ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Scott Stadium, Charlottesville, VA-6th October 2005
Đ Marisa Roman, Daily Progress and Richmond Times Dispatch with thanks to moy and Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Brian Jones Museum and Exhibition. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
9th September 2007 07:14 PM
Wide As The Clyde
quote:
BriansBabe wrote:

Thanks for sharing your impressions with us!!! Seams like you admire Brian also very much...
Youīve maybe some picīs from your many visits in Cheltenham,
have you??????
I think I can speak for all of us:
We would be very pleased, if you post some of them ( maybe outtakes, you know = LOL ) in here or in the Brian part 10 thread. That would be very kind from you
[Edited by BriansBabe]

I do indeed. I'll go and see if I can dig them out and maybe post them up tomorrow.
[Edited by Wide As The Clyde]
9th September 2007 07:49 PM
BriansBabe Oh yes, thank you very much!!! Thatīs so kind from you!!!
I really looking forward to see this picīs ... and I know a few people here who will be glad about that as well...
10th September 2007 06:05 PM
Wide As The Clyde Errrrm...If someone would be so kind as to tell me how I upload pictures, I'll post the photos I mentioned last night!
(I'm a total techno-dunce, I'm afraid!!)

They're pics of: (variously) Myself and my good lady wife in Cheltenham, Hartfield and Chichester at various times during the 90's. There's Brian's school and Brian's local pub, the 'Hay Waggon' (in Hartfield, Sussex), as well as Prestbury cemetery and the memorial concert in '94 I told you about. Also Redlands Barns, Keith's house....
10th September 2007 06:59 PM
Wide As The Clyde Actually, It would probably be less grief if you just used this link: (I've stuck a bunch of them on here. When I dig out more, I'll stick them here, too.)

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...d7-16a76f524d07
10th September 2007 07:08 PM
BriansBabe Wow this picīs must be very beautiful!!!

Sorry, but this is not my native language, you know... Iīve really no idea how to explain it...

But please take a look in that thread, from 30th August,
(page 3 here)
Name of topic:
posting pictures - my 1st attempt (thread starter was Stray Cat UK)
Thereīs a good explain from Steve and others, maybe this will help you...
I hope so!! Good luck and sorry again!!!
10th September 2007 07:21 PM
Wide As The Clyde Well, I wouldn't get too excited, they're not that terrific! (See my previous post. I DO have some really nice ones, but they're eluding me for the moment. I'll find them, though..)
10th September 2007 07:33 PM
BriansBabe I see only nothing with that link...Iīll try it again tomorrow...Thank you!!! And, good night...
10th September 2007 11:29 PM
oldkr so now trevor has realized he can't squeeze cash and prizes out of people with the promise of the secret of brian jones's death; he's squeezing cash and prizes out of people to furnish a shed next to a pub. This has to be a joke right?

OLDKR
11th September 2007 12:19 PM
Philip I wonder if Brian would have liked my recording of No Expectations?

http://www.esnips.com/doc/947703da-4f77-4556-8425-1f93052580ae/No-Expectations

I'll give Ruby Tuesday a go tomorrow, with the recorder part.

11th September 2007 01:56 PM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
Philip wrote:
I wonder if Brian would have liked my recording of No Expectations?

http://www.esnips.com/doc/947703da-4f77-4556-8425-1f93052580ae/No-Expectations

I'll give Ruby Tuesday a go tomorrow, with the recorder part.

I do
11th September 2007 03:15 PM
GhostofBrianJones To oldkr: If you feel that way why don't you write him and ask him how the
investigation is going and what is going on? We don't have any information
and all we can do is wait and see if anything happens. I can't answer these
questions and either can the other BJ fans and fan club members. You would
have to ask Trevor himself. I don't know Trevor that well so I let others
who want to write him ask him as they know him better than I do. Maybe if
someone emails him they will get an answer.

LOVE TO S&K!!

Thanks for the great pictures Philip and others too!!
11th September 2007 06:17 PM
oldkr Trevor has no news, he'll never have any news. Thats his point. Now he has moved on to other schemes.

