ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Air Canada Centre by Rick with thanks to Brenda, Tony & Rachel
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:

CLICK THE IMAGE AND LISTEN THE ROLLING STONES WEB RADIO SPECIAL!!!

[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Has anyone on this board ever met Mick or Keith... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
10-16-02 12:52 PM
jb Hey Rik...just another day on the board....heard the highest priced tickets for europe would be 69.00 American dollars..not to bad...There also admitting now on Shidoobee that Cleveland was far from a sell-out...but no apologies offered to me....+
[Edited by jb]
10-16-02 12:56 PM
Moonisup No the tix are more expensive! I think around 80 euros for a stadiumshow and I think more for a club!
10-16-02 12:58 PM
jb I think thats for general admission...it's posted somewhere on Shiddobbe...
[Edited by jb]
10-16-02 01:01 PM
Moonisup Believe me around 80 euros + administration costs
10-16-02 01:02 PM
jb wELL, 80 IS LESS THAN 300!!!
10-16-02 01:06 PM
Moonisup Yeah I know we are blessed with the lower prices here, I know that! 3 shows for me, at one for you, how unfair actually!!

regards, rik

10-16-02 01:19 PM
jb No...I get 3 shows next week...2 in florida , 1 in Atlantas...then 2-3 more in jan when I go to New york and then 1 more in Texas...I have decided, however, to not meet up with the people from Shidoobee as they are a hostile group with no love....(excluding Doug and a guy named Jmac).
10-16-02 01:32 PM
Moonisup I knew that, I meant: 3 x 80 = 240 is 3 shows for one ticket front row

Regards, rik
10-16-02 03:29 PM
Child of the Moon
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Man, the stupid arguments is half the fun!

Especially when someone blows a gasket and has a meltdown. My GOD that's entertaining.

SS C10

True enough, SS. True enough. :-)
10-16-02 04:51 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
Savage, how boring would it be if everyone just agreed with everyone? Another take on your thread; POSTER: The Stones Rule, and everything they've ever done rocks my world! RESPONSE: You're sooooooooo right! RESPONSE: I have to agree! THIRD RESPONSE: You two got it down! See where it's going?.........God! 'OW BORING! Mind you! Aerosmith do rock! hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!! it's called fishing!

Yeah, I guess so, gypsy. But like, arguements *on topic* are good. Even small arguments off topic are entertaining. But when every post turns into an insult-fest it's kinda annoying. Y'know?

As for you, jb, if you, in your supposed sensitivity to homicide bombings and so forth, had been told by someone widely regarded as a jerkoff that you should be "smoked out of your caves like the Taliban", would you get pissed off too? I think you'd better take a good look at the whole story rather than making everyone who gets angry at you 'a threatener of physical harm'. I specifically recall I said "I don't mean 'last chance' as in I'll send some hardfaced Bostonians down to break your kneecaps, but rather 'last chance' as in I was going to send an e-mail to the moderators with a recommendation that you be censured.

Look man, I'm sick of being insulted by you. It's all in good fun mostly on this board, but you make everything serious and that just makes life stupid. And if you just said "You're a jackass" to me, I'd feel fine, but saying "Hey Sir Stonesalot/Moonisup/whoever, this guy did this this and this! Have pity on me and hate this person!" is acting like a two-year-old. We have freshmen here broken of this habit in two months. Are you 13? 14? You don't look like it!

But you are right, gypsymofo - life would be boring if we did all just agree all the time. And the fact that this board's the most free-thinking of all of them is the reason I post here. We can say stuff like "You're fucking wrong! What are you smoking! Mick Taylor? Coming back? Riffy, you wasted your question on that?" and people take it in stride.

-tSYX --- If I do I'm gonna lose my mind...
10-16-02 06:37 PM
Riffhard Hey Xyzzy,
You may consider that a wasted question,your love of all things Ronnie has been apparent for some time now,but,for a alot of people that post on this site and others it was a question that was begging to be asked.I asked the question b/c I wanted to know if there was any truth to the very strong rumours concerning Taylor.I asked that question also because it was a question that real fans wanted to know the answer to.In other words,I asked the question so all of us on this very board would know.Bottom line is the question was a damned good one,and one that got the press gallery buzzing.Albert Maysles turned to me and said-"There are alot of Stones fans out there that would like to buy you a beer for that question!"Ofcourse Jagger as always was evasive and it would now appear that Taylor will not be guesting.The fact remains that "his people" were approched and the deal went south I guess.

Riffhard

[Edited by Riffhard]
10-16-02 07:39 PM
cocksucker the parrot is back in town!
10-16-02 08:12 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Thanks, Riffy - actually, my love of all things Ronnie kicked into high gear only after the Fleet - and I didn't expect you to actually answer that one! At least not until I phrased it to you a bit more politely! It was just an example - but thanks for answering.

