ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ - 27th October 2006
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Will GOP have a cow over Simpsons episode? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
24th October 2006 02:45 PM
Ten Thousand Motels WILL GOP HAVE A COW OVER SIMPSONS EPISODE?

An episode of Fox's The Simpsons scheduled to air two days before next month's midterm elections has stirred up a political flap. As reported by the online Radar magazine, the episode, titled "The Day the Earth Was Stupid," a spoof of The War of the Worlds, shows an invasion of the Simpsons' home town of Springfield, a prelude to an occupation of the entire planet. "Well, the Earthlings continue to resent our presence," one of the aliens says. "You said we'd be greeted as liberators!" The other replies, "We still have the people's hearts and minds." At which point, he holds up a heart and brain. Al Jean, the show's executive producer, told Radar that Fox raised no objection to the episode. Although Rupert Murdoch, the network's owner, is regarded as a conservative and a supporter of America's policies in Iraq -- his News Corp also owns the conservative-leaning Fox News Network -- he has maintained a hands-off policy towards The Simpsons, arguably the most profitable program the network has ever aired. "I'd like to take credit for being adventuresome," said Jean, "but I think we're expressing a viewpoint 69 percent of the country agrees with."
24th October 2006 02:54 PM
jb ON MOST OF THE RIGHT WING WEB SITES TODAY, THEY PREDICT A NARROW REPUBLIXCAN VICTORY IN VOTH HOUSES AND A DEMORALIZING DEFEAT YET AGAIN FOR THE DEMS. THEY SAY THEIR BASE IS REVED UP NOW, AND I FEAR THEY ARE CORRECT. WE WILL LOSE YET AGAIN!!!!
24th October 2006 02:55 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
ON MOST OF THE RIGHT WING WEB SITES TODAY, THEY PREDICT A NARROW REPUBLIXCAN VICTORY IN VOTH HOUSES AND A DEMORALIZING DEFEAT YET AGAIN FOR THE DEMS. THEY SAY THEIR BASE IS REVED UP NOW, AND I FEAR THEY ARE CORRECT. WE WILL LOSE YET AGAIN!!!!

24th October 2006 02:56 PM
jb That is my new Maserati hat I received when purchasing the car!!! Thnaks for posting Joey!!!
24th October 2006 03:12 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
ON MOST OF THE RIGHT WING WEB SITES TODAY, THEY PREDICT A NARROW REPUBLIXCAN VICTORY IN VOTH HOUSES AND A DEMORALIZING DEFEAT YET AGAIN FOR THE DEMS. THEY SAY THEIR BASE IS REVED UP NOW, AND I FEAR THEY ARE CORRECT. WE WILL LOSE YET AGAIN!!!!

It's called whistling in the dark.
24th October 2006 03:15 PM
jb
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

It's called whistling in the dark.

But it seems to work Motherbaby!!!!!!!!
24th October 2006 03:16 PM
nankerphelge Joey?

24th October 2006 03:33 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
But it seems to work Motherbaby!!!!!!!!

KEEP IT SIMPLE
24th October 2006 03:34 PM
rasputin56 Keith Olbermann is the new Edward R. Murrow.

And I also believe that scare tactics employed by the morally bankrupt and "I never said stay the course" Republican Party will have it's desired Jedi mind trick effect on their "base". Dems will gain 5 Senate Seats and 10 House. Still tremendous gains considering the disadvantages due to gerrymandering done to favor the incumbents (in this case, the majority is Republican) but alas, not enough to effectively end the fiasco known as the Bush Administration.

And Murdoch has always allowed Bart to run amok against Republicans.
24th October 2006 03:38 PM
jb
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
Keith Olbermann is the new Edward R. Murrow.

And I also believe that scare tactics employed by the morally bankrupt and "I never said stay the course" Republican Party will have it's desired Jedi mind trick effect on their "base". Dems will gain 5 Senate Seats and 10 House. Still tremendous gains considering the disadvantages due to gerrymandering done to favor the incumbents (in this case, the majority is Republican) but alas, not enough to effectively end the fiasco known as the Bush Administration.

