ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Punch Cartoon Library
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ Nov. 17 setlist, pics, reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
19th November 2006 11:14 AM
BILL PERKS I WAS IN 212 ROW N!AND AT ACBG AFTER UNTIL 2:30!WHAT A NIGHT!
19th November 2006 11:47 AM
chevysales
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
THE BEER AND PISS LINES WERE HORRENDOUS!

can't speak for the beer as i don't drink during shows... but yea the venue can't handle the flow of bathrooms. hence i go before stones
19th November 2006 11:50 AM
mojoman
quote:
chevysales wrote:

can't speak for the beer as i don't drink during shows... but yea the venue can't handle the flow of bathrooms. hence i go before stones

i did the same thing friday. no beer lines, no piss lines it was nice. didn't want to miss ANYTHING!!! of course i got really "stocked up" at ACB&GRILL before!!! what a night!!!
19th November 2006 11:51 AM
mojoman wonder what SAI WONG thought?
19th November 2006 12:01 PM
chevysales
quote:
Harold Wilson wrote:
Hey.

Where are all the pictures of the summiters? I was really looking forward to seeing all 300 pics of them. Not.

fuck off asshole.

somebody should turn your lites out.

whats a matter no love in your life? molested by daddy? not loved by mommy? picked on thru school? all seem to fit your game well.

god i hate people like you... i offer to all these tools to out people like yourself... and if anyone needs more i have a folder full of them.

http://www.ipgeo.com/tools/

http://www.reverserecords.org/

http://www.pc-help.org/trace.htm
[Edited by chevysales]
19th November 2006 12:37 PM
Saint Sway in the pic below, if you look right in front of Ronnie... the overly excited guy against the stage in the black tee with both arms extended over the stage is me. My new best bud Glencar is to my immediate left. He was shooting. Hopefully he got some great shots. Keith & Ronnie were great about coming over and mugging for him.

we were so close we could see the cigarette ashes on Keiths cordoroys and the line of coke spill on Ronnie's blue shirt.

quote:
egeboy wrote:

show was terrific, start to finish. About my 4th time seeing Loving Cup and this is by far the 1st time they nailed it. Best live version by a mile. The extended ADTL was killer as always.

Hot & Cold were great. Its fun to compare the two. They play Hot as tight as they play Tumbling Dice. It sounds amazing. And Cold sounds like they're still learning it. They got tangled up on it a bit. But it was still rocking. Juiced up and sloppy.

nice to see YCAGWYW back after its brief hiatus. Guitars were loud all show from where we sat. I even enjoyed SMU. Shocking but true.

Dance Little Sister continues to get unjustly snubbed.....

off to brunch. Will post more tomorrow
19th November 2006 12:51 PM
chevysales
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
in the pic below, if you look right in front of Ronnie... the overly excited guy against the stage in the black tee with both arms extended over the stage is me. My new best bud Glencar is to my immediate left. He was shooting. Hopefully he got some great shots. Keith & Ronnie were great about coming over and mugging for him.

we were so close we could see the cigarette ashes on Keiths cordoroys and the line of coke spill on Ronnie's blue shirt.

show was terrific, start to finish. About my 4th time seeing Loving Cup and this is by far the 1st time they nailed it. Best live version by a mile. The extended ADTL was killer as always.

Hot & Cold were great. Its fun to compare the two. They play Hot as tight as they play Tumbling Dice. It sounds amazing. And Cold sounds like they're still learning it. They got tangled up on it a bit. But it was still rocking. Juiced up and sloppy.

nice to see YCAGWYW back after its brief hiatus. Guitars were loud all show from where we sat. I even enjoyed SMU. Shocking but true.

nice meeting you again.., should have stayed as we could have used your company for firewaters...heck we were only revelers there

i was trying to get both your and glencars attention during bstage but couldn't... how about keith so fan friendly at bstage.

heres me (poster (hope you don't mind) please send me originals unworked thru any program and i will photoshop them up for you (and me) as i used one of yours but added a quick "layers" layer and arrow and i am sure your originals are better than posted for web)

and sway isn't the bstage the whole show when your on the rail? it does it for me... the high is long lasting.

glencar can be seen top of head and white t shirt.

[Edited by chevysales]
19th November 2006 12:51 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
in the pic below, if you look right in front of Ronnie... the overly excited guy against the stage in the black tee with both arms extended over the stage is me. My new best bud Glencar is to my immediate left. He was shooting. Hopefully he got some great shots. Keith & Ronnie were great about coming over and mugging for him.

