ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Scott Stadium, Charlottesville, VA-6th October 2005
Đ Marisa Roman, Daily Progress and Richmond Times Dispatch with thanks to moy and Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Brian Jones Museum and Exhibition. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
14th September 2007 12:59 AM
oldkr I can see from some of the views the truth is about as clear and tangible as an oasis in the Jajouka mountains

OLDKR
14th September 2007 01:23 AM
gypsy
quote:
oldkr wrote:
I can see from some of the views the truth is about as clear and tangible as an oasis in the Jajouka mountains

OLDKR

You just can't make stuff like that up. It's, like, one of the best quotes ever.
14th September 2007 01:49 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Dr Iff wrote:
Why did Mick chase Brian through the moat?

I never read these threads, but something external caught my discerning eye.

Did the Stones really have a moat? God, I love the Stones. I mean, what kind of band has a blimp and a goddam moat? The best band, that's what kind of band. The band with a blimp and a goddam moat.
14th September 2007 02:28 AM
GhostofBrianJones

quote:
oldkr wrote:
I could put out a plea for donations and raise $50,000 lets say, and then I could post on my website that I had raised $5,00 AND I could put my email address there too!

I suppose the "future" BBC doc is based on the same "future" in which Trevor will reveal the secrets of Brians death?

This is the regional arm of the BBC- BBC Midlands who put together a 10 minute skit of tired but loveable pics and info about Brian.It presents no evidence of an investigation. The 90 minute documentray will never be made because the investigation will never advance.

The main objective of the british AG is to provide legal advice to the PM and determine the legality of any actions by the legislative houses. The power of prosecution, the power to overturn a judgement falls to the CPS.

I have consulted for the BBC and ITN on stones related news stories, I have to say I got no emails from wood lane about this - probably a good thing too!

OLDKR

Wait a minute, back up....Let me get this information straight. The British
AG provides legal service to the Prime Minister to determine the legality
of actions by the politicians below them???!!

Who is Wood Lane!?

Could you maybe elaborate please? This is very interesting. Thanks.
14th September 2007 04:42 AM
swapwoodfortaylor Wood Lane is a reference to BBC's 'Head Office'. A place as opposed to a person.
14th September 2007 08:09 AM
Dr Iff Naturally, we're all speculating. The moat...I forget. Was it at one of the Stones' homes? Maybe someone in a position to criticize my speculation would know. I read it on a website.
14th September 2007 10:48 AM
GhostofBrianJones The only moats I have heard of is the one where they went to Beggars Banquet
and there was one there, and there was another one around one of their
homes where Mick and Brian got into a fight and went in. If there are any
other moats in connection with the Stones I can't remember right now.
14th September 2007 01:31 PM
Philip The moat around Redlands.
14th September 2007 01:57 PM
oldkr Ghost,

Wood Lane is the street on which the BBC headquarters are located.

The British Attorney General (AG) is the person (or rather office) that Trevor and his band of merry men have appealed to, but as stated above the AG cannot help them.

OLDKR
14th September 2007 02:30 PM
GhostofBrianJones Okay now if the AG cannot help them where would they go next?

Thank You for explaining this to me, I really appreciate it as I know nothing
about the Law in the UK. I just barely know it here. He supposedly has
a firm helping him I think it is indicated on the website if I remember right.
Maybe they will find another avenue of action to pursue legally if they are not
getting the cooperation they need. You seem very knowledgeable on this
and it is very interesting.
14th September 2007 04:10 PM
oldkr The investigatio cannot progress towards a conclusion. The police will not re-open the case. No amount of lawyers will change the fact that the police will not re-open the case. Without the help of the police, the crown prosecution service - and finally the AG - because they'll have to run any new verdicts through judicial proceedings- they would be able to have the cause of death changed and brians "good name" restored.

There is no way that is going to happen. The Police have more important things on there minds than a 40 year old open and shut case. I*t doesnt matter if the drugs he had taken were prescrition or not, prescription drugs can still interact with one another especially if you add a fairly substantial amount of alcohol to the mix. Doesnt matter how strong of a swimmer he was. If the drugs were taking effect he may have had some motor troubles.

There is no way to actually prove what happened that night. Trevor wasnt there and his lawyers must be jerking him because he doesnt have standing, nor can he be named an interested party to Brian. Too many people have died.

My advice to Trevor would be to seek professional help to allow him to cope with the fact that brian died a sad and lost drunken drug addict (oh he was cleaning up and about to do the most amazing work ever to grace human ears- i forgot) then he may be able to move on. Instead he continues to drag people into his whirlpool of delusion.

