ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ - 27th October 2006
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Everything Old is NEW Again ?!?!.... ( N.S.C. ) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
20th October 2006 01:47 PM
Fiji Joe You guys were ready to throw blows over Foley...but this gets no mention?...and y'alls vote are equal to mine?

---------------------
WASHINGTON - House Intelligence Chairman Peter Hoekstra has suspended a Democratic staff member because of concerns he may have leaked a high-level intelligence assessment to The New York Times last month.

In a letter obtained by The Associated Press Thursday night, Rep. Ray LaHood (news, bio, voting record), R-Ill., a committee member, said that an unidentified staffer requested the document from National Intelligence Director John Negroponte three days before the Sept. 23 story about its conclusions.

The staffer received the National Intelligence Estimate on global terror trends on Sept. 21.

"I have no credible information to say any classified information was leaked from the committee's minority staff, but the implications of such would be dramatic," LaHood wrote Hoekstra, R-Mich., late last month. "This may, in fact, be only coincidence, and simply 'look bad.' But coincidence, in this town, is rare."

A spokesman to Hoekstra, Jamal Ware, confirmed that a committee staff member was suspended this week. He said the staff member is being denied access to classified information pending the outcome of a review.

"Chairman Hoekstra considers security highly important, and the coincidence certainly merits a review," he said.

An aide to California Rep. Jane Harman (news, bio, voting record), the committee's top Democrat, did not have an immediate comment Thursday night.

The New York Times did not immediately answer a telephone message seeking comment.
20th October 2006 01:52 PM
Fiji Joe Heh Heh Heh...well you just wait Gilligan...you just wait till President Pelosi is behind that big desk

-------
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has predicted Israel will collapse and warned that its allies face the "boiling wrath" of the people if they continue to support the Jewish state.
The renewed assault on Israel by Ahmadinejad -- who has been castigated by world powers for his frequent anti-Israeli outbursts -- came as tens of thousands marched through Tehran in an annual pro-Palestinian protest.

"This regime (Israel) will be gone, definitely," Ahmadinejad, who has previously called for Israel to be "wiped from the map" and described the Holocaust as a myth, told the protestors.

"You (the Western powers) should know that any government that stands by the Zionist regime from now on will not see any result but the hatred of the people," he added. "The wrath of the region's people is boiling."

"Efforts to stabilise this fraudulent regime have completely failed, thank God ... This regime has lost the rationale of its existence," the president said.

Ahmadinejad described his warning as an "ultimatum" for Western powers. "You should not complain that we did not give a warning. We are saying this explicitly now."

"If a hurricane starts be rest assured that the dimensions of this hurricane will not be limited to the geographic borders of Palestine," he added. "This regime (Israel) will take its supporters to the bottom of the swamp."

"The best solution is for you to take all the components of the regime and take it away," Ahmadinejad said.

Chanting "Death to Israel" and predicting the "Triumph of Palestine", tens of thousands of people had earlier converged on Tehran University, where Ahmadinejad gave his speech, to mark Iran's Quds (Jerusalem) Day.

Started on the initiative of Iran's revolutionary leader Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, the event annually attracts massive crowds, many of them government workers, to call for the handing of Jerusalem to the Palestinians.

For his part, Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki referred to the sex scandal that has left Iranian-born Israeli President Moshe Katsav facing possible indictment for rape, saying such "ethical deviation" showed Israel was collapsing.

"The Zionist regime is filled with moral corruption and ethical deviation in its highest ranks. Therefore this regime internally, and regionally from the outside, is cracking and is falling apart."

Ahmadinejad also once again questioned the extent of the Holocaust and said that, in any case, it was not right for the Palestinians to pay for events committed on European soil.

"If the Holocaust is real why are those who have the opposite opinion about it being arrested and jailed? If it is true, where did it happen? If it was in Europe, why should it be paid for in Palestine?"

The Iranian government's stance on Israel and the Holocaust has heightened international concern at a time of mounting tension over Tehran's nuclear programme.

The United States accuses Iran of seeking nuclear weapons, a charge vehemently denied by Tehran.

Iran insists it has every right to a full nuclear fuel cycle and has refused to obey repeated UN deadlines to halt sensitive uranium enrichment, which the West fears could be diverted to make weapons.

Ahmadinejad reaffirmed Iran's defiant stance, saying "Iran is ready to negotiate but will not tolerate the slightest pressure."

He also recalled that on a recent visit to the United States he had dared Western powers in an address to a think-tank to shut their own nuclear fuel programmes and let Iran supply the material.

"I told them 'You shut down (your nuclear programmes) and we will produce fuel from the fuel cycle in five years time and sell it to you at a 50 percent discount!'"
20th October 2006 01:54 PM
jb Fiji, why is Bush cutting and running from Iraq now???
20th October 2006 01:58 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
jb wrote:
Fiji, why is Bush cutting and running from Iraq now???

Is he?...and why are you asking me?...Did I ask you why Israel pissed its pants with the whole Hezbollah dealio?...I assume you didn't know...you should assume the same of me..at least we know the Israel issue won't be an issue much longer...I hope you don't have any family over there...if so, you should advise them to leave

20th October 2006 02:01 PM
jb
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Is he?...and why are you asking me?...Did I ask you why Israel pissed its pants with the whole Hezbollah dealio?...I assume you didn't know...you should assume the same of me..at least we know the Israel issue won't be an issue much longer...I hope you don't have any family over there...if so, you should advise them to leave

I value your opinion.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15338789/
[Edited by jb]
20th October 2006 02:11 PM
Jumping Jack Global warming is real. Iran and N. Korea will soon be hot for many centuries to come. Halliburton does nuclear cleanup as well as pipelines.
20th October 2006 02:21 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
jb wrote:

I value your opinion.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15338789/
[Edited by jb]

I notice you criticize Bush for being over there (even though I recall you supporing that position at the outset) and I notice you also criticize Bush for "cutting and running...what gives?...it seems you cut and ran sometime ago...you should be happy
20th October 2006 02:39 PM
jb
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I notice you criticize Bush for being over there (even though I recall you supporing that position at the outset) and I notice you also criticize Bush for "cutting and running...what gives?...it seems you cut and ran sometime ago...you should be happy

NO!!!! I supported the invasion and I am not happy that we are not winning....I actual am disappointed we have not hit N. Korea and Iran as well. I just was making the point that many criticise the dems, but, it may well turn out that we do cut and run...
20th October 2006 02:44 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
jb wrote:

NO!!!! I supported the invasion and I am not happy that we are not winning....I actual am disappointed we have not hit N. Korea and Iran as well. I just was making the point that many criticise the dems, but, it may well turn out that we do cut and run...

Your support for the dems will only cause you greater heartache given your (and my) agenda...and much as you may dislike his performance, and as dumb as you may think he is, he is/was our last great hope in the furtherance of this agenda...his replacement will be nothing but a puppet of world and UN opinion and will not take the necessary action in Iran and N. Korea...only W was wacky enough to do that...dems win!...the world loses
20th October 2006 02:51 PM
jb I don't think he is dumb at all..He went to Harvard and Yale, so he is obviously very smart. I think he may, in retrospect, have chosen the wrong battle. Also, I am not a wimpy democrat. I do not support the Cindy Shehan wing of our party!!! I am more in the middle-more like Joe Lieberman.
[Edited by jb]
20th October 2006 02:54 PM
rasputin56
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
You guys were ready to throw blows over Foley...but this gets no mention?...and y'alls vote are equal to mine?

---------------------
WASHINGTON - House Intelligence Chairman Peter Hoekstra has suspended a Democratic staff member because of concerns he may have leaked a high-level intelligence assessment to The New York Times last month.

"I have no credible information to say any classified information was leaked from the committee's minority staff, but the implications of such would be dramatic,"

Typical, always blame the messenger rather than the message. We certainly didn't need to know the consequences of our govt.s current policies. Of course, the only "evidence" is that he saw the docs (along with plenty of others, I'm sure) but solid evidence has never been a strong point with the current crew.

The flailing around by the Republicans now is getting to be a bit funny. I like the new Osama ad. I knew they kept him around for some reason.
20th October 2006 02:59 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

Typical, always blame the messenger rather than the message. We certainly didn't need to know the consequences of our govt.s current policies. Of course, the only "evidence" is that he saw the docs (along with plenty of others, I'm sure) but solid evidence has never been a strong point with the current crew.

The flailing around by the Republicans now is getting to be a bit funny. I like the new Osama ad. I knew they kept him around for some reason.

What is typical is that you would get so worked up over a non-essential pervert, who has been removed BTW, but show no concern over intelligence documents being leaked for purely political gain...regardless of the content and whether you agree with it...you can't see a problem with that?...I didn't think so...typical
20th October 2006 03:02 PM
rasputin56 True, I'm still pissed about the outing of the NOC agent who was working on WMD for political reasons, too.
20th October 2006 03:02 PM
jb I posted that I met Foley and liked him..his sexual orientation does not bother me at all....as I said earlier, the cover-up is always worse than the crime.
20th October 2006 03:04 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
jb wrote:
I don't think he is dumb at all..He went to Harvard and Yale, so he is obviously very smart. I think he may, in retrospect, have chosen the wrong battle. Also, I am not a wimpy democrat. I do not support the Cindy Shehan wing of our party!!! I am more in the middle-more like Joe Lieberman.
[Edited by jb]

Not the wrong battle...wrong methods...it should have been clear very early on who amongst the Iraqis was willing to play nice...those who aren't willing to play nice should be discounted...you have three options in these scenarios...obliterate, occupy or obliterate and then occupy...we lost our will to obliterate sometime prior to Vietnam...and history shows that the first and third options are the only ones that ever succeed..unfortunately, it appears that Iran has no problems with option number one as it relates to its enemies...oh...the poor jews

20th October 2006 03:05 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
True, I'm still pissed about the outing of the NOC agent who was working on WMD for political reasons, too.

And you should be...but I suspect your outrage is highly selective...you've proven that to be the case
20th October 2006 03:07 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
jb wrote:
I posted that I met Foley and liked him..his sexual orientation does not bother me at all....as I said earlier, the cover-up is always worse than the crime.

I disagree...cover ups are the status quo...for both parties...frankly, politicians these days have no choice...they will be condemned when the matter comes to the surface no matter what action they take...that's why Clinton lied through his teeth...he knew the score
20th October 2006 03:09 PM
telecaster
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
True, I'm still pissed about the outing of the NOC agent who was working on WMD for political reasons, too.

Plame?

Oh, that is old news. No charges. Case dropped after being reviewed for 3 yrs. Didn't you see that? Weeks ago.

Funny libs have no problem when libs like Sen. Leahy (D. VT) and this idiot lib congressman leak classified national security information to the press

Libs also have no problem when Sandy Berger is caught stuffing classified national security documents down his pants and destroying them to cover his tracks on being weak on terror under Clinton

The Repubs have an ad with Bin Laden in it? GREAT!

We need to keep reminding Americans you can't trust libs with national security

I wish the Repubs would run one reminding everyone that Clinton let 16 convicted terrorist out of jail while he was Pres

20th October 2006 03:09 PM
jb Israel was heavily pressured by the US to end the war fast...Olhmert, a novice, along with defense minister Peretz(another novice) had no idea what they were doing..I do not think Israel will make the same mistakes again...at least I hope not.
20th October 2006 03:14 PM
Joey " I disagree...cover ups are the status quo...for both parties...frankly, politicians these days have no choice...they will be condemned when the matter comes to the surface no matter what action they take...that's why Clinton lied through his teeth...he knew the score "

I would like to baste you in milk for 48 hours, hog-tie you and let hungry baby lambs skeletonize your quivering, quaking carcass.

JJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY !
20th October 2006 03:15 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
jb wrote:
Israel was heavily pressured by the US to end the war fast...Olhmert, a novice, along with defense minister Peretz(another novice) had no idea what they were doing..I do not think Israel will make the same mistakes again...at least I hope not.

Israel will stand by and do nothing...what do you think they are going to do?...attack hezbolloah and the UN sanctioned troops there to protect hezbollah?...that will never happen...they are fucked
20th October 2006 03:16 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Joey wrote:
" I disagree...cover ups are the status quo...for both parties...frankly, politicians these days have no choice...they will be condemned when the matter comes to the surface no matter what action they take...that's why Clinton lied through his teeth...he knew the score "

I would like to baste you in milk for 48 hours, hog-tie you and let hungry baby lambs skeletonize your quivering, quaking carcass.

JJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY !

You hate me for my urbaneness...and my Max Lugar key chain...which, by the way, fetch a pretty penny on ebay

I say "Mo"...you say "money"
20th October 2006 03:17 PM
jb
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Israel will stand by and do nothing...what do you think they are going to do?...attack hezbolloah and the UN sanctioned troops there to protect hezbollah?...that will never happen...they are fucked

I want to see the new movie about Idi Amin Dada!!!!!!!
20th October 2006 03:17 PM
rasputin56 Bin Laden? Yes, more please. Keep reminding the American public of the Administration and their enablers' failures. I hope they've got some Katrina ones in the can, too.

Dropped? Scooter already got pardoned? When did that happen? His trial isn't set for early next year? Link?
20th October 2006 03:19 PM
rasputin56
quote:
jb wrote:

I want to see the new movie about Idi Amin Dada!!!!!!!

Raid on Entebbe was a very good movie.
20th October 2006 03:23 PM
jb
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076594/

A great movie indeed!!!
20th October 2006 03:24 PM
Joey
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

20th October 2006 03:36 PM
telecaster
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
Bin Laden? Yes, more please. Keep reminding the American public of the Administration and their enablers' failures. I hope they've got some Katrina ones in the can, too.

Dropped? Scooter already got pardoned? When did that happen? His trial isn't set for early next year? Link?

Son, Libby isn't being charged with outting Plame or anyone else

Nobody was ever charges with that, where they?

But yet you have no comment on libs Berger and Leahy who admit leaking classified info

Try and keep up, you are letting your hyper-emotions take over

Remember, we talked about this before, you need to control your emotions

Focus....focus

20th October 2006 03:38 PM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Son, Libby isn't being charged with outting Plame or anyone else

Nobody was ever charges with that, where they?

But yet you have no comment on libs Berger and Leahy who admit leaking classified info

Try and keep up, you are letting your hyper-emotions take over

Remember, we talked about this before, you need to control your emotions

Focus....focus

The United States of America has just lost its SECOND War !!!!!

********* TET !!!! ..... TET !!!!! ... *************

20th October 2006 03:42 PM
telecaster
quote:
Joey wrote:

The United States of America has just lost its SECOND War !!!!!

********* TET !!!! ..... TET !!!!! ... *************

One wonders if joey is aware the US won every single of the over 70 battles involved with Tet and that zero military objectives were reached by the NVA
during Tet

What they did achieve was to rattle the lib Media (see Walter Cronkite and friendsd) and noodle spined liberal congressmen and limp wristed Who fans in the Midwest
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)