ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Scott Stadium, Charlottesville, VA-6th October 2005
© Marisa Roman, Daily Progress and Richmond Times Dispatch with thanks to moy and Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Brian Jones Museum and Exhibition. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
18th September 2007 05:53 AM
GhostofBrianJones What happened to the message forum yesterday? Couldn't get in!
18th September 2007 06:03 AM
GhostofBrianJones Another approach to the subject (I know it is not the topic of this thread)
to the investigation or whatever is for fan/members who have contributed
to it, to ask questions about it regularly. After all if a person has helped out
they have a right to know the status and what is going on (yes provided
something IS going on for some skeptics here). We can discuss this until
we fall over but why not just question the source of who has initiated it?
After all we deserve answers whatever they are.
18th September 2007 12:11 PM
oldkr Ghost, eloquently put- thats all I've been trying to say.

OLDKR
18th September 2007 01:35 PM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
oldkr wrote:
Ok this museum- really a wall in a shed next to a pub is an embarassment

I repeat

This latest venture, a ‘living’ museum with regular gigs unassociated with anything to do with the Rolling Stones will only bring Brian and the Stones to the attention of people of all ages who know little or nothing about the band. We’ve already had enquiries, not only about the guitars but also the band and it’s not our intention to make it exclusively Brian. Also, contrary to the poster who intimates that this is all in a 'crappy' pub, it's not, the venue is a separate, refurbished building alongside the pub.
unquote

I would like to add that this building was used By Brian when it was called the 66 Club as a meeting place and a place to hone his music skills playing with various jazz and blues bands(one of those The Ramrods who are still going and played there only this july)So it far from being crappy pub 'museum' infact it is perfect.
18th September 2007 06:42 PM
GhostofBrianJones You are right, I am not saying any more about anything except for the museum.
I will abide by your wishes.
19th September 2007 02:21 AM
Honky Tonk Man As strewed & Keefed has consistently stated, this thread was stated only to inform those interested in this new homage to Brian in his home town. Why oh why, is there this need to tail off into rants about his death and what kind of person he may or may not have been? This thread isn’t for that discussion.

If you aren’t interested in the museum, don’t post in a thread which is blatantly aimed at those who are.

End of.

19th September 2007 02:14 PM
stewed & Keefed Thank's Alex
26th September 2007 01:49 PM
stewed & Keefed Update

Friday 26th October is scheduled for the opening of the Museum/Exhibition.
26th September 2007 07:12 PM
BriansBabe Hey Steve, you will go??? If so, you must be so kind and tell us how it was and everything...?????
26th September 2007 08:40 PM
Olivia1962
quote:
BriansBabe wrote:
Hey Steve, you will go??? If so, you must be so kind and tell us how it was and everything...?????

Pictures?
26th September 2007 09:57 PM
BriansBabe Oh yeeees, we want PIC´S please!!! Don´t forget about us, as we must stay at home...Say yes
28th September 2007 02:21 PM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
BriansBabe wrote:
Hey Steve, you will go??? If so, you must be so kind and tell us how it was and everything...?????

If I can get the time of work.
28th September 2007 10:29 PM
BriansBabe
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:

If I can get the time of work.

I hope so much for you, Steve!!!!
Please keep us informed, how things are going on...
Thanks, Alex
29th September 2007 12:18 PM
GhostofBrianJones Yes I am very interested in any pictures taken at the museum.
I hope Steve can go if possible.

6th October 2007 06:09 AM
stewed & Keefed Can't get the time off work as I will be training new staff
6th October 2007 09:44 AM
BriansBabe OH I´m so sorry for you, Steve!!
You have a pm (hope it works) ???
Yours, Alex
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)