ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Beacon Theatre, NYC - 29th October 2006
© Beast
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Qwest Field, Seattle, WA - 17th October 2006 -Setlist, pix and reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
18th October 2006 12:34 PM
monkey_man Damn Keith looks great in these photos. . .full of life!!
18th October 2006 12:37 PM
monkey_man
quote:
glencar wrote:
Hey, if they don't lose now they'll lose next week anyway!

I'm going to have to agree with you here. Detroit looks phenomenal. The Mets have been limping along for the last month with glimpses of strength.
18th October 2006 12:45 PM
Jumping Jack Chicago can suck the life out of anyone, LOL!
18th October 2006 12:59 PM
jb Only 2/3rd's filled!!! Wow-another disappointing turn out.
18th October 2006 01:36 PM
Dan I think I would rather see Justin Timberlake on Miss You than Dave Matthews on anything. I can't be the only one who feels that way, apparently Some Guy has his new CD and says its pretty good.
18th October 2006 04:51 PM
luxury1 I read somewhere that before his set, Keith said something about "having brain damage". Word has reached him of the fans' concerns....
18th October 2006 05:00 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Dan wrote:
I think I would rather see Justin Timberlake on Miss You than Dave Matthews on anything. I can't be the only one who feels that way, apparently Some Guy has his new CD and says its pretty good.

It's my wifes, it was in her vehicles cd player and yeah it was hot.
18th October 2006 05:01 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
I read somewhere that before his set, Keith said something about "having brain damage". Word has reached him of the fans' concerns....

Uh-oh. The Wrath of Richards is upon us! Duck and cover, kids!

18th October 2006 05:03 PM
Altamont It was a fuckin good show. The sound varied from very clear and good to a muddled wall of noise sometimes though. Weather was excellent considering the time and place. Keith was in a great mood and really seemed to be having a good time, which was very cool considering recent reports. Ronnie even decided to play guitar! He really seemed to be focused and he played quite well.

Mick said something like "Thanks to Dave Mathews for opening! He's probably at home now drinking Starbucks hot chocolate." Then they started Let It Bleed, and after playing it for a little while I see someone creeping up behind Mick, making weird faces and choking himself (? don't ask me) or something, Then I realize who it is and I have been trying to block the image from my mind ever since.

Keith did Silver, which I really liked with some nice slide from Ronnie. Keith sang his heart out. After that Keith asked "What's next? How would I know? I have brain damage!" T&A was a nightmare but I'm glad he played it.

Here's some pics I took, they aren't that great because I was fucking around with the camera settings, shutter speed and flash settings but I really had no idea what I was doing

18th October 2006 05:06 PM
Gazza
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
I read somewhere that before his set, Keith said something about "having brain damage". Word has reached him of the fans' concerns....

if it had done, wouldnt he have mentioned the "S" word instead?

Nice post and pix, Altamont - many thanks
18th October 2006 05:11 PM
Altamont
quote:
Gazza wrote:

if it had done, wouldnt he have mentioned the "S" word instead?

Nice post and pix, Altamont - many thanks

Hey Gazza, I would have happily texted or calle d in the set, but I think I'm the only person left on the planet that doesn't own a cell phone! Hate the things and refuse to buy one.
18th October 2006 05:11 PM
Dan
quote:
Altamont wrote:

Hey Gazza, I would have happily texted or calle d in the set, but I think I'm the only person left on the planet that doesn't own a cell phone! Hate the things and refuse to buy one.

Not the only person. I still don't have and don't anticipate it anytime soon.

Thanks for the pics and the report!
18th October 2006 05:27 PM
GotToRollMe Thanks for the review, Altamont, and you got some nice pics there!
It's nice to see Keith sans bandana and/or hat, too! Wish he'd go au natural more often!

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
18th October 2006 05:42 PM
PartyDoll MEG Thanks for your review, Altamont!!

Glad you enjoyed the show.

And your photos are 130% better than the whole roll my friend took of peoples heads!
18th October 2006 05:47 PM
Gazza
quote:
Altamont wrote:

No worries. Its not THAT important anyway. I always say that everyone's priority should be to enjoy the show.

