ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In Memory of Joe Jagger
Video uploaded and provided by Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: McAfee Coliseum, Oakland, Nov. 6th-2006, Setlist-Photos and Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
7th November 2006 04:45 PM
Poplar
Thanks Luxy - it really was a moment.

Fucking great night. Our boys brought the heat. The Bitch/Rambler was thunderous. I was pissing when Bitch started, and Keith's guitar was piercing right through that concrete beast of a building. The urinals were lined with people shaking legs, cause it sounded like they were in the god damn stall.

7th November 2006 05:19 PM
pdog Did the break during Rambler seem different... The bass lines were different... Right before Jagger started doing his, everbody say Owww!
7th November 2006 05:25 PM
WattsAtScotts
quote:
pdog wrote:
Did the break during Rambler seem different... The bass lines were different... Right before Jagger started doing his, everbody say Owww!

How was She Was Hot?
7th November 2006 06:12 PM
Poplar
quote:
pdog wrote:
Did the break during Rambler seem different... The bass lines were different... Right before Jagger started doing his, everbody say Owww!

YES!!! totally different feel... can't really remember it , but I was well aware that it sounded re-done... ver cool. it was spooky, with the blue lights and all.
7th November 2006 06:14 PM
Poplar
quote:
WattsAtScotts wrote:
How was She Was Hot?

good, crowd didn't seem to know it, but Keith and Ronnie were all over it. Those two were really focused early. Not much "dancing" etc. just very focused guitar playing, all leading up to bitch, when they seemed to cut loose.
7th November 2006 06:29 PM
Promo *****OAKLAND*****
The Stones were out to prove something last night.
THEY KICKED ASS AND HAD FUN DOING IT.

It was t-shirt weather all night. I coud'nt believe it.
It was raining last week.

Keith, Charlie and Woody were throwing it down.
Tons of energy.
Flawless show.

7th November 2006 06:37 PM
Saint Sway NO WAY this pic is from the Stones show.... I dont see any groups of trendy dressed model chicks in this shot

quote:
Poplar wrote:

7th November 2006 06:59 PM
Soldatti Nice setlist.
7th November 2006 07:16 PM
SheRat As usual, the show was good, it's just the audience that gets on my nerves.

Pdog and I were told to sit down. Repeatedly, by a bunch of old farts...they actually went and got security on us. I'm not shitting. We had to change seats.

Things are pretty out of hand when you can't dance at a Rolling fucking Stones show.

I blame Bush.

Tee to the hee.

THANKS to monkey man for scoring us tix, thanks to Poplar for coming and hanging out, and, as always, thanks to Pdog for being the best Stones friend a girl could have.

Did everyone vote today?

7th November 2006 07:37 PM
Bitch WOW just hearing about the RS playing BITCH gives me the shivers - now you know why BITCH is my favorite song, it kicks Rock & Roll ass! I use BITCH as my handle because it's my favorite song, always has been, and it ROCKS!

Pdog, Poplar, and the others - it sounds like you had a great and powerful show! ROCKS OFF to ya!
7th November 2006 08:02 PM
pdog I voted She Rat, and you're the best married woman, a married guy could take as a date to a show...
It's funny, you leave her alone for a second, and it's guarenteed some guy is going to be talking to her when you get back...

[Edited by pdog]
7th November 2006 08:13 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Poplar wrote:

Hey Pdog, pm me your snail mail address, I want to send you and she rat something for the beer sips I stole.

We are now all being very careful not to "Tele" our RO friends!

7th November 2006 08:16 PM
Poplar
yeah - I think those beer sips (to wash down the Jack I had been pulling straight from the bottle) saved my life, even though they were probably only worth about $2. I think a bottle of wine should cover that.

7th November 2006 08:43 PM
pdog I think She Rat was paying $8.50 a beer... We're talking about 12 to 16 oz. Fuckin' insane...
Send her any gifts of wine or dope... LOL!
7th November 2006 08:44 PM
Poplar
quote:
pdog wrote:
I think She Rat was paying $8.50 a beer... We're talking about 12 to 16 oz. Fuckin' insane...
Send her any gifts of wine or dope... LOL!

10-4
7th November 2006 11:52 PM
Maxmeister [quote]pdog wrote:

I know I'm blessed, and I'm very grateful to have had so many years with my band, Our band, The worlds Greatest Rock & Roll Band!

The perfect words to express the feelings all of us share.

I don't mind admitting to being very emotional when the Stones walked off the stage in Austin. Maybe there will be an opportunity to see the Stones again. If not, it was a ride that relatively few have experienced and what a fucking ride it's been.

Rick
8th November 2006 12:16 AM
sweetcharmedlife
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
NO WAY this pic is from the Stones show.... I dont see any groups of trendy dressed model chicks in this shot

I don't see any tarps either.
8th November 2006 01:27 AM
pdog
quote:
sweetcharmedlife wrote:

I don't see any tarps either.

I was surprised... We actually were pretty lucky to get the comp'd tickets... We would've gotten in on the cheap, but this show sold very well, considering the prices and over saturation of playing so many shows in California this tour.
8th November 2006 06:39 AM
LadyJane
quote:
Maxmeister wrote:
[quote]pdog wrote:

I know I'm blessed, and I'm very grateful to have had so many years with my band, Our band, The worlds Greatest Rock & Roll Band!

The perfect words to express the feelings all of us share.

