ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Beacon Theatre, NYC - 29th October 2006
© Beast
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Zilker Park, Austin, TX, 22nd, October 2006-Setlist, Pix and Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
23rd October 2006 01:27 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Only because it was being filmed I would bet

True...more to cut.
23rd October 2006 01:27 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Only because it was being filmed I would bet

Jeez, no my friend, they wouldn't do that....
23rd October 2006 01:40 PM
marko Well,this is the set list i would like see more often.
Just take Out of control back,and she was hot.Couple of
warhorses in the end.All we need.
23rd October 2006 02:53 PM
glencar
quote:
Poplar wrote:

no, it wasn't. It was for the folks that were there - lucky for them.

OH SNAP!
23rd October 2006 02:54 PM
jb This was a very average set-list....YGMR ruined the whole show imo.
23rd October 2006 03:01 PM
glencar Nah, I hate the song too but it'sover fast & then the good stuff happens. I hated when that was on B stage.
23rd October 2006 03:17 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Nah, I hate the song too but it'sover fast & then the good stuff happens. I hated when that was on B stage.

It is a real buzz-kill....also, this is the final tour as they are doing a lot of stupid things.
23rd October 2006 03:21 PM
Saint Sway The Tour's a bust.

its time to Tarp it and move on.
23rd October 2006 03:22 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
The Tour's a bust.

its time to Tarp it and move on.

It will be over very soon...and I can look back and say I have no regrets...I enjoyed it, but also was embarrassed a lot this tour.
23rd October 2006 04:00 PM
gimmekeef Well just when I promised myself I wasnt buying the standard tour dvd......They do this!....Man sounds like a party we all shoulad been at....Thanks for the reviews Charlotte et al......
23rd October 2006 04:14 PM
Saint Sway any overhead crowd shots?
23rd October 2006 04:19 PM
Poplar
quote:
jb wrote:
This was a very average set-list....YGMR ruined the whole show imo.

23rd October 2006 04:23 PM
pdog My baby's momma went to this show, she called me to tell me she was there yesterday. Her first Stones gig. She was bragging to her friends about how much i knew about the band, she's sweet for an Ex.
I'll call her, or even try to get her to post her reactions. I'm very curious what she has to say.
23rd October 2006 05:30 PM
Bloozehound Some of you pussies bitch too much

Folks I'm glad to report it was a great concert, especially for the hardcore Stones fans

Where to start...

Me and the wife left town for a few days and we got back into Austin around 2 am Sunday morning, as we were driving home heading up north mopac we passed Zilker and could see the stage was all set up and there was a video running of a previous Stones concert on the jumbo-tron. Pretty damn surreal to come driving through Austin late at night like that and come across a huge Mick Jagger prancing around on a jumbotron in the middle of Zilker park. It was too cool, it was good karma forshadowing the utter coolness to come.

Now I'm not even going to go on about how well the band sounded, the awesomeness of the stage, the pyrotechnics, the videos, the jumbotron ect ect...you've all seen it

What I will tell you is how jazzed I am over the songs the Stones played for us. I mean they supplied us a cornucopia of badass, rock'n roll'n hits, rarities, personal favs and world premiers -- She's So Cold, Bitch, Sway, Dice, Keith doing some Buddy Holly and T&A, Off My Cloud, the always great SFTD...they just kept a coming, very exciting, but the true highlight of the evening for me(and judging by the huge applause it got I'd say the rest of Austin too) had to be watching Mick strap on the accoustic, say something like "We're going to do a country song now, first time we've ever played it live and it'll probably be the last" and then bust into Waylon Jennings "Bob Wills is Still the King", that totally caught me by surprise.

Besides Keith and Mick, Waylon and Willie are two of my other big musical idols and this was a fitting tribute to Austin, tx A great song about a texas music legend, a great town and 2 great other country music icons (Waylon and Willie) all done by the worlds greatest rock n roll band, well mainly Mick, he seemed to really be the one carrying it IMO. I wouldn't say that Waylons legacy is in any danger, they do say it's the thought that counts, and I give them a big "A+" for the effort

Just hearing them play those few songs I listed more than made the night for me, the rest was gravy. I was a bit skeptical going in there about what kind of show we were going to get regarding the sound, setlists, Keiths playing ect...but it was fantastic. Off the chain! I can't imagine anyone not enjoying that show. It was pretty much perfect.

Maybe not a "sellout" crowd, but it was a nice crowd of 42,000 peeps, it was a Sunday, it was cold, the Stones came on a bit late, and maybe it was just me, I was way in the back, so it was hard to tell what was happening up close to the stage, but it appeared the crowd was a bit stifled at first, but after a few songs everyone seemed to get into it and all was good

Concert of the year as far as I'm concerned, I had a great time, if you missed it, then you missed IT!

