ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Closing the British Tour - May 27, 1976 - Earl's Court, London
© 1976, 2002 The Associated Newspapers Archive
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hi guys! Anything going on? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
November 8th, 2004 05:48 PM
not bound to please
quote:
kath wrote:
i knew a ob/gyn years ago who said he saved all the little foreskins from the babies he circ'd all those years. sewed 'em all together and made a purse, but when you petted it, it became a suitcase.....

was his name Dr.Mengele by chance?!!!

Joey - I'm drinking Killian's Irish Red right now, with a fresh avacado and red onion.

prepare for an explosion up your arse tonight...

November 8th, 2004 05:55 PM
icydanger
reminds me of fee jee

Joey's day overwear $
silence is gold Moses,

time for a bow to all the ladies here, monkeys, magics, angels, sweets gypsies, angels, janes, marthas ………gordas
woman
Or....
a swing Hammering to SS, Joey, JB, juma jacks joes rick “frenchies”, bonjour, pants make the man, all the manly, & Maxdushkin swoon hello
welcome to the world little one.

roll
November 8th, 2004 06:01 PM
Joey
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

was his name Dr.Mengele by chance?!!!

Joey - I'm drinking Killian's Irish Red right now, with a fresh avacado and red onion.

prepare for an explosion up your arse tonight...

Lamby .................You make Joey shudder .
November 8th, 2004 06:03 PM
Joey
quote:
icydanger wrote:

reminds me of fee jee

Joey's day overwear $
silence is gold Moses,

time for a bow to all the ladies here, monkeys, magics, angels, sweets gypsies, angels, janes, marthas ………gordas
woman
Or....
a swing Hammering to SS, Joey, JB, juma jacks joes rick “frenchies”, bonjour, pants make the man, all the manly, & Maxdushkin swoon hello
welcome to the world little one.

roll

Icydanger .............................

That was simply beautiful .

You are much loved by the Joey !

Joeykins ! ™
November 8th, 2004 06:09 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Joey wrote:

Icydanger .............................

That was simply beautiful .

You are much loved by the Joey !

Joeykins ! ™

I have just downed 1/4 of a red onion...I am coming to get you Joey...

Have you been to Applebee's lately? Do they still have that after 9PM half price on appetizers special?

November 8th, 2004 06:10 PM
Riffhard Holy shit! What a clusterfuck of a cyber war! Maxy when you make a splash you really make a big one! I thought your post concerning the election was the stuff of legend,but it appears to have created quite the rift between RO and Gasx3. Why,oh why does Keno constantly have to always claim to be right on every issue? I like the guy. I have no personal animosity towards him or the folks over at Gasx3,but they are so cliqueish over there. I mean shit even Josh offends them! If these guys can't figure out Josh's schtick by now they are helpless. Too serious on any number of issues over there for me.

Gasx3 was the site that we all(or most of us anyway)gravitated to after StonesWorld went bust. It would seem to me that a little less hotility towards those that you may not agree with politically, musically,or whatever is in order at Gasx3. Keno says he's a nice guy that he gets along well with everyone that really knows him in the real world. I have no doubt that that is true,yet he has a problem with Maxy's post and finds it offensive that Max used the word dirty to describe liberals. I thought that it was over the top funny and anyone that knows Max's posting style knows he is very tongue in cheek about it. So if Keno is so understanding then why not get the joke? Also,if Keno did edit the post because he felt that it might offend some then why would he refer to God as some "fake God"? Does he not feel that that might be very offensive to some? One poster over there responded to me by stating,"If you want to belive that some imaginary god farted out the whole universe that's your own problem!" That's quite a bit more offensive than saying "dirty liberal",no? Typical liberal hypocracy if you ask me,but whatever!

"Can't we all just get along?"-Rodney King

Riffhard
November 8th, 2004 06:24 PM
kath i've never been to that board, i know a couple people on it, but i'm not interested, really.

sdb and here is enough. my other haunts are now haunted....
November 9th, 2004 04:06 AM
Monkey Woman And we're happy to have you here, kath
Anyway, K deleted the whole thing again, which means that at least the anti-RO rants have vanished from the G3 board.

