ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

A kiss to the all the nice girls at Rocks Off who make this place so special!
By William Coupon from the "40x20 Exhibition" now on tour...

This header is dedicated to Pammy Mammy!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: To Aussies on the board Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
10-14-02 09:37 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
fmk438j wrote:
I will never say I hate Muslims. Not as long as there is one decent Muslim alive in the world.

Let the flaming begin......

[Edited by fmk438j]

Far from it. That's the one decent thought I've heard all day in this fucked-up world. And it stems from the BIBLE... whoa. Imagine that.

-tSYX --- Who's driving your plane?
10-14-02 10:25 PM
Fiji Joe Yeah, I coined the phrase "global penis envy", but it had nothing to do with those who oppose military action in Iraq. It had more to do with those who take the opposite view of Amerian foreign policy merely to hear themselves speak and without any sound justification for the shit that spews from their mouths. It just so happens that a lot of that BS comes from the mouths of europeans. Although, there is no shortage of passivist nit wits in this country who would watch their own mother be sodimized before they would raise a hand in her defense. I'll simply challenge you to enumerate under what circumstances you feel military action is necessary. That should do away with any useless bantering. I would then no where you're coming from, or who your running from.

As for the "arabic" number system. Give me a fucking break. You don't think human beings would have learned to count in its absence? Besides, numbers never numbed a person's soul or kept his ideas captive. Hence, it never posed a threat to Islam. Then again, if we are trying to be historically accurate. the numeric system developed by the Arab people predates, by far, the founding of the mulsim religion. Accordingly, it cannot be attributed to muslims. In any sense, it ain't nearly as impressive as the boomerang which found its beginnng on the Australian continent. I mean, where would we be without the concept of returning to the point from whence we came? There would be a lot of children's father who would never make it back from the bar.

I tell you what, defenders of Islam. Take your lilly ass to Jakarta or Bagdad and preach your message of tolerance and tell me of the reception you receive. That is the simple test of the bull-shit you spout. I double dog dare ya!

10-14-02 10:39 PM
Fiji Joe And you want to speak of things that make you sick to your stomach FMK? Let me have your e-mail address and I will forward you some of the pictures I took during my summer vacation in Kuwait City, circa 1990.

Preach your shit to your coffee drinking, cigarette smoking, pasty-thighed comrades at the sidewalk cafe', cause I ain't buying it. You're about as enlightened as a mexican jumping bean.
10-15-02 12:08 AM
gypsymofo60 I shouldn't get started on this, but fuck it, I'm jacked! It is reassuring to see Americans being as respectful to the victims of this ACT! As Australians were being respectful a little over 12 months ago, and Australians are grateful for that, but let it be known; many factions, both political, and religious are still at this moment petitioning The Australian government to withdraw it's support of America, and Britain. Our left of center labour party, aligned with various bleeding heart bloody liberals, are calling for Australia to take," a more measured approach". Well! We've seen the measured approach our muslim brethren take, haven't we? And oh yes! I know that's a disgusting generalisation, but an awful lot of so called peaceful muslims seem to have a perverse love of death & destruction, especially when aimed at the affluent West. I know this is not a place for politics, but the thread is started, and I want my two bobs worth. With a measured, and calculated agenda it is time for The West to defend itself accordingly, never mind that dinosaur,(The UN), only a determined coalition can gradually bring this situation to some sort of eventual conclusion, to the West's benefit. The fence sitters in mainland Europe will be the first screaming for American & British boys AGAIN....when the Islamic world begin their push West, so they can just wear the consequences of affirmative action for now. Anyway, I'm off to register for The Scots Guards!.....Yoooo'lll git yers Jimmeh! or Osama, whatever the case maybe.
10-15-02 12:15 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
jb wrote:
By the way, I have a very short fuse on this issue for obvious reasons....however, you have a right to your beliefs and I guess it would be nice if everyone could live in their respective lands in peace, whatever the boundairies....Also, I have tried, Zoloft, Prozac, Paxil, and find that these anti-depressants are not effective for me. I liked Klonopin for sleep and Xanax for depression, but thats just me....it's really trial and error with these drugs...