A whirlpool of secrecy, death-threats and possible under-world connections are enough to keep epeople interested. They are also self-proving fallacies. In that you can't reveal news because its secret, its secret because you cant reveal news.

Trevor is stringing along a bunch of sensitive fans who admire or admired brian. While I could care less what happened to brian, personally, I think its sick that this man is allowed to continue stringing people along.

If he was that serious he would have set up a public charity and put his work in the public domain. Then at least there would be enough transparency to prove sincerity.

OLDKR
14th September 2007 06:13 PM
gypsy
quote:
Philip wrote:
The moat around Redlands.

How could anyone forget that? And the damn hovercraft?
14th September 2007 06:55 PM
BriansBabe [quote]oldkr wrote:
My advice to Trevor would be to seek professional help to allow him to cope with the fact that brian died a sad and lost drunken drug addict (oh he was cleaning up and about to do the most amazing work ever to grace human ears- i forgot) then he may be able to move on. Instead he continues to drag people into his whirlpool of delusion.

In that case I need professional help as well, cause I donīt believe in this addict story!!!

Trevor is stringing along a bunch of sensitive fans who admire or admired brian. While I could care less what happened to brian, personally, I think its sick that this man is allowed to continue stringing people along.

And I care less what Trevor have in his mind!!! I only care what happened to Brian! I have my own opinion, I really donīt need Trevor for that!

If he want make money with his actions surround Brian, so what? Things saddly went like this,right? For example, M. Cohl, we all know, that he only cares for money, or not?
But we pay the front row tickets for a Stones Concert, because we love them...

And I will visit that Brian museum pub, because I love
Brian and the Stones...

BriansBabe

[Edited by BriansBabe]
14th September 2007 09:51 PM
Dr Iff
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Do you now what the fight was about? I'd hate to speculate.
14th September 2007 10:24 PM
oldkr probably brian failing to turn up for shows.

OLDKR
15th September 2007 01:03 AM
gypsy
quote:
Dr Iff wrote:

Do you now what the fight was about? I'd hate to speculate.

About Brian being a poncey little pain in the arse.
15th September 2007 05:04 AM
Philip
quote:
gypsy wrote:

And the water rats! :-()
15th September 2007 05:40 PM
The Porkchop Express
quote:
oldkr wrote:
This is the regional arm of the BBC- BBC Midlands who put together a 10 minute skit of tired but loveable pics and info about Brian.It presents no evidence of an investigation. The 90 minute documentray will never be made because the investigation will never advance.

The BBC could not reveal anything serious or revealing regarding the investigation due to legal constraints.

Wow, looks like we have someone else who knows everything, has all the answers and is privy to BBC inside information. Perhaps you could pass that crystal ball of yours around.

quote:
oldkr wrote:
The main objective of the british AG is to provide legal advice to the PM and determine the legality of any actions by the legislative houses. The power of prosecution, the power to overturn a judgement falls to the CPS.

I have consulted for the BBC and ITN on stones related news stories, I have to say I got no emails from wood lane about this - probably a good thing too!

OLDKR

That's because the Rolling Stones Corporation will have nothing to do with this.

quote:
oldkr wrote:
The investigatio cannot progress towards a conclusion. The police will not re-open the case. No amount of lawyers will change the fact that the police will not re-open the case. Without the help of the police, the crown prosecution service - and finally the AG - because they'll have to run any new verdicts through judicial proceedings- they would be able to have the cause of death changed and brians "good name" restored.

Wow, again with the crystal ball. You clearly know everything. Oh, and you have to love it how he put the quotations around the words good name. Whereas Keith Richards is such a beacon of moral behaviour.

quote:
oldkr wrote:
There is no way that is going to happen.

And just how do you know?

quote:
oldkr wrote:
The Police have more important things on there minds than a 40 year old open and shut case.

Another one who has clearly demonstrated that they know nothing about Brian's death.

quote:
oldkr wrote:
I*t doesnt matter if the drugs he had taken were prescrition or not, prescription drugs can still interact with one another especially if you add a fairly substantial amount of alcohol to the mix. Doesnt matter how strong of a swimmer he was. If the drugs were taking effect he may have had some motor troubles.

Keep dreaming.

quote:
oldkr wrote:
There is no way to actually prove what happened that night.

Again, how do you know?

quote:
oldkr wrote:
Trevor wasnt there and his lawyers must be jerking him because he doesnt have standing, nor can he be named an interested party to Brian. Too many people have died.

Of course he wasn't there, but there were witnesses who were never interviewed.

quote:
oldkr wrote:

My advice to you (and all Mick/Keith fanatics) is take a deep breath, and chill out with the vehement, wrathful, spiteful Brian Jones-hating. It really is disturbing and alarming just how much hatred there is for anything to do with Brian.

quote:
oldkr wrote:
A whirlpool of secrecy, death-threats and possible under-world connections are enough to keep epeople interested. They are also self-proving fallacies.