Can't wait for the DVD

[Edited by Bloozehound]
[Edited by Bloozehound]
23rd October 2006 06:22 PM
gimmekeef Thanks Bloozehound....always amazes me how many reviews are dropped on us by whiners who were thousands of miles away from the actual event......
23rd October 2006 06:57 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
Some of you pussies bitch too much

Thanks for the review, Bloozehound

Love your opening statement!!
23rd October 2006 08:46 PM
Bitch A good review Bloozehound! That show was unique.
23rd October 2006 09:53 PM
texile great show.....
my and my friends saw lizzie and james,
we were standing right by the sound crew gate and they kept going back and forth in out - literally brushing past us..lol
that may be the closest i ever get to jagger.

the sound was great, everything was great but WHY sol?
that song killed the momentum...
blooze, i could'nt sit so, half-way through the song i checked my phone messages.....
it was too painful to sit through.
it stops the show DEAD and not in a good way like angie, you can just feel the audience' disiniterest and amusement....'oh, that's one of the new ones, it sucks...'
painful.
i enjoyed the bump more than i expected but my lonely boys kicked ass....
now, that's real texas music, not austin music.
23rd October 2006 09:57 PM
texile
quote:
Gazza wrote:
21-song setlist (including 'Satisfaction')

What the hell are they going to do next? 'San Francisco (Flowers in Your Hair)' for Oakland? 'LA Woman' for Dodger Stadium? 'Blue Hawaii' for Honolulu? A Bryan Adams song for Vancouver?

[Edited by Gazza]

that's funny....and i get your point,
but gazza, the stones were paying homage to thier own country roots and influences - it made perfect sense.
we ain't san francisco or vancouver - we've got something we actually CALL texas music and its the real thing.
23rd October 2006 11:51 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
texile wrote:

the sound was great, everything was great but WHY sol?
that song killed the momentum...
blooze, i could'nt sit so, half-way through the song i checked my phone messages.....
it was too painful to sit through.
it stops the show DEAD and not in a good way like angie, you can just feel the audience' disiniterest and amusement....'oh, that's one of the new ones, it sucks...'
painful.

I know, it totally killed the momentum

It's the only thing I disliked about the show

I did manage to check the horse at the skido cans, buy 2 new beers, pick up a couple t-shirts and make it back to our "spot" before the next song started when they played SOL, so I have to give it some credit

[Edited by Bloozehound]
23rd October 2006 11:54 PM
Poplar
Bloozie - great review. Start to finish, it was a good read.
Glad you enjoyed it. These days are all about enjoying IT, ya know?
24th October 2006 12:29 AM
Bloozehound Hey popster

Absolutely

Everything was damn near perfect, nice outdoor venue, nice evening, the crispy fall "jacket" weather was here, the band sounded pretty damn good, they made very few mistakes, they played some great tunes, there were even a few cool surprises thrown into the mix

What's not to enjoy, they put on a hell of a show. I can't complain, it was worth every penny

Mick said they were "Austin virgins" and we busted their cherries, I just hope they stop by again next time for some sloppy seconds ~ha!
24th October 2006 07:47 AM
charlotte this was my 4th outdoor show of the 05-06 tour and by far the best...and the others were pretty damn good (Giants,UVa,Durham)
24th October 2006 10:02 AM
Gazza
quote:
texile wrote:

that's funny....and i get your point,
but gazza, the stones were paying homage to thier own country roots and influences - it made perfect sense.
we ain't san francisco or vancouver - we've got something we actually CALL texas music and its the real thing.

Oh I know. I'm just being facetious. I think its great that they did this, especially as I've always been a Buddy Holly fan
24th October 2006 10:31 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
charlotte wrote:
this was my 4th outdoor show of the 05-06 tour and by far the best...and the others were pretty damn good (Giants,UVa,Durham)

Better than Giants? Damn, it MUST have been good! Thanks for the reviews Bloozehound and everyone else. I'm really glad you guys got a stellar show.

24th October 2006 10:34 AM
jb
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Better than Giants? Damn, it MUST have been good! Thanks for the reviews Bloozehound and everyone else. I'm really glad you guys got a stellar show.

The fact they played 2 covers , when they have so many of there own songs we yearn to hear, is very disappointing. I will say they beat "Nighttime" .
24th October 2006 11:44 AM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:

The fact they played 2 covers , when they have so many of there own songs we yearn to hear, is very disappointing. I will say they beat "Nighttime" .

Postin above the rim.
24th October 2006 02:08 PM
charlotte
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

that was 05 Giants-excellent show no doubt, had VIP seats next to Keith...birthday(and by the way, I think Gazza is a few years older) surprise by my sister who is a co-producer of TODAY,so it was surreal...take nothing away from that experience for sure
24th October 2006 03:00 PM
Poplar
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Postin above the rim.

Some Guy, you're disturbing me. Why must you pander to this man? A country cover, and Keith changes up his setlist (again)with a Buddy Holly tune. How on Earth is this grounds for bitching?
24th October 2006 03:03 PM
jb
quote:
Poplar wrote:

Some Guy, you're disturbing me. Why must you pander to this man? A country cover, and Keith changes up his setlist (again)with a Buddy Holly tune. How on Earth is this grounds for bitching?

"pander to this man"...funny!!!!! You got an O.K. show-nothing that special imo...ponder that.
[Edited by jb]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)