ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

A kiss to the all the nice girls at Rocks Off who make this place so special!
By William Coupon from the "40x20 Exhibition" now on tour...

This header is dedicated to Pammy Mammy!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: To Aussies on the board Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
10-15-02 10:56 AM
Pants Make the Man
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
Sir Stonesalot hits the nail on the head again! Until you've been touched by terrorism it's all so much scenery. Newspaper fodder, until one morning it's your city, your loved ones, your grief. Ask the loved ones of the victims of 9/11 to be politicaly correct about terrorist regimes, the perpertrators, the sponsors, ask them to be tolerant of Islamic regimes that do stuff all to curb terrorism, and yet ask us not to generalise. There is a cancer spreading throughout the world, a cancer that should have been excised after Munich '72, it wasn't, and now it's encroaching on the major organs. When Washington, or New York, or London is a radio-active slag heap, I'm sure we'll all sleep better for the knowledge that we never generalised about the Muslim world.

Now here's a guy that has his head on straight. I salute you, gypsymofo60! But I wouldn't be surprised if they were a bit more subtle and hit some place other than Washington, New York or London with a dirty little nuke. Say, Omaha, where the air-base is, maybe, just maybe? Then again, they've got more than just one of those suitcase nuke's. It could be a handful of place's that go up in radioactive smoke.
10-15-02 11:01 AM
Maxlugar Stonesthrow, I am all for it believe me! It's just that everything I've read about Solar Power says it would not work. In a capitalist society, SOMEONE would have perfected it to make gazzilions of dollars if it could be made to work.

Check out www.junkscience.com. They've run lots of articles on this. Shit, you could spend all day at that sight anyway. Interesting stuff.

M!
10-15-02 11:23 AM
gypsymofo60 PMTM, Wash, NY, LON, just to make a point! A dirty nuke is of course the most likely scenario, and tacticaly I'd say a major installation would be the most likely target for the real McCoy, say detonating one in Montana, or Dakota, or even Cape Canaveral. Let's hope it never gets to that, and that's why we've got to sort this out now, it's like Munich in the thirtys all over again. Britains were opposed to taking Hitler on, well a small, but vocal group were, but it was a dirty job that needed doing, it's like cleaning the lav', you know someones gonna have to do it eventually, so you might as well clean it up before the stink makes the job impossible.
10-15-02 11:26 AM
sirmoonie See, I don't think anyone said they hate all Muslies as people per se, or if they did, they probably didn't mean it (except Maxy). I certainly don't.

Its Islamic culture and mentality that is fucked. "Islamic extremist" is a redundancy. If you are Islamic, by definition you are an self-righteous, deluded, homocidal whacko extremist, just like if you were a Nazi in 1920-1940s Germany, you were the same. Now, I'm sure there were a lot of very nice Nazis running around Germany, ones that called their mothers every Mother's day, handed out balloons to sick children in the hospital, and cleaned up after their dog. I'm sorry that so many of them had to die. But there was no other way for that country to wake up and realize it was going down a very dark path.

Same goes in Islamic cultures. Take Fiji's advice and go to one and see for yourself. Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Libya, even Egypt. Any of them. Very sad and violent places. Fear and loathing is the party line. Unfortunately, its spilling over into our society. And that is unacceptable. There will be no peace until Islam is seen for the sickness it is.

Of course, there will be no peace after that either, I'm sure we'll find plenty of other reasons to kill each other.....

"Attach a solar power jet pack to my wang and I'll send your wife to the 'Milky' Way, Ronnie!"
10-15-02 11:34 AM
Pants Make the Man But of course, gypsymofo60. What I'm getting at is that they, little stinky nukes, are here, now. We need to cut out that politically correct "Muslim's are people too" bullshit, whining and start rounding some people up, like, yesterday. Innocent live's are at stake, so I'm sure they, peace loving Muslim's the world over, would understand. Anyway, I'm heading out right now to do my part for the war effort. Peace out.
[Edited by Pants Make the Man]
10-15-02 12:12 PM
gypsymofo60 Without deliberately wishing to put the frightners on anyone, I feel that in time you will be proven right PMTM. Dirty nukes, small tactical nukes are no doubt in place right across the globe waiting to be activated.And waiting to activate them, the brave unsullied soldiers of Islam, and holing these knights of Islamic righteousness up; the dutiful, upstanding, peace loving proponents of Islam, who by all accounts have intergrated into Western society, and are nothing to do with the harbouring, and sponsoring of terrorist cells, and have nothing to do with the recruitment of freedom fighters within the mosques where they supposedly worship. Oh! I feel for the Muslims who truly try, as do other religions to follow the ways of peace, but don't ask me to feel sorry for those who have an excuse for every terrorist act perpertrated in the name of Allah. And don't ask people to accept the practice of recruiting terrorists through the mosques built in Western countries, this is not the act of innocent, misunderstood foriegners.
10-15-02 02:45 PM
icydanger
sh.................
you guys mixing everything up

Were Napoleon Hitler Staline and others muslims?
What I saw in the Usa was often worse then in THOSE criticized countries.
How can a Rolling Stone board be so extremely fascist?
seeds of dont "HOLD BACK"......?

