ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

When I'm 67!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RED SOX WIN!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
10-09-03 09:35 AM
Nellcote Yes!!! Three to go! Roosta, Pedro Saturday night against Fat Roger, are you ready?
10-09-03 09:54 AM
steel driving hammer I'm sending all the good vibes I can your way!

I want it to be Cubs vs Red Sox.

The Cubs won't do well in New York City looking down a 44 in West Virginie.

10-09-03 11:30 AM
nankerphelge Now here's a team!!

www.inflatablepartysheep.com/
10-10-03 07:08 AM
JaggaRichards They'll blow it.
Boston always does!
10-10-03 09:20 AM
steel driving hammer Well they already came this far!

Someone's gonna have to blow!

I'd love to go to Boston for the night opposed to NY, just cause I've never been there.

They're really rocking in Boston!

Happy Friday everyone, it's been a long week, and the band hasn't been on stage.
10-10-03 09:59 AM
glencar Boston sucks. They'll deflate like they ALWAYS do. Yanks in 6.
10-10-03 11:22 AM
jb
10-10-03 07:24 PM
glencar It sickens me that even people in the NYC area are blathering how they'd like to see a Sox-Cubs Series. Two 90 year looooooooozers facing off? I'd rather have the Devil Rays/Brewers. That'd be relatively exciting.
10-11-03 02:46 PM
littleredrooster Whoa! NELLIE!

Pedro is an impressive 10 W / 9 L against the Yanks.
Hardly a Pedro - like record !

Rocket is prone to giving up a home run or two when he takes the mound, but this Game 3 will be different.

High Cheese !
Chin Music !

And a possible bench clearing brawl!

In this, the possible FINAL start of his career, the Rocket Man will add to the Red Sox curse!
Not only is the Bambino hovering over Fenway, but also the
Rocket for some 'in your face' glory!

We'll soon see how it plays out, look for the Yankees to face Sammy 'the Corker' and the Cubs after disposing of the Red Sox in an exciting SEVEN game series!

JANKEES!!!!!!!!!!
10-11-03 07:41 PM
littleredrooster Pedro THE Girly Boy!
Attacks 72 year old Grandpa!
Not Yankee batters, Pedro the best pitcher in the league?

HA !

WWF Maybe!

That's HIS speed........ the Red Sox are TOAST!

Roostah The Prophet

JANKEES!!!!!!!!
10-11-03 08:12 PM
Some Guy Who won tonight?
10-11-03 08:40 PM
Nellcote Not so fast Roostah, calm down! No Fat Lady yet!!
Zimm the Gerbil deserved all he got. What is he doing anyway swinging at anybody? I think the plate in his head must have picked up some radio frequency, causing him to go haywire. On With The Show!
10-12-03 02:41 AM
littleredrooster Zim was stumbling and Pedro grabbed his head and tossed him.
Now 'Spike' Garcia and 'Full' Nelson are in trouble for giving Red Sox 'Tarpoline Boy' a bit of the 'business' NY style, I smell diversion!
That jerk should have had spike marks on his face!

Sure there's a lot of baseball to be played but the Fat Lady is gargling in the Yankee dugout!

Let's hope they decide to play baseball Sunday night, weather permitting. A rainout would only help the Red Sox regain some composure!

JANKEES !!
10-12-03 05:39 AM
Nellcote This just in..Roostah needs new glasses!
Give me a break, the replay clearly shows the deranged Zim breaking away from the pitchers mound scrum, making a bee line to Pedro. Zim got what he deserved. He was a loser when he managed the Sox in the '70s, and he maintains that title well.
10-12-03 09:24 AM
steel driving hammer Wow what a mean game!

Poor Zim, but it was a laugh!

That fat bastard!

Zim came Tumbling Down! Boom!
10-12-03 09:38 AM
Stonesprofessor
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:
Whoa! NELLIE!

Pedro is an impressive 10 W / 9 L against the Yanks.
Hardly a Pedro - like record !

Rocket is prone to giving up a home run or two when he takes the mound, but this Game 3 will be different.

High Cheese !
Chin Music !

And a possible bench clearing brawl!

In this, the possible FINAL start of his career, the Rocket Man will add to the Red Sox curse!
Not only is the Bambino hovering over Fenway, but also the
Rocket for some 'in your face' glory!

We'll soon see how it plays out, look for the Yankees to face Sammy 'the Corker' and the Cubs after disposing of the Red Sox in an exciting SEVEN game series!

JANKEES!!!!!!!!!!

Damn it rooster...you CALLED it man! I think this is over in six myself
10-12-03 11:05 AM
Riffhard I have no horse in this race but, after what I saw last night I'm rooting for the Yankees. Pedro showed no class at all. First he intentionally hits Garcia. Then he points to his head and mouthes "I'm going to hit you in the head next time!" WTF!?!?! Then when Zimmer reacts to this by charging at Pedro,the tough guy that he is,grabs the 72 year old Zim around the head and throws him to the ground. Zimmer was in a coma for six days and spent six weeks in the hospital in 1953 after getting beaned in the head by a pitch. I can certainly understand why he would be angery at Pedro for that ridiculous and classless taunt.

