ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Montauk, Long Island, NY - 1978 by Chris Makos
From the 40x20 Exhibition Now on world tour!!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 'srtipped' album. opinions please ? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
10-18-02 12:50 PM
winter Nellcote:

Yeah I feel pretty bad for Peter. He was once king, now he gets little attention at all (even in Boston). Now that I've had time to digest the new disk, I've got to say that I like Fool's Parade much better - but the new Mick tune is fantastic.

As for Jan, Sully's it is. It's a Sunday, so the party should start pretty early. I was hoping we'd be watching our pats in the playoffs that afternoon, but things aren't looking so good as of late. Maybe the week off will help.

wintah

Oh, btw, I'd like to see the judges' score card on this thread.
10-18-02 12:52 PM
Boomhauer Hey Fiji,

Is it just me that thinks this, or is your avatar slowy creeping up towards the upper lefthand corner?

It seems like it used to be more towards the center.
10-18-02 01:00 PM
patioaintdry click and go!

http://www.mulletsgalore.com/
10-18-02 01:08 PM
Nellcote Wintah;

He's become quite an ambassador for visiting Rock gliterati, taking Mick & the boys to Via Matta, showing up at Springsteen on stage. There have been many favorable articles on Woofa Goofa as of late.

Don't give up on the Pats. Belichek has got that look, I would not want to be in the same room as him...

Sully's it is....
10-18-02 01:37 PM
egon and to stick to the topic;

love the opening song on that album, which is maybe even better than the album version.

come to think of it; IT IS!!!

(or am i lying...)
10-18-02 02:34 PM
Nellcote WHOA! This thread has been on Jenny Craig!
10-18-02 02:41 PM
Fiji Joe The Gestapo was here!
10-18-02 02:46 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
The Gestapo was here!

It's about time! Once again, another good thread ruined by this sorta thing. Mathjis & jb - and I say this objectively, without takin' sides - just work it out *off this board*. It's more boring than the Ronnie vs Taylor conversations got to be.

Back to the TOPIC...

The sound of the guitars is just wrong. Anyone who thinks the version of "Street Fighting Man" on this album is good had better listen a boot from any of the Arena shows this tour...

-tSYX --- Evry'where I hear the sound of marchin' chargin' feet, boy!
10-18-02 02:52 PM
jb Anybody ever listen to the version on the Capital theatre boot? Sounds more like JJF and WTWCD....
10-18-02 03:12 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
The Gestapo was here!

Well, it took me some time of my valuable time (in my office) to delete the NSC posts within this thread (about 30 minutes, as I need to delete one by one)

In this case I did not ask my partners Jaxx and Gazza as we have agreed in the past to delete personal fights, insults, crap, etc as soon as they appear in the board.

Just remember... This is a Rolling Stones Board, off topic are welcome, when they are Stones related, rock related but we don't want that kind of threads, and "we" means not just the administrators, but everybody.

Peace
10-18-02 03:15 PM
Fiji Joe Well, Voodoo...I agree, for the most part about your control of off topic insults...but, in the context they were in, and concerning the individual they were concerning, they should have been left alone. I think we can all do witout the egotistical chest-thumping that this dude spews on a daily basis...and now that there is some doubt as to its veracity, I can damn sure do without it.

10-18-02 03:15 PM
cocksucker well that's an illusion voodoo. They wil appear over and over again. You're not dealing with boarding schools girls.
10-18-02 03:48 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Believe me FJ and CS, one of the hardest part of this "job" is dealing with censorship, If we delete a message there will be some happy and some upset.

When someone is doing this on a daily basis the first thing he/she gets is a warning and then... a permanent goodbye.

Is not that bad here as we have just a few people banned permanently.
10-18-02 04:00 PM
Moonisup I don't know what has happened, I went to work, reacted on a post, in this thread, come back and 'gestapo' was here,

well I know 1 thing, if the admin. of this board deletes posts it must have been very very rough!!! Not a good thing

rik
10-18-02 04:10 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
well I know 1 thing, if the admin. of this board deletes posts it must have been very very rough!!! Not a good thing

Not, it was not your case, I just simply deleted all the messages related with the same off-topic, If we left some of them they wouldn't make sense now. As simply as that.