Try Prozac, Largactil, Prothiedene, and Xanax together, I'm told it's a truly enlighting cocktail.
10-15-02 12:37 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
And you want to speak of things that make you sick to your stomach FMK? Let me have your e-mail address and I will forward you some of the pictures I took during my summer vacation in Kuwait City, circa 1990.

Preach your shit to your coffee drinking, cigarette smoking, pasty-thighed comrades at the sidewalk cafe', cause I ain't buying it. You're about as enlightened as a mexican jumping bean.

TOUCHE! I'm not getting into any personal attacks on this issue, not here , but Fiji you are right on the mark! Saddam Hussein, and his cronies are currently telling the world, well! those who'll listen that America only want to control Gulf oil supplies, funny! Wasn't that his plan when he began his southward push in August 1990? I don't understand how people who live comfortable, self determining lives can condone, or turn ablind eye to the intolerant teachings of fundamentalist Islam. The treatment of women???????? Female circumcision??????Oh yes! The bleeding hearts, doesn't that sit nicely with the cradle of civilisation? Let me tell you all something right now! If we don't stand upand fight now, regardless of politicaly incorrect that may seem, we are going to be living in fear, and desperation for generations to come. Just remember; next time it might be a briefcase NUKE! in New York, or Washington, who knows?
10-15-02 01:12 AM
Stonesthrow If the US had done what I advocated in 1974 (right after the first Arab oil embargo), there would be none of this trouble today. I pushed for a war-time effort to develop solar energy. By or before now, the US would have had free energy, a cleaner environment, and no balance of trade deficit. We also would not be subjected to the whims of the Middle East (im)potentates and the other OPECers. Without the US needing oil, they would be lucky to sell it for 25 cents a barrel. They would have no political clout, Saddam would not have the money to buy weapons of mass destruction, and Al Quaeda would have had no reason to attack the US because we would not have been wasting our time in the Middle East. If only the idiots in Washington had taken their hands out of the pockets of the oil and car lobbies, progress to real independence could have been made.

10-15-02 01:47 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Stonesthrow wrote:
If the US had done what I advocated in 1974 (right after the first Arab oil embargo), there would be none of this trouble today. I pushed for a war-time effort to develop solar energy. By or before now, the US would have had free energy, a cleaner environment, and no balance of trade deficit. We also would not be subjected to the whims of the Middle East (im)potentates and the other OPECers. Without the US needing oil, they would be lucky to sell it for 25 cents a barrel. They would have no political clout, Saddam would not have the money to buy weapons of mass destruction, and Al Quaeda would have had no reason to attack the US because we would not have been wasting our time in the Middle East. If only the idiots in Washington had taken their hands out of the pockets of the oil and car lobbies, progress to real independence could have been made.

No argument from me on that score Stonesthrow, but who really saw solar energy as a viable power source in 1974, I mean I know it was being used, but I remember being about 13/14 at the time thinking; fucking hippies! You will never get anything over the petroleum giants, they rule the fucking world. They say when we go to war, when we dick around at The UN, and when we can take a shit! Having said that, in hindsight we should've, the whole western world moved away from the sword that The OPEC nations hold over our heads a long time ago, but that wouldn't stop despots, and fanatics trying to undermine the resolve of the west to remain free, and clear of primitive intolerance, they would still try to fly planes into skyscrapers.
10-15-02 04:40 AM
Stonesthrow GMF-- I, and many others like me, saw it almost 30 years ago. I was more than 13-14 then and saw what it was like to be at the whims of someone else. It was not pretty. If you have any historical perspective, you will recall the amazing things America accomplished during WWII because it had to do it. That same kind of effort could and should have been undertaken after the 1973 oil embargo. Re the disgruntled oil types flying planes into buildings or doing other mass damage back then, it probably would not have happened. They were almost totally devoid of the technology, the personal skills, and the money to pay for both at that time. They only started to accumulate them later after the big bucks started rolling in. Prior to the embargo, the cost of a barrel of crude was only a few dollars. The only reason we did not make the effort then was a combination of big business lobbying and a short-sighted group of people running the legislative and executive branches of government.

