ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Montauk, Long Island, NY - 1978 by Chris Makos
From the 40x20 Exhibition Now on world tour!!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 'srtipped' album. opinions please ? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
10-17-02 03:33 PM
oska i love this album, but never see it mentioned on this board. why is that ? is it not highly rated by stones fans? also were was it recorded ?
10-17-02 03:42 PM
Moonisup It is such a great album, hmmmmm not fade away sooooo good, LARS never sounded better. SFM rocked from paradiso
Slipping away, tears in my eyes
Sweet virginia great
Little baby, blues
Spider and the fly, wanna hear that in a club, never sounded so good
10-17-02 03:44 PM
jb The best album ever recorded in Holland!!! They video-taped the show and people saw it on a big screen outside..."Spider and the Fly" is great.
10-17-02 03:50 PM
Moonisup
quote:
jb wrote:
The best album ever recorded in Holland!!! They video-taped the show and people saw it on a big screen outside..."Spider and the Fly" is great.

well it wasn't holland at all!! SFM and Dead flowers where from paradiso. the planning was to record in his total in Holland, but the crowd was to fucking loud during both shows. Yes 70,000 people at the square was GREAT!! the tape is cool to, I have some numbers from there!

rik
10-17-02 04:00 PM
jb We owe this album to the great dutch fans....I hope they don't let the boys down this last tour...
[Edited by jb]
10-17-02 04:05 PM
Moonisup we neverd did!!

Remember No security!!

mick:
"het izzzzzzzz goed in Holland te zijn"

It is good to be in holland

He talks a lot of dutch when he is here, more then in France ore Germany!
10-17-02 04:26 PM
scope Stripped is a great album, one that I listened to an awful lot in preparation for MSG, and if I recall correctly, I wasn't alone in cranking that one out at the time.

Spider & The Fly and Sweet Virginia are my favs.
10-17-02 04:30 PM
jb I sat in the NCR parking lot in 99 and blasted Stripped from my Mercedes bose radio system...What's interesting, is some guy was selling shots in a blue test tube for a dollar...this was unauthorized sale of alcohol but people ponied up and drank this ...
10-17-02 04:31 PM
jb Thank Rik....I did'nt mean to preach...but successful people just work harder than others..there is no substitute for hard work...
10-17-02 04:32 PM
SirMuddy Again & again & again
Stripped: The Stones are their best
cause they're playing in a little place
Paradiso, Olympia & Brixton
Just like Orpheum,Aragon,Tower & Roseland this tour...
and we're only on the east-coast... Watch out Europe!
The Stones are coming... Stronger than ever!
BTW you'll need Stripped compagno to macth with Stripped...
10-17-02 04:36 PM
Moonisup indeed hard work gives satisfaction!
I am working for 6 years now at the same company (13 when I started there,).I have bought all my stones cd's from my own money, my father bought the lp's and I the cd's, fair deal!! I am proud of the fact that I have my own section at the shop that is mine, I order stuff, meet new managers and have to set people to work who are older then me, I am respected at my job, and get lot's of attentions from the girls!
Did you know I have almost the same blue leather jacket that mick wore at the fleet, Girls like colours, I always weare coloured socks and shoes!!

rik
10-17-02 04:39 PM
jb Anyone who has been able to work successfully since age 13 at a profession has the dicipline to make it big. I don't know what professions pay well in Holland..here in the States, doctors, lawyers, self-employed family run businesees, all do well...What is the big money profession in Holland?
[Edited by jb]
10-17-02 04:44 PM
Moonisup
quote:
jb wrote:
Anyone who has been able to work successfully since age 13 at a profession has the dicipline to make it big. I don't know what professions pay well in Holland..here in the States, doctors, lawyers, self-employed family run businesees, all do well...What is the big money profession in Holland?
[Edited by jb]

well doctors don't make enough I think for the work they do, Managers do well, lawyers only if they are good, teacher earn nice, well the differences here aren't that big! there is one big group who earns good. and a small group off managers, ceo's who earn a lot. In our fallen government, we had some CEO's they aren't that good in Politics! Too liberal for me
10-17-02 04:51 PM
Mickjagger1963 I love stripped, I think let it bleed is cool. excellent version of Sweet Virginia, my mother loves that song. this was my first Stones CD. Before that I just played my dads Lps
10-17-02 06:52 PM
stonedinaustralia i could never get that "bonus video interactive" stuff to work!!... i tried it on a friend's PC where it worked and i saw a very little of it

is there anything in there that's really a must see?

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
10-17-02 06:53 PM
Boomhauer I like Stripped very much. Let It Bleed is one of my all time favorite songs anyway, so hearing it on that album is awesome.

