way to hijack the thread, guys. I always just love it when that happens (that was to be said with the utmost sarcasm).

To get back on topic, John is an will always be a great inspiration to me. As far as songwriting goes, he is in the upper echelon of writers - with Dylan, Jagger/Richards, Townshend, Neil Young, Cash, etc. He's one of those guys you want to beat, you you never can. I'm never gonna write "A Day in the Life," I know, but I certainly can try. ;-)

He had his hang-ups, but then, who doesn't? Gold rings on you, John.
12-09-03 12:10 AM
Prodigal Son From lyrics to "Caves of Altamira" by the Dan, stories of college doping days and praises for Lennon, this thread has gone all over the place. But I must say, he ranks up there in song writers of rock. My list:
1. Dylan
2. Lennon/McCartney
3. Jagger/Richards
4. Brian Wilson
5. Townshend
6. Neil Young
7. Leiber/Stoller
8. Van Morrison
9. Chuck Berry
10. John Fogerty
12-09-03 12:32 AM
Gimme Shelter RIP John, I can't believe it's been 23 years.
12-09-03 01:56 AM
FPM C10 Ugh. Another date that will live in infamy, and like Nov 22 1963, I'll always remember where I was and what I was doing. I was at my girlfriend Luann's by myself, watching TV and I immediately had some straight vodka (which I hate but it's all she had) and started smoking after four years without a cigarette - because what the FUCK does it matter when we live in a world where ANYTHING can happen, but the more unjust and awful and absurd, the more likely it is. Then I went down to my house, to my dirty filthy basement, and waited for my buddies Joe and Scott to arrive - we were going to watch "From Here To Eternity" because Joe Strummer had turned us onto Montgomery Clift. When they got there they took one look at me and said "What the hell's wrong?" and I had to be the one to tell them the godawful news. There's something about processing information to turn it into speech that drives it home and makes it irrevocably real, and I couldn't finish the sentence before I started crying.

John was my first hero, the guy that made me want to play in a band. I listened to the Beatles all through grade school, when they were the biggest most popular band in the world, and when I found out they had gotten noticeably more brilliant, innovative and inspired in 1965 ("Rubber Soul") , 1966 ("Revolver") and 1967 ("Sgt Pepper") due to their much-publicized experiments with cannibas and lysergic acid - well, I couldn't wait to try these wonder drugs myself. I guess some might say this wasn't necessarily a positive influence, but it wasn't about catching a buzz, it was about expanding consciousness. Timothy Leary was full of shit about a lot of stuff, but when he said "I believe the Beatles to be evolutionary agents" I fully agreed, and still do. We're all different people than we would have been if John Lennon had never lived. Even Josh.

Something that has occurred to me repeatedly in the past year or two is this thought - what would John Lennon have said about George Bush and his cronies and his war? Would he have bought the parcel of shit that is fed to us daily
in lieu of the truth? Would he have kept his mouth shut for fear of being labeled unpatriotic? Would he accept the daily deaths of young Americans and Brits who have been placed in harm's way under false pretexts?

WWJD? (The "J" is for John who was always bigger than Jesus anyway.)

When John died so senselessly, it was the end of my youthful idealism. It really seemed like a personal message to me from god saying that He didn't exist, and if he did he was a sick fuck. The guy who killed him thought he WAS him so he had to kill him so he could be him? WHAT the FUCK? My hero died for THAT, something that doesn't even make sense??? The last dregs of the 60s had been flushed away. And the sickening soulessness of the 80s that followed - well, how could a decade that started like THAT do anything but suck?

Since that day cynicism is the closest I can get to optimism. I know John would HATE that, but I can't help it.

Be that as it may, we all have to put our cynicism on hold once in awhile and get up people's noses. That's what John would do.

12-09-03 03:43 AM
glencar Would John have turned into a Jerry Rubin? Who knows. Perhaps he would have become a Libertarian. It's 23 years later & people's ideals change a lot in that sort of timespan.
Page: 1 2 3