ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy 70th Bill!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: No interest in the tour today. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
17th October 2006 04:17 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

You got skills kid. I like how you spun that tale to make it sound like it was your wife's CD

dude
17th October 2006 04:18 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

Not sure-I believe rows 1-7...not sure yet which side.
[Edited by jb]

I think I'm 18, definitely Keith's side!
I should be excited, but I'm not right now!
17th October 2006 04:23 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:

I think I'm 18, definitely Keith's side!
I should be excited, but I'm not right now!

We will have fun...it will be a good show, and last hurrah for many of us.
17th October 2006 04:24 PM
Poplar
quote:
jb wrote:

Wait - I thought you had enough?
17th October 2006 04:24 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
jb wrote:
Seems very few of us are even interested in the remainder of the tour-virtually no discussion regarding tonights show....I think we all have had enough.

http://p081.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm564
17th October 2006 04:25 PM
jb I really blame Cohl for having them go out so unceremoniously.
17th October 2006 04:28 PM
chevysales
quote:
jb wrote:
I really blame Cohl for having them go out so unceremoniously.

jb...seriously while cohl plays a big part it is not without mick and keith's blessing i am sure.
17th October 2006 04:29 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

True!
17th October 2006 04:38 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I had to run an errand on Sat, so I took my wifes vehicle. As I pulled away I turned on the stereo and was digging the music in the cd player. I listened to a few tunes and enjoyed some that were playing. I was even humming some in the store. Got out the cd to see what it was, even though I felt I knew, I wasn't prepared to accept it. And there it was... the new Justin Timberlake.

Hey Some Guy,

PM me your addy and I will send you my copy of JT singing Miss You with Mick at the SARS Fest. It is a must have for any true Timberlake fan.

TBS
17th October 2006 04:41 PM
Some Guy
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Hey Some Guy,

PM me your addy and I will send you my copy of JT singing Miss You with Mick at the SARS Fest. It is a must have for any true Timberlake fan.

TBS

Thanks my friend, but that is not needed at this time!! Sadly the Falcons are becoming a non issue. Peace out.
17th October 2006 04:47 PM
voodoopug
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

You are gonna get pugged...

I'm not even going to touch that one!
17th October 2006 04:49 PM
Scottfree
quote:
Joey wrote:

Where is The MaxLugar ?!?!

I hope he has been busy writing again ...... I needs some Material .

Developing ..................................

Joe Sea ..... Scroll !

You sure do, the well has run dry since Max has been on hiatus...
17th October 2006 04:56 PM
mojoman another rapper got shot
17th October 2006 05:06 PM
pdog
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I'm not even going to touch that one!

Why would you...
17th October 2006 05:25 PM
nanatod
quote:
Poplar wrote:
...so drop that last line you spoiled, pretentious windbag...So you're the type of fan who gets to jet around to shows of your choosing, staying in 5 star hotels? Guess that ride ain't quite as fun as I would have thought.

Wow. What's even more amazing than your post, Poplar, is that no one has responded to your "stinging indictment."

In some ways, I kind of agree with you, Poplar. Rather than get angry, though, I cringe when I see occasional postings extolling a poster's wealth / good fortune / blessed lifestyle / ability and willingness to pay more than three figures for tickets to the Stones. I think it is gauche.

Maybe it's the pro bono work I do. Maybe it's the better half's working for a non-profit social service agency.
Maybe it's because the last Republican president I could stomach was Gerald Ford.

Actually, what bothers me most about the particular ro'er you mention is his lack of appreciation for Dylan, and his and other ro'ers lack of appreciation or knowledge for any "modern" musicians like, for example, My Morning Jacket.

[Edited by nanatod]
17th October 2006 05:37 PM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
nanatod wrote:

Maybe it's the pro bono work I do.
[Edited by nanatod]

(*Goes to an imaginary chinese restaurant. Has splendid imaginary meal, with imaginary sticks and noodles, and invites drinks to everybody in the imaginary room, who absolutely LOVE the Bono for his philanthropy and for his expensive glasses*)

(*Opens imaginary fortune cookie. Reads it silently, with overcoming emotion*)

"You, sir, are the lord of pop music -- and all music related stuff --. You, Bono, are the King of the world, where no living being may venture, but Bono is also the King of rebirth, turning the tomb into a womb."

(*Wins Academy Award for BEST CELEBRITY. Auctions the trophy on e-bay to buy accent pillows, puffy pillows, home decor, teapots and lamps.*)
17th October 2006 05:45 PM
eXiLe oN 2nD sT I'm ready for AC!