Face it Red Sox fans if Clemens had pointed to his head and made that taunt you would be calling for his fucking head on a platter. If he grabbed one of the Red Sox bench coaches and threw him to the ground you'd want him thrown in jail.

Riffhard
10-12-03 01:08 PM
littleredrooster Popeye went over to Pedro to find out if the plate in Pedro's head was receiving 'Street Fighting Man' as well!

Can you blame Popeye for seeking out that jerk?
A beanball ended his career!

If it was 30 yrs ago, Zim would have wiped that sarcastic grin from Pedro's face with a pine tar rag!

You're right, the only 'class' that Pedro has is LOW !

'Isn't he lovely'

'Stevie' Roostah

JANKEES!!!!
[Edited by littleredrooster]
10-12-03 04:23 PM
glencar I totally missed the game so I didn't see the fight but it sounds like the Red Sox are typically sore looooooooooooozers. On to Chicago...may as well close this one out.
10-12-03 07:39 PM
littleredrooster RAINOUT!

Advantage Red Sux!
Burkett slithers to the bullpen, here comes Wakefield.

Fool me once with the 'floater' shame on YOU!
Fool me twice...shame on ME!
Look for the Yanks to kick his sorry 68 MPH ass on Monday!

It also gives the Boston PD time to trump up some charges in a 'Pedro - like' attempt to distract the Yankees.

Roostah Crows!

JANKEES !!
10-12-03 08:37 PM
Nellcote Did you see the Gerbil crying tonight? Time for the glue factory! Roostah, watch the YES network video of Zimmer running straight from the dugout right to Pedro. I think he is not stumbling!
10-13-03 12:08 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Roostah, Taylorite though you are, I agree with ya 100% on this one.

Yankees in five. Maybe six. The Sox are *broken*. Their pitching ace has a hissy fit and winds up losing to some old guy they gave away.

Oops.

-tSYX --- How does it feeeeeeel?
10-13-03 03:03 AM
littleredrooster Sure Popeye ran to Pedro but he did stumble as he reached him!
I wish that I could get YES, but I'll switch to Direct TV in January and be able to watch it next season.

His emotional rescue today only shows that he is a good baseball lifer!
He wants to avoid continued strife between these teams.
Hopefully avoiding physical injury.

But, the Yankees won't forget Pedro's crap!

They will avenge Popeye by sending the Red Sox home AGAIN
to watch the Bruins!

Thanks Young & Savage, referring to Roostah as a Taylorite is a kind gesture!

JANKEES !!!
[Edited by littleredrooster]
10-13-03 05:36 AM
Nellcote Roostah, stumble? Please, I think higher of your posts than that. Face it, what we have here is a 72 yr old baseball lifer in Zim. A true baseball man. What was he thinking running towards Pedro in this manner, arms outstretched for his head? And if he stumbled, why the tearful apology to all involved? All Pedro did was be the matador to this guy's bull manuever. He reacted to someone lunging towards him. It is real easy to judge his reaction in hindsight. When Roger thru the broken bat at Piazza, everyone said it was on purpose, however, it was a reaction! Pedro does not get a pass on this, in fact pays the highest fine, (50K). Zim needs to do us all a favor and retire, or agree to a studded leash on the bench at the very least.

Shall we care to discuss Fat Roger's history of throwing inside? Does the name Mike Piazza ring a bell, whom actually got drilled in the head by The Texas Con Man? I think the late great Tony Conigliaro would tell you that plunked in the back is better than blood clots to the brain! And please, will someone tell Mayor Bloomberg that politicians should stick to running the city instead of commenting on baseball matters. He could not hold Giulaini's jock strap, another great NY loser is he!

Now, about your famous bullpen heros! Interviews with fans directly above the 'pen note that these mates were pummeling the Sox employee, six on top of him. Man has cleat marks on his back, is now wearing a neck brace. All the fuzz need is one more witness, and assault charges are in for at least two of the Yankee superheros. That slimy pres of the Yanks Levine gives quite a mealy mouthed statement on the matter.

Emabarrasing day for Sox Yanks rivalry, you bet! Blame pie eaten by all. Let's get back to the game!
10-13-03 05:41 AM
Nellcote More on your great Yankee bullpen. Makes one real proud to wear pinstripes whould you say?

Police report on Sox-Yankees bullpen altercation
By Boston.com Staff, 10/12/2003

The following is the text of the incident report filed by the Boston Police detective assigned to the Red Sox bullpen and the police officer assigned to the Yankees bullpen during Game 3 of the American League Championship Series Saturday night.