OLDKR
11th September 2007 09:42 PM
GhostofBrianJones Well I guess we will just have to wait and see. I have no idea what to think
just keep going and wait I guess.
11th September 2007 11:08 PM
oldkr ghost,

just dont send him any cash and you'll be fine!

OLDKR
12th September 2007 10:23 AM
Philip
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:

I do

How about this recording of Ruby Tuesday?

http://www.esnips.com/doc/13ce17fc-3368-488d-98b0-345a2a13aaf5/Ruby-Tuesday

12th September 2007 05:10 PM
GhostofBrianJones No I haven't sent him any cash since I joined the one time. I am just waiting
and will see, maybe he has other donations from somewhere. Oh well,
should be interesting I guess.
12th September 2007 11:08 PM
gypsy
quote:
oldkr wrote:
ghost,

just dont send him any cash and you'll be fine!

OLDKR

Sounds like a lucrative gig, no? Better than televangelism.
13th September 2007 01:45 PM
The Porkchop Express You know, you have to love the irony here.

Trevor has pretty much funded the investigation on his own. Not only has he invested a lot of his own money and personal savings into this, but he also sold off his Beatles memorabilia collection.

The concept of donating to the investigation was proposed by fans and supporters. To date, Trevor has only received Ģ806.00 in donations, or in American dollars: $1540.00 - and these figures are posted on the BJFC website.

And the Aftermath fanzine - which provided great and insightful articles, interviews, and reviews - is dirt cheap, with each issue only being Ģ5.00 each.

So yeah, he's really raking in big money and ripping people off. Right. Even though everything is displayed on the site, and he is easy to contact, with his contact information included on the site as well.

Oh yeah, the BBC - the most respected and premier news organization on the planet - featured him on the BBC last year in a lengthy news/current affairs item, and the BBC are also planning a future, full-length documentary.

Meanwhile, when The Rolling Stones Corporation tours, it charges ridiculously expensive ticket fees to see a band that can no longer play and perform. While their supporting musicians cover for them, Ronnie and Keith are usually out of synch and therefore screw up songs, because they are too busy lighting cigarettes and striking poses, or barely capable to stand up (let alone play), due to the fact that they are so drunk and in some instances nearly falling off the stage.

13th September 2007 02:19 PM
andrestones10 Thanks for Brian. We love you Brian.
[Edited by andrestones10]
13th September 2007 03:16 PM
gypsy
quote:
The Porkchop Express wrote:
You know, you have to love the irony here.

Trevor has pretty much funded the investigation on his own. Not only has he invested a lot of his own money and personal savings into this, but he also sold off his Beatles memorabilia collection.

Jeez, that's fucking pathetic. I liked him better when I thought he was a con-artist.
13th September 2007 03:17 PM
GhostofBrianJones Thanks so much Pork Chop Express!! Good to hear from you on here! I
just needed some backup on this. Was just wondering thinking maybe someone
would respond in another way. Still waiting and seeing what will happen is
all I can say.
13th September 2007 03:20 PM
gypsy
quote:
GhostofBrianJones wrote:
Thanks so much Pork Chop Express!! Good to hear from you on here! I
just needed some backup on this. Was just wondering thinking maybe someone
would respond in another way. Still waiting and seeing what will happen is
all I can say.

Don't hold your breath.
13th September 2007 03:56 PM
BriansBabe
quote:
andrestones10 wrote:
Thanks for Brian. We love you Brian.
[Edited by andrestones10]

Oh yes, we do LOVE BRIAN FOR EVER !!!!!
13th September 2007 06:36 PM
The Porkchop Express
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Jeez, that's fucking pathetic. I liked him better when I thought he was a con-artist.

No, he's not a "con-artist". The BBC doesn't cover and support con-artists.

Sorry to disappoint.

Right. It's "pathetic" when someone puts forward a great effort to find out the truth behind an unresolved and suspicious death.

quote:
gypsy wrote:
Don't hold your breath.