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
November 9th, 2004 04:16 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Holy shit! What a clusterfuck of a cyber war! Maxy when you make a splash you really make a big one! I thought your post concerning the election was the stuff of legend,but it appears to have created quite the rift between RO and Gasx3. Why,oh why does Keno constantly have to always claim to be right on every issue? I like the guy. I have no personal animosity towards him or the folks over at Gasx3,but they are so cliqueish over there. I mean shit even Josh offends them! If these guys can't figure out Josh's schtick by now they are helpless. Too serious on any number of issues over there for me.

Gasx3 was the site that we all(or most of us anyway)gravitated to after StonesWorld went bust. It would seem to me that a little less hotility towards those that you may not agree with politically, musically,or whatever is in order at Gasx3. Keno says he's a nice guy that he gets along well with everyone that really knows him in the real world. I have no doubt that that is true,yet he has a problem with Maxy's post and finds it offensive that Max used the word dirty to describe liberals. I thought that it was over the top funny and anyone that knows Max's posting style knows he is very tongue in cheek about it. So if Keno is so understanding then why not get the joke? Also,if Keno did edit the post because he felt that it might offend some then why would he refer to God as some "fake God"? Does he not feel that that might be very offensive to some? One poster over there responded to me by stating,"If you want to belive that some imaginary god farted out the whole universe that's your own problem!" That's quite a bit more offensive than saying "dirty liberal",no? Typical liberal hypocracy if you ask me,but whatever!

"Can't we all just get along?"-Rodney King

Riffhard

God Almight Fucking Christ I wish you would get a grip and quit thinking like the perpetually oppressed. You and fucking Jesse Jackson are piss cousins in my mind.

Do more bongs, Riffie. Come back to the Homeland.
November 9th, 2004 09:05 AM
Joey
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

I have just downed 1/4 of a red onion...I am coming to get you Joey...

Have you been to Applebee's lately? Do they still have that after 9PM half price on appetizers special?

Applebee's ......?!?!

APPLEBEE'S .......?!?!

Lambchop , you are talking to Joey Ewing here ( the ' Human Oil Slick ' of Rocks Off .......)

...he does NOT do The Applebee's .

Now Get over here and U- U- Uncake your Joey !

" Capital Grille for lunch today Ronnie ?!?! "

Joey Ewing ™

November 9th, 2004 10:11 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Joey wrote:

Applebee's ......?!?!

APPLEBEE'S .......?!?!

Lambchop , you are talking to Joey Ewing here ( the ' Human Oil Slick ' of Rocks Off .......)

...he does NOT do The Applebee's .

Now Get over here and U- U- Uncake your Joey !

" Capital Grille for lunch today Ronnie ?!?! "

Joey Ewing ™

Even for slumming?

When I was living in the boonies - that was goumet eatin'!

So - what are you having for lunch?

I'm having Iranian food.

November 9th, 2004 10:13 AM
not bound to please I forgot -

Joey - will you buy me the Stones tour bus?

I have plans...

November 9th, 2004 10:25 AM
Joey
" Even for slumming? "

<-------- The Joey Ewing ™ does NOT " slum " .

Never ! ....NINEA !

You tell her little fella

" When I was living in the boonies - that was goumet eatin'! "

My Heart Bleeds for ya .....................

" So - what are you having for lunch? "

Going to the Cheesecake Factory for some " Caribbean Coolers " ( Another liquid lunch my Lambykins ™ )

Won't you pour me a ' Cuban Breeze ' Lamby ?!?!?!

Developing ................................

" I'm having Iranian food. "

WTF ?!?! .............Why ?!?! ..... WHY ?!?!

" Stones Rule You Friggin Bastards ! "

The Joey Ewing ! ™ ( A new creation by The Joey )

November 9th, 2004 12:06 PM
gypsy Lamby will give you a thorough uncaking--I mean, you'll be uncaked like you've NEVER been uncaked before--if you buy us that tour bus.

please?

November 9th, 2004 12:30 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Lamby will give you a thorough uncaking--I mean, you'll be uncaked like you've NEVER been uncaked before--if you buy us that tour bus.

please?

"I Melt With You"
( Tony Santos )

" Moving forward using all my breath
Making love to you was never second best
I saw the world crashing all around your face
Never really knowing it was always mesh and lace

I'll stop the world and melt with you
You've seen the difference and it's getting better all the time
And there's nothing you and I won't do

(We should know better) Dream of better lives the kind which never hate
(We should see) Trapped in a state of imaginary grace
(We should know better) I made a pilgrimage to save this human's race
(We should see) Never comprehending a race that's long gone by

(Let's stop the world) I'll stop the world and melt with you
(Let's stop the world) You've seen the difference and it's getting better all the time
(Let's stop the world) I'll stop the world and melt with you

The Steelie's open wide

(I'll stop the world) You've seen some changes and it's getting better all the time
(I'll stop the world) I'll stop the world and melt with you

The Steelie's open wide

hmmm hmmm hmmm
hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
hmmm hmmm hmmm
hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

(I'll stop the world) You've seen the difference and it's getting better all the time
(I'll stop the world) I'll stop the world and melt with you

I'll stop the world and melt with you (I'll stop the world and melt with you)
I'll stop the world and melt with you (I'll stop the world and melt with you) .............( fade to Baby Steelie ) "

Jacky Ewing ! ™

|
|
|
|
|
V

[Edited by Joey]
November 9th, 2004 01:03 PM
gypsy Sure could use some good quality posting a la MaxLugar...
November 9th, 2004 01:45 PM
Trey Krimsin Since when did we allow the Classic New Wave on the radio?

Not that I don't mind, mind you...........
[Edited by Trey Krimsin]
November 9th, 2004 02:20 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Sure could use some good quality posting a la MaxLugar...

Ours is a secret society . Undercover of the night we are . Hug Me .

Baby Joe !
November 9th, 2004 02:48 PM
Riffhard
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

God Almight Fucking Christ I wish you would get a grip and quit thinking like the perpetually oppressed. You and fucking Jesse Jackson are piss cousins in my mind.

Do more bongs, Riffie. Come back to the Homeland.

LOL! C'mon now Moonie! I don't feel oppressed in the least! Far from it. I just think that there are certain things that get completely overlooked by Keno when it comes to his sense of what is offensive. If your a conservative he says you are a moran. If you believe in Christ(and I'm not religious) you are ignorant. The list goes on,but if you dare question him on any level that whole goddamned board comes down on you. It's kind of funny really. I'm not the one that needs to lighten up. No that would be Keno and many of his minions. Afterall this is the ultimate case of a mountain being made from a molehill.

Maxy,again,your post was great. Too bad that some seem to feel that they are perpetually oppressed and they did not get the joke! j/k Moonie!

Do more bongs!!!!! Hells yeah!

Riffhard
November 9th, 2004 02:57 PM
Joey
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

LOL! C'mon now Moonie! I don't feel oppressed in the least! Far from it. I just think that there are certain things that get completely overlooked by Keno when it comes to his sense of what is offensive. If your a conservative he says you are a moran. If you believe in Christ(and I'm not religious) you are ignorant. The list goes on,but if you dare question him on any level that whole goddamned board comes down on you. It's kind of funny really. I'm not the one that needs to lighten up. No that would be Keno and many of his minions. Afterall this is the ultimate case of a mountain being made from a molehill.

Maxy,again,your post was great. Too bad that some seem to feel that they are perpetually oppressed and they did not get the joke! j/k Moonie!

Do more bongs!!!!! Hells yeah!

Riffhard

Hello Riffy !