The rule was: All messages not talking about Stripped = OUT
10-18-02 04:17 PM
Moonisup hm I see you have deleted the attack on me also!

Xy, i have to disagree with you, I love the SFM version of stripped, I hear guitars everywhere, never been better!! I also love I'm free, just sounded if they had written it 2 years ago, the whole album sounds fresh to me!! Great tour, just like a band who has to prove themselves, a pitty they did not carry on with that in 1997-99. I expected more clubgigs, and they said they would do, hmmm a pitty. well anyway this tour makes it surely up!!
10-18-02 04:19 PM
cocksucker OK I rest my case. Yeah stripped is a great album!
I love it!
10-18-02 04:22 PM
Moonisup hah me2 CS, I really hope we can get along sometime! I really would recomend you to come to holland!!

hmmm does anyone here have the stripped companion and the Stripped video?? Both are just as great as the album!!! Love that 3 a good threesome here!!

RIk
10-18-02 04:49 PM
mikecooper stripped is amazing!
stripped companion is even better!!
10-18-02 04:51 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl and the video (not the one in the CD, but the edition) is great!
10-18-02 04:59 PM
Moonisup Yeah I love wild horses and Spider and the fly from that video! At least they are at mine!! Also some songs that have appeared on Stripped companion are on my video, like Gimme shelter, sweet virginia!

rik
10-18-02 07:17 PM
Angiegirl Have 'em all. The version of Gimme Shelter on the Wild Horses cd-single is from Paradiso, and it's a fantastic version. I remember something went wrong inside the Mobile truck while recording the Paradiso shows. Don''t know what it was, but that was the reason Paradiso dindn't really make it to Stripped. Because the plan initially was to take most live songs from the Paradiso. Just remember such a story from the technicians in an interview.

I love the documentary, especially the stuff from Tokyo, ie the non-live stuff. That great concentrated look on the faces of the band members and those hands of Mick flying around and his mouth eating the microphone.
From Companion I love Memory Motel mostly.

Wouldn't be bad to have something like that after this tour!

Angelique
10-18-02 08:03 PM
Martha Please point me in the right direction so I can procure all three!

And Voodoo thanks for deleating all the non-topic whatever (crap?) it was that I missed out on..and my brain didn't need to take in anyway.
10-18-02 08:11 PM
Mathijs This wasn't about JB vs Mathijs -this was about a guy scamming, frauding and scorning the internet. It's a shame that the posts were deleted. I guess no news is better than bad news.

Mathijs
10-19-02 12:26 AM
Pants Make the Man Whatever happened to RagingGOAT!!! ?
10-19-02 11:44 AM
F505 I think they made goat's head soup out of him...
10-19-02 06:22 PM
Pants Make the Man Touche', F505!
10-20-02 03:25 PM
justinkurian Can somebody post the tracks on Stripped Companion? Also, is anyone willing to burn me a copy? Thanks...
-Justin
10-20-02 03:51 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl First six tracks from Toshiba Studio Sessions, Tokyo, March 3-5, 1995:

1) Honest I Do
2) Let's Spend the Night Together
3) No Expectations
4) Beast of Burden
5) Memory Motel
6) Let it Bleed

7) Tumbling Dice - Backstage Rehearsals - Olympia, Paris - July 2, 1995
8) Gimme Shelter - Paradiso, Amsterdam - May 26, 1995
9) Live With Me - Brixton Academy, London - July 19, 1995
10) Black Limousine - Brixton Academy, London - July 19, 1995
11) All Down the Line - Paradiso, Amsterdam - May 27, 1995
12) Dead Flowers - Paradiso, Amsterdam - May 27, 1995
13) Shine a Light - Paradiso, Amsterdam - May 27, 1995
14) Sweet Virginia - Brixton Academy, London - July 19, 1995
15) Rip This Joint - Brixton Academy, London - July 19, 1995
16) The Storm - Voodoo Lounge Studio Session 1993/1994
17) So Young - Voodoo Lounge Studio Session 1993/1994
18) Jump On Top of Me - Voodoo Lounge Studio Session 1993/1994
19) I'm Gonna Drive - Voodoo Lounge Studio Session 1993/1994

Front cover

Back Cover
10-20-02 04:00 PM
Moonisup Great scan Geraldo!! Good for the people who don't have that!!

BUY IT
Page: 1 2 3