10-15-02 04:46 AM
fmk438j
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
And you want to speak of things that make you sick to your stomach FMK? Let me have your e-mail address and I will forward you some of the pictures I took during my summer vacation in Kuwait City, circa 1990.

Look, I'm not good at all this so I'll keep it brief.
First, my email is in my profile at all times. If you got things to say or show you think I can learn from, I welcome you, as long as its not outright slander.
Second, I don't see what sending the images (which I'm sure are the stuff of nightmares) will prove. That we should get in there and see it all again? More carnage?
I said what I think already. That's all I got to say. I'm not going to ram it down yours or anyone else's throat.

quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Whatever you think of my views, don't accuse me of preaching. In my 2+ years on stones message boards I have had to read hundreds (don't give me that 'if you don't like it, don't read it') of posts on how great George Bush is and on everything else political I'm not keen on. Most of this stuff is preaching because more than half the time it hasn't been relavent nor called for.

So now, for the first time I can remember, I raise my voice on a political issue on a board, at the one time where the issue affects me most directly - don't you dare tell me I'm 'preaching'. That is a fucking lie.

[Edited by fmk438j]
10-15-02 06:05 AM
Scot Rocks First of all

1 - Don't tarnish Muslims with the same brush, tsyx is right, in that sense and I would agree with him that our religion (catholic) hasn't been perfect over the years, the fact is DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A RELIGIOUS WAR!!!! This is what these extremists want.

2 - The war in Iraq, is simply about oil and power, if the breaking of UN resolutions was such a concern, then why ignore the others who have ignored them, like the Israeli occupation. Who helped Iraq develop these weapons that it had before the war in 1991, the west, these same weapons were rumoured to have been used on UN forces - Gulf War Syndrome - Think what the consequences will be: more terrorist attacks, more instability, increased tension, a rise in islamic extremism and possible overthrow of more moderate regimes by extremists. Is it worth this for filling the pockets of the corrupt at the top? Saddam is a cunt, we all know that, but in the curremt climate is this the right route to go?

3 - People should be more worried about their loss of civil liberties to the state, with people like Ashcroft and Blunket here, who recently wanted us all to have a national id card holding all our info, on a national database and letting local authorities and companies to see our details.

4 - I ain't no peace freak...I love Dirty Work!!!!

Mark
10-15-02 06:46 AM
gypsymofo60 Scott, If there weren't so many atrocities like 9/11, and the recent Bali bombing attributed to the peace loving proponents of Islam, then we wouldn't be tarnishing them all with the same brush. Which by the way was never more obvious coming from the side that screams generalisations, and racism as when Palestinians were cheering in the streets as soon as word of 9/11 reached that part of the world. I used to be one of those pacifist, bleeding heart liberals, but sadly many of these VICTIMS??????turned me into something I would rather have avoided being. Now I see it as an inevitable opening of the eyes. Blunket, and many like him are tired of having the hospitality offered these people as immigrants thrown back in thieir faces. When mosques in Bradford, or in Brixton are being used to recruit soldiers for Islam, in their Jihad, I find it very hard, no impossible to extend the logic of reason, and tolerance.
10-15-02 07:11 AM
Pants Make the Man
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
Wow. This just sucks. I offer, for what it's worth, my condolences to the Australians. They stand by us, friendly people, and that's what they get? That's just wrong.

Now... to blast all you Muslim-haters...

How about *numbers*? We call our current Base Ten Numbering system the Arabic System... I wonder why? Or how about modern advances all sciences, from physics, astronomy, medicine, on and on... they all occured from around 900 to 1100 - in areas where Muslims and Jews were living in peace at the time of the xenophobic Jewish putdowns in Western Europe. So I would say that none of us would be alive today if it wasn't for the Muslim religion. So don't make generalizations like that. I can't stand it when people say "Oh, you're *Irish*" and expect me to whip out a Guinness and chug it for their pleasure, then write the greatest work of fiction imaginable. (No one in America is American except for those poor Native Americans - we all go by when we came over, and my bloodline has remained miraculously all Irish since 1842 when we came over. I think I might have had a German great-great-aunt, but that's about it.)

Yeah, and I'm Catholic, so you can't catch me there, either. My religion's done a lot of nasty shit in the past few millenia, and continues today. But I try and work around it, work at it from the inside. That's where change comes from. You can't just generalize like that - it's ignorance like that that causes the terrorists to hate us - because jerkoffs like Osama say "*Everyone* in America is rich, Jewish (and then he goes off and says how Jews are somehow bad... I don't fucking understand people at all), and tries purposefully, every waking hour of their lives, to step on the Third World. It's not true at all, but those people are so desperate they just need scapegoats to feel better, because when they've got nothing, what have they got to lose?

My sympathy to the Australians.

-tSYX --- The blue light was my baby, and the red light was my mind...

"Muslim hater's"? You better stop that bleeding heart bullshit, Zxy. It's the Christian-Jewish-Buddhist hater's that need a good blast or two. Have you been asleep the last two year's? Will you finally wake up when a suitcase nuke goes off without warning somewhere in the West (which, it seem's, is only a matter of time)? And after that thing that went down in Bali over the weekend you're preaching about who invented the ZERO?! Wake up, man!! "Muslim hater's" doesn't have shit to do with it.
10-15-02 07:25 AM
JaggaRichards The storm is threating....OUR lives today......
10-15-02 07:55 AM
Maxlugar 1) Fiji I want to see those pictures from Kuwait!

2) I agree we should get off oil (at least middle eastern oil) within 50 years. But solar aint gonna do it. When you can power a 747, a cargo ship or heat your house in the dead of winter with solar energy, I'll let my dog butt fuck me. What the hell are we going to do when it's overcast for a week straight? Let the country grind to a halt? A neighbor of mine has solar cells on his roof to heat his hot water. It can't even do a good job of that.

3) The coming war with Iraq is about nuclear weapons. Saddam himself might not use it but he sure as shit would let Osama's boys run with one.

STONES!

Maxy!
10-15-02 07:58 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Pants Make the Man wrote:
"Muslim hater's"? You better stop that bleeding heart bullshit, Zxy. It's the Christian-Jewish-Buddhist hater's that need a good blast or two. Have you been asleep the last two year's? Will you finally wake up when a suitcase nuke goes off without warning somewhere in the West (which, it seem's, is only a matter of time)? And after that thing that went down in Bali over the weekend you're preaching about who invented the ZERO?! Wake up, man!! "Muslim hater's" doesn't have shit to do with it.

Actually, every time you make a generalization against Muslims it becomes a tool for those fucking extremists to use against the West. They can point to what you said (not that they'd ever read this message board - Rolling Stones: Heathens And We Like 'Em!), hypothetically, and say "See? All Westerners hate Muslims because of stuff like this. They use your own argument ("All Muslims are x") against you, replacing 'muslims' with 'americans'. Now we know that's not true - neither is it true about Muslims! The minute you equate those lunatics out there in Al-Queda with the Muslim faith at whole is the minute we lose this war - because we're giving them the hatred that they want so desprately to be true.

Not to mention that idiot Bush's plan about Post-war Iraq plays right into their hands. What a friggin' moron. Almost makes me want to be a democrat, but they're just as bad. Still a republican, but it's the Party Of Lincoln to me - If we prove that we don't hate a people indiscriminately, they don't have a leg to stand on.