Look ! :

http://www.ultimatedallas.com/characters/jrquotes.htm

|
|
|
|
V
November 9th, 2004 03:05 PM
parmeda It's taken me FOREVER to sift thru all of this!

My bottom line & 2 cents...
Maxy was, is & will always be, funnier than all hell.
Keno needs to get laid...profusely...for at least 72 hours of non-stop bangin'.
November 9th, 2004 03:09 PM
gypsy I couldn't agree with you more, Parmy!
November 9th, 2004 03:11 PM
Riffhard Hey Joey! Isn't Larry Hagman in an Arafat like state these days? I know he's still alive,but he's just kind of barely hanging on right? Thought you might have the straight dope on the sitcheeaayshun? I's gots to know!

Riffhard
November 9th, 2004 05:19 PM
Joey
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Hey Joey! Isn't Larry Hagman in an Arafat like state these days? I know he's still alive,but he's just kind of barely hanging on right? Thought you might have the straight dope on the sitcheeaayshun? I's gots to know!

Riffhard

Riffy ..................................

Larry Hagman had a nasty " bad patch " last December . They had to remove the lower right lobe of his latest liver . His doctors told him that he should " hop on " the donor waiting list for another liver transplant but Larry Said , " Frig It !!! " and now boozes heavily these days .

Developing ................................

Boozing ........................to pray

Cassie !

November 9th, 2004 05:25 PM
gypsy Did you see Larry's face light up as he gave the audience a "tour" of the bar on the Dallas set?
November 9th, 2004 05:32 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Did you see Larry's face light up as he gave the audience a "tour" of the bar on the Dallas set?

Thing of beauty wasn't it ?!?! ...........Er , I'm talking about THE BAR !!!!!

J. Ewing ! ™
November 9th, 2004 05:38 PM
gypsy Didn't Larry say that he spent most of his time at "THE BAR?"
November 9th, 2004 06:32 PM
not bound to please
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Lamby will give you a thorough uncaking--I mean, you'll be uncaked like you've NEVER been uncaked before--if you buy us that tour bus.

please?

I have a waiting list of those requesting uncaking...

Joey - you have always had my undivided attention. Buy us that tour bus NOW!

Damn it!

By the way - the Persian lunch buffet rocked!

No marinated mushrooms though. Shit...I love those.

November 9th, 2004 07:04 PM
gypsy By next week, when he's so impacted that he can't stand up, the title to that tour bus will be in your hot little hands!
November 10th, 2004 08:36 AM
Sir Stonesalot The difference between good marinated mushrooms, and great marinated mushrooms, lies in keeping your marinade simple. Your marinade should let the natural flavor of the mushroom be the star of the show.

Olive Oil-extra vigin is good, but regular is fine too.

Balsamic Vinegar-not too much or you will overpower the mushroom.

Garlic-fresh is best, smashed up to a paste...but garlic powder works too. Garlic is a very complimentary taste with mushrooms, use it wisely.

Basil-must be fresh and finely chopped. Basil is a benign herb, and perfect for this type of marinade. Don't use a really strong herb like oregano, rosemary, or dill. It will overpower the mushroom.

That is it! Simple and uncomplicated. Mix it together and toss it with your mushrooms.

This is of the utmost importance. It does not matter the type of mushroom, only that they are FRESH. Don't forget to wash the mushrooms well. You can get really sick if you don't. Don't slice them up, just trim the bottom of the stem off. Whole mushrooms work better for presentation.

Another thing to remember is that the bigger the mushrooms the longer they must marinate. When I make Portabellas I marinate them overnight. Small white mushrooms only need to steep for a few hours.

Now, when I cook the mushrooms, I cook them in the marinade. How you finish them is your choice, saute, grill, roast...whatever, just use the marinade while you cook them. Don't overcook them or they get chewy. This is an easy mistake to make, especially on the grill. Nothing worse than chewy mushrooms.

Damn. Now I'm hungry.
Page: 1 2 3 4