THANKS FOR GIVING THEM PROPS
19th November 2006 01:30 PM
GotToRollMe Hey, all you crazy fuckers! What a night! What a show! It still hasn't all sunk in yet. I had row 5 directly in front of the B-stage, but as soon as the lights went down I made a beeline for the rail, and that's where I remained for the entire show. By two-thirds of the way through, my feet were screaming for mercy, but no way was I giving up THAT spot! LJ and her friend were hanging out with me before the show and ended up staying on the floor with me, so we all had great spots for this one. We also ran into Steel Wheels at the front of the B - what a great kid! We had a lot of fun exchanging unbelieving looks at the gems we were getting hit with!

I managed to smuggle in my 35mm camera. It's the first time I've used this camera for a show, so I'm praying the shots come out well. When the B-stage rolled up, they were RIGHT THERE, so I got some choice shots...I hope! If they're any good at all, I'll post them as soon as I get the rolls developed.

THE SHOW ITSELF: Lawdy Miss Clawdy! This is definitely in my top 3 Stones shows ever. Maybe even #2. The setlist - good lord! Standouts: JJF, ONNYA, She Was Hot(!), Loving Cup(!), Streets Of Love (tremendous!), Ain't Too Proud To Beg(!), All Down The Line(!), a blistering Tumbling Dice, You Got The Silver & Connection from Keith (these two alone would have made my night), She's So Cold(!), a really hot Brown Sugar, and YCAGWYW for the encore. They gave us way more than I'd dared to expect or hope for.

AND THE BAND! Holy shit! KEITH! Fucking Keith! He came out with guns blazing and never let up. He's been looking better with each show on this fall leg, and for this show he had it ALL together. ON FIRE only begins to describe it. Good God! And Ronnie, bless his heart, played impeccably as he's been doing all fall. I caught his eye by accident when the B-stage was close and had my hand over my heart and was saying "WOW!," and he raised his eyebrows and gave that "Ronnie" look and gave me a "WOW!" right back! Ronnie has saved the day many times on this fall leg, and his leads and steel guitar are just gorgeous. God bless Ronnie Wood. And wonderful Charlie - I remember being amazed at what a great time he was having at the Giants Stadium show. Well, AC was even better, I've never seen him smile so much. He was having a ball, and pounding those skins like his life depended on it. It was so intense it was almost unbelievable. I felt like I was in a dream. And Darryl was having a great time as well, and laying down some beautiful bass lines. Chuck was really sounding great too - on the old "Exile" tunes he was giving it his best Nicky Hopkins, and just overall putting out 100%. Chuckie, Chuckie, Chuckie - thank you for the amazing setlist! And then of course there was Mick Fucking Jagger. There always comes a point in a Stones show - usually about 2/3 through - when I say, "How the hell does he do it?" As I've said before, Mick is the Eighth Wonder Of The World and an international treasure. We should all give him his due while he's still around, because when he's gone you will never see the likes of him again. I've seen some powerful performers, but Mick takes first place hands-down. Even though he's had his personal trials lately and has been touring non-stop for over a year, this man can mesmerize and hold an audience like no one else. He was simply out of this world.

I'd really wanted to go to the AC Bar & Grill, meet some of the board members, and say "Hi," to a few I've already met, but, like Keith said, "Shit happens," and I missed it completely. I managed to run into LJ, Jaggergurl, TomL, Glencar, Steel Wheels, Bitch, and Paulywaul, but I'm so sorry I missed Jumping Jack, Paranoid Android, Saint Sway, Chevysales and a bunch of others. I hope you all had a great time. Glencar, at least I got to see you briefly on our bumpy rickshaw ride on the boardwalk from the show to the hotel - I thought I was gonna hurl for sure when the driver gave us that extra little "spin" before we stopped...lol!

Thanks for posting the setlist and the reviews, guys. Sweet Virginia, I managed to text you the first song, but after that, I got too caught up in the show. (I think you knew I would...lol!) This was one for the books, guys. If this was my last Stones show, then I definitely went out with a bigger bang. They gave it all they had, and who can ask for any more than that.