Beacon is a long shot but if I get in I will be ready for that!!!

They do need a much needed rest though!
17th October 2006 05:51 PM
Some Guy
quote:
nanatod wrote:

Wow. What's even more amazing than your post, Poplar, is that no one has responded to your "stinging indictment."

In some ways, I kind of agree with you, Poplar. Rather than get angry, though, I cringe when I see occasional postings extolling a poster's wealth / good fortune / blessed lifestyle / ability and willingness to pay more than three figures for tickets to the Stones. I think it is gauche.

Maybe it's the pro bono work I do. Maybe it's the better half's working for a non-profit social service agency.
Maybe it's because the last Republican president I could stomach was Gerald Ford.

Actually, what bothers me most about the particular ro'er you mention is his lack of appreciation for Dylan, and his and other ro'ers lack of appreciation or knowledge for any "modern" musicians like, for example, My Morning Jacket.

[Edited by nanatod]

jb realizes when he has had his ass handed to him.
17th October 2006 05:54 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
nanatod wrote:

by my estimations theres somewhere between 2 to 9 members on this board who have any real knowledge or interest in current rock bands

I suspect the rest of the board last bought a record by a new artist around the time of The Who's previous release
17th October 2006 06:00 PM
nanatod
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
somewhere between 2 to 9 members on this board who have any real knowledge or interest in current rock bands

You, me, voodoopug, Dan, pdog, Jaxx?
17th October 2006 06:03 PM
Joey
Nanky ?!

[Edited by Joey]
17th October 2006 06:08 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

by my estimations theres somewhere between 2 to 9 members on this board who have any real knowledge or interest in current rock bands

I suspect the rest of the board last bought a record by a new artist around the time of The Who's previous release

Yeah, but there's something annoying, too, about "classic rock"-era fans whose appreciation for new bands extends only as far as, say, Jet, Ryan Adams or Drive-By Truckers - artists who sound like classic rock, in other words.
17th October 2006 06:10 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
nanatod wrote:

You, me, voodoopug, Dan, pdog, Jaxx?

Ha! Voodoopug! Funny!

I dont know how many PJ shows he wasted his money on, but he never even once went in to see MMJ...

I think the last "modern" record he bought was "Achtung Baby"
17th October 2006 06:10 PM
Joey

Nanky ?!

17th October 2006 06:15 PM
nanatod
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I dont know how many PJ shows he wasted his money on

Although Pearl Jam have been around for 16 years, on this board, they are a "CURRENT" rock band.
17th October 2006 06:16 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Yeah, but there's something annoying, too, about "classic rock"-era fans whose appreciation for new bands extends only as far as, say, Jet, Ryan Adams or Drive-By Truckers - artists who sound like classic rock, in other words.

touche.

I just like going out to hear bands that bring the rock.

So for me thats bands like DBT, Pawnshop Kings, KOL, Blackberry Smoke, Supersuckers...

but at home I listen to all sorts of stuff. Mellow shit like Band of Horses, Devendra Banhart and Vetiver...
17th October 2006 06:17 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

Nanky ?!

[Edited by Joey]

shiny new material.
17th October 2006 06:19 PM
nanatod
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Supersuckers...

I've seen them twice, about five years apart, but I still can not get into them.
17th October 2006 06:23 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
nanatod wrote:

I've seen them twice, about five years apart, but I still can not get into them.

well it takes a lot of whiskey... one of those bands you have to get ripped for...

try Eddie Spaghetti's solo stuff, its easier to digest

just saw Supersuckers opening for Social Distortion. They brought Eddie out on the encore and he was great. He's such a cocky mofo!
17th October 2006 06:31 PM
Poplar
quote:
nanatod wrote:

eh, not really what I wanted to hit on, but thanks for the support. what i was trying to get along those lines is of all the people to hear just bitch, bitch, bitch ... ya know?

My larger point: why would someone like that (or anyone for that matter who is so humiliated by and ashamed of the band) simply troll around a website like this, only to bemoan how lousy the tour is, etc. And what's worse, is that it's done with the arrogant tone of "my negativity and pessimism is my badge of superiority and enlightenment." well sorry to break the news to ya jb, being the kink of the bitches does not make you any more wise than the rest of us.

As I said in another thread, it's nothing personal jb - and I wouldn't classify myself as 'angry' - but your endless well of morose ticket sale assessments and the constant celebration of your own humiliation have become tedious and downright tiresome.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)