ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In Memory of Joe Jagger
Video uploaded and provided by Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: McAfee Coliseum, Oakland, Nov. 6th-2006, Setlist-Photos and Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
7th November 2006 10:46 AM
jb
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

JB, please reconsider going to AC. I have a feeling you'll regret it if you miss this one. Besides, you shall be greeted like royalty!

Would love to, but simply impossible due to pre-trial conference I must attend. I am very disappointed that this played out this way. I don't see any other shows I can attend. Maybe London this summer!!! I wish all of you a great time, and know you all will have an awesome experience!!!
7th November 2006 10:47 AM
Jumping Jack Simply cancel the pre-trial conference with a sore throat, LOL!!!
7th November 2006 10:48 AM
Gazza Nice photos and reviews everyone. Glad to see everyone enjoyed it.

And that first photo of Keith posted above is fucking beautiful. One of the best I've seen of the entire tour. Looks Like my desktop wallpaper will be changing again....

7th November 2006 10:54 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
jb wrote:

Would love to, but simply impossible due to pre-trial conference I must attend. I am very disappointed that this played out this way. I don't see any other shows I can attend. Maybe London this summer!!! I wish all of you a great time, and know you all will have an awesome experience!!!

Aw, shit, JB. The show is on a Friday night. Try to squeeze it in there if at all possible. I shall continue to hold out hope...
7th November 2006 10:55 AM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
42k is not bad...

The Stones have been doing great walk up business this tour. Not so good if its only 30 degrees though.

Sounds like a great show and everybody had a great time. I am a bit depressed over missing this one, I always have a great time up there regardless of the show.

Still plotting and planning for L.A. As it is now, if I can't find a ride out of town Thursday I am counting on there being so many people that no one will notice if I don't show up.
7th November 2006 10:56 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Nice photos and reviews everyone. Glad to see everyone enjoyed it.

And that first photo of Keith posted above is fucking beautiful. One of the best I've seen of the entire tour. Looks Like my desktop wallpaper will be changing again....

Yeah, that one's a keeper. He looks great!
7th November 2006 11:27 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Simply cancel the pre-trial conference with a sore throat, LOL!!!

There you go! Pull a "Jagger" on 'em!
7th November 2006 11:30 AM
Saint Sway good set. 9 choice cuts!! SWH, Bitch, MR, DF, UMT, Imagination, YGS, Connection, PIB

I really want them to put Live With Me after Sympathy like they did at the Beacon shows. That song rocks solid and can hold its own in that closing run!
7th November 2006 11:31 AM
jb Keith's got a lot of hair put in-it looks good.
7th November 2006 11:47 AM
Saint Sway his hair is now suddenly blacker than his telecaster. WTF???

only Japanese men have hair that jet black. Right Soi Wong?

[Edited by Saint Sway]
7th November 2006 12:18 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
good set. 9 choice cuts!! SWH, Bitch, MR, DF, UMT, Imagination, YGS, Connection, PIB

I really want them to put Live With Me after Sympathy like they did at the Beacon shows. That song rocks solid and can hold its own in that closing run!

I kinda like it when bands put all the hits up front. It's kinda like saying "Anyone who came to hear those songs can just leave now."
7th November 2006 12:36 PM
monkey_man When the show first started I found the sound a little muddy at least on the low end. Sound did improve either 'cause of the beer or the soundman taking his earplugs out. Highlights of the show for me were Midnight Rambler. . . .they really ripped it up on this one. Just my Imagination on the B stage was a real treat. I was really hoping for Loving Cup but maybe in Vegas. Connection could you a little more work but was glad to hear it.

Poplar. . .judging from that picture it looks like we missed each other by minutes. I had to bolt over to BART to drop off some tickets to a friend that took forever to get there. We will connect in Vegas!!! Where are you staying there? I'm at the Hard Rock on Fri but may be staying at the MGM for Sat night.

PDog and SheRat. . .I'm glad to hear you guys made it down to the floor. I called you just before they went on to see if you guys could get down to our level. Our row only had 6 occupants out of 16 seats. I'm glad to hear you made it down. SheRat, great to meet you. . . come look me up if you come to another show at the Fill/ War.
7th November 2006 12:38 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Dan wrote:

I kinda like it when bands put all the hits up front. It's kinda like saying "Anyone who came to hear those songs can just leave now."

thats a genius approach. I like it. Top heavy sets!
7th November 2006 12:41 PM
monkey_man
quote:
jb wrote:
42k is not bad...

They papered the house like crazy the last few days!!
7th November 2006 12:43 PM
Dan
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

They papered the house like crazy the last few days!!

I need the story on how the free tix were obtained. I might need a similiar strategy for Dodger Stadium.
7th November 2006 12:53 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Dan wrote:

I need the story on how the free tix were obtained. I might need a similiar strategy for Dodger Stadium.

I've worked for the local promoter for a long time. I made a phone call yesterday morning and got 2. I actually went into the show with extra tickets so that we could upgrade some friends tickets.
Another friend of mine was given tickets by someone that worked for the Stones. . . this guy had a stack of tickets to give out.
If I were you, I would just hang around the parking lot at Dodger Stadium, someone will hand you a ticket if you wait long enough.
7th November 2006 01:03 PM
Poplar
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
I love that pic of She Rat, Pdog and you...is that you or Monkey Man?

She Rat, Pdog & I. one of the quickest greets in history.

Can't say enough about those two - so nice.
serious hangover today... holy hell - charlie's drumstick is sitting on my desk.

hee hee.
7th November 2006 01:54 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Poplar wrote:

She Rat, Pdog & I. one of the quickest greets in history.

