ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Troy Fleece / Leader Post with thanks to Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: If It's The End, Just How... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
4th October 2006 03:22 PM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:

You my friend, were way ahead of all of us!!!!

Sad but 100% correct!
4th October 2006 03:22 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
F505 wrote:

Sadly there are still people in the building.

its OK. Its only the horn section.
4th October 2006 03:23 PM
jostorm I'm with Gazza, there won't ever be any announcements, they will never disband officially for as long as they are all still alive, plus there is no need to disband in the first place, when the way you don't play anymore and overcharge your fans makes them all follow Bob Dylan instead....

Isn't Modern Times fab????????

Personally, I predict the real end will come in the form of tragedy. You can take your pick, but I bet on Mick having his lights snuffed out when his newest wife Lauren (were her parents simply dyslexic, or is it just another Northamerican affectation??? ) hits him hard with a baseball bat after surprising him with three naked girls barely scraping over the age of legal sexual consent. He, of course, denies everything and claims to be just playing hands-on Bridge (being the total sucker for aristocratic pastimes that he is), and the last words he'll ever hear will be "I'll give you One-No-Trump!!!" being screeched Banshee-style from several inches above him.....

Of course, there's always the possibility he may be killed in bed with only two girls, after the mirrored ceiling of some fancy hotel caves in on them, but I doubt it....
4th October 2006 03:25 PM
F505 Jo, you were way ahead of all of us.
4th October 2006 03:31 PM
jb I am hoping that after the Beacon show, the rest ot the tour(including Europe) is cancelled.
4th October 2006 03:33 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
I am hoping that after the Beacon show, the rest ot the tour(including Europe) is cancelled.

I say this about every show I go to.
4th October 2006 03:34 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Dan wrote:

I say this about every show I go to.

do you cry afterwards, like at Faith No More?
4th October 2006 03:38 PM
nanatod
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
any chance we'll be able to get some new guitar players?

Jim James? M. Ward? Joey Santiago? Albert Lee? Andy Fairwhether-Low? Steve Cropper?

How about the return of some old ones:

Ry Cooder? Mick Taylor? Dick Taylor?
[Edited by nanatod]
4th October 2006 03:41 PM
jostorm Hey, little aeroplane, how are you?
4th October 2006 03:48 PM
F505
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Hey, little aeroplane, how are you?

Hello Jo, everything all right here, thanks.
I am still curious how you got rid of Bob Geldof!!
4th October 2006 04:05 PM
Dick Bush
quote:
jostorm wrote:
I'm with Gazza, there won't ever be any announcements, they will never disband officially for as long as they are all still alive, plus there is no need to disband in the first place, when the way you don't play anymore and overcharge your fans makes them all follow Bob Dylan instead....

Isn't Modern Times fab????????

Personally, I predict the real end will come in the form of tragedy. You can take your pick, but I bet on Mick having his lights snuffed out when his newest wife Lauren (were her parents simply dyslexic, or is it just another Northamerican affectation??? ) hits him hard with a baseball bat after surprising him with three naked girls barely scraping over the age of legal sexual consent. He, of course, denies everything and claims to be just playing hands-on Bridge (being the total sucker for aristocratic pastimes that he is), and the last words he'll ever hear will be "I'll give you One-No-Trump!!!" being screeched Banshee-style from several inches above him.....

Of course, there's always the possibility he may be killed in bed with only two girls, after the mirrored ceiling of some fancy hotel caves in on them, but I doubt it....

Jo,

You are the Stones nut of the of the purest sterling pedigree, and I just can't express my respect for your prophecy, however I have to object the fact that you haven't praised - not with the single one word! - all the fantastic benefits of the pharmaceutical industry of today.

Sorry, but no grempa can do three girlfriends at the same time without them.

4th October 2006 04:08 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

do you cry afterwards, like at Faith No More?

Nah, I just think of all the money I might save and the killer trades I could get from the "last ever show."
4th October 2006 04:08 PM
jostorm I'd like to think it was something witty I said at the time, but I think my holidays were simply longer than his.....
4th October 2006 04:11 PM
jb I wish they would end it after Boise.
4th October 2006 04:11 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
F505 wrote:
I tell you this:

For many people the Stones have already ended.

But for many people, the Stones have just begun.
4th October 2006 04:12 PM
F505
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

Not too many I am afraid....
4th October 2006 04:13 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
I wish they would end it after Boise.

Talking about saving me money. About $3 in bus fare, $5 for a bottle of Whisky, $8 for a large coke and $6 for a ticket.
4th October 2006 04:14 PM
jostorm Sorry, Mr Bush, I didn't see that.....

You're quite right, Sir, but have you seen the size of his no-sock ??????????????????????????????

4th October 2006 04:15 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:

Not too many I am afraid....

The kids?
4th October 2006 04:17 PM
Dick Bush
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Sorry, Mr Bush, I didn't see that.....

You're quite right, Sir, but have you seen the size of his no-sock ??????????????????????????????

The larger it is, the worse to fill it up, you may believe.

Not talking from the own experience, if you understand what I mean
4th October 2006 04:32 PM
Joey

Nanky ?!

4th October 2006 04:34 PM
voodoopug
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

Please see the "fire sales", bilboard numbers for "A Bigger Bang" and "Rarities". ