ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rehearsals for the R&R Circus - Londonderry Hotel - 8th December 1968
© 1968 The Daily Express Archives with thanks to moy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: worst song? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
October 18th, 2004 11:55 PM
sammy davis jr. New Faces- a complete embarrasment- surely Mick's idea
Losing My Touch- Uh, no shit....
Indian Girl- WTF?
The Complete BTB album - I might have played it once...
Stealing My Heart- more like stealing our cash
Sparks Will Fly- very weak

October 19th, 2004 12:01 AM
Stonesthrow Hey Negrita.

October 19th, 2004 12:02 AM
sammy davis jr. jeeez- now that's one of my all-time faves. It's just NASTY. Go figure.
October 19th, 2004 06:43 AM
JumpingKentFlash ...But as a writer Jagger has certain freedom. Many people come up with new lines. As long as people get what they mean it's OK.
Strange that the Stones have always been accused of plundering other artists' songs. So we get something original, and then we have the bashing once again. There's no point.
October 19th, 2004 07:03 AM
Gazza its not "bashing" and its not "original" either. Its just a crap line invented for the sake of fitting a rhyme. "freedom" doesnt really come into it, either. By that yardstick, you may as well simply invent your own words as long as they rhyme. Then we're left with nonsense lyrics. The Stones are above that, I'm sure you'd agree.

I didnt actually say I disliked the song. Its a decent enough track. I just think that particular line is hideous. Especially for a songwriter of Mick Jagger's capability.
October 19th, 2004 07:17 AM
JumpingKentFlash I agree in it not being his best. But it ain't bad either.
And the whole reinventing own words. It's fine by me if they make a song called "Larsing qe dox uggaga". If people get the meaning, it's fine. Don't you agree???
October 19th, 2004 07:18 AM
Gazza as long as it doesnt translate as "Cocksucker Blues", I guess not.

Cant see it getting much airplay though, if no one can pronounce it!
October 19th, 2004 07:35 AM
JumpingKentFlash Ha ha ha. Did you know that Fatboy Slim made a CD called "Palookaville"? Sounds strange to me. Also, here in Denmark, we have a track on the top 20 by an artist calling himself "Ikscheltaschel". The lyrics there are completely made-up. Not a single understandable word.
October 19th, 2004 07:38 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:
Ha ha ha. Did you know that Fatboy Slim made a CD called "Palookaville"? Sounds strange to me.

yes and he covers "the joker" of Steve miller Band...
October 19th, 2004 08:46 AM
Gazza
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:
Ha ha ha. Did you know that Fatboy Slim made a CD called "Palookaville"? Sounds strange to me. Also, here in Denmark, we have a track on the top 20 by an artist calling himself "Ikscheltaschel". The lyrics there are completely made-up. Not a single understandable word.

yeah but "Palooka" IS a common American slang expression for a 'nobody'. In his famous "I coulda been a contender" monologue in "On The Waterfront", Brando's character Terry Malloy reflects on his misfortune and moans that he's on "a one way ticket to Palookaville". I'd imagine thats exactly where Fatboy Slim got his album title from....
October 19th, 2004 11:27 AM
JumpingKentFlash Oh. Didn't know that. But what about "Ikscheltaschel" then???
October 19th, 2004 11:29 AM
glencar I dunno. You're the Dane; you tell us!
October 19th, 2004 11:54 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:
Ha ha ha. Did you know that Fatboy Slim made a CD called "Palookaville"? Sounds strange to me. Also, here in Denmark, we have a track on the top 20 by an artist calling himself "Ikscheltaschel". The lyrics there are completely made-up. Not a single understandable word.

Palookaville is a comic strip by an artist named Seth. Has been for about 12, 13 years now. That's not original. That's a reference.

I have not laughed so hard at this board as reading that "Tie You Up the Pain of Love" is a little too eighties McCartney! I remember McCartney going around talking about "Feel the hot cum dripping from your thighs from it" during his "Princed-Up" eighties run! Hey baby, come play my "pipe of piece"! Let's have a Rub and Tug of War!

October 19th, 2004 12:29 PM
M.O.W.A.T. I much prefer Sparks Will Fly over Flip The Switch.

If you have problems with the "Sharks Will Cry" lyric consider for the moment this poetic injustice on Flip The Switch: The use of the word "shit" to rhyme with "shaving kit".
October 19th, 2004 12:31 PM
JumpingKentFlash Well don't you agree that it's rather "eighties-icky"???
(Hey, I made up a word and it got understanded.........gues it works after all).
October 19th, 2004 07:47 PM
CousinCocaine
Back to Zero
Indian Girl
Sparks will fly
Winning Ugly

... all terrible stuff !!
October 19th, 2004 10:01 PM
Soldatti
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:
I much prefer Sparks Will Fly over Flip The Switch.

Flip The Switch is much better, IMO.
October 19th, 2004 11:17 PM
MP who knows...they`ve got so many songs, I think I like more than I hate....I mean...since they've got so many....the good out weighs the bad....in my bloody opinion...but WHO am I anyway....if someone knows...would you be so kind as to tell me...or just get me a tequila
October 20th, 2004 12:24 AM
BILL PERKS NEW FACES IS OUTSTANDING,VL IS A GREAT ALBUM EXCEPT MICKS LYRICS ON LOVE IS STRONG,SWF,BRAND NEW CAR,SUCK ON THE JUGULAR,MOON IS UP SUCK.HE PUT LITTLE EFFORT INTO THESE.HE SEEMS TO CONCENTRATE ON3-4 SONGS PER RECORD AND HALF ASSES THE REST.
October 20th, 2004 07:54 AM
Gazza Bill, I preferred your previous avatar. The expression on Charlie's face on it had more of a "fuck you" look of arrogant defiance which I thought matched the mood of your posts.
October 20th, 2004 12:45 PM
glencar If he had an avatar of Charlie's asshole, that would truly match the tone of his posts.
October 20th, 2004 02:28 PM
JumpingKentFlash *giggle*
October 20th, 2004 07:43 PM
Soldatti I don't know if Bill Perks is wrong on his post, at least half is true.
October 21st, 2004 08:41 AM
star star i dont really like emotional rescue, micks falsetto gets annoying, but the musicianship is still great
October 21st, 2004 09:09 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
If he had an avatar of Charlie's asshole, that would truly match the tone of his posts.

you make Gazza piss his pants.....
October 21st, 2004 09:11 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
glencar wrote:
If he had an avatar of Charlie's asshole, that would truly match the tone of his posts.

post of the day Glencar...you made me fart of pleasure!!
Page: 1 2 3