ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Pacific Bell Park, San Francisco, Friday November 8, 2002
George Nikitin/AP
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: bill wyman on o'reilly - foxnews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
10-30-02 08:56 PM
jersey16 after waiting for two days for this, bill o'reilly interviewed bill wyman on his news show in last half hour. asked about b.jones death, keith drugs, mandy, etc. not bad. tv guide shows will be repeated tonight - wed. 10/30 - at 11 p.m. on fox news channel.
10-31-02 01:26 AM
Roland Also 4AM Eastern Standard US. Guess that means interview would be after 4:30. Set those VCR's unless your still up that late (or get up that early!)
10-31-02 05:24 AM
swapwoodfortaylor It's an excellent interview. Given O'Reilly's appalling slagging off of The Stones in his first show of 2002 he was well behaved.
10-31-02 06:50 AM
Mother baby No transcript on Fox website????? I couldn't find it anyway???????????
10-31-02 07:21 AM
Maxlugar My two favorite Bill's together at last!

And I missed it.

What is wrong with me lately?

Maybe I should unplug my PS2.
10-31-02 07:40 AM
Nellcote Frankly, Bill the elder put Bill the younger quite in his place. O'Reilly needs to get out more often. He is great going after the INS, matters such as this, however, he came across as holding Keith Richards responsible for drug use in the US. If he really wanted to be objective, he would would noted Keith won the battle with drugs, moved on in his life. Bill W. claimed he never used drugs, although took some grief from other band members about it. Bill O tried to make out Brian as another druggie, having some in his system the night he died. Bill W shot back to say Brian's problems was more of mixing booze, and drugs, (insert Little T & A here) which O had no response. Bill W came across as charming as usual. O'Reilly needs to get his Irish butt out in the light, as the world is not the 60's Bahston neighboorhood he grew up in.
10-31-02 07:45 AM
nankerphelge I see at IORR that now Bill has said the if asked, he would join the Stones on stage -- but only in England! Pretty soon it'll be "if asked, only in UK, only in Earls Court, only for JJF, only if they admit I wrote it, only if the moon is full..." C'mon Bill -- is that hairpiece a bit too snug?

And I saw that piece he was wearing on O'Reilly last nite -- JEEEEzus, with his money he could have done better than that squirrel.
10-31-02 07:53 AM
Pants Make the Man Great review, Nellcotte. Bill also said that they were all still great friend's and that they occassionally have jam session's together. I believe him.
10-31-02 07:57 AM
Nellcote Yeah, I noticed he mentioned he visits with all of them, except Keith, because he lives in CT. Made it sound like Bill's limo could not enter that state. Did he mention the
Rhythym Kings at all?
10-31-02 08:12 AM
Pants Make the Man No, as a matter of fact, he didn't, Nellcotte.
10-31-02 08:47 AM
Maxlugar Bill O'Reilly grew up on Long Island.

Like most geniuses.
10-31-02 08:54 AM
Nellcote Yes, you are correct, Sir!

Bring in Liza Minelli and whip me with the Black & Blue type prod!
10-31-02 09:23 AM
quackenbush I thought Wymann looked a lot like Harry Potter on last night's broadcast.
10-31-02 09:43 AM
jb That was a boring interview..also,get the impression Keith depises Bill and vice-versa....Bill is wearing an awful hairpiece....O'Reiley again lost all credibility when he claims Democrats want illegal aliens to come in for the vote...I don't think too many illegal aliens are lining to register...fair and balanced my ass!!!
[Edited by jb]
10-31-02 10:02 AM
Pants Make the Man Almost forgot- Bill said he is the godfather of Ronnie's oldest son.
10-31-02 10:37 AM
parmeda It was a very good segment for O'Reilly's show. The man is usually a viper to most of his guests...however, last night it was obvious that his bat wasn't big enough for Mr. Wyman's ballpark.

Am I safe to say that most of us have 'the book' at this point in the game? I can't wait to start the page flipping marathon on mine this weekend.
10-31-02 10:38 AM
jb How much did you pay? I went to the "Books a million" yesterday and they wanted 50.00...I think Max said he only paid 35.00...
10-31-02 10:46 AM
parmeda I received mine as a gift, JB.

Sorry, I don't know what was spent.
10-31-02 10:54 AM
Maxlugar $35 bucks on amazon, Josh.
10-31-02 10:59 AM
jb I basically perused through the entire book..seemed more like "A life on the road" than "Stone Alone"...I would have preferred a serious read versus more pictures we have seen a 1k times..but for 35.00 bucks, just add to the collection..Remeber when that 20th anniversay book came out in 82....also, the complete Lyric book up to Tatto You...I love the cover of the 81 program withMick and Keith , hands on shoulders, from 78 tour.
10-31-02 11:03 AM
Sir Stonesalot I think this is the perfect Xmas gift for Santa Claus to bring to me.

I already got my baby, so Santa doesn't have to bring her back to me.
10-31-02 11:05 AM
sirmoonie Hey Josh, does Bob Dylan have a Jewfro? I'm still trying to figure that one out.
10-31-02 12:54 PM
Maxlugar Dylan is a born again Christian so technically, no.

He's got a Christ-Fro!

Unless he went back to Judaism.......

Damn, this IS hard!
10-31-02 01:16 PM
jb He returned to the 'tribe"..thus a Jew-Fro...
10-31-02 01:59 PM
sasca We don't get foxnews in Cape Town. Is O'Reilly that ghastly, smug Republican who talks over his guests?
10-31-02 02:19 PM
parmeda sasca...
If you ever get the chance, read "THE O'REILLY FACTOR: The Good, The Bad and The Completely Ridiculous In American Life".

I thought it was entertaining, to say the least.
10-31-02 03:14 PM
gypsy $35 at half.com for brand-new book!
10-31-02 04:28 PM
2000 Man
quote:
sasca wrote:
We don't get foxnews in Cape Town. Is O'Reilly that ghastly, smug Republican who talks over his guests?

He claims to be an independent, but he had to change his voting status when the Press called him on it. Seems he really WAS a lifelong 'publican draft dodger type. Bill is pretty full of shit, he'll say anything for money. Hell, he did it on Inside Edition, why would he stop now?
10-31-02 04:29 PM
jb You are a courageous poster 2000 man, and I like that!!!!
10-31-02 06:45 PM
Mother baby
quote:
2000 Man wrote:
Bill is pretty full of shit, he'll say anything for money.

Well, I don't know about that. He trys too hard maybe. The press don't know how ask the "right" questions anymore...the ill named "hard ball" for example. I've got nothing more to say about tv news except that there's a great book out there called "Propaganda" by Jacques Ellul, one good read of that shit and one doesn't watch the tv news in quite the same way.

That's what I like about the web...anarchy and raw free speech...the primal soup of creation, at least for the time being.

[Edited by Mother baby]
[Edited by Mother baby]
Page: 1 2 3