10-17-02 06:56 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Man, I used to really really like Stripped. Then I heard Love You Live and when I went back to Stripped, said "What the *fuck* is wrong with their guitars?"

They had this kind of electric-accoustic thing going, and Chuck and Don Was's overdubbed organ are both wayyyyy too high in the mix. However, "Sweet Virginia", "Slipping Away" and "The Spider And The Fly" were all great offa that album, and I love Drunken Ronnie's (Is it Ronnie? Sounds like Ronnie. Yah, it's Ronnie, because Keith goes "'s nice!" when Ronnie stops...) comment about the archapeligio or something on "Love In Vain"...

But those guitars... they just need to be free!

-tSYX --- It sounds like you been in there for four days, well all right...
[Edited by TheSavageYoungXyzzy]
10-17-02 06:58 PM
Moonisup
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
, and I love Drunken Ronnie's (Is it Ronnie? Sounds like Ronnie. Yah, it's Ronnie, because Keith goes "'s nice!" when Ronnie stops...) comment about the archapeligio or something on "Love In Vain"...

[Edited by TheSavageYoungXyzzy]

no no keith goes wrong in that one!! How do I know, I have the video, Keith is starting that songs and goes wrong! very cool
10-17-02 07:03 PM
stonedinaustralia "Well it never worked anyway"

i understand a lot of people had that experience

10-17-02 08:22 PM
Highwire Rob This album is one of my favorites. Until "Stripped" I didn't know Mick had such command of the harmonica--On "Like A Rolling Stone" he bends those reeds like nobody's business.

<----"Once more man...sorry...I just missed...I missed the last...arr...I missed...I didn't get the right...ahr... ahr...archipelagio - in - You know what I mean...?

Ronnie: "Hahah, Arfur who?"

"I hate that when I don't get that in."

[Keef, you meant arpeggio? archipelago is an island chain you drunken sod! Priceless!]
10-17-02 09:40 PM
phantom great album,different from other live ones,I simply like it!!!
10-17-02 09:46 PM
sirfito Stripped is a GREAT GREAT GREAT ALBUM.
I like it VERY MUCH.
Stones at their best...
Fito
10-17-02 10:13 PM
Angiegirl Here's what I know of the Stripped recording locations:

01 SFM: Paradiso club, Holland
02 LARS: Olypia Paris and Brixton London
03 Not fade away: Valentim De Carvalho studios Lisbon
04: Shine a light: Olympia
05 Spider and the fly: Toshiba/EMI studios Tokyo
06 I'm free: Lisbon
07 Wild Horses: Tokyo
08 Let it bleed: Olympia
09 Dead Flowers: Brixton (Thought it's Brixton and not Paradiso, Rik. Anyone?)
10 Slipping away: Tokyo
11 Angie: Olympia
12 Love in vain: Tokyo
13 Sweet Virginia: Lisbon
14 Little Baby: Tokyo

Angelique
10-17-02 10:27 PM
Gimme Shelter I thought "Stripped" was great!!!! Every song sounds great and I think the cover photo is totally cool!!
10-17-02 10:31 PM
Angiegirl Yeah, it's a great album. MTV Unplugged, eat your heart out!
10-18-02 02:18 AM
F505 I agree; the best album they made in the past 20 years. But it could have been even better if the album had included some of the raw live versions of the paradiso gig like Gimme shelter or All down the line.
Love in vain on Stripped is one of my all times favorites....
10-18-02 04:46 AM
Moonisup hmmmmmm yeah, I was wrong I think, Dead flowers is from Brixton yeah! The version on the stripped companion was from Paradiso. However it remains strange that just 1 recording made it to the album!! the concerts where so good!
and yeah All down the line and Gimme shelter, Black limousine should have been there!! Greatest rockband ever!

rik
[Edited by Moonisup]
10-18-02 12:16 PM
patioaintdry The only problem I have with jb is his avatar.

And it's not politics.

It's the mullet! Get a haircut, son!
10-18-02 12:16 PM
winter Nellcote:

did you get your tickets for Mr. Peter Wolf?

wintah
10-18-02 12:34 PM
Nellcote Comrade Wintah;

Family conflict on 11/22. Looks like he is opening in Providence earlier in the month, I hope to make it there.
Or Northampton later the next week. Looks like he's hitting all the "big" halls, poor fella! Is he not on WROR
on Sat. nights now, with a show? They've dredged up the old COZ crew w/ Ken Shelton, I even heard Charles Laquidara from BCN/ZLX has a four hour gig. Least they play decent music, I'm calling to get the 8 min version on of "She Was Hot" !
Are we on deck for Sully's in January?

Quite a post they've got going here, kind of reminds me of Hagler/Stearns

Ciao!
Page: 1 2 3