ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Punch Cartoon Library
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ Nov. 17 setlist, pics, reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
21st November 2006 11:48 AM
glencar Ditto! Pdog, it's not really an East Coast summit if you can't make it. You are a great man!
21st November 2006 04:28 PM
glencar Got some smoking pix back today. SMOKIN'! Available via the backchannel. Must PM me & things will be worked out. Holiday weekend will complicate but we're all sophistacado enogh to work it out. Stamped/self-address are necessaire. Late night callers not wilkommen. No foreigners except Canucks...
21st November 2006 07:09 PM
GotToRollMe Thanks, Glenny, that's awfully nice of you. I got my order in early! I'm picking up my pics tomorrow, but I ain't expecting much as I had problems with the film - but who knows, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised...I hope so!
21st November 2006 08:43 PM
pdog
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Thanks, Glenny, that's awfully nice of you. I got my order in early! I'm picking up my pics tomorrow, but I ain't expecting much as I had problems with the film - but who knows, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised...I hope so!

Was the camera treating you poorly again?
22nd November 2006 12:08 AM
GotToRollMe LOL...ya remember that, huh? This time, the film snapped when I rewound it yesterday. I'm just gonna have to jump into the 21st Century with everyone else and go digital.

On second thought, I'm ditching that hand-me-down piece of shit and getting a new 35mm. Never say die!

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
22nd November 2006 02:16 PM
chevysales
quote:
glencar wrote:
Lisa changed dresses because she was popping out of the first one, no?

don't think so... she had that same out fit fro at least past few shows i have seen pics of... the dress definetly was on in vegas as was the dark outfit... but yea she was poppin' out thats for sure.

btw...just got back from couple days at (birthday and anniversary) mohegan sun where a very nice older korean women taught (she saw i was screwing up her cards not knowing what the hell i was doing so had no choice but to help) me how to play spanish 21 while my wife watched... and i walked away $640 richer . what a great little vacation... and excellent show to start it all off

now i could use another arena show before going back to work... did they by chance announce another one while i was gone past 4 days????
[Edited by chevysales]
22nd November 2006 04:35 PM
GotToRollMe Sorry, guys, the photos didn't come out at all. Long story not worth repeating. Luckily, we've got plenty that other people have taken. It woulda been nice to have some of my own from this show but it just wasn't in the cards. C'est la vie.
22nd November 2006 04:42 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
chevysales wrote:

don't think so... she had that same out fit fro at least past few shows i have seen pics of... the dress definetly was on in vegas as was the dark outfit... but yea she was poppin' out thats for sure.

btw...just got back from mohegan sun where i nice older korean women taught me how to play spanish 21 while my wife watched... and i walked away $640 richer . what a great birthday aniversary few days for us.

now i could use another arena show before going back to work... did they by chance announce another one while i was gone past 4 days????

LOL...Chevy, I noticed Lisa's "extra bounciness" too! She was a-rollin' and a-tumblin'! Thought she was gonna pop clean outta there! She was having the time of her life too, along with everyone else. God, I wish a DVD of this show would surface...although at this point I'd settle for audio...
22nd November 2006 08:33 PM
Egbert

That's a good look for Keith.
22nd November 2006 11:54 PM
chevysales
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

LOL...Chevy, I noticed Lisa's "extra bounciness" too! She was a-rollin' and a-tumblin'! Thought she was gonna pop clean outta there! She was having the time of her life too, along with everyone else. God, I wish a DVD of this show would surface...although at this point I'd settle for audio...

audio would be good.

is it me or didn't seem like there were variouis recordings of each show during licks tour yet ABB has yeilded much less.

i suppose the torrent deal instead of trees may have made it so unless one torrents they get much less but doubt it.

and funny about lisa as i do check out the stage interaction about as much as the individual playing and mybe more so but damn i had a hard time not constantly checking out lisa until she her first wardrobe change.
23rd November 2006 01:45 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
chevysales wrote:

audio would be good.

is it me or didn't seem like there were variouis recordings of each show during licks tour yet ABB has yeilded much less.

i suppose the torrent deal instead of trees may have made it so unless one torrents they get much less but doubt it.

and funny about lisa as i do check out the stage interaction about as much as the individual playing and mybe more so but damn i had a hard time not constantly checking out lisa until she her first wardrobe change.

We were getting audio boots (and even DVDs) of most shows on this tour, but I'm still waiting on Austin, Las Vegas and AC. I've been keeping an eye on torrents, trees...you name it. They've gotta be out there somewhere.

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
23rd November 2006 02:49 AM
FotiniD Sorry the pics didn't come out GTRM!
Well, the say everything happens for a reason - so I guess that means better luck NEXT time darling
23rd November 2006 10:32 AM
GotToRollMe Aw, thanks, darlin'.
23rd November 2006 10:45 AM
Gazza
quote:
chevysales wrote:

audio would be good.

No. Its not just you. With this being the first Stones tour in the 'torrent era', I would have expected almost all shows to have circulated by now and most to have been available within days. The amount of shows - especially in the US and dating back as far as this time last year - which still havent circulated in any form is unprecedented and quite remarkable considering how many tickets theyve sold.

Its especially noticeable when you look at some of their contemporaries such as Dylan and Springsteen who have been on the road for much the same period and despite playing in smaller venues and whose shows have pretty much all circulated, often within hours of taking place.

The only reason I can come to is that the Stones' ticket prices have resulted in a lot of would-be tapers simply not bothering to go this time around. More indications that the Stones audience demographic is changing by the year and that theyre increasingly attracting the sort of fan who doesnt go to many 'rock' shows (and who therefore wouldnt be likely to even buy their new album let alone be interested in a recording of the show) as opposed to the sort of hard-core concert going audience that other artists may have. Its inexplicable to me otherwise how concerts attended by 40-50,000 people arent circulating.
[Edited by Gazza]
23rd November 2006 11:09 AM
GotToRollMe True. I've seen almost every Dylan gig from this tour upped to Dime within 24 hours. Yet only about half of the Stones shows - in particular from this fall leg of the tour - have shown up. I really hope Vegas and AC surface. It'd be a shame if they don't.

24th November 2006 05:11 AM
Gazza The thing with the Dylan shows , though, is that there are two guys in the US who seem to attend almost every show there and record them (Stealthtaper and Soomlos) - and even though theyre 'on the road' they manage to have them uploaded pretty soon afterwards, whereas most people would wait until their own travels are over before doing so. Most of the gigs they havent been at have seen others step into the breach and upload them

Dylan's four tours this year have been 20-27 shows each time or thereabouts. Of the spring shows, there are only 4 (at the end of the tour in georgia and Florida) which havent been uploaded, all of the summer European tour apart from Roskilde Festival(Denmark) are available, all of the US ballpark tour is available (stealthtaper recorded the entire tour!) and most of the fall tour which ended this week is already on Dime (I think theres about 5 shows, mostly in Canada and the midwest, still to be made available)
24th November 2006 07:29 AM
charlotte strange enough for sure...Dylan and Springsteen tapers are pretty well networked together, I have been in various private chat rooms where tapers will have their equipment listed, seat location, frequencies set depending on the arena or stadium and when/where to expect the upload and as a result I like most of you, have just about everything from the last 2-3 tours of both...no such thing (very limited at most)with the stones...there is the real issue of cost of ticket, a few tapers I know, will not go public because (they used to) of the cost of equipment,ticket, the investment is enormous for them and go berserk when their recording are listed on ebay or similar bootlegs outlets or they really want to share the music but cannot afford the price of ticket because they are seeing many other concerts, they love live music like most of us...
Austin falls in the $$ bootleg category, I know of two complete sets have been recorded-I have heard one of them but the only movement has been "in my will"...
24th November 2006 07:57 AM
Gazza "In my will" ? Who the fuck 'sits' on audience recordings in this day and age? Its a Stones stadium show in 2006 - its not like its Elvis, Scotty and Bill playing some ballroom in 1955 or something. Pointless elitist nonsense.
24th November 2006 09:03 AM
charlotte and on top of that gazza, the fucking concert was recorded as a future DVD release...I (personally) would want to be the first to upload the show a least a year in advance!!
24th November 2006 09:58 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:
"In my will" ? Who the fuck 'sits' on audience recordings in this day and age? Its a Stones stadium show in 2006 - its not like its Elvis, Scotty and Bill playing some ballroom in 1955 or something. Pointless elitist nonsense.

No kidding. I'd never be able to just sit on a tape and not share it. In fact, if I had any idea of how to do it, I'd have taped AC myself.

If the tapers happen to read this, PLEASE upload Vegas and AC! I'm jonesing here...I need a Stonesian fix!
24th November 2006 03:08 PM
Gazza
quote:
charlotte wrote:
and on top of that gazza, the fucking concert was recorded as a future DVD release...I (personally) would want to be the first to upload the show a least a year in advance!!

Yeah. When they put out the official release and theres soundboard audios for everyone of the gig, that audience tape is really going to be in high demand!!
[Edited by Gazza]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)