ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Philips Arena Atlanta, GA - October 15th 2005
© Kim Smith with thanks to Montana!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Torture Case Thrown Out Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
9th October 2007 02:25 PM
Jumping Jack You can never have too many name calling, bitch slapping political threads. Knock yourselves out lefties:

Court nixes suit claiming CIA torture

Justices throw out German’s challenge to alleged abduction by U.S. agents
The Associated Press
Updated: 10:22 a.m. ET Oct 9, 2007

WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court on Tuesday terminated a lawsuit from a man who claims he was abducted and tortured by the CIA, effectively endorsing Bush administration arguments that state secrets would be revealed if the case were allowed to proceed.

Khaled el-Masri, 44, alleged that he was kidnapped by CIA agents in Europe and held in an Afghan prison for four months in a case of mistaken identity.

The administration has not publicly acknowledged that el-Masri was detained, and lower courts dismissed his suit after the administration asserted that state secrets would be revealed if the lawsuit were not blocked. The justices rejected his appeal without comment.

The case had been seen as a test of the administration’s legal strategy to stop it and several other national security lawsuits by invoking the doctrine of state secrets. Another lawsuit over the administration’s warrantless wiretapping program, also dismissed on state secrets grounds, still is pending before the justices.

A coalition of groups favoring greater openness in government says the Bush administration has used the state secrets privilege much more often than its predecessors.

At the height of Cold War tensions between the United States and the former Soviet Union, U.S. presidents used the state secrets privilege six times from 1953 to 1976, according to OpenTheGovernment.org. Since 2001, it has been used 39 times, enabling the government to unilaterally withhold documents from the court system, the group said.

El-Masri’s case centers on the CIA’s “extraordinary rendition” program, in which terrorism suspects are captured and taken to foreign countries for interrogation. Human rights groups have heavily criticized the program.

President Bush has repeatedly defended the policies in the war on terror, saying as recently as last week that the U.S. does not engage in torture.

El-Masri, a German citizen of Lebanese descent, says he was mistakenly identified as an associate of the Sept. 11 hijackers and was detained while attempting to enter Macedonia on New Year’s Eve 2003.

He claims that CIA agents stripped, beat, shackled, diapered, drugged and chained him to the floor of a plane for a flight to Afghanistan. He says he was held for four months in a CIA-run prison known as the “salt pit” in the Afghan capital of Kabul. The lawsuit sought damages of at least $75,000.

‘I don’t believe what he says’
The U.S. government has neither confirmed nor denied el-Masri’s account. But German Chancellor Angela Merkel has said that U.S. officials acknowledged that El-Masri’s detention was a mistake.

El-Masri’s account also has been bolstered by European investigations and U.S. news reports. In January, German prosecutors issued arrest warrants for 13 suspected CIA agents who allegedly took part in the operation against him.

El-Masri’s lawyers also tried to use a comment by former CIA director George Tenet to show that both the program and el-Masri’s case are well-known to the public.

Rather than refuse to comment when asked about El-Masri’s claims, Tenet told CNN in May, “I don’t believe what he says is true.”

The state secrets privilege arose from a 1953 Supreme Court ruling that allowed the executive branch to keep secret, even from the court, details about a military plane’s fatal crash.

Three widows sued to get the accident report after their husbands died aboard a B-29 bomber, but the Air Force refused to release it claiming that the plane was on a secret mission to test new equipment. The high court accepted the argument, but when the report was released decades later there was nothing in it about a secret mission or equipment.

The case is El-Masri v. U.S., 06-1613.

© 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21205942/

9th October 2007 02:32 PM
pdog torture sounds like fun, until somebody gets an eye poked out.
9th October 2007 02:33 PM
robpop This Van Halen bullshit has gotta stop. I got a plan, to end it all, a good plan. May involve waterboarding.
9th October 2007 02:36 PM
monkey_man YEEEAAAA TORTURE WINS!!!!!!!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
9th October 2007 02:44 PM
Fiji Joe
[Edited by Fiji Joe]
9th October 2007 03:26 PM
pdog Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
9th October 2007 03:31 PM
Fiji Joe Jesus would torture the jews...cause payback's a bitch!
9th October 2007 03:37 PM
robpop As asked for....

9th October 2007 03:41 PM
Joey
quote:
robpop wrote:
This Van Halen bullshit has gotta stop. I got a plan, to end it all, a good plan. May involve waterboarding.

9th October 2007 04:13 PM
pdog Everytime Joey posts, we are tortured!
9th October 2007 04:26 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

**********NEW MATERIAL ALERT********
9th October 2007 04:32 PM
robpop
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

**********NEW MATERIAL ALERT********

9th October 2007 06:36 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:
Everytime Joey posts, we are tortured!

Poi Dog Pondering ........

That is " Brazen Head Postin' "

www.BrazenHeadPub.com

YES !!!!!!!!!!!

J. " Snuggles " Fly !!!!
9th October 2007 07:12 PM
mojoman the germans are questioning the united states on the use of torture?
9th October 2007 08:47 PM
pdog
quote:
mojoman wrote:
the germans are questioning the united states on the use of torture?

