ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Gypsy!!
Brian's tree with thanks to Water Dragon
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: European Tour Dates! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
November 29th, 2005 07:49 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Im looking forward to the european tour. I am naw dabbling with the idea of planing a mini european tour myself.

Paris

Holland

Swizerland

London

I want to stand and dance though!
November 29th, 2005 07:51 AM
Gazza
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
It seems the Stones are more popular in Europe than in the US at the moment. In the US they do the arena's and smaller stadiums (up to 30.000), and in Europe they do the big stadiums of 60.000 people again. The prices are lower than I expected, $140 max.

Mathijs

I think it all comes down to the guarantees that Cohl demands for them

They played more stadium shows in America this time than was originally planned because their demands were too high for most arenas to take a risk on.

in Europe, there simply isnt that many arenas that can hold 20,000 people whereas every major city in North America has places that size. They can generate as much money by playing an arena in America as they can in a stadium in Europe because the US tickets are so high...
November 29th, 2005 07:55 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Help me...I'm a confused Yank!!

Are the prices unusually high???

What's the problem with the venues???

I'm excited for you guys....can't believe the US leg is nearly over. It's been a blast for us....it's your time to enjoy this great Tour.

LJ.

it was nearly 60 euros on Licks tour dear LJ.
40/60 is the usual price for a Stadium show in Europe.

I will probably focus on Barcelona (most confortable stadium and great place to stay) and avoid the french shows (Stade De France's sound sucks and Nice stadium is not very exiting!)....
oh and may be a show in Holland for RO gathering!!
[Edited by Jumacfly]
November 29th, 2005 07:56 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Are the prices unusually high???

Depends. 'Not really' when compared to expected prices based on the US current prices. 'Yes' when using common sense.

quote:
LadyJane wrote:
What's the problem with the venues???

They're stadiums. It's a greatest-hits-fest for 114 euro (field prices Amsterdam). For me, that's huge.

Plus I've seen it before. Howe could I get excited about that, after Vredenburg, Bercy, l'Olympia, Ahoy: in other words theaters and arenas, only 2 years ago?

I know, They spoiled us in 2003. Well, so be it. It's their fault anyway. They set certain expectations. Doing a stadium tour again after this 'mixed venues' tour is just cruel imo. Especially the mediocre way they tend to play at the end of a tour in stadium number infinite.

Sorry, not having the best of days. But still, I'm not excited one bit about this whole shit.
November 29th, 2005 08:03 AM
Gazza
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

I will probably focus on Barcelona (most confortable stadium and great place to stay) and avoid the french shows (Stade De France's sound sucks and Nice stadium is not very exiting!)....

Ju

I thought that Nice venue looked quite small? I'd have thought that looked to be one of the more interesting venues..have you ever been there?
November 29th, 2005 08:25 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Ju

I thought that Nice venue looked quite small? I'd have thought that looked to be one of the more interesting venues..have you ever been there?

yep Gazza,it's not a football stadium but an Atheletism ring.I was wrong on this one.
U2 did a show last year, I ll try to have more info about the sound etc..
but it could be interesting, yes, even if Barcelona is easier for me (I know the town vey well and got family over there)
November 29th, 2005 08:38 AM
Angiegirl That's what I mean. I'll be 100 km from Barcelona at the end of July. Exactly, that's when they're playing Amsterdam! Lol.
November 29th, 2005 08:39 AM
Mathijs I am actually really curious about how many tickets they will sell in Holland. They have done about 15 large stadium shows in the last 8 years, so every man and his dog has seen the Stones in Holland. I really doubt there's going to be that many people willing to shell out 115 euro to see them again in the Arena in Amsterdam, which must be the worlds' most awfull stadium to see a band play.

I won't go. I refuse to pay 115 euro to see the current Stones in a stadium.

Mathijs

November 29th, 2005 09:15 AM
Flairville If any of you have pre 5/9 codes use them asap. I got 4 block A3 row 2 today for £60 (£70 with fees) each. that was 2 hours after the sale started because I had no idea they were going on sale today. I have 2 spare tickets and would love to trade them for others around the UK, Sheffield seems a good venue only 33,000 for a stadium. It seems they're doing the first 5 rows for £60 in the same way they did in the states (first 5 rows $99). If anyone wants to trade tickets when the others go on sale later in the week le me know. Here's to an amazing gathering next summer!

