ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Closing the British Tour - May 27, 1976 - Earl's Court, London
© 1976, 2002 The Associated Newspapers Archive
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hi guys! Anything going on? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
November 8th, 2004 07:48 AM
Monkey Woman So, SS, it wasn't a circumschism but a barbarism???
Yeah, I can see how this guy could escalate the whole thing to high moral grounds...
November 8th, 2004 08:16 AM
Sir Stonesalot Not Bound To Please only saw the part that happened on the board. She didn't see the emails that Lew sent to me. 95% of why I left was due to the emails.

Lew was(is) a fuckwit and I left Gasx3. It was just that simple, there is no more to the story. It was more than 3 years ago, can't this just go away?
November 8th, 2004 10:44 AM
nankerphelge Of course not.

It was more than merely your and Lew's issue.

That fireworks display is part of the whole Stones cybercommunity history!!

If it had been a falling out with a loved one, we might all feel your pain. But you exposed something much larger than a spat about a penile hem!!!

Wave your foreskin proudly!
November 8th, 2004 11:02 AM
not bound to please
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Of course not.

It was more than merely your and Lew's issue.

That fireworks display is part of the whole Stones cybercommunity history!!

If it had been a falling out with a loved one, we might all feel your pain. But you exposed something much larger than a spat about a penile hem!!!

Ha! That's the spirit! The whole board got into it - as I recall...

SS - I'm gonna start calling you Sir Keno Jr if you don't lighten up....!

November 8th, 2004 01:38 PM
Sir Stonesalot Do whatever you want NBTP. I don't care.

I lived through that shit and, I find zero humor in it...even 3 years on down the road. It was extremely unpleasant, and I don't enjoy reliving it. I'm glad you find humor in other people's misery though. Very suave.

I've told the truth. I'm sorry if it does not fit in with how you want the story to be.

So have at it. Spread your distortions all you wish, call me names, whatever. I'm done talking about it.
November 8th, 2004 01:39 PM
jb We(the trial lawyers of America) help protect the public from greedy corporations and negligent doctors . The recent Vioxx case is a classic example of a corporation who was allegedly aware of the danger it's product could cause, but failed to disclose this information so the public could make an informed decision as to the risks/benefits(see Phen-phen cases as well). The fact is, that without great trial lawyers like myself or John Edwards, you, the consumer would be at risk as corporations would put profit ahead of safety and doctors could maim and kill their patients without facing suits for compensatory damages. We(the trial lawyers of America) take cases on a contingency bases so that victims, who otherwise would not have access to the legal process, can play on an equal playing field with the powerful corporations and insurance defense firms who represent doctors. I trust many of you have or will need the services of a trial lawyer and we(the trial lawyers of America) are here to represent you and make sure you get your day in court. Remember, tort reform is a code word for shielding large corporations and negligent doctors from being subject to large monetary damages for their wrongdoings....God Bless.
November 8th, 2004 01:43 PM
not bound to please OY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
November 8th, 2004 01:44 PM
gypsy jb, I've taken Vioxx before. It didn't help my jaw at all. I usually just get a shot of toradol.
I wonder about the other Vioxx-type drugs that are fairly new, such as Bextra and Celebrex.
November 8th, 2004 01:49 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:
jb, I've taken Vioxx before. It didn't help my jaw at all. I usually just get a shot of toradol.
I wonder about the other Vioxx-type drugs that are fairly new, such as Bextra and Celebrex.

Bextra and Celebres are also anti-inflamatories which are helpful in the management of arthritis and other muscular diseases.
November 8th, 2004 01:49 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Amen JB. I just had a quack fuck me up bad in the ER on September 15. If the idiot had been doing his job I wouldn't be looking at a lifetime of expensive prescriptions and dr's visits. Well at least I'm not dead. yet. They count on ignorance.
November 8th, 2004 01:55 PM
jb
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Amen JB. I just had a quack fuck me up bad in the ER on September 15. If the idiot had been doing his job I wouldn't be looking at a lifetime of expensive prescriptions and dr's visits. Well at least I'm not dead. yet. They count on ignorance.

Sorry for your plight TTM...you would be shocked at the statistics of the negligence/malpractice that goes unreported in this country....most people trust their doctors/insurance carriers to do the right thing...that trust in naieve and misguided...get 2, 3 or even 4 opinions before having a procedure done...some of these doctors will have yo "cut up" when there are plenty of alternatives....Also, your health provider will often deny or delay coverage until the condition is not treatable...they treat any non-conventional approach to treating illness as "experimentational" and refuse to provide payment....HMO's have killed may a patient...With Bush back in powwr and tort reform the 'flavor of the day" I see a very bleak future for patients rights and a large increase in insurance stock..."b/c I'm oldjb, largest source of night underwear on the net"...
November 8th, 2004 02:02 PM
not bound to please
quote:
jb wrote:
..."b/c I'm oldjb, largest source of night underwear on the net"...

does that make Joey the largest source of soiled underwear on the net?

November 8th, 2004 02:25 PM
gypsy Of course, Lamby!

Back to jb...If I told you all the stories about surgeons leaving instruments in people's bodies, you guys would freak out. I have to x-ray them to find said instruments. It happens all the fucking time.
November 8th, 2004 02:27 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Of course, Lamby!

Back to jb...If I told you all the stories about surgeons leaving instruments in people's bodies, you guys would freak out. I have to x-ray them to find said instruments. It happens all the fucking time.

I wish we could sit down together and discuss these stories...I am here for you!
November 8th, 2004 02:32 PM
gypsy We could make a book of records!
November 8th, 2004 02:33 PM
Joey
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

does that make Joey the largest source of soiled underwear on the net?

Lambchop .........................................
November 8th, 2004 02:39 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Of course, Lamby!

Well let's see if we can get these this straight.
Things that you DO NOT entrust to human beings....

1. Elections
2. Operations
3. Space Travel
4. Philosophy
5. Religion
6. Fire
7. Sex

Did I miss anything?
November 8th, 2004 02:43 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:

Did I miss anything?

The Internet?
November 8th, 2004 02:49 PM
gypsy Yes. The internet. Very good, Monkey Woman!
November 8th, 2004 02:56 PM
Monkey Woman Thank you, gypsy, I try.
November 8th, 2004 02:59 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
The Internet?

Hell no. Keno runs that and he's human. At least "stones internet" and that's the only internet that counts.

HEY HEY YOU GOT ME ROCKIN' NOW!
November 8th, 2004 03:06 PM
nankerphelge Gotta go with jb on the whole tort reform issue, despite my conservative leanings!

It is precisely the fear of juries awarding outlandish punitive damages that keeps some corporations from just rolling the cost of products liability litigation into their bottom line. Cap the damages and you have removed that fear of the unknown that corporations dislike so much.

At the same time, I have a problem with the trial lawyers -- Vioxx got pulled (by its parent corporation, not the FDA) because the corporation did appreciate the safety issue. Fact is, these drug companies do a lot of great things to advance medicine, and they have to present their clinical studies to the FDA for approval before they market their drugs. They may not even realize until years down the road that there is something wrong with their drug and then WHAMMO -- everyone and their brother Bob is suing them because they had a heart attack. (Forget the fact that they haven't missed a Carnivore Special at the local steakhouse in 10 years and they smoke a carton of ciggies a day!!)

November 8th, 2004 03:09 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:

Hell no. Keno runs that and he's human.

Further proof, then.
November 8th, 2004 04:11 PM
kath
quote:

ROTFLMFAO!!!

oooo...the visual......
November 8th, 2004 04:23 PM
jb
Tonight I celebrate my love for you
It seems the natural thing to do
Tonight no one's gonna find us
We'll leave the world behind us
When I make love to you

And hope that deep inside you'll feel it too
Tonight our spirits will be climbing
To a sky lit up with diamonds
When I make love to you
Tonight

Ooh, Ooh, and that midnight sun is gonna come shining through
Tonight there'll be no distance between us
What I want most to do is to get close to you
Tonight

And soon this old world will seem brand new
Tonight we well both discover
How friends turn into lovers
When I make love to you

And that midnight sun
Is gonna come shining through
Tonight there'll be no distance between us
What I want most to do
Is to get close to you
Tonight

November 8th, 2004 04:36 PM
gypsy Another loving ballad for joey?
November 8th, 2004 04:46 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Another loving ballad for joey?

MISS SUN

" Been thinking 'bout you all night
Guess you got me in your spell
But I think that I'll be allright
Even if I don't get well....

Hey, Miss Sun,
What could I say
I tried to hold you but the moon got in the way
It won't be long before the morning has you back in my arms....

I can still remember
What you told me with your eyes
One kiss
Now it's down to this
Guess it's time you realize

Hey, Miss Sun, what could I say
It won't be long before the morning has you back in my arms
Has you back in my arms.....

Hey, Miss Sun,
What could I say
It won't be long before the morning
Has you back in my arms,
In my arms..... ooh.... ooh.... ah.... ah....ahh
Yeah..... yeah, yeah ,yeah

Hey , Miss Sun,
What could I say
I tried to hold you but the moon got in my way
It won't be long before the morning has you back in my arms....

One kiss is what I need.....
One kiss.... give it to me......
It won't be long until the morning has you......
Won't be long until the morning has you back in my arms......

One kiss....I realize
One kiss....I can see it in your eyes

Oh, it won't be long before the morning has you back in my arms.....( fade to Baby Steelie )

Jacky !
November 8th, 2004 05:04 PM
not bound to please Wave your foreskin proudly!

quote:
kath wrote:

ROTFLMFAO!!!

oooo...the visual......

or does he mean lack thereof?

Hi Joey! What did you have for lunch today? I just got back from my favorite falafel place and had a Jerusalem salad.

November 8th, 2004 05:24 PM
Joey
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

or does he mean lack thereof?

Hi Joey! What did you have for lunch today? I just got back from my favorite falafel place and had a Jerusalem salad.

Soup !

Lambchop ........................................

The real important question is what I'm having for dinner TONIGHT ! ( Please see the other thread ) .

Oh , Please be subtle .

W - W - W- W- What ?! Oh , sure ! :

" Lack of subtlety turns competitors into enemies and enemies into fanatics Ronnie ! "

Sassy Tree Ewing ! ™

|
|
|
|
|
V

[Edited by Joey]
November 8th, 2004 05:39 PM
kath i knew a ob/gyn years ago who said he saved all the little foreskins from the babies he circ'd all those years. sewed 'em all together and made a purse, but when you petted it, it became a suitcase.....
Page: 1 2 3 4