ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rehearsals for the R&R Circus - Londonderry Hotel - 8th December 1968
© 1968 The Daily Express Archives with thanks to moy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: worst song? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
October 14th, 2004 06:54 PM
mickjaggersgrl what rolling stones song can you not stand?????????

October 14th, 2004 06:56 PM
glencar Sparks Will Fly.
October 14th, 2004 06:58 PM
Gazza Hold Back
Suck On The Jugular
Anyway You Look At It (b-side to Saint of Me)

Theres quite a few others I think are weak, but at least they arent unlistenable, unlike the above three
October 14th, 2004 07:17 PM
J.J.Flash Coupla years ago I couldn't stand Jagger singin' "...where can I get my ass fucked..." anyway.... I don't care, I think the greatest fuckin' band in the whole damn world has no WORST music. Worse than any worst song is the fact they are postponing for more than 7 years the "upcoming" new album.
October 14th, 2004 07:19 PM
Some Guy rock and a hard place... hated it!
October 14th, 2004 07:20 PM
Angiegirl Keys to your love. I think. Only heard it once, last year...
October 14th, 2004 07:23 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Keys to your love. I think. Only heard it once, last year...

Why my princess? Why!?! I love that song. I prefer Keys instead of Stealing My Heart.
October 14th, 2004 07:24 PM
Trey Krimsin Anything off of Dirty Work, except Harlem Shuffle and One Hit (To The Body).
October 14th, 2004 07:49 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Flip the Switch
October 14th, 2004 07:51 PM
Gazza really? I fucking love that one, and everything about it
October 14th, 2004 10:10 PM
Soldatti Sing This All Together (See What Happens)
October 14th, 2004 10:13 PM
Mr Hess Miss You
especially live
October 14th, 2004 10:59 PM
BILL PERKS BABY BREAK IT DOWN
LIVE,IVE HAD IT WITH MISS YOU
October 14th, 2004 11:17 PM
kath angie (like fingernails on a blackboard!!)
October 14th, 2004 11:44 PM
gypsy I'm with you, Gazza--I love "Flip the Switch." I used to play it all the time during my long drive to work.
I am surprised by how many people dislike "Angie." It was bashed on another thread prior to this.

I really hate "Indian Girl" and "Fool to Cry." Hate 'em. I hate that "Fool to Cry" ended up on "40 Licks."
October 14th, 2004 11:51 PM
Zack
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I really hate "Indian Girl" and "Fool to Cry." Hate 'em. I hate that "Fool to Cry" ended up on "40 Licks."

Amen, gypsy. Fool to Cry is the worst well-known Stones song by a country mile. Way too long, repetitive, and tacky (the part about the girl in the poor part of town). To think it beat out Waiting on a Friend for 40 Licks is a travesty. But I guess they wanted B&B represented.

Indian Girl is awful, but it amuses me as camp comedy if I'm in the right mood. Especially the mariachi horns.

Gazza, don't you think Jugular is kind of funky?
October 15th, 2004 12:17 AM
gypsy Thanks, zack! I couldn't believe that "Waitin' on a Friend" did not make the cut, but "Fool to Cry" did. I was disappointed...not only because I like "Waitin' on a Friend" better than "Fool to Cry," but because that was the first Stones video that I had ever seen. I remember that was how I developed my crush on Keith. My Dad was the one that called for me to come into the living room when that video was on MTV...and my Dad was like "There's the Stones. Look at ol' Keith." And I was instantly smitten with Keith. The song is cool...it has meaning--unlike "Fool to Cry." Didn't Keith say that he wouldn't allow that song to be on the album, and it ended up on it anyway?
October 15th, 2004 12:33 AM
F505 all songs on dirty work
October 15th, 2004 12:38 AM
Poplar
Stealing My Heart
Keys to Your Love

Always Suffering
Might As Well Get Juiced
Anybody Seen My Baby (but like the rest of BtoB)

Blinded by Rainbows (but love Voodoo)

Dirty Work (except for Wanna Hold You)

Off The Hook

October 15th, 2004 01:12 AM
exile I hate Flip the switch
cannot stand it

actually pretty much anything off Bridges to babylon
I rate it the worst stones album by a countery mile
October 15th, 2004 01:42 AM
beer Fool to cry...........
I used to hate that song. Until I watched the 1975 / '76 live videos. Watching Keith play the wah guitar lines through out the song changed my whole opinion of it. It's great, mostly cuz of Keith's live playing.

Most of Dirty Work, Rock and a hard place, Might as well get douched, Indian girl, The cover versions of Under the boardwalk and My girl, are all crap IMO.
October 15th, 2004 04:57 AM
Gazza
quote:
Zack wrote:
Gazza, don't you think Jugular is kind of funky?

oh it is and I love to play dat funky music, white boy.

I just think its a crap song, with stupid lyrics

Gypsy - I was gettin' the bus to work one morning after BTB came out and Flip The Switch was blasting so loud on my walkman that the bus driver stopped the bus and told me to either turn it down of get off. So I got off. Its a great song. I cant see how any Stones fan cant love it. Especially that 'snarl' by Mick in the last verse. Great stuff.
October 15th, 2004 06:17 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:

oh it is and I love to play dat funky music, white boy.

I just think its a crap song, with stupid lyrics

Gypsy - I was gettin' the bus to work one morning after BTB came out and Flip The Switch was blasting so loud on my walkman that the bus driver stopped the bus and told me to either turn it down of get off. So I got off. Its a great song. I cant see how any Stones fan cant love it. Especially that 'snarl' by Mick in the last verse. Great stuff.

i has the same problem with my neighbours when it came out...powerful riff, dirty sound, the Stones man!!pump up the volume !!

my worst stones song: new faces...oh and Goddess in the doorway of course
October 15th, 2004 08:35 AM
magicwoman -lady jane
-beast of burden
-keys to your love
October 15th, 2004 08:36 AM
magicwoman all songs on dirty work
-------------------------
agreed F505 its the worst album from the stones ever
October 15th, 2004 08:53 AM
justforyou This thread sucks....
October 15th, 2004 09:38 AM