-tSYX --- Only rock'n'roll!
10-15-02 08:16 AM
Maxlugar "The minute you equate those lunatics out there in Al-Queda with the Muslim faith at whole is the minute we lose this war - because we're giving them the hatred that they want so desprately to be true."

Gee, you think they might get mad? Mad enough to, I don't know, pilot two airliners full of innocent people into the twin towers and destroy them in a fiery, mass murdering orgy of death?

It's a little late to be worrying about their feelings.

Time for some massive payback.

The only thing they understand and respect is power.

They consider negotiation a sign of weakness.
10-15-02 08:25 AM
Pants Make the Man Sorry, Zxy. I've got no time for that nonsense. You don't strike me as an idiot, but you seem to be a slow learner on this particular subject. You'll learn soon enough. Later, alligator.
10-15-02 09:13 AM
fmk438j
quote:
Pants Make the Man wrote:
Sorry, Zxy. I've got no time for that nonsense. You don't strike me as an idiot, but you seem to be a slow learner on this particular subject. You'll learn soon enough. Later, alligator.

My post has no particular point, but get this, dudes. The only three posters in this thread with views against the flow are me, Scott Rocks, and Xyzz. Our respective ages are (if I recall correctly) 21, 20 and 17.

The rest of you may point to this as the idealism, foolishness and naivity of youth. And, that with a bit of life experience we'll come round to the truth - that life ain't rosy, that the world is fucked, and the best we can do whilste being raped is make it an orgy and fuck everyone.
You may be right. I hope you're wrong.
10-15-02 09:30 AM
Sir Stonesalot I lived with terrorism for 3 years while I was stationed in Germany. Guys getting kidnapped and having their throats slit for their military ID cards, "GI" discos getting blown up, molotov cocktails getting tossed onto passing US convoys. We lost a guy from my platoon to a bomb blast in a disco. I personally, emptied my .45 into a car load of Red Army Faction who tried to snatch one of our Generals at a parade. I KNOW all about terrorism. There is only ONE WAY to deal with them. Extermination. PERIOD. You cannot talk to these people rationally because they are not rational people. I also understand that not all terrorists are Islamic. But guess what, the really dangerous ones are Islamic. And that is where you start. Take on the worst of the bunch and fucking tear their throats out and shit down their necks. Then see what happens with the other non-Islamic terrorists. Let's see how anxious they are to stand up and shake their fists and rattle their swords after that.

If you really want to end terrorism, you have to take away it's funding, and it's safe harbour. That flushes them out into the open where we can squash them like the vermin that they are. This is why we go to Afghanistan, and this is why we should go to Iraq. One by one we take away their hiding holes, until they are only left with one option, expose themselves and die.

Like it or not, the US is the big dog on this planet. We don't really need the rest of the planet's blessing. We can fucking turn Iraq into a parking lot, and there is NOTHING that anyone can do about it. Yet, we don't do that do we. No we don't. Because we have a fundemental compulsion to be a good world neighbor. We understand that the things we do can make global impact. This is something that these terrorists take advantage of. They don't give a flying fuck what anyone thinks. They act.

So how many more innocent people...like jb's neice, like SDH's aunt, have to die before we act?

I say it is time to let the big dog off of the short leash. He's got some terrorist hearts to rip out.

It's easy for people who haven't felt terrorism first hand to say that a violent response is wrong....that we have brought this on ourselves because we want the world to br safe and free. Tell that to the children in NYC, Sydney, and Tel Aviv who will grow up without Dad or Mom.

I say it is time to put an end to this. NOW. And fuck anyone who thinks we shouldn't. Funny, all we want to do is save the world, and people want to bitch about it.
10-15-02 09:43 AM
Pants Make the Man
quote:
fmk438j wrote:

My post has no particular point, but get this, dudes. The only three posters in this thread with views against the flow are me, Scott Rocks, and Xyzz. Our respective ages are (if I recall correctly) 21, 20 and 17.