A member of the Fenway grounds crew, Paul Williams, 24, of New Hampshire, also assigned to the Yankees bullpen, and two Yankees players � reliever Jeff Nelson and right fielder Karim Garcia � got into a fight near the end of the game.

No charges have been filed against Nelson, 36, or Garcia, 27, even though this report indicates that the police officers involved intended to do so, characterizing the episode as assault and battery on Williams. It lists two New Hampshire men as witnesses to the fight.

The report says that �hands, feet, and teeth� were used during the fight. It describes Nelson as 6�2� tall, 210 pounds, and �muscular,� and quotes him as saying to Williams, �If you�re gonna cheer, go on the other side (or words to that effect).� It describes Garcia as 200 pounds and also �muscular.�

The report was filed at 9:40 p.m. Saturday, 2� hours after the altercation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While performing a paid detail at Fenway Park, Det. William Dunn, assigned to the Red Sox bullpen, and Officer Michael Pankievich assigned to the Yankees bullpen. Approximately 7:10 p.m., between the top and the bottom of the 9th inning, while standing outside of the bullpens and facing the crowd (and also bullpen occupants), Det. Dunn and Officer Pankievich observed a pitcher (Jeff Nelson) from the Yankees, approach the victim (who was standing in the corner of the bullpen). At this time (what appeared to be) a verbal confrontation ensued between the victim and Jeff Nelson. Officer Pankievich proceeded to that location in an attempt to separate the parties. While enroute, Jeff Nelson was observed pushing/grabbing the victim in the chest area at which time both parties fell to the ground where Jeff Nelson began punching and flaring his legs at the victim. At that point numerous other members of the Yankees bullpen jumped on the victim (some striking the victim and others attempting to break up the melee). The right fielder (Karim Garcia) from the Yankees was then observed jumping the right field wall, into the bullpen and begin striking down at the victim with his left hand. With the aid of other officers and Red Sox security staff, the parties were separated ending the incident. Further investigation revealed victim sustained numerous injuries, transported to Beth Israel Hospital and treated for injuries to his head, mouth and body (including what appeared to be numerous cleat marks). D899 Dets. Tierney and Gill responded to the Beth Israel Hospital where they further interviewed the victim and photographed his injuries. Lt. Kelly McCormick of Area B-3 forwarded witness information to Det. Dunn and P.O. Pankievich regarding their eyewitness account of the incident where they stated they observed member(s) of the NY Yankees baseball team initiate an unprovoked attack upon the victim. Summonses to be sought in Roxbury District Court for assault and battery on both Jeff Nelson and Karim Garcia of the Yankees baseball organization.

Why didn't Nelson just call Torre and tell him to remove this guy if he was such a problem? Because Nelson is another loser, who has a ticket to the glue factory.
10-13-03 06:40 AM
JaggaRichards Pedro is a punk
The Sox are losers
10-13-03 09:42 AM
lotsajizz The Yankees should be thrown in jail and then charged as a RICO. 92 or 72, you come near our star, you're going down, that fat fuck Gerbil bastard was lucky Pedro was gentle on him...the Yankees are a bunch of lame, limp-wristed groundscrew-assaulting assholes...I can't wait 'till the Boston Police bring charges on Nelson and that crybaby Garcia
10-13-03 10:04 AM
nankerphelge There's plenty of blame to go around on that mess.

Pedro was just way outta line -- that was a nasty throw and a nastier taunt and there really is no place for that crap! He is a great pitcher who has decided he'd rather be a punk.

Zimmer lost it -- and considering his past, I suppose I can understand it, but it doesn't make it right. He went out to take a swing at Pedro, and Pedro was well within his rights to defend himself. 72 or not, if the guy is crazy enuf to think he can take a swing at a man half his age, he better be prepared to catch one square on the chin! He's lucky he tripped before Pedro really tagged him!

The bullpen scuffle was just strange. What was the groundskeeper doing there cheering?

The whole thing was just really ugly and unfortunate -- I hope they can calm down and just get back to the Yankees spoiling the Red Sox season yet again!!

Bambino baby!

10-13-03 10:31 AM
jb It looked to me as though Zimmer attempted to strike Martinez and he simply was trying to defend himself..he could have justifiably thrown a punch and really caused damge, but simply threw Zimmer out of the way...It was a regrettable incident as we all love a character like Zimmer who has meant so much to baseball and P. Martinez is certainly a potential Hall Of Fame pitcher whose reputation will be tarnished by this incident. On the otherhand, Roger Clemens again showed why he is probably the greatest pitcher of his generation...
[Edited by jb]
10-13-03 10:33 AM
Mother baby
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
-- I hope they can calm down and just get back to the Yankees spoiling the Red Sox season yet again!!
Bambino baby!

I can't understand why ANYONE would want the Yankees to win. They buy everything....always have. I's all about money. I'd like to see baseball go with the salary cap.
Page: 1 2 3