ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In Memory of Joe Jagger
Video uploaded and provided by Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: McAfee Coliseum, Oakland, Nov. 6th-2006, Setlist-Photos and Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
7th November 2006 12:05 AM
WattsAtScotts From Shidoobee/IORR:

The set list

1. Jumping Jack Flash
2. It's Only Rock'n Roll
3. Let's Spend The Night Together
4. She Was Hot
5. Dead Flowers
6. Streets Of Love
7. Bitch
8. Midnight Rambler
9. Tumbling Dice
--- Introductions
10. You Got The Silver (Keith)
11. Connection (Keith)
12. Under My Thumb (to B-stage)
13. Just My Imagination
14. Start Me Up
15. Honky Tonk Women (to main stage)
16. Sympathy For The Devil
17. Paint It Black
18. Brown Sugar
19. Satisfaction (encore)

Rolling Stones : 8:45 p.m. – 10:40 p.m.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McAfee_Coliseum
http://www.coliseum.com/info/history.php
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
7th November 2006 12:06 AM
WattsAtScotts 5.Dead Flowers!
7th November 2006 12:11 AM
WattsAtScotts 6.Streets Of Love
7th November 2006 12:19 AM
WattsAtScotts 7.Bitch!
7th November 2006 12:23 AM
WattsAtScotts 8.Midnight Rambler
7th November 2006 12:31 AM
Dan What an awesome setlist! And they changed up quite a bit since the last time they played.
7th November 2006 12:32 AM
WattsAtScotts I would love to keep goin', but I just got an important call, if anyone could please continue
7th November 2006 12:38 AM
Bingo 9. TUMBLING DICE
7th November 2006 12:53 AM
Bingo Band Intro.

10. You Got the Silver
11. Connection
12. Under My Thumb
7th November 2006 12:58 AM
Bingo B-Stage

13. Just My Imagination
14. Start Me Up
15. Honky Tonk Women

[Edited by Bingo]
7th November 2006 01:14 AM
Bingo 16. Sympathy for the Devil
7th November 2006 02:25 AM
FotiniD 17. Paint It Black
18. Brown Sugar
19. Satisfaction

Keith kept Connection, eh?
7th November 2006 03:25 AM
pdog Good show tonight...
Got free tickiets, so I can't complain...
Ran over to the B-stage, got a great song off Some Girls...
Sang along with She Rat... It was awesome...
Keith was sparodic. He really showed up for Bitch... Alot of him just holding the guitar...
She Rat had her Lady Jane moment and got teary after You Got The Silver, which was another highlight. He sounded great IMO!
I told she Rat Lil T&A was next... I was wrong, very wrong!
I tried to not get emotional. I waved goodbye to them at the final bows, I've never done that before....
I want to publicly thank Monkey Man for the hook up with the tickets. After the B-stage set I hit the fllor, She Rat was behind me, but she got stopped, I hung out for two songs, then went up and found her... We listened to Satisfaction, watched the explosions and pyro... It was a really good show... Micks voice was fantastic, his energy was really high, and Ronnie was off the charts good...
Gott to say hi to T&A, and spent a few moments with Poplar. We almost never got to greet. He should post the photo of us soon. Nice guy... I wish we all could've been together during the show... My one dream would be for us inmates to all be together during a show. The energy level would be through the roof... Too many people at these shows that shoudn't be there... It's like the go to a show just to tell their friends they went the next day...
I'm a bit sad, but also relieved...
If this is it, the end, and it's all over... I'm satisfied... I've been very blessed and fortunate to see alot of great Stones shows over the years, and more importatly connect with real die hard fans like myself here and online!
Weather was perfect, it was high 60's in Oakland and the moon was clear in the skies...
7th November 2006 04:16 AM
marko we still need coming down again and,sleep tonight!
7th November 2006 04:42 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
pdog wrote:
.. My one dream would be for us inmates to all be together during a show. The energy level would be through the roof...

Oh, that would be lovely! Nice review pdog. I'm so glad you, Rat, MM, Poplar and the others got that great setlist.

Just My Imagination on the B-stage. Awesome!