I don't mind admitting to being very emotional when the Stones walked off the stage in Austin. Maybe there will be an opportunity to see the Stones again. If not, it was a ride that relatively few have experienced and what a fucking ride it's been.

Rick

When I see this in AC.......can't even imagine the emotion. Kinda glad I'll be sitting alone.

I know I'll feel blessed.

LJ.

--Photo by Shidoobee's Monkman2
8th November 2006 11:48 AM
jaggergurl swoon....

LJ... I know how you feel ,friend... that is gonna be a tough bow...*hugs*

you aren't sitting alone, you are never alone in spirit...
8th November 2006 12:03 PM
GotToRollMe LJ, I'll be sitting alone too, but I think the place is small enough that we'll be able to spot each other - the red hair makes it easier too - so you most defnitely will not be alone!
8th November 2006 06:29 PM
monkey_man Whaddya know. . . Charlie was out antiquing in the Bay Area.

-- Mick Jagger and buddy had dinner Saturday night at Luella on Russian Hill, where the only patrons who approached him were Gavin Newsom and a date, at adjacent table. The mayor, says my spy, left the restaurant looking awestruck.

-- At the Alameda Point Antiques & Collectibles Faire (flea market, however you spell it) on Sunday, Rich Snider spotted Rolling Stone Charlie Watts admiring an Art Deco bird cage.
9th November 2006 12:18 PM
jb wide open, but not tarped.
9th November 2006 02:16 PM
SheRat
quote:
Poplar wrote:

10-4

You don't need to send me anything! Just buy me a beer the next time yer in town!
10th November 2006 01:50 AM
Poplar Holy Hell. The Oakland show was that good. The Torrent is insane.
(at least the 45 seconds of it that i've heard).

Crowd was great. Pretty damn full, and a solid representation from the 20/30 somethings. Plenty of dope being smoked. Plenty of people who looked thrilled to be there.

My review.

It had the kick. Every Stones show that really rocked my world did it by kicking my ass with that unmatched rhythm section. It's the Roll, stupid. Charlie, Daryl, and Keith. When those guys do it right, everything else is going to fall into place. Mick is so professional, so reliable, such a force of guaranteed intensity, it's almost easy to take him for granted. He's remarkable beyond words. Ronnie has been on top of his game for a bit now, most of you have seen it. When all the guys show up, they are still the best damn show in town.

JJF/IORR/LSTNT - solid. solid in a reserved, getting ready to go, feeing out the opponent kind of way. They looked fresh, and ready to go from the first second.

SWH - stepepd it up a notch. one of those great few minutes where the crowd didn't really recognize a song, yet the tune seemed to win them over. Keith really starting to deliver some fine guitar. Charlie & daryl and right there with him.

Dead Flowers - more focused guitar work, with good results.

SOL - ok by me. Keith's acoustic guitar at the end was really impressive. The guy can still play the hell out of a guitar, no doubt in my mind about that. Whether he bothers to pay attention to every chord chage over the course of a show, different story. Who cares, he still has plenty of moments.

Bitch/MR - Blistering. Get the recordings, folks. This is 20 minutes worth of music that will make you think the Stones should do two more tours, and want to tell that to jb's face. Best Stones yet. Stones above the rim. I was taking a piss during the first verse of Bitch. Standing at the urinal, it sounded like Keith was playing in the god damn stall a few feet to my left. His guitat was cutting through that concrete monstrosity of a building like a fucking knife. The guitar solos were overwhelming. People were flat out jiving in the concourse. In the midst of the gravity of that, out came the hippest Rambler I've EVER heard. Yep, the hippest. There was a Santana jam in there... or was that The Allmon Brothers? Truly fantastic few minutes of Stones.

Dice - good, but the crowd didn't seem to bite.

Keith's Set - may have been the highlight for me. We were on the 6th row, about 6 seats from the catwalk. Watching him sing that YGTS was unfrgetable. No Stones fan could ask for more than that. Connection was a ragged, garage band stab at the song. Standing there watching those guys plow through that song made me proud. There they were just playing music. No rehearsed segues and cues - just a wreckless attack on an oldie. Bravo. Watching keith slug it out with that tune is something I will never forget. Humility can be endearing.

UMT - A little wimpy but better than expected.

Imagination - Seemed a bit rushed. Don't know if that's the right song for the b stage. That said, I enjoyed the hell out of it. We were about 6 seats off the Keith side back corner. Enjoyed a spliff, and just kind watched. They seemed to get this one going about 2/3 of the way through.

SMU - the one song of the night that didn't really impresse me. I love the song, so go figure. Their grasp of that great sound i mentioned earlier seemed off for the first time all night. I couldn't really hear Keith, and the band seemed not to hear each other.

HTW - Perfesct song for the walk (past all the lovely chicks in the isles) back to the seats. Seems to be the one they can do in their sleep.

SFTD/PIB/BS/S - a solid run through the end. SFTD may be their best stadium show tune. The red start is pretty slick. I'd love ti see PIB as an opener (Vegas, please). The last two I just gave myself another little moment - stopped jiggling around and watched the band do their thing.

Perhaps the last concert I'll ever see in a football/baseball stadium, and the second best outdoor show I've ever seen the Stones play. (#1: Charlotte 97). Just when you think these guys can't impress you, they deliver the goods better than you can ever remember.

In short: The Greatest Rock & Roll band in the world.

[Edited by Poplar]
11th November 2006 09:59 AM
GotToRollMe Poplar, check PM.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)