ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Beacon Theatre, NYC - 29th October 2006
© Beast
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Qwest Field, Seattle, WA - 17th October 2006 -Setlist, pix and reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
17th October 2006 10:59 PM
monkey_man 1. JJF
2. IORR
3. Let's Spend the Night Together
4. SHE'S WAS HOT
5. Let It Bleed w/Dave Matthews (hmmmmmmm grrrrr)
6. Streets of Love
7. Midnight Rambler
8. Tumbling Dice

9. You Got The Silver
10. Little T & A

11. Under My Thumb (to b-stage)
12. ONNYA
13. Start Me Up
14. Honky Tonk Woman (from b-stage)

15. SFD
16. Paint It Black
17. Brown Sugar
18. YCAGWYW
19. Satisfaction

http://www.qwestfield.com

Thank you Shidoobee for the setlist feed!
[Edited by monkey_man]
[Edited by Gazza]
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
17th October 2006 11:07 PM
PartyDoll MEG Glad you guys finally got it together. Sorry I can't stay up with ya..5:30AM comes way too quick.

I'll be sure to check first thing in the morning though

Night monkey-man!! Go back to your drinking Voodoo!!!

Go Tigers!!!

17th October 2006 11:21 PM
monkey_man The word is that Dave Matthews has lulled the crowd into a deep sleep and has left the stage. They have less than 30 minutes to wake up and rock!!!
17th October 2006 11:28 PM
Poplar

Poplar's here... ready to rock.
17th October 2006 11:49 PM
monkey_man Any minute we should be going here! Freaking Mutts showed up tonight. . .
17th October 2006 11:51 PM
Poplar
Freaking Mutts?
17th October 2006 11:55 PM
monkey_man The Mets lost. . .I'm angry and sad! Sorry I'm mixing topics on the same thread!
[Edited by monkey_man]
17th October 2006 11:57 PM
Poplar
Mutts, ha! I'm a mets fan too, ever since 86. Glavine let us down tonight.
17th October 2006 11:58 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Da west is da best
17th October 2006 11:59 PM
Poplar
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Da west is da best

hell yeah, Voodoo. nice to have you out here with us.

JJF? shit. come on guys, what happened to PIB?
17th October 2006 11:59 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Fuck I smell a guest tonite... Dave is dat u?
18th October 2006 12:02 AM
Poplar
JJF, IORR ... wtf? come on boys, better have a serious trick up your sleve tonight after that 1-2 punch.
18th October 2006 12:03 AM
_Boomy_ For our sake, I hope the stadium is full. We don't need to see any tarpage!
18th October 2006 12:05 AM
monkey_man
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
For our sake, I hope the stadium is full. We don't need to see any tarpage!

What else will JB have to bitch about tomorrow if there isn't any tarpage????
18th October 2006 12:10 AM
Poplar
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

He'll lament the jobs that could be lost due to a dramatic, unexpected decline in tarp sales in the Pacific Northwest over the past 36 hours.
18th October 2006 12:11 AM
_Boomy_
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

I can think of a lot!
18th October 2006 12:14 AM
Poplar
ahh .. seattle scores a few points.
18th October 2006 12:15 AM
_Boomy_ If you were in mah shoes......you would be excused!
18th October 2006 12:19 AM
Poplar
Dave Matthews is many things. Among them, he's not Justin Timberlake ... nor did he sing Miss You.
18th October 2006 12:22 AM
monkey_man
quote:
Poplar wrote:

Dave Matthews is many things. Among them, he's not Justin Timberlake ... nor did he sing Miss You.

He's just vanilla in the middle.
18th October 2006 01:00 AM
_Boomy_
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

He's just vanilla in the middle.

He is not worthy of being the swirl. Vanilla only!

18th October 2006 01:04 AM
Poplar
swirlie. Dave is cool. saw him in September.
18th October 2006 01:10 AM
pdog I can't get pasts Dave Matthews voice to know if the music is any good!
18th October 2006 01:57 AM
monkey_man Hey look I popped my 1000 cherry!
18th October 2006 02:07 AM
Poplar
way to bust that cherry - WIDE OPEN!!!
18th October 2006 02:57 AM
Route66 Hello. Newbie here. Found the board and joined after travelling from Indy up to Chicago for the show there. I hear Keith was all over the place 2night. I'm glad he's fine, but a little depressed that the weather in Chi screwed us out of getting to see him at 100% in what may have been the last time I'll ever be able to afford to see them live.
18th October 2006 04:21 AM
Jeep Photos Seattle Post Intelligencer :

18th October 2006 04:29 AM
Jeep Seattle Post Intelligencer :

Stones fans get explosive Bigger Bang for the buck
By GENE STOUT
P-I POP MUSIC CRITIC
Wednesday, October 18, 2006

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/pop/289099_stones18q.html

It had been nearly 10 years since the Rolling Stones last played a Seattle stadium, making Tuesday night's show at Qwest Field a special event for fans of the British rock supergroup.