The rest of you may point to this as the idealism, foolishness and naivity of youth. And, that with a bit of life experience we'll come round to the truth - that life ain't rosy, that the world is fucked, and the best we can do whilste being raped is make it an orgy and fuck everyone.
You may be right. I hope you're wrong.

If you want to know what's going on, but I don't know how you can't see what's happening by now, go back up and read Maxy Churchill's previous post, letter by letter. Then go back and read it again, letter by letter.
10-15-02 09:45 AM
cocksucker to the belly dancer from the fiji islands: buy Jeruzalem and listen to John Walkers Blues instead of proclaiming your blunt McDonald's remarks
10-15-02 10:08 AM
Maxlugar "I personally, emptied my .45 into a car load of Red Army Faction"

I love you.

You are my favorite poster for exactly 365 days starting now. Maybe longer.

Maxy!
10-15-02 10:08 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Oh, I'm not advocating clemency for the Terrorists, at all - beat the living crap outta them, for sure. But we have to make a distinction between Musilms, many of whom are just citizens of our respective countries, and Islamic Extremists, who are crazy evil creatures who use a decentralized religion in order to twist the Koran to give people who have nothing someone to blame.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I agree with ya, Sir Stonesalot, there can be no negotion with these guys. But we have to realize the difference between 'all Muslims' and 'those lunatics like Osama Bin Dickhead'.

-tSYX --- Ooo... storm is threatnin'...
10-15-02 10:11 AM
Maxlugar Kill 'em all and let Allah sort them out!

10-15-02 10:14 AM
cocksucker TheSavageYoungXyzzy is a very wise young man: i would call him the SavageWiseXyzzy

sincerely,
cocksucker
10-15-02 10:26 AM
Sir Stonesalot And now you get to the crux of the Islamic problem Xyzzy.

When we go after these needle dicked bug fuckers, we gotta trample all over their homelands to flush the nasties out. That pisses even MORE of them off to the point that they will try to kill our fighting men.

It's simple, really. The Prez gits his silly ass on the tube and says, "It's go time. If you ain't with us, you are against us, and you will be treated accordingly."

Those that choose to shake their fists and burn our flag and shoot off their AKs in the streets...they get in a world of hurt. Those that want to protest diplomatically have their economy go in the toilet.

Get on the bus, or get run over.
10-15-02 10:38 AM
gypsymofo60 Sir Stonesalot hits the nail on the head again! Until you've been touched by terrorism it's all so much scenery. Newspaper fodder, until one morning it's your city, your loved ones, your grief. Ask the loved ones of the victims of 9/11 to be politicaly correct about terrorist regimes, the perpertrators, the sponsors, ask them to be tolerant of Islamic regimes that do stuff all to curb terrorism, and yet ask us not to generalise. There is a cancer spreading throughout the world, a cancer that should have been excised after Munich '72, it wasn't, and now it's encroaching on the major organs. When Washington, or New York, or London is a radio-active slag heap, I'm sure we'll all sleep better for the knowledge that we never generalised about the Muslim world.
10-15-02 10:44 AM
Stonesthrow Maxy-- You missed my point about solar energy. You are right that in today's market, we can't do the things you describe (like solar power a jetliner or store power during cloudy days) specifically because we didn't go into a war-time effort to develop solar in 1974. Had we done so then, problems of the sort you describe would have been addressed and resolved by now. And who is to say the technology to solar power a plane or store energy during cloudy times isn't out there already? If so, it is not yet cheap enough for mass market usage, again because the effort was not made years ago.

The financial, environmental, and certainly politicial upside to solar is too great to ignore.
10-15-02 10:45 AM
Pants Make the Man I'll catch a plane to Sweden, hitch-hike on thru eastern europe, work my way down thru Turkey, hop a camel across Syria, and put a bullet in Saddam's rotten head myself if I have to. Of course, we'd still have Muslim nutball's teeming throughout the U.S. and Europe. Unh, maybe we should think about rounding those animal's up. If only I were president of the United States...
Page: 1 2 3 4