"Oppress them all and punish them all" words spit out by most of you

10-15-02 02:52 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
icydanger wrote:
Were Napoleon Hitler Staline and others muslims?
What I saw in the Usa was often worse then in THOSE criticized countries.
How can a Rolling Stone board be so extremely fascist?
seeds of dont "HOLD BACK"......?

"Oppress them all and punish them all" words spit out by most of you

I don't think anyone said Napoleon, Hitler, or Staline [sic] were Muslims. Where did you read that?

Just what exactly did you see in the USA that was worse than what you claim to have seen in "those criticized countries"?
10-15-02 03:20 PM
Fiji Joe Were Hitler, Stalin and Napolean muslims? They might as well have been as much as they were stifling the free flow of ideas and maintaining their power via violent tyranny. I don't see your point anyhow. All three of the aforementioned fellas adhered to, as Sirmoonie has so articulately pointed out, systems of government and philosphies that were incompatible with freedom and liberty. Accordingly, they were dealt with. Just as their modern counterparts should be.

Funny that so many of you defenders of Islam are so readily willing to subjugate women and children and reduce their status to that which is below the status of an animal. Such is what you defend.

God bless those who perished in Bali.
10-15-02 03:45 PM
Sir Stonesalot OMG icydanger....what the fuck are YOU smoking?

"Were Napoleon Hitler Staline and others muslims?
What I saw in the Usa was often worse then in THOSE criticized countries."

Very true that none of the above were Islamic. I don't think anyone but you brought up a comparison between the above, and terrorists. IMO, the are not comparable. The above mentioned were military dictators responsible for the deaths of millions. The only person that we are currently talking about that would even come close to that description is Saddam Hussein.

Now, please enlighten me as to what you saw in the USA that looked like a despotic military regime, who sends all undesirables to concentration camps, or firing squads? Do you think places like this message board would have been tolerated in any of those regimes that you mentioned? And since you have first hand experience about what those regimes were like to live under, you must be like hundreds of years old! Was Napoleon short like everyone says?

Man, you are so full of shit that your breath stinks.
10-15-02 04:04 PM
steel driving hammer Why can't we walk this road together?

Why can't we join hands and form a love train?

10-15-02 04:09 PM
Fiji Joe You're preaching to the choir SDH. Post your message on the Islamic Rolling Stones board.
10-15-02 04:12 PM
cocksucker and you mister Double Whopper move over to a Arabic board where they appreciate belly dancers!
10-15-02 04:20 PM
steel driving hammer I'm just typing Rolling Stones lyrics!

War Baby and Love Train!
10-15-02 05:21 PM
icydanger I prone the right to the difference, and putting everyone in the same bag is dangerous. Many Muslims don't have the same opinions as the integrists responsible of such deplorable act. Whereas treating woman like animals, reading some posts here, I question equity of gender.
10-15-02 07:22 PM
justforyou I'm shocked at the attack on Bali, and very worried about a second gulf war, especially since the first one seemed to have sparked more terrorist actions. And then those cruel sniper attacks, damn whats this world comming to ? Peace try to stop the killing..

10-15-02 08:00 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
justforyou wrote:
I'm shocked at the attack on Bali, and very worried about a second gulf war, especially since the first one seemed to have sparked more terrorist actions. And then those cruel sniper attacks, damn whats this world comming to?...

Yeah, know what you mean. But since we have had 4 pages of ranting and bashing people over their heads for their opinions (both 'sides'), we'll never get anywhere with this thread. Most are too convinced of their own opinions (as am I) to take in other points of view.

So let's talk further about the LICKS tour (much better and nicer atmosphere in those threads!) and please moderators, close this thread...
10-15-02 08:18 PM
fmk438j
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Yeah, know what you mean. But since we have had 4 pages of ranting and bashing people over their heads for their opinions (both 'sides'), we'll never get anywhere with this thread. Most are too convinced of their own opinions (as am I) to take in other points of view.

I think as far as these kinds of debates go this thread has been quite civil. I mean, the worst I was called was 'a mexican jumping bean'. There was restraint from personal abuse and I think that's quite knoble, considering the strong thoughts exchanged.
Page: 1 2 3 4