Indeed, the concert was a milestone. It was the 10th show the group has played in the Seattle area since 1965.

An outdoor concert in October is likely to be wet and windy, but the marathon performance featuring the Stones and the Dave Matthews Band was mercifully rain-free. In fact, it was a beautiful fall evening.

True to its name, the "Bigger Bang" tour opened its latest date with a volley of fireworks and an explosive video that depicted everything from cars to bananas flying through the air.

The huge show featured a 300-ton, 20,400-square-foot stage. The 2,450-square-foot "video wall" stood nearly seven stories high. Flanking it were two multilevel structures resembling neon-illuminated hotels on the Las Vegas strip. Fans paid $500 a person for the standing-only boxes overlooking the sprawling stage.

Though the same tour played KeyArena less than a year ago, the Stones managed to fill about two-thirds of the stadium with concertgoers of all ages. On the main field, many of the tickets sold for $350 each. For a group of teens sitting in row 17, it was a $2,100 experience, not counting the service charges added to each ticket.

The Stones opened with "Jumpin' Jack Flash," kicking off a two-hour-plus extravaganza that featured more than a dozen classics and a handful of newer songs from the 2005 "A Bigger Bang" album.

The 63-year-old Mick Jagger, wearing a maroon shirt, sparkly maroon jacket and black slacks, whirled about the huge stage. Without looking too closely at the lines in his face, it was easy to imagine him as a 20something rocker with limitless energy. With Jagger at the helm, the Stones could still be playing high-energy shows a decade from now.

The first half hour of the show included such songs as "It's Only Rock 'n' Roll," "Let's Spend the Night Together," "She Was Hot" and "Let It Bleed," featuring Jagger on acoustic guitar, Ronnie Wood on bottleneck guitar and Dave Matthews in a surprise vocal duet with Jagger.

As always, guitarist Keith Richards (sans his trademark scarf) was impressive to watch, playing his guitar parts with dazzling skill. Filling out the core group was super-talented drummer Charlie Watts.

The show continued with "Streets of Love," a spotlight song for Jagger, and "Midnight Rambler," a raw and dirty blues-rocker that featured Jagger on harmonica.

Backing the group were a trio of vocalists, among them singer-guitarist Blondie Chaplin and singer Lisa Fischer; and a horn section featuring saxophonists Bobby Keys and Tim Ries. Also featured were bassist Darryl Jones and keyboardist Chuck Leavell..

During "Tumblin' Dice," Jagger skipped down the long, extended stage that divided the main field nearly in half. Richards sang the vocals on "You've Got the Silver" and "Little T&A."

The group then boarded a tram, which rolled down the extended stage, for "Under My Thumb," "Oh, No, Not You Again," "Start Me Up" and "Honky Tonk Woman" (featuring the band's lascivious, 30-foot-high lips on the main stage).

The remainder of the show included "Sympathy for the Devil," "Paint It Black" and "Brown Sugar." The Stones took a bow about 10:40, returning for an encore of "You Can't Always Get What You Want" and "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction," featuring fireworks and huge streamers from the top of the stage.

The Dave Matthews Band, who broke their own attendance record at The Gorge with three shows in September, played a soulful, energetic opening set. Having a headliner as the opening act surely increased attendance. But for Matthews, a part-time Seattle resident, it was a special honor sharing a stage with the Stones on his home turf.

Among the surprises in a set that included a number of DMB staples was the Buffalo Springfield classic "For What It's Worth" which spurred an audience singalong.
18th October 2006 05:00 AM
Gazza Thanks monkey_man for the updates
great pix Jeep
welcome Route66

Keith looks somewhat animated and a bit more lively!
[Edited by Gazza]
18th October 2006 05:58 AM
lotsajizz yes...Keith never displayed that much emotion in Chicago

Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)