[Edited by Gazza]
18th October 2006 06:03 PM
Altamont In the hours before the show started I was actually getting depressed about it. Pretty much the main reason I go to a Stones show is to see Keith, and from all the stuff posted about him at Chicago, I thought it would be painful to watch. But it wasn't at all. I know it's been mentioned on other boards but it really did seem like Keith went onstage with something to prove. One minute he would look completely intense and posessed, then the next he was smiling and laughing like he was having the time of his life. The pics posted from the Seattle News kinda show that!

here's a couple more I took

18th October 2006 06:07 PM
Gazza Thanks

Not sure if its been posted elsewhere but Drake called in for the ListenLive phone offer and recorded "She was Hot" on his phone. he was able to do a bit of work to make it listenable - considering the source is over a telephone, its not bad :

http://65.75.190.240/~alphonzo/shewashot.mp3
18th October 2006 07:51 PM
robpop
quote:
luxury1 wrote:

Word is that Keith went to India during the time off to have a complete brain transfusion.
18th October 2006 08:00 PM
Route66 Thanks, it's good to be here. As Keith would say "It's good to be anywhere!"

The Seattle show looks like it was terrific. I hope somehow I'll get to see the boys again. My new girlfriend became a fan over the summer through listening to all of the Stones' cds (ALL THE TIME, as she would say!). I took her to Chicago to see them, and it just happened to fall on her birthday. She said it was the best b'day present she's ever gotten, and she's been singing RS songs ever since! I'm glad Keith is ok, but we thought all along it was just the awful cold.

And, on a side note, GO TIGERS! Tigers fan since '84.
18th October 2006 08:39 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Route66 wrote:
Thanks, it's good to be here. As Keith would say "It's good to be anywhere!"

The Seattle show looks like it was terrific. I hope somehow I'll get to see the boys again. My new girlfriend became a fan over the summer through listening to all of the Stones' cds (ALL THE TIME, as she would say!). I took her to Chicago to see them, and it just happened to fall on her birthday. She said it was the best b'day present she's ever gotten, and she's been singing RS songs ever since! I'm glad Keith is ok, but we thought all along it was just the awful cold.

And, on a side note, GO TIGERS! Tigers fan since '84.

Welcome Route 66....Especially to a Tigers fan!!!!
Yes.......... Go Tigers!!!
18th October 2006 08:42 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
robpop wrote:

Word is that Keith went to India during the time off to have a complete brain transfusion.

That's rediculous. Stop spreading rumours guys!He just went to the stroke rehab clinic in Chicago for a few days, that's all.
18th October 2006 09:43 PM
Soldatti Awesome intro on She Was Hot, the song rocks live.
18th October 2006 10:07 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I am saddened to see that my Seattle Tarp thread was deleted

I did it because it was spoiled and we had three threads on the same subject

quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Excellent choice for todays header pick!! Thanks Jaxx!

I agree!!
18th October 2006 10:41 PM
robpop
quote:
Gazza wrote:

This photo is proof that he went to India for a brain transfusion. Look at the bandage on his head!!! What more do you want?

[Edited by robpop]
19th October 2006 01:39 AM
Altamont
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Good holy fuck!!!

Its as if he's snarling in defiance and spitting out the old Mark Twain quote of "rumours of my demise have been greatly exaggerated"

Do these photos warm your heart or what?

That "rumours of my demise.." quote is perfect with that photo Gazza. Has header pic potential!
19th October 2006 01:45 AM
MikeyC613 Keith looks like he'd cut the throat of anyone who said he's fading away...
19th October 2006 02:42 AM
robpop
quote:
MikeyC613 wrote:
Keith looks like he'd cut the throat of anyone who said he's fading away...

Just in from Seattle...

Sorry guys, the man in the picture is not Keith, but a pissed off Blondie Chapin. Keith was sleeping in a small tent by the Rattlesnake Inn. He awoke during YCAGWYA laughing, and confused. After the concert he was shouting obscenties at Ronnie. Mick and Charlie had tears in their eyes. He was later flown to CT. Later. Blondie was heard repeating "It's good to be hear, its good to be anywhere," while working on his drunken British accent.
19th October 2006 10:24 AM
marko I think keith needs kick in the ass,from US.To get his act
together?
19th October 2006 11:30 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
I did it because it was spoiled and we had three threads on the same subject

Voodoo, tell me it wasnt you!

I just assumed it was the evil work of Gazza. But Voodoo, you're my boy! Why?? WHY??? WHY????????????????

Voodoo,
You owe me.....

Please post the "tent" photo.
19th October 2006 03:31 PM
glencar
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Thanks for your review, Altamont!!

Glad you enjoyed the show.

And your photos are 130% better than the whole roll my friend took of peoples heads!

Oh no!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)