ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy 70th Bill!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: No interest in the tour today. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
17th October 2006 06:34 PM
Poplar
... and you may not touch my monkey.
17th October 2006 06:42 PM
chevysales
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

by my estimations theres somewhere between 2 to 9 members on this board who have any real knowledge or interest in current rock bands

I suspect the rest of the board last bought a record by a new artist around the time of The Who's previous release

big ouch!!!
17th October 2006 06:53 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
any new threads about the Chicago Summit??

You would of thought we'd of heard some reports by now...

We had a fucking blast.
Is that so wrong?

I'm getting the distinct impression that some people just bedgrudge others a good time.

Don't like the Chicago threads...don't look.

LJ

PS..Not directed at just you Sway....all the naysayers. But I have to be careful whom I quote lest I become the target of cyber lunatics.
17th October 2006 06:54 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

PS..Not directed at just you Sway....all the naysayers. But I have to be careful whom I quote lest I become the target of cyber lunatics.

I know LJ ; )

I just posted that to bust JB's balls
17th October 2006 06:57 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I know LJ ; )

I just posted that to bust JB's balls

Can I add your name to AC yet???
Or are going to make a grand, surprise entrance??

BTW...I'll have MY summit photos (all 72 of them) tomorrow. I'll start a new thread!!!! LOL.

LJ.
17th October 2006 07:00 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

BTW...I'll have MY summit photos (all 72 of them) tomorrow. I'll start a new thread!!!! LOL.

LJ.

Go for it LJ!!!
17th October 2006 07:00 PM
Poplar
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I'm getting the distinct impression that some people just bedgrudge others a good time.

i'm tempted to consider this an endorsement of my two rants in this thread, thank you.

17th October 2006 07:02 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Please do! Heck, start two! JB will be thrilled!

No big surprise. I'm in for AC. I here Keith's on his death bed though... so hopefully he'll be there too
17th October 2006 07:14 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Please do! Heck, start two! JB will be thrilled!

No big surprise. I'm in for AC. I here Keith's on his death bed though... so hopefully he'll be there too

Excellent..I'll add you to the list.

I've got a good story.

There was a huge medical convention in Chicago. Unbeknownst to me one of the surgeons I work for was at the show.

Now this guy is an MD, PhD, MBA, etc. Real big shot. Brilliant man.

He went with about 5 other MD's that love the Stones. One of them runs the Mayo clinic. I think they were 6th row.

His impressions...GREAT show. Now he hasn't seen them since Medical School.

He was like a kid today...I showed him RO. First time I didn't have to minimize my screen. It was great.

I asked him about Keith...he said...from what I can see age and hard lifestyle are catching up to them but all in all he nailed some good solos. When I told him about the "stroke" rumors, he rolled his eyes.

He also made the comment that the band seemed like a family. He mentioned Keith's hat blowing off and Mick running to fetch it. It was a really interesting perspective.

I'm trying to get him to go to AC.

His eyes lit up!!!

It was refreshing to hear a good review from an objective non-RO'er.

LJ.
17th October 2006 07:15 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Poplar wrote:

i'm tempted to consider this an endorsement of my two rants in this thread, thank you.

I want to give you a BIG KISS!!!
17th October 2006 07:22 PM
Poplar
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
I want to give you a BIG KISS!!!

time to take this board back!!!!

Now, who is posting the Seattle setlist?!!!!
17th October 2006 07:24 PM
pdog
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

It was refreshing to hear a good review from an objective non-RO'er.

LJ.

Get him to post... We need new blood, if he's a surgeon, he should have some on his gounds!
17th October 2006 07:25 PM
PartyDoll MEG Sway is-LOL
17th October 2006 07:27 PM
LadyJane
quote:
pdog wrote:

Get him to post... We need new blood, if he's a surgeon, he should have some on his gounds!

P...I'm gonna try.

He's a total egomaniac and Jewish. Not that there is anything wrong with that. He'd fit right in. LOL.

Actually, most people HATE him but he and I have always got along....whenever we are at a corporate function he heads straight for me and asks "where's the bar? Can I get a martini??"

Oh yeah...He's one of us.

LJ
17th October 2006 07:27 PM
Poplar
quote:
pdog wrote:

if he's a surgeon,

till he started to shake!!!
17th October 2006 07:35 PM
mojoman
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

by my estimations theres somewhere between 2 to 9 members on this board who have any real knowledge or interest in current rock bands

I suspect the rest of the board last bought a record by a new artist around the time of The Who's previous release

i have to admit that i am a big classic rock fan. i not only bought the who's last studio album i went to see the tour. not to many other bands since that time have moved me the who's release didnt exactly move me either.
17th October 2006 07:42 PM
deuce I'm proud to say that I am in the 2 to 9 club
17th October 2006 07:45 PM
pdog I try to spend as much every year on music as i once did I cocaine and heroin.
I have a very nice collection of music.
17th October 2006 07:46 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Poplar wrote:

time to take this board back!!!!

"Beginning reform is beginning revolution."

Duke of Wellington
17th October 2006 07:48 PM
Some Guy
quote:
pdog wrote:
I try to spend as much every year on music as i once did I cocaine and heroin.
I have a very nice collection of music.

you once had a nice collection of cocaine and heroin?
17th October 2006 08:32 PM
Coming Down Again
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I would suspect that I am one of the many that fall into the "2" category that LOVE the Stones and do a lot more reading than posting on here. I check this site all the time but only post when I really have something to say. I have all sorts of musical interests outside of The Stones and am able to happily blend them on my radio show. It's a rock show so I don't get to play all the music that I like (see Emily Haines, Sarah Harmer, etc.) as I like to have some continuity.
I think it's easy to have a skewed perspective based on what you read on here. Just remember that there are a ton of readers that don't contribute to the discussion.
17th October 2006 08:59 PM
polytoxic
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

touche.

I just like going out to hear bands that bring the rock.

So for me thats bands like DBT, Pawnshop Kings, KOL, Blackberry Smoke, Supersuckers...

but at home I listen to all sorts of stuff. Mellow shit like Band of Horses, Devendra Banhart and Vetiver...

Supersuckers rock. Have you heard the Dirtbombs?--another good'un.

17th October 2006 09:21 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:
Seems very few of us are even interested in the remainder of the tour-virtually no discussion regarding tonights show....I think we all have had enough.

It's Seattle. Is anyone from this board going to this show?
17th October 2006 09:24 PM
Gazza I would assume kath is, for one, as its near where she lives?

Where's Beer these days? Somewhat absent since he got married! I think he's from up around there too
[Edited by Gazza]
17th October 2006 09:28 PM
glencar I thought Kath wasn't going but that might have been last year's show.
17th October 2006 09:41 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
It's Seattle. Is anyone from this board going to this show?

Brainbell is, I remeber he scored killer front row tickets for $99.
17th October 2006 09:43 PM
glencar Thanks! PS I just entered the Beacon contest. Lame, no?
17th October 2006 10:11 PM
SweetVirginia Lame, yes. Do you think this is like that house makeover show where you'll have to have terminal diseases and dead hero relatives in order to be selected?

17th October 2006 10:12 PM
glencar I hope not. I lose every contest I enter so I'm not expecting much at all.
17th October 2006 10:23 PM
lotsajizz Well LJ, I was sitting with 3 surgeons at the show who all volunteered pug's stroke theory without prompting....btw, it was the Annual Conference of the American College Of Surgeons...my wife was sworn in as a fellow thereof last Sunday night, they hold this convention in three rotating cities annually, Chicago, New Orleans, and San Francisco...the Chicago Hilton was the host hotel, but I preferred our location at the Intercontinetal...bigger pool too

Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)