ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

When I'm 67!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RED SOX WIN!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
10-13-03 10:41 AM
Mother baby Oh well in the end it doesn't really matter that much to me. The only "team" I really WANT to "win" are The Rolling Stones. And they HAVE...it's just that Beatles are overrated sometimes by idiot journalists.
10-13-03 10:45 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Mother baby wrote:
Oh well in the end it doesn't really matter that much to me. The only "team" I really WANT to "win" are The Rolling Stones. And they HAVE...it's just that Beatles are overrated sometimes by idiot journalists.

Well said.

Very well said.

10-13-03 10:52 AM
Boomy
[Edited by Boomy]
10-13-03 10:53 AM
jb
[Edited by jb]
10-13-03 10:55 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Bah.

I will say one thing. Exile On Main Street is one of the distinct few albums that is so damn good it isn't even on the same playing field as The White Album. There're great albums, and then there're these plateaus where you just can't make comparisons. Exile's on one. Let It Bleed's on another. The White Album and Abbey Road have their own. Live At Leeds and Quadrophenia've got one. I give one to A Nod's As Good As A Wink To A Blind Horse even though not a lot of other people agree. London Calling's got one. Wish You Were Here's got one. Love And Theft's the most recent one, in my opinion.

I don't like comparing the Beatles and the Stones. They were just the best at what they did. The Beatles were the kings of pop-oriented rock who branched out into - and in some cases founded - more genres than we can possibly imagine. The Stones were billed as the seedy underside, but while the Beatles started in rock, went to pop and then slid back a little bit, the Stones started and continue in rock with little side projects all down the line. When the Who floundered in 73, they took their deserved spot as the greatest rock'n'roll band in the world, while the Beatles had long been a memory, had stopped touring seven years earlier, and had stopped being a good live band eleven years earlier.

You can't compare 'em. But you sure as hell can like both of 'em.

Unlike the Sox and the Yankees.

Go Yankees!

-tSYX --- When I get to the bottom I go back to the top of the slide...
10-13-03 11:13 AM
Mother baby I don't understand all this pro yankee stuff. Just like I was glad to see the AFC win the super bowl after all that NFC shit...even if it was Denver...god bless John Elway. Always go with the underdog!!!!!!!
10-13-03 11:58 AM
Mother baby Anyone want to put their money on it. $100.00.. Red Sox...any takers?
10-13-03 12:04 PM
littleredrooster Mother Baby,
Review your baseball history. The greedy players started the whole free agent fiasco
The Yankees are taking advantage with what the players want......Money!
It seems that they reinvest the money that they make by selling out almost every game that they play, at home and on the road.
It's nice to see more than 3000 fans at a Marlins game, but the filled stands look a bit odd.

Popeye was wrong to even approach Pedro.
That Red Sox groundskeeper should have his head examined to further incite the situation after the beanball incident.

I think the Sox should hire Hell's Angels for security in Game 4.

JANKEES!!!!
10-13-03 12:17 PM
Mother baby
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:
Mother Baby,
Review your baseball history. The greedy players started the whole free agent fiasco
The Yankees are taking advantage with what the players want......Money!

Well what does anyone want? Money's not a bad start. And it's not a bad thing to want it. But I think the Yankees started buying all the good players long before free agency. Anyway there can be such a thing as too much money. Maybe MLB needs to go for the salary cap. The owners of course would be exempt.
10-13-03 12:21 PM
steel driving hammer It will be so embarrassing if the Cubs actually lose to Flordia being they were up 3-1.
10-13-03 01:23 PM
JaggaRichards
quote:
Mother baby wrote:

I can't understand why ANYONE would want the Yankees to win. They buy everything....always have. I's all about money. I'd like to see baseball go with the salary cap.

a tired, played out argument.
like if Trump was whining that Gates had more money then him.
Please, tonite-just BB, no fighting!
10-13-03 01:53 PM
jb What's in the bowl bitch...
10-13-03 03:07 PM
Joey

" Cuff and Stuff " at my Baby Steelie's apartment in Wrigleyville tomorrow night following the game .

WE ARE ALL GOING TO GET LAID !!!!!!!!

{ thunderous applause + whoops and hollars from the throngs + massive cheering + tears of joy + paging Dr. Warren Kruger )

Beef Wacky !

10-13-03 11:08 PM
Nellcote SOX WIN !!!! SOX WIN!!!

10-13-03 11:22 PM
littleredrooster An exciting game it was!
Foiled by the knuckler AGAIN!
It's a shame that the difference was a questionable call at first.
FOX announcers 'definitive' replay showed Varitek's foot in full extension and the ball in the glove to complete the double play before his foot slapped the base.
Johnson blocked the view of the replay, but clearly the foot slapped the bag when the ball was in the glove.
I can live with it, it's the best 2/3 now.

Enjoy the victory Chowdah heads, it's your LAST!

JANKEES!!!
10-14-03 04:19 PM
Mother baby
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:
Enjoy the victory Chowdah heads, it's your LAST!

"Chowdah heads"????? Yeah I do happen to like fish chowder & corn chowder. Last victory?? Not quite yet.
10-14-03 04:22 PM
jb My worst fears are coming true...Red Sox vs. Cubs...
10-14-03 04:26 PM
Mother baby Patriots vs Dolphins next Sunday...you going JB??
10-14-03 04:33 PM
jb Maybe...A win and we are 2 up, and a loss and we are tied. Give the patriots credit, as they won a couple of tough games...we are a very mediocre 4-1 team..a good, not great, defense and a sputtering offense which as of late, cannot block for Ricky Williams. MY prediction is Phins 24-21.
10-14-03 04:35 PM
egon jb,

why are you ignoring me?

i wished you a happy b-day, the least you could do is say "thank you".

i'm sad.

very
10-14-03 04:41 PM
egon i thought we had someting...
10-14-03 05:25 PM
Joey " My worst fears are coming true...Red Sox vs. Cubs... "

You make Joey and snort snot

Why ?!?!?!

WHY ?!?!?!

****** JOEY WINKING RIGHT EYE WITH SMARMY LOOK ON PUSS *******
10-14-03 07:33 PM
littleredrooster Hold the presses, sportsfans.................

YANKEES WIN!!!
THE-UH-UH-UH----YANKEES WIN !!!!!!

Don't worry about that RED SOX - CUBS SERIES folks,....

IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN !!!!....In YOUR LIFETIME !!!

JANKEES!!!!!
10-14-03 07:38 PM
Mother baby Those damn Red Jerx!!!!

(plus the umpires are crooked. I think they take bribes)
[Edited by Mother baby]
10-14-03 07:52 PM
glencar Well, even though I lost badly at my tennis game today the Stones - er, Yankees- won today. Nice, nice, nice.
10-14-03 11:15 PM
littleredrooster Baseball Memories For SALE!

This NLCS baseball was stolen from the outstretched glove of Moises Alou along the left field stands during Game 6!

This prized baseball cost the Cubs the 2003 National League Pennant!

Opening bid: $50000

Mail your bids to: [email protected]

10-15-03 02:14 PM
glencar That guy will live (die?) in infamy. Chitowners take their Cubs seriously even if the rest of us don't.

And what about dem Yankees? Jercey!
10-15-03 02:21 PM
Some Guy
10-15-03 07:56 PM
steel driving hammer Sox could win!

10-15-03 07:56 PM
Some Guy SSSHHHHHHH!!!
Page: 1 2 3