ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Troy Fleece / Leader Post with thanks to Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: If It's The End, Just How... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
3rd October 2006 03:21 PM
Honky Tonk Man Right, presuming Europe ’07 will be the end…

Taking into account Riffhards comments in an earlier thread about how the Stones would never brand a tour as being their final one, just how are the Stones going to finalise things at the end of this tour?

Do people here think they’ll announce the end AFTER the tour is over or do you think they’ll confirm its over only when ASKED? OR, do you think they’ll just disappear and hope no one notices?

I personally believe the latter. The Stones don’t really create much of media frenzy between tours (I know we create and speculate, but we’re obsessive!), so I’m under the illusion that perhaps that’s the best way to go and maybe the most dignified. My real point here is that the boys don’t really have to announce anything. I think they should just let things draw to a close.

What’s everyone else’s viewpoint?
3rd October 2006 03:23 PM
jb I think they will simply fade away....this is, I repeat, this is, the last tour. I am very confident of that. I thank them for not pulling a "farwell" bullshit even with the lousy sales.
3rd October 2006 03:23 PM
Dan Farewell shows and tours are emotional blackmail. I want to enjoy myself at a concert, not feel like I am at a funeral. If they do in fact decide to call it quits (which has only been speculation), they should do it by a faxed press release once the decision has been made. (Thats how Faith No More did it the day after their last show- when I was done crying I realized it was a class act).
3rd October 2006 03:26 PM
MrPleasant I expect anything.
3rd October 2006 03:27 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Dan wrote:
(Thats how Faith No More did it the day after their last show- when I was done crying I realized it was a class act).

blahahahalahaahahahahdhahahdahdahahhaahahaha
3rd October 2006 03:29 PM
Some Guy It will end when one day watching the news they kind of say at the end of the broadcast that the Stones have retired. Then the jokes will abound.
3rd October 2006 03:33 PM
Honky Tonk Man I like the way Dan thinks. That’d be a decent enough way to end things, though I personally would like to see an announcement only if asked about their touring future.
3rd October 2006 03:43 PM
jb I don't see a press release...that is not their style.
3rd October 2006 03:46 PM
Dan I was at the last ever Ramones show. It was depressing beyond all belief. The 3rd to last show was much better.
3rd October 2006 03:48 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:
I was at the last ever Ramones show. It was depressing beyond all belief. The 3rd to last show was much better.

I think they will end the tour, and some howe it will come out in an interview or something.
3rd October 2006 03:48 PM
mrhipfl I don't see anything. I don't think that they consider this or any tour to be their last tour. I think that at the end of each tour, they have absolutely no plans for future tours, (or lack thereof) whatsoever.
3rd October 2006 04:02 PM
Gimme Shelter I got a feeling that they will continue to play together, probally not huge tours but a gig here or there. I think it will end when one (God forbid) passes away.
3rd October 2006 04:09 PM
Scottfree Bizzaro JB is the best....
3rd October 2006 04:10 PM
Gazza
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
I got a feeling that they will continue to play together, probally not huge tours but a gig here or there. I think it will end when one (God forbid) passes away.

me too. They'll officially continue to exist as a band (even if a barely active one) until one of them dies. However, everything I've heard leads me to not expect any touring after next summer
3rd October 2006 04:14 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
jb wrote:

I think they will end the tour, and some howe it will come out in an interview or something.

In other words, they'll go out with a whimper. That’s pretty much how envisage things to end announcement wise too. Either that, or it'll happen Dan's way. As they've chosen to promote the tour just like any other, these are the only real options.
3rd October 2006 04:15 PM
jb I missed you Gazza....I made a huge mistake and went to Louisville....probably one of the biggest mistake in over 18yrs of practicing law.
3rd October 2006 04:20 PM
robpop
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
I got a feeling that they will continue to play together, probally not huge tours but a gig here or there. I think it will end when one (God forbid) passes away.

I agree also. I believe Mick and Kieth will never be able to "let it go", as long as they are able to play.
3rd October 2006 04:25 PM
Saint Sway the last show should be a huge weekend blowout at Wembley Stadium.

later that night, at like 2am, they should secretly sneak off to an old club like the Crawdaddy and play an entire set of blues covers. Walk off stage, hoist a pint and take the train home.
3rd October 2006 04:37 PM
Steel Wheels The Stones, like Buddy Guy, B.B. King, John Lee Hooker, Chuck Berry, and Jerry Lee Lewis will continue to rock and roll. Why all this nonsense about this tour being the end?
3rd October 2006 04:40 PM
jb
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
The Stones, like Buddy Guy, B.B. King, John Lee Hooker, Chuck Berry, and Jerry Lee Lewis will continue to rock and roll. Why all this nonsense about this tour being the end?

This has been widely reported by very, very, reliable sources this time.
3rd October 2006 04:44 PM
Poplar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
the last show should be a huge weekend blowout at Wembley Stadium.

later that night, at like 2am, they should secretly sneak off to an old club like the Crawdaddy and play an entire set of blues covers. Walk off stage, hoist a pint and take the train home.

yes, yes, and yes.
3rd October 2006 05:04 PM
Some Guy spinach still scares me.
3rd October 2006 09:26 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
The Stones, like Buddy Guy, B.B. King, John Lee Hooker, Chuck Berry, and Jerry Lee Lewis will continue to rock and roll. Why all this nonsense about this tour being the end?

They'll play a few gigs each year, but not world tours anymore.
3rd October 2006 09:28 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

They'll play a few gigs each year, but not world tours anymore.

wrong.

they will never play together again unless there is $$$$$$$ on the table. Not even a couple of tunes at a charity gig. After the last show in 07 they are done. No money, then no gig.
3rd October 2006 09:33 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

wrong.

they will never play together again unless there is $$$$$$$ on the table. Not even a couple of tunes at a charity gig. After the last show in 07 they are done. No money, then no gig.

Uh, I don't remember Soldatti mentioning the circumstances under which they would tour.

Few gigs in a year:

A few massive stadium across the planet. Maybe a live simulcast to movies theatres to add a bit more coin to the coffers.

If they play the same setlist at each one and strip it down a bit, then they wouldn't need as much time in rehearsals either.
3rd October 2006 09:37 PM
Saint Sway I seriously doubt it. It takes too much these days to crank up the collossal Stones machine. They're huge corporation, not a band. They cant do anything without a 300-man army anymore.
3rd October 2006 10:06 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I seriously doubt it. It takes too much these days to crank up the collossal Stones machine. They're huge corporation, not a band. They cant do anything without a 300-man army anymore.

They could. But like we know, they'd just have to change their ways a bit.

Like I said before, the stones could still make massive ammounts of money by playing theatre shows. If they would price their tickets at arround $120, they could sell out theatres and arenas no problem. Think of how much money the stones actually spend with that huge stage, the screen, the moving b - stage, the fireworks etc. Over 50 trucks full of equipment, if I remember. If they would get rid of that, they would have a greater profit. This brings me to another point. If they actually planned this to be the last tour, I don't think they would have invested that much money into it. They invested that much money so that the people. think they got their money's worth and would come back next time they came arround.
[Edited by mrhipfl]
3rd October 2006 10:08 PM
glencar I think they won't say a word...
3rd October 2006 10:51 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:

Yep, what he said.
4th October 2006 03:23 AM
FotiniD
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Yep, what he said.

I second that
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)