ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Troy Fleece / Leader Post with thanks to Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: If It's The End, Just How... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
4th October 2006 07:25 AM
Steel Wheels I'll remember this thread in a few years as we talk about another new album and world tour, and post things like, "Mick at 70 is amazing!"
4th October 2006 07:30 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
I'll remember this thread in a few years as we talk about another new album and world tour, and post things like, "Mick at 70 is amazing!"

That's the attitude. That's what I'm talking about!
4th October 2006 07:35 AM
Gazza
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
The Stones, like Buddy Guy, B.B. King, John Lee Hooker, Chuck Berry, and Jerry Lee Lewis will continue to rock and roll. Why all this nonsense about this tour being the end?

anyone who still believes that the Stones as they are now have anything in common with those people is over-romantic and mildly delusional. I agree with you that in theory it SHOULD be like youve described, but it isnt. You're also casually dismissing the fact that unlike those people who are solo artists, the Stones are relying on the will and the health of four people to be able to do this, and not just one. I seriously believe that we're coming to a stage where both of those factors (especially the health one) is going to be a major issue.

PS - John Lee Hooker is dead.
[Edited by Gazza]
4th October 2006 07:39 AM
charlotte sometimes I believe the mental patients are running this asylum!!!
4th October 2006 07:54 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Gazza wrote:

anyone who still believes that the Stones as they are now have anything in common with those people is over-romantic and mildly delusional.

So, what else is new about us?
4th October 2006 08:13 AM
Gazza
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

So, what else is new about us?

You speak for yourself, young lady!
4th October 2006 08:22 AM
Jeep The future after 2007 ?
How to make big bucks with few travels and no needs to move dozens of trucks on the roads ?
Celine's contract is over on 2007.

4th October 2006 08:38 AM
Jeep

Sales are open for 2008 shows :
Call 1-800-555-6666
or on the internet : www.greedycohl.com

VIP orchestra : 800$
Orchestra : 600$
First mezzanine : 400$
Second mezzanine : 300$

4th October 2006 08:38 AM
Gazza the thought of that makes me cringe

(Like the way your mock up billboard took account of the fact that the Stones dont play 2 nights in a row...lol)
4th October 2006 08:45 AM
charlotte VIP orchestra : 800$
-------------------------------------

heck, we almost pay that now.....
4th October 2006 08:48 AM
gimmekeef One last concert beamed around the world free on TV..Live from my basement....with all my Rocks Off and Shidoobee friends there...I pick the setlist!..........You would all be greeted...
4th October 2006 08:50 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
charlotte wrote:
VIP orchestra : 800$
-------------------------------------

heck, we almost pay that now.....

Yeah..were do I get on wait list for VIP section?....
4th October 2006 09:18 AM
glencar What will they do after next year's trek through Euroland? Mick will produce & go through the vaults, Ronnie will do solo stuff & paint, Charlie will do his country squire stuff(quite elegantly, natch!) and Keith will...?
4th October 2006 09:51 AM
Gazza IMHO

Mick - more film production. I dont believe he has much interest in going through the archives for a while yet. Mick's ego will make him want to perform at some stage, however

Ronnie - more painting, popping up at concerts with Dylan and anyone else who'll accommodate him and back on the bottle and ciggies to the serious detriment of his health. The Faces will never reunite because Rod simply isnt serious enough about it to make it happen.

Charlie - very very little, with some occasional jazz gigging at Ronnie Scott's, Basically, semi-retirement.

Keith - more excess which will seriously affect his health, more basement studio recordings that we'll never hear and his arthritis will worsen to the extent where his ability to play will be seriously affected by the end of the decade

The Stones however wont EVER disband as long as the four of them remain alive. Whilst I dont think they'll ever do a world tour again, if someone offers them enough money they may do something that requires little work and inconvenience for maximum revenue. Jeep's vision may not be that far from the truth.
[Edited by Gazza]
4th October 2006 01:40 PM
Steel Wheels Why do I keep coming back to this overly negative board? The Stones will roll on and on, the train will never stop, onward and upward, forever and ever.

4th October 2006 01:48 PM
Egbert Charlie's into antiques.
4th October 2006 01:51 PM
Some Guy I still won't buy spinach.
4th October 2006 01:59 PM
jb
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
Why do I keep coming back to this overly negative board? The Stones will roll on and on, the train will never stop, onward and upward, forever and ever.

Time for you to make the transiton....so long.
4th October 2006 02:23 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
I think they will simply fade away....this is, I repeat, this is, the last tour. I am very confident of that. I thank them for not pulling a "farwell" bullshit even with the lousy sales.

We have been telling people this for months now. Once again, we will be proven correct. I predicted (accurately I am sure) that 84% of the fans on the boards will be just fine, 15% will suffer severe emotional trauma, and probably suffer from serious digestion ailments. One percent remains undecided.
4th October 2006 02:26 PM
jb It is over after next summer...they will not reaapear in any fashion.....please, if you have anydoubts, buy as many tickets to as many shows as possible-this is it(KL).
4th October 2006 02:29 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
It is over after next summer...they will not reaapear in any fashion.....please, if you have anydoubts, buy as many tickets to as many shows as possible-this is it(KL).

THere will be no "doing it for the teenagers" tour. BANK ON IT!

I am sorry to the real fans (see: Sweedish Erik and Gypsy, etc)
4th October 2006 02:30 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

We have been telling people this for months now. Once again, we will be proven correct. I predicted (accurately I am sure) that 84% of the fans on the boards will be just fine, 15% will suffer severe emotional trauma, and probably suffer from serious digestion ailments. One percent remains undecided.

How many will commit suicide?
4th October 2006 02:33 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:

How many will commit suicide?

I would prefer not to post that, because I feel there will be a number higher than zero.
4th October 2006 02:34 PM
F505 I tell you this:

For many people the Stones have already ended.
4th October 2006 02:37 PM
pdog
quote:
F505 wrote:
I tell you this:

For many people the Stones have already ended.

I was thinking the same thing!
4th October 2006 03:14 PM
Steel Wheels A big yawn to this entire thread. YAWN.

4th October 2006 03:16 PM
jb
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
A big yawn to this entire thread. YAWN.

The dream is over, the Stones have left the builidng....the party is over..
4th October 2006 03:18 PM
Saint Sway any chance we'll be able to get some new guitar players?
4th October 2006 03:19 PM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:

The dream is over, the Stones have left the builidng....the party is over..

Sadly there are still people in the building.
4th October 2006 03:20 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:

Sadly there are still people in the building.

You my friend, were way ahead of all of us!!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)