Ask yourself this... How much of my computer was made in Asia?
9th October 2007 08:58 PM
pdog
quote:
robpop wrote:
I refuse to get in a pissing match against each other as this thread was inteaded to do.

We have ways of making you fight... You won't be so passive after we electrocute your balls.
9th October 2007 09:45 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I guess the bottom line is "trust your government."
10th October 2007 12:24 AM
pdog isn't it refreshing to live in a country that openly discusses torturing people, there was a time when it was such a taboo topic.
10th October 2007 12:50 AM
pdog good times

10th October 2007 01:03 AM
Fiji Joe In some cities, people consent to being tortured....caraaaazzzzzzyyyyyyyyyyyy

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
10th October 2007 01:06 AM
pdog This one is my favorite

10th October 2007 01:40 AM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
In some cities, people consent to being tortured....caraaaazzzzzzyyyyyyyyyyyy

Holy crap!!!
10th October 2007 08:41 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

LOL.
I enjoy a little bit of light tickling once in awhile but that's as far as it goes. I have 0 tolerance for pain.

10th October 2007 09:47 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

Holy crap!!!

Holy crap?...it's your town...you never given anyone a ride to Folsom Street?

I had to remove the earlier picture...I didn't really look at it close enough before I posted it...now I gotta spend the rest of the day thinking happy thoughts
10th October 2007 10:48 AM
Joey
quote:
mojoman wrote:
the germans are questioning the united states on the use of torture?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10th October 2007 11:42 AM
Riffhard
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

[Edited by Fiji Joe]

Now now Feej! You can't tell me that that is torture! Well, unless, of course, you're talking about the toture of having to live a city that promotes that kind of behaviour on the tax payer's dime!

I mean if the city of San Fran wants to ban the US Marines from shooting a commercial in their fair city and instead would rather give these upstanding folks free reign who are we to argue, or judge?!

You make it seem like we should be offended by the public display of these patriotic Americans enjoying their God given right to jerk each other off on a public street!

Next thing you know you're gonna do is tell me that you think it's immoral to allow open cocksucking on a public street that is being patroled by indifferent police officers that are being paid with American tax dollars!

And plesase don't tell me that any crazy Bible thumper should be offended by little things like novalty Jesus ass plugs and crusifix dildos. I mean can't wwe just all accept the fact that 2% of the popuylation has the right to offend the other 98% of the population in this country! If you dare speak out agaiinst this you are, without question, a homophobe!!

This is just good ol' whiolesome American fun! It's as American as apple pie!

Ladies and Gents I give you the fall of the USA! Take a good look folks! This is the kind of shit that Nancy fucking Pelosi thinks we should all accept as the beauty of *Alternative lifestyles! Be proud liberals! Be very proud!

Riffy
10th October 2007 11:45 AM
Fiji Joe I'm glad you posted that Riff...I anticipate my afternoon's comic relief coming in the form of someone trying to defend that behavior
10th October 2007 11:58 AM
Riffhard
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
I'm glad you posted that Riff...I anticipate my afternoon's comic relief coming in the form of someone trying to defend that behavior

Notice how there are no Mohammad ass plugs or Allah dildos? Wonder why that is? Hell I didn't even see a Star of David ass toy! Seems like these God fearing Americans are all Christians!

Fucking freaks!

I mean it's just your typical Folsom Street Fair activities at "play" here. Who cares that laws are openly being violated? It's all about acceptance! How dare we judge these fine folks!

So when I see a Jesus ass plug does that mean that these freaks are judging Christians? Or are they just poking a little innocent fun at organized religion? I guess we should just accept the fact that they want to ram a religious symbol worshipped by millions up their asses! After all if we act offended we are just labeled the "crazy Religious Right"!

Riffy
10th October 2007 12:08 PM
Fiji Joe I tell ya, if they were shoving Oprah dildos up their ass these butt pirates would be hanging from street lamps
10th October 2007 12:41 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Now now Feej! You can't tell me that that is torture! Well, unless, of course, you're talking about the toture of having to live a city that promotes that kind of behaviour on the tax payer's dime!

I mean if the city of San Fran wants to ban the US Marines from shooting a commercial in their fair city and instead would rather give these upstanding folks free reign who are we to argue, or judge?!

You make it seem like we should be offended by the public display of these patriotic Americans enjoying their God given right to jerk each other off on a public street!

Next thing you know you're gonna do is tell me that you think it's immoral to allow open cocksucking on a public street that is being patroled by indifferent police officers that are being paid with American tax dollars!

And plesase don't tell me that any crazy Bible thumper should be offended by little things like novalty Jesus ass plugs and crusifix dildos. I mean can't wwe just all accept the fact that 2% of the popuylation has the right to offend the other 98% of the population in this country! If you dare speak out agaiinst this you are, without question, a homophobe!!

This is just good ol' whiolesome American fun! It's as American as apple pie!

Ladies and Gents I give you the fall of the USA! Take a good look folks! This is the kind of shit that Nancy fucking Pelosi thinks we should all accept as the beauty of *Alternative lifestyles! Be proud liberals! Be very proud!

Riffy

Hey RO is a family oriented site! There is no reasons to be putting up all these pictures that you like to look at in the privacy of your own home. I mean we were all minding our business and you gotta start posting your perverseness up on a Stones site. . .
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)