Right, keep telling yourself that. Again, with the presumptious attitude. Surely you know everything.
[Edited by The Porkchop Express]
13th September 2007 07:42 PM
Dr Iff That likeness ...is it supposed to be what Brian would look like now? Getting as much money as possible from indiscreet venues is not above the Stones MO. What would be nice is if one day they'd make a movie of the Stones, or maybe a series, for the History Channel(yeah!yeah!fire!)But do it well. That would be nice.
13th September 2007 08:05 PM
The jinn, my friend. Brian's Buoy Geeeezzz.....
Out side of his almost cool birth date. What ya got.
Yet another kid dead.
Sad yea.
Investigations are good. No harm in investigating.
Did the researcher's ever cover the angle that Brian was used as an example to the to keep other punk kids in line?
13th September 2007 09:54 PM
gypsy
quote:
The Porkchop Express wrote:

No, he's not a "con-artist". The BBC doesn't cover and support con-artists.

Sorry to disappoint.

Right. It's "pathetic" when someone puts forward a great effort to find out the truth behind an unresolved and suspicious death.

Right, keep telling yourself that. Again, with the presumptious attitude. Surely you know everything.
[Edited by The Porkchop Express]

Keith and Mick held Brian underwater. Everyone knows that.

I kind of think Brian drowned himself...he was very talented, as you know.
14th September 2007 12:04 AM
Dr Iff Excellent recording Stewed and Keefed! I wish you lived in Ft Myers I'd say let's jam.
I understand some of the suspicion that Keith and Mick had something to do with Brian's death, but for me the Thorogood confession put that to rest,or it becomes an ever-growing conspiracy. The glimmer twins were less than fair to Brian, who must've done something unforgivable, though exactly what I may never know. Why did Mick chase Brian through the moat? Kicking him out was their way of killing him. Even if you could draw a motive, there's nothing circumstantial. Thorogood had motive and circumstance. The real tragedy is the complete lack of investigation by police. Apart from his fans, I wonder if Brian had any real friends. It seems like everybody in his life wanted him conditionally. He must've been struggling with bouts of severe depression. It wasn't suicide but Brian likely was desperate to discover his life meant something to someone beyond money. It didn't to Frank Thorogood.
[Edited by Dr Iff]
14th September 2007 12:30 AM
oldkr I could put out a plea for donations and raise $50,000 lets say, and then I could post on my website that I had raised $5,00 AND I could put my email address there too!

I suppose the "future" BBC doc is based on the same "future" in which Trevor will reveal the secrets of Brians death?

This is the regional arm of the BBC- BBC Midlands who put together a 10 minute skit of tired but loveable pics and info about Brian.It presents no evidence of an investigation. The 90 minute documentray will never be made because the investigation will never advance.

The main objective of the british AG is to provide legal advice to the PM and determine the legality of any actions by the legislative houses. The power of prosecution, the power to overturn a judgement falls to the CPS.

I have consulted for the BBC and ITN on stones related news stories, I have to say I got no emails from wood lane about this - probably a good thing too!

OLDKR
14th September 2007 12:51 AM
gypsy
quote:
Dr Iff wrote:
Excellent recording Stewed and Keefed! I wish you lived in Ft Myers I'd say let's jam.
I understand some of the suspicion that Keith and Mick had something to do with Brian's death, but for me the Thorogood confession put that to rest,or it becomes an ever-growing conspiracy. The glimmer twins were less than fair to Brian, who must've done something unforgivable, though exactly what I may never know. Why did Mick chase Brian through the moat? Kicking him out was their way of killing him. Even if you could draw a motive, there's nothing circumstantial. Thorogood had motive and circumstance. The real tragedy is the complete lack of investigation by police. Apart from his fans, I wonder if Brian had any real friends. It seems like everybody in his life wanted him conditionally. He must've been struggling with bouts of severe depression. It wasn't suicide but Brian likely was desperate to discover his life meant something to someone beyond money. It didn't to Frank Thorogood.
[Edited by Dr Iff]

Oh, God, more speculation.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)