Again, how do you know?

quote:
oldkr wrote:
Trevor is stringing along a bunch of sensitive fans who admire or admired brian. While I could care less what happened to brian, personally, I think its sick that this man is allowed to continue stringing people along

What's sick and disturbing is that Mick/Keith fanatics make generalizations and dismissive, nasty, and insulting conclusions about an individual they know absolutely nothing about.

quote:
oldkr wrote:
If he was that serious he would have set up a public charity and put his work in the public domain. Then at least there would be enough transparency to prove sincerity.

Sorry, but it doesn't work that way. He's not going to disregard legal advice and jeopardize everything to please and satisfy assholes such as yourself.

quote:
gypsy wrote:
About Brian being a poncey little pain in the arse.

I'm glad Brian pissed off Prick and Thief. Those two scrawny jealous egomaniacs (one a disgusting degenerate heroin addict alcoholic, the other only cares about money) deserved it.
15th September 2007 05:50 PM
gypsy
quote:
The Porkchop Express wrote:

I'm glad Brian pissed off Prick and Thief. Those two scrawny jealous egomaniacs (one a disgusting degenerate heroin addict alcoholic, the other only cares about money) deserved it.

Drowning is a really terrible way to die. One of the worst ways to go, really.
15th September 2007 09:09 PM
Dr Iff Now we're speculating. Personally I'd prefer it to burning,or debilitating illness like Alzheimer's or cancer. Since we're only given one life(that I can remember), I imagine it'd be very hard to make a comparison.
[Edited by Dr Iff]
16th September 2007 12:41 AM
oldkr How do I know? I'll tell you how I know. I'm a sensible person. I'm able to view the case objectively, because I do not care what happened.

It seems you are far more spiteful toward me than I am toward you.

I put "good name" in quotation marks because we will never know one way or the other. We didn't know him peronally and there are very few objective primary assessments of brian. I made no mention of keith or mick you projected your own feelings on to me there.

Oh and those that were never interviewd? eye witness statements are dubious at the best of times. 40 year old eye witness statements might as well be fantasy.

Exactly...Trev can't put his investgation in jeopardy by being honest and filing in the public domain because he has nothing.

How do I know the police have better things on their mind than a 40 year old open and shut case? Because I can read crime figures and see that they are clearly busy with other things and massively under staffed as it is!

How do I know it was an open and shut case - well, supposed brian "fans"- those that are currently making a mockery of his life and work by scamming the niave continually tell me who quick and neglectful the case was.

How do I know you're incapable of digesting a single thing I type? look up cognitive dissonance.

do I need to continue humiliating you... or are we done here?

OLDKR

[Edited by oldkr]
16th September 2007 11:23 AM
BriansBabe You humiliating us ALL here with your post!!!
Well, be proud of yourself...
16th September 2007 11:45 AM
stewed & Keefed This post is about the The Brian Jones Museum and Exhibition.Not about what Brian was or was not,or about his death or the investigation.
16th September 2007 12:26 PM
GhostofBrianJones Yes you are right Steve, guess things got off track.
16th September 2007 08:40 PM
oldkr Ok this museum- really a wall in a shed next to a pub is an embarassment and will go the same way as the statue which trevor had nothing to do with, and his investigation of brians death.

I have realized no matter how rational I am some people clearly hold very strong and irrational convictions about trev and his "investigation" - that is fine! as long as you're not hurting anyone - just don't expect general respect in the stones fan community.

OLDKR
16th September 2007 09:24 PM
Wide As The Clyde Disgraceful. Absolutely fucking disgraceful.
16th September 2007 10:50 PM
BrianGotHisRocksOff God, why doesn't Pat give it a rest?
17th September 2007 01:27 AM
GhostofBrianJones Good idea give it a rest. Try something else.

17th September 2007 05:21 PM
Back Street Girl
quote:
oldkr wrote:
Ok this museum- really a wall in a shed next to a pub is an embarassment and will go the same way as the statue which trevor had nothing to do with, and his investigation of brians death.

I have realized no matter how rational I am some people clearly hold very strong and irrational convictions about trev and his "investigation" - that is fine! as long as you're not hurting anyone - just don't expect general respect in the stones fan community.

OLDKR

I don't like you .......go away
17th September 2007 07:16 PM
oldkr The truth can be hard to take. I accept that you are repulsed by what I say. That's fine. I have nothing against you personally, or any brian fan.

OLDKR
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)