[Edited by SweetVirginia]
7th November 2006 04:47 AM
Poplar
i try hard to admit when I'm wrong. So let me start there.
All tarp salesmen in Oakland are weeping tonight. The place was packed.

Pdog was greeted. The man is a jovial, friendly, warm spirit. Dude, it was too brief.

The band was fantastic. Keith was reserved at first. Just reserved. I was no more than 40 feet away from him. He was dialed in, very focused... just reserved. Then, he played bitch. Holy Hell. Midnight Rambler was also inspired. Dead Flowers was top notch. The whole meat of the setlist was stellar.

One final note; I caught Charlie's drumstick. Even more amazing, I also caught one in September of 1994. 2 in 12 years. Go figure.

More pictures and a more detailed review to come tomorrow.

Could have gone out with tonight, yet Vegas is still coming.

The Stones are still for real. God bless 'em.

7th November 2006 06:11 AM
PartyDoll MEG Thanks for the reviews, P and Tree!!!!

Glad you guys got a few minutes of meet and greet!
7th November 2006 06:15 AM
LadyJane Wow...

Great setlist.

Connection!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the Band knows we have been a lil annoyed with them.

Thanks for the call Pdog and SheRat. Great way to wake up this a.m. Listening to a voicemail of the Stones singing JJF and hearing SheRat screaming "Mick fucking Jagger".

SheRat....I hear ya Sistah. You should have seen me in Chicago during YGTS. Surprised the tears didn't turn to icicles!!

Pdog...you waved goodbye. Awwwww...... See. We swear it's over and then we see them live. And all the bitterness goes away cause we love these guys so much and we know our concert days are numbered.

Poplar..so glad you enjoyed the show and met up with my friends P and S. Thanks for the pics. Vegas is gonna rock.

I read somewhere that for 5 million dollars you could "rent" the Stones for a private show.

If I ever win that damned lottery there will be a private show...for ALL of us!!!!!!!!!

LJ.

7th November 2006 06:26 AM
FotiniD
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

I read somewhere that for 5 million dollars you could "rent" the Stones for a private show.

If I ever win that damned lottery there will be a private show...for ALL of us!!!!!!!!!

It's easier! We should create a triple common fund - RO, Shidoobee and IORR - and we'll collect the money in no time

And then, baby, it's payback time
7th November 2006 06:41 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

It's easier! We should create a triple common fund - RO, Shidoobee and IORR - and we'll collect the money in no time

And then, baby, it's payback time

you got pm honey
7th November 2006 07:12 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

you got pm honey

And right back at you darling
7th November 2006 07:31 AM
glencar Sounds like a pretty great show! I'm hoping Connection stays in Keith's set as I've not liked LTA yet.
7th November 2006 08:21 AM
Some Guy The Stones went tarpless!
7th November 2006 10:19 AM
Gimme Shelter Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome show. The Stones sounded incredible!!! Those few days off since the Beacon shows really did them some good. Keith's voice sounded strong during his set. Van Morrison sounded great as well. I still wish they played Sway, but hey we got She Was Hot.
7th November 2006 10:19 AM
jb Happy for Pdog !!!!
7th November 2006 10:22 AM
GotToRollMe http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/11/07/DDstones07.DTL&feed=rss.entertainment

The Rolling Stones Rock The Coliseum
Joel Selvin, Chronicle Staff Writer

Tuesday, November 7, 2006

This may be the last time.

Drummer Charlie Watts, 65, underwent chemo treatment for cancer before the tour started last year. Guitarist Keith Richards, 62, who was wearing some kind of strange red headband/bandage onstage, had brain surgery just months ago after falling out of a cocoanut tree. Even the customarily bionic Mick Jagger, 63, suffered throat problems that caused an unscheduled break in the tour and moved the band's appearance from Sunday to Monday at the McAfee Stadium in Oakland.

But if that was indeed the final Bay Area performance by the storied band growing long in the tooth, the gentlemen went out at the top of their game. It may not have been the greatest performance this town has ever seen by the band, but the Rolling Stones have become an awesome rock and roll war machine that even on a medium-powered night crushes all opposition. At McAfee on Monday, Jagger was clearly not back to full voice, but guitarist Richards gave one of his peerless demonstrations, and it was a song list to die for, more than half the songs entirely different than the two shows last year at SBC Park.