[email protected]
November 29th, 2005 09:43 AM
Gazza
quote:
Flairville wrote:
If any of you have pre 5/9 codes use them asap. I got 4 block A3 row 2 today for £60 (£70 with fees) each.

For Wembley?? Wow...well done

dont have those pre 9/5 codes, was just gonna take my chances on the public sale. Dont intend paying £150 though
November 29th, 2005 09:53 AM
Flairville Gazza, Yeah I got 4 for Wembley. I was quite surprised 'cos it was well past 11 am because I didn't know they were on sale until I logged on this morning. I emailed you before mate!
November 29th, 2005 10:02 AM
egon does anyone know when france, spain & holland go on sale?
November 29th, 2005 10:22 AM
Gazza
quote:
Flairville wrote:
Gazza, Yeah I got 4 for Wembley. I was quite surprised 'cos it was well past 11 am because I didn't know they were on sale until I logged on this morning. I emailed you before mate!

in work, mate, so wouldnt have got it. would have bit yer hand off for them. Thanks anyway for thinkin of me
November 29th, 2005 10:28 AM
Gazza
quote:
egon wrote:
does anyone know when france, spain & holland go on sale?

ROLLING STONES EUROPEAN PRESALE TICKET SCHEDULE WEEK 1

CITY/COUNTRY
VENUE
DATE PRE-MAY 9TH MEMBER PRESALE START TIME*
NEW PLATINUM MEMBER PRESALE START TIME*
PUBLIC ON-SALE START TIME*

Amsterdam, Holland ArenA July 30, 2006
Nov. 29 10:00 AM
Nov. 30 9:00 AM
Dec. 3 10:00 AM

Paris,
France Stade De France June 3, 2006
Dec. 2 9:00 AM
Dec. 9 10:00 AM

Nice,
France Au Stade Charles Ehrmann/Palais Nikaia August 8, 2006
Dec. 2 10:00 AM
Dec. 9 10:00 AM

*All times are local

(Nothing yet for Spain)
November 29th, 2005 10:55 AM
Jumacfly thanks again Gazza!
November 29th, 2005 10:56 AM
BillyBoll I know that we are all in the same boat but..... has anyone any idea as to whether there will be reserved FOS areas and if so will these be only for those with fan club membership?
November 29th, 2005 11:48 AM
Gazza its looking from the prices that all the UK shows may be all seated...which if true is an unbelievable decision.

Theres no legal reason thats making them do this. Another excuse to fuck their UK fans for silly ticket prices again.
November 29th, 2005 12:02 PM
BillyBoll Seems crazy. I'm not sure how well these will sell! I know some mates of mine will not be pay for seats and it means that their kids definitely wont see them. Very short-sighted polcy.

Thank fuck for easyjet it means that those continental GA venues are cheaply reached.

[Edited by BillyBoll]
November 29th, 2005 12:07 PM
Gazza my feelings exactly, Billy

think I'll be skipping a few UK shows this time around if theyre all seated.

No offence to anyone from those cities, but a night in Sheffield or Cardiff doesnt sound as much fun as a day or two in Amsterdam, Nice or Berlin - and with concert tickets half the price as well...
November 29th, 2005 12:09 PM
Stray Cat UK Yes it looks like we are rip off Britain again

Did you notice the Don vally seating plan is wrong ?

Looks like Hamden Park.

I hope to god they don't expect people in Sheffield to sit in the rain for £150 + fees ! They were walking out last time. Not a sell out for £40 in 99 OR Edinburgh.

NOTHING they do to fans suprises me anymore.

shit I 've just looked at the presales and I'm at A wedding on Saturday 10am ! - my sister in law ,so I can't blow it out. I'm fucking stressed already.

I'll have to take next Friday off work and risk the public sale.

BTW - WELL DONE Flairville !

sc uk

I need 4 tickets (£90 level) to take the family to that one
I think I'll wing the rest.
November 29th, 2005 12:10 PM
BillyBoll Ah well. See you in Nice maybe, Holland if they play anywhere other than the Arena and I think I'll be going to Barcelona too.

November 29th, 2005 12:24 PM
Zeeta Sometimes I fuckin hate the Stones and their management!