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
19th November 2006 02:04 PM
lotsajizz isn't it GREAT to have Keith back?!?!!
19th November 2006 02:14 PM
GotToRollMe It's FUCKIN' great! I was absolutely floored when I saw how ON he was. The Beast is Back!
19th November 2006 02:27 PM
lotsajizz oh YEAH--best Keith show in at least eight months and maybe longer....gets me thinkin' 'bout springtime in Europe!!!

19th November 2006 03:07 PM
mrhipfl when will they Europe dates be announced?I pray to god they do Switzerland.
19th November 2006 03:24 PM
Throwaway wait..Glencar was wearin the shamrock Stones tee then?? My dad pointed out that shirt, sayin he'd want one..some real cool shirts, I especially liked the dude w/ the leopard print/Keith silk lookin button down shirt...Keith was playin an acoustic on the back, plus it was the kinda shirt Keith would wear cerca BTB tour. Wish I coulda met some RO'ers, but I'm only 19 and w/o a fake. When this show comes out on torrent, i'll be all over it..
19th November 2006 05:33 PM
glencar
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
I think I can see LJ and Glencar in that pic.
Or maybe I've been drinkin' too much.

LOL I'm to the left of the B-stage in the picture. I stayed on the raill all night. Pretty good show wherein I took a ton of Keith pix. No pics, alas.
19th November 2006 05:36 PM
glencar
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
wait..Glencar was wearin the shamrock Stones tee then?? My dad pointed out that shirt, sayin he'd want one..some real cool shirts, I especially liked the dude w/ the leopard print/Keith silk lookin button down shirt...Keith was playin an acoustic on the back, plus it was the kinda shirt Keith would wear cerca BTB tour. Wish I coulda met some RO'ers, but I'm only 19 and w/o a fake. When this show comes out on torrent, i'll be all over it..

Yes, that tee shirt got me many "Howe was the Dublin show?" questions. I bought it over there. I should eBay it to raise money for Europe 2007, no?
19th November 2006 06:27 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yes, that tee shirt got me many "Howe was the Dublin show?" questions. I bought it over there. I should eBay it to raise money for Europe 2007, no?

People kept asking me where I got my "Too Tough To Die" shirt. I should get a commission from Krudmart!
19th November 2006 06:46 PM
glencar
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

People kept asking me where I got my "Too Tough To Die" shirt. I should get a commission from Krudmart!

No shit? They sell that shirt there????
19th November 2006 09:09 PM
shaleia
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
It's FUCKIN' great! I was absolutely floored when I saw how ON he was. The Beast is Back!

Glad you got to see that, angel...
19th November 2006 10:18 PM
Bitch
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
They say Jersey girls arent trash, cause trash gets taken out (a joke, and i got family in NJ too)...but there was a lotta talent out there last night.

Enough with the insults about Jersey girls! We're not trash, we're devils!

19th November 2006 10:30 PM
Throwaway i could see that Friday night!! this bootleg will be one of the best of this tour---a DVD of this one would be somethin special
19th November 2006 10:36 PM
GotToRollMe I'm salivatin' like Pavlov's dog at the thought of this boot...
19th November 2006 11:40 PM
maumau
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
I'm salivatin' like Pavlov's dog at the thought of this boot...

And my heart is beating louder than a big bass drum for it
Someone please lay it out soon!
19th November 2006 11:44 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
shaleia wrote:

Glad you got to see that, angel...

20th November 2006 02:35 AM
FotiniD I knew our boys would deliver and I knew our man wasn't gonna let you guys down Happy for all of you!

LJ, GTRM... I can feel just how special it must have been. Here's to another 10 like that girls, against all odds!
20th November 2006 02:49 AM
glencar I learned this weekend to never bet against the odds. I'm sorry, FotiniD, but it's a fact! You'l be lucky to see them next summer but they ain't never, never coming ba-a-ack here.
20th November 2006 03:12 AM
FotiniD I know Glencar, but it ain't over till it's over!

Here's a beauty posted on IORR:

20th November 2006 05:21 AM
lotsajizz sweet
20th November 2006 07:26 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
I know Glencar, but it ain't over till it's over!

Here's a beauty posted on IORR:

Pic of the day, would be a great header
20th November 2006 09:00 AM
Paranoid_Android Hey Guys...reading my earlier post, I realized, I forgot to mention THE INCREDIBLE VERSION OF STREETS OF LOVE!!!

That song was so well preformed...I always liked it on CD...but live...WOWSER!!!! Mick poured his heart out like he hasn't done in a long time...I equate it to the best preformance of Worry About You...like the one on 40 Flicks.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)