In the third Bay Area concert by the band in a year on the "A Bigger Bang" tour, the Stones returned to an Oakland stadium where, on a sunny July afternoon 28 years ago, Jagger celebrated his 34th birthday before a similar capacity crowd. He took the stage Monday in a red satin toreador jacket, looking impossibly trim and lithe, Jagger gingerly walking his way through the opening "Jumping Jack Flash," careful with his voice.

He apologized for shifting the date. "You could have been home watching Monday Night Football," he said.

As his voice warmed up, he started singing stronger. By the sixth number, Jagger was his most masterful self, dropping to a near whisper and holding the audience of 42,000 pin-drop still for the dramatic last chorus of "Streets of Love," a remarkably powerful new ballad from the "A Bigger Bang" album that got a thorough dramatic workout Monday.

Richards arrived onstage in a ripped and torn raincoat that wouldn't have looked out of place on a homeless person. His rumpled face wreathed in smiles, he threw off sparks on guitar all night long - the Chuck Berryisms of "It's Only Rock and Roll," the grit of "Bitch," the snaking, insinuating fuse that lit "Sympathy for the Devil." In the first number of his two-song solo spotlight, he sang "You've Got the Silver" without a guitar, standing at the microphone, hunching his shoulders and waving his arms.

With an augmented band and production team that has largely been in place since the 1989 "Steel Wheels" tour, the Stones know how to light, stage and play for a stadium full of fans. They have worked on this monumental scale for so long that it is second nature for them to play to the grandstands. The giant video screens, the enormously inventive lighting, the huge stage and backdrop all work to enlarge the experience and somehow not dwarf the band.

Even having an opening act of the stature of Van Morrison contributed to the Stones' larger than life presence. Morrison turned in a typically flawless, brilliant blend of jazz, country and R&B, but was wiped from the crowd's collective memory with the first downstroke from the Stones' electric guitars and only brought back to mind by Jagger asking for a round of applause "for our man Van."

On Monday, the band rolled a small section the stage, once again, all the way out into the center of the stadium. But instead of playing a semi-unplugged blues or one of their '60s oldies, they jump-started the final act from the little stage with "Start Me Up" and made their way back to the main stage, where a mammoth set of plastic lips and tongue had unfurled, playing "Honky Tonk Woman."

What the Stones are doing is without any precedent. These men on the cusp of old age have lived through the history of the music that they make, riding at the top of the wave the whole way. The band's new records barely matter - the show-stopping "Streets of Love" was the only song in the program from the last year's release - but the band still tops every other act in the business on the stage. On this tour, the band has played 110 performances in 20 countries for more than 4.5 million fans. It was the highest grossing tour of the year last year and will be again this year.

While the tour will undoubtedly continue into next year, by the time the Stones take their customary three years off between tours, the three surviving principals should be well in their dotage. So if this was goodbye, it was a beautiful kiss-off. After all, how long can they keep this up?

As long as they want to.

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
7th November 2006 10:36 AM
jb 42k is not bad...
7th November 2006 10:39 AM
GotToRollMe I'm so glad you guys got a great show! Pdog, awesome review. I only regret that you can't make the rescheduled AC show...you will be sorely missed...but I'm very happy your last show was a good one. She Rat, I know the feeling...I got teary during YGTS at Giants and Chicago too...it's almost impossible not to! Poplar, thank you for the photos and review. I love that pic of She Rat, Pdog and you...is that you or Monkey Man? Anyway, it's a great pic. It's always nice to see happy Stonesian faces! I'm so glad you guys hooked up, if only briefly.

Thanks very much WattsAtScotts, Bingo, and FotiniD for bringing in the setlist last night!

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
7th November 2006 10:41 AM
Jumping Jack NICE!!!
7th November 2006 10:42 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
jb wrote:
42k is not bad...

JB, please reconsider going to AC. I have a feeling you'll regret it if you miss this one. Besides, you shall be greeted like royalty!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)