I agree....sadly, we will not take back the house. Our leadership sucks...
[Edited by jb]
24th October 2006 03:38 PM
Nellcote Will Ted Kennedy have a Chivas tonight, and make a pass to shag "Victoria Reggie"?
Want more Ted?
Go here, and listen for the ocean....

http://fatboy.cc/
24th October 2006 03:42 PM
pdog The Simpson hate our troops!
24th October 2006 03:42 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:

[Edited by jb]

Looks like the Dems measured the drapes to early

I think you left wingers will take the House

Gridlock
24th October 2006 03:43 PM
Drewby
quote:
jb wrote:

[Edited by jb]

I hope the Dems win so America will finally see what bad plans they have......No, I shouldnt wish that because our world would be far worse off. Iraq would turn into a breeding ground for people who despise and loathe Americans
24th October 2006 03:44 PM
jb
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Gridlock

I don't think so Tele..the senate was never in play, but I thought we would take the house. In a way, it's a good thing, as if things keep getting worse,Hillary will have a shot in 08!!!
24th October 2006 03:45 PM
rasputin56 No need for gridlock. The President can just sign the bills into law and use his well-used, I'm above the law, crossed-fingers behind the back trick he loves so much. Win-win.
pdog
quote:
Drewby wrote:

Iraq would turn into a breeding ground for people who despise and loathe Americans

It's a non fertile land of Freedumb...
telecaster
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

Raspy don't get mad, just effect your "base"

Maybe you guys can dig up enough atheists, government union employees, college professors and media types to take the House

24th October 2006 03:46 PM
Drewby
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

I absolutly despise that guy and I wish he would do something to get fired.
24th October 2006 03:47 PM
Drewby
quote:
pdog wrote:

It's a non fertile land of Freedumb...

Yeah, whatever you say. It is a land of great opportunity for evil to thrive
24th October 2006 03:49 PM
telecaster
quote:
Drewby wrote:

I absolutly despise that guy and I wish he would do something to get fired.

With his ankle high ratings he is going the way of Air America

Down the crapper

People don't like to hear the US being badmouthed 24/7

When the libs figure that out, which doesn't seem likely, they will win something
24th October 2006 03:49 PM
rasputin56
quote:
jb wrote:

I don't think so Tele..the senate was never in play, but I thought we would take the house. In a way, it's a good thing, as if things keep getting worse,Hillary will have a shot in 08!!!

As Harry Reid said nearly a year ago, it would take miracle for the Dems to take either house. He was right and two weeks out not much is different. These are local races, not national. It's only because of the mess the Republicans have created that these races are even close. In the end, those who have had it drilled into them that Dems are evil will reluctantly vote for the RINO of their choice. Just look at nearly every Republican ad. It's all about scaring their "base" into voting. So much for being the party with a "plan".

Hillary will not be the Dem. nominee in 08. Print it.
24th October 2006 03:51 PM
pdog
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Gridlock

Drapes will be purchased at Wal-Mart and made in China!
Drewby
quote:
telecaster wrote:

With his ankle high ratings he is going the way of Air America

Down the crapper

People don't like to hear the US being badmouthed 24/7

When the libs figure that out, which doesn't seem likely, they will win something

You are absolutely right. I ddint know about his ratings, but that is good news. He is very unpatriotic, like most of the media is. They want america to lose.
jostorm Shame your new Maserati didn't come with an oldfashioned "Correct English Spelling For Attorneys" Course, you need it much more than you need a hat......
24th October 2006 03:52 PM
Drewby
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Shame your new Maserati didn't come with an oldfashioned "Correct English Spelling For Attorneys" Course, you need it much more than you need a hat......

what kind is it?
24th October 2006 03:54 PM
pdog
quote:
Drewby wrote:

Yeah, whatever you say. It is a land of great opportunity for evil to thrive

No shit, that's what I was saying sarcastically.
We can't win in Iraq, the enemy just kills everyone of value to making the place better. There's no way to stop that, in the middle of a sectarian civil war!
I'm glad we are not staying the course now! We made too many mistakes that can not be corrected. The end will be the same, no matter what, the only option is how do we want to make an exit...
24th October 2006 03:54 PM
jb
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Shame your new Maserati didn't come with an oldfashioned "Correct English Spelling For Attorneys" Course, you need it much more than you need a hat......

I don't need anything..I earn enough to buy whatever the fuck I want..and my spelling , or lack thereof, has never been a hindrance.
24th October 2006 03:55 PM
pdog
quote:
Drewby wrote:

You are absolutely right. I ddint know about his ratings, but that is good news. He is very unpatriotic, like most of the media is. They want america to lose.

The media is a business, they want headlines...
24th October 2006 03:55 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Maybe you guys can dig up enough atheists, government union employees, college professors and media types to take the House

Don't forget average working people....but then again that's what republicans usually do.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)