Jesus - here's my ass - go ahead and fuck it!

I'll be at Wembley but I'll skip a few others...

Seated! What the FUCK?! Perhaps pandering towards their ageing audience! Wheelchair Access ONLY gigs next!

Why can't they just have some respect for their fans on what, perhaps is their last "proper" tour? It's not like they need cash etc etc etc I am boring myself - but you see our (UK fans) point:

Huge Stadiums
High(est) Ticket Prices in the World for an Entertainment Act
Seated Seats(?!)
Only 5 Gigs
Ticket Availbility / Best Seats to People who Have Paid Upfront Already
Very Samey Setlists (Don't argue see Dylan)

Worth every £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Anyway the sad thing is I'll see y'all there!

November 29th, 2005 12:56 PM
Honky Tonk Man So, when does the general sale start for the UK shows?
November 29th, 2005 01:32 PM
erikjjf
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
So, when does the general sale start for the UK shows?

London - Dec 2
Glasgow, Sheffield, Cardiff - Dec 9

https://tickets.rollingstones.com/
November 29th, 2005 01:41 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
Sometimes I fuckin hate the Stones and their management!

Jesus - here's my ass - go ahead and fuck it!

I'll be at Wembley but I'll skip a few others...

Seated! What the FUCK?! Perhaps pandering towards their ageing audience! Wheelchair Access ONLY gigs next!

Why can't they just have some respect for their fans on what, perhaps is their last "proper" tour? It's not like they need cash etc etc etc I am boring myself - but you see our (UK fans) point:

Huge Stadiums
High(est) Ticket Prices in the World for an Entertainment Act
Seated Seats(?!)
Only 5 Gigs
Ticket Availbility / Best Seats to People who Have Paid Upfront Already
Very Samey Setlists (Don't argue see Dylan)

Worth every £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Anyway the sad thing is I'll see y'all there!

is it too early to call the Euro tour a bust?
November 29th, 2005 03:32 PM
egon gazza is da man!
November 29th, 2005 03:36 PM
keith_tif
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

[Edited by Jumacfly]

I've seen twice Stones in Stade de France and i found that sound was very good. It's my opinion!
November 29th, 2005 05:52 PM
Sleepy London Clown
quote:
Flairville wrote:
If any of you have pre 5/9 codes use them asap. I got 4 block A3 row 2 today for £60 (£70 with fees) each. that was 2 hours after the sale started because I had no idea they were going on sale today. I have 2 spare tickets and would love to trade them for others around the UK, Sheffield seems a good venue only 33,000 for a stadium. It seems they're doing the first 5 rows for £60 in the same way they did in the states (first 5 rows $99). If anyone wants to trade tickets when the others go on sale later in the week le me know. Here's to an amazing gathering next summer!

[email protected]

I managed to pull a pair in the same block, row 9, for £60 too, about an hour. Had another look immediately afterwards and there was a pair in row 10, didn't risk it though.

Thought a pair for £60 each was too good to miss, so used my code. Hope I don't regret burning the code so soon.... wish I'd spotted your post earlier!

BTW, for everyone else, don't know if this will hold true for future pre-sales, but DO NOT select £150 tix when seeing what your passcode can get you, I pulled mine using "Best Available". If you select £150 tix, that's what you'll get!! And they seemed to be worse seats than Best Available
November 29th, 2005 06:32 PM
Gazza
quote:
Sleepy London Clown wrote:

BTW, for everyone else, don't know if this will hold true for future pre-sales, but DO NOT select £150 tix when seeing what your passcode can get you, I pulled mine using "Best Available". If you select £150 tix, that's what you'll get!! And they seemed to be worse seats than Best Available

thats exactly the same system that applied for the $450 tickets on the US shows

also, in the US they tended to hold back the cheaper tickets for a while to give you the impression that only the most expensive ones are left and entice you to panic buy.
November 29th, 2005 08:05 PM
Gazza
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:
shit I 've just looked at the presales and I'm at A wedding on Saturday 10am ! - my sister in law ,so I can't blow it out. I'm fucking stressed already.

I'm at Besty's funeral on Saturday morning. Same time as the Nice presale although it might still be doable as France is an hour ahead which works in my favour

Anyone know how big this Nice venue is? looks quite small....not sure what to do re: public or presale
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)