Can't say enough about those two - so nice.
serious hangover today... holy hell - charlie's drumstick is sitting on my desk.

hee hee.

Was the photo pre or post show?
7th November 2006 02:22 PM
WattsAtScotts
quote:
Dan wrote:

1.Jumpin' Jack Flash
2.It's Only Rock 'N' Roll
3.Start Me Up
4.Paint It, Black
5.Brown Sugar
6.Honky Tonk Women
7.Midnight Rambler
8.Tumbling Dice
9.Satisaction-Introductions
10.You Got The Silver
11.Connection
12.Under My Thumb
13.Oh No, Not You Again
14.Get Off Of My Cloud
15.Street Fighting Man
16.Live With Me
17.She Was Hot
18.Bitch
19.Rough Justice
20.Shattered
7th November 2006 02:48 PM
nanatod
quote:
jb wrote:
Would love to, but simply impossible due to pre-trial conference I must attend.

Don't you have partners that you work with or associates that work for you that could go in your place?
Or, can you settle the case prior to the P/T conf?
7th November 2006 02:59 PM
Dan
quote:
nanatod wrote:

Don't you have partners that you work with or associates that work for you that could go in your place?
Or, can you settle the case prior to the P/T conf?

Or can you reschedule for LA instead?
7th November 2006 03:15 PM
pdog The women who grabbing at the air, freaking out near the b-stage over Mick was insane and very cool. I told She Rat, she is dropping her eggs. Even at 63 of age, Mick is still a powerful sexual creature. He brings out insanity in women. It's truly amazing to see. Even a straight guy can sense it, it's that powerful. It's pretty amazing to see his power of his audience. It's easy as a guy to forget that's one of the reasons The Stones are so great. I'm a Keith fan, but Mick is out of this world. I had to tell the women not to jump over the rail when she asked me if I thought she could get closer and down on the field... She had a look of insanity in her eyes. If she got a hold of Jagger she would've completely lost her mind. I have to remember how jaded I am. I've seen them so many times... At certain shows there's almost always a few there who remind me, what it was like to see them for the first time, or seeing someone completely overwhelmed by this bands music. And there i am, wondering why Keith is gingerly playing his guitar on some songs... There's no other band in the world that does this, to so many people.
If they ever played to a house full of just "Us"... The band would definitely meet the audience capable of returning an equal amount of energy. I hope it happens, it's still a very beautiful wish for me...
I hope everyone who gets to see the few remaining shows, also feels this way after the concert!
I know I'm blessed, and I'm very grateful to have had so many years with my band, Our band, The worlds Greatest Rock & Roll Band!
7th November 2006 03:15 PM
Poplar
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
Was the photo pre or post show?

pre show. Here's one post show:

i now have a fucking matching set of those. '94 & '06.

Hey Pdog, pm me your snail mail address, I want to send you and she rat something for the beer sips I stole.

7th November 2006 03:18 PM
Poplar
quote:
pdog wrote:
Our band, The worlds Greatest Rock & Roll Band!

My thoughts exactly this morning. The greatest.
The joy from it all is still oozing out of me.

Vegas is going to be emotional. I forsee tears.
[Edited by Poplar]
7th November 2006 03:49 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Poplar wrote:

My thoughts exactly this morning. The greatest.
The joy from it all is still oozing out of me.

Vegas is going to be emotional. I forsee tears.

I'm glad I was able to set up Vegas last minute. . .I didn't want the AC disaster to be my last taste of an indoor Stones show.
7th November 2006 03:58 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Poplar wrote:

Hey Pdog, pm me your snail mail address, I want to send you and she rat something for the beer sips I stole.

Very nice...you must have great hand-eye coordination
7th November 2006 03:59 PM
Poplar
Something tells me Vegas is gonna be one for the books.
And i still can't get over the size of eth crowd last night. Perhaps the most pleasant surprise of the night.

7th November 2006 04:11 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
pdog wrote:
The women who grabbing at the air, freaking out near the b-stage over Mick was insane and very cool. I told She Rat, she is dropping her eggs. Even at 63 of age, Mick is still a powerful sexual creature. He brings out insanity in women. It's truly amazing to see. Even a straight guy can sense it, it's that powerful. It's pretty amazing to see his power of his audience. It's easy as a guy to forget that's one of the reasons The Stones are so great. I'm a Keith fan, but Mick is out of this world. I had to tell the women not to jump over the rail when she asked me if I thought she could get closer and down on the field... She had a look of insanity in her eyes. If she got a hold of Jagger she would've completely lost her mind. I have to remember how jaded I am. I've seen them so many times... At certain shows there's almost always a few there who remind me, what it was like to see them for the first time, or seeing someone completely overwhelmed by this bands music. And there i am, wondering why Keith is gingerly playing his guitar on some songs... There's no other band in the world that does this, to so many people.
If they ever played to a house full of just "Us"... The band would definitely meet the audience capable of returning an equal amount of energy. I hope it happens, it's still a very beautiful wish for me...
I hope everyone who gets to see the few remaining shows, also feels this way after the concert!
I know I'm blessed, and I'm very grateful to have had so many years with my band, Our band, The worlds Greatest Rock & Roll Band!

I just love that. I love it!
7th November 2006 04:14 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Poplar wrote:

Nice! Damn, I never catch anything...well, not anything I'd care to post about, anyway.
7th November 2006 04:42 PM
luxury1 Poplar--that's one of the best photos all tour! You twirling the stick, post show, lights, crowd, the look on your face! It's just a great shot.

Thanks all, for posting about the show--always makes for good reading while sipping the morning coffee.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)