Yeah, we used to have this discussion twice a week until this tour kicked off - to me at least Taylor's just not a Stone anymore - great guitar player? You bet. But not a Stone. Period. I would like to see him on one song, maybe, at a club show, like what's been done before with the other openers. But not as the 'guest of honor'.

Rockin'. And to be honest, I can't think of another question.

Erm...

What brand of cigarettes do you play, Ronnie?

-tSYX --- Time waits for no one...
10-17-02 04:25 AM
Mathijs >>
Mathjis is referring to threads on IORR months ago when there was, in my opinion, some anti-american bashing by a small few at that cite...for him to hold it against me , considering the nature of some of his posts, is , in my opinion, somewhat unfair...but obviously, if the guy does not want to sell me some boots, that's his right...
[Edited by jb]
>>>

Now you are twitching the truth and you are a bad lawyer. First, the topic with which you posted under 10 aliases was the tapes of Mr. Freezer, and not some anti-American postings. Second, at the time it happened, you denied you had posted under different names, saying that more people in your company had access to internet, so it must have been one of your colleagues. Also in private mail to me you denied it was you. Now, you finally admit it.

Last, again you falsify the truth when you say that I hold it against you. You have been taken any opportunity to attack me ever since I refused to sell you bootlegs, and that�s what I asked you in this posting �if you where still pissed at me. As in your answer you turned the truth again, I rectified it by telling why I didn�t want to sell to you.

I don�t hold it against you in any way, I must say I sometimes enjoy your postings are �like mine postings- can be opposite of the general postings on this board. However, I will always keep in mind the nature of most of these message boards, and the nature of the posters �which came to surface so openly after Bjornulf Vik made all IP addresses visible on the IORR message board. It�s very easy to lie or make the truth a little nicer than reality is �like people occupations, meeting the Stones or whatever.

Mathijs
10-17-02 06:45 AM
Moonisup ok noticed that

but why bashing people who have said to meet the stones?? How can you possibly know that! That is also very very low to do!! And if they did not, I don't care, they'll just fool themselves. I don't think it is fair to say it isen't true, when you don't really know if it had really happened ore not!! That is also very low!! Could you understand that, I think some people are getting pissed, when share their experience and someone tells them that it ain't happened!
10-17-02 08:46 AM
cocksucker Who's that penguin with the tailcoat on your avator JB?
10-17-02 05:31 PM
Miss U. You're so right, TheSavageYoungXyzzy! Wise beyond your years. Unfortunately there's a small few posting under various pseudonyms determined to turn this board into yukky slush with little stones content and focussed on silly arguments for the sake of arguing...or "freedom of speech" and "interesting debate" as they call it.

***Stones content alert***
YES, I've met Ronnie here in T.O. at rehearsals this summer, and was really impressed. Unlike the others, he often sat in front with his driver, and he signed ALOT of autographs, including for me. He was very friendly and joking with the crowd. I got some good shots of him.

[Edited by Miss U.]
10-17-02 05:38 PM
Moonisup
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
Thanks, Riffy - actually, my love of all things Ronnie kicked into high gear only after the Fleet - and I didn't expect you to actually answer that one! At least not until I phrased it to you a bit more politely! It was just an example - but thanks for answering.

Yeah, we used to have this discussion twice a week until this tour kicked off - to me at least Taylor's just not a Stone anymore - great guitar player? You bet. But not a Stone. Period. I would like to see him on one song, maybe, at a club show, like what's been done before with the other openers. But not as the 'guest of honor'.

Rockin'. And to be honest, I can't think of another question.

Erm...

What brand of cigarettes do you play, Ronnie?

-tSYX --- Time waits for no one...

yeah, you're right, Mick T was never a stone, he sure as hell played good guitar, listen to brussels, but ronnie was a stone b4 he became a stone!!!!!!

Ronnie, yeah keep on smoking boy, I will!
10-18-02 03:11 AM
Mathijs Moonisup (or Rick): I am not bashing people who met the Stones -even I have met the Stones so that's not a big deal. I am bashing people who tell stories like "yeah me and my buddy Keith drank bottles of Jack Danelies backstage in 1994". If you know a little bit about the Stones, if you are a little closer to them you know it couldn't be true.

Mathijs
10-18-02 04:17 AM
Moonisup I don't know them and I have never met them, but I really can't tell if those stories happened ore not! I really can't! How can you then? That's what struck me actually.
Well I can see that some stories maybe are a little 'thicked', but so what

rik
10-18-02 04:32 PM
mikecooper i got to meet the whole band and got a photo with them before the no security show in dc on the first night! awsome and a dream come true. it hangs in my office.
10-18-02 07:46 PM
Angiegirl I sometimes don't answer the phone because I am sick of Mick calling me to ask me what he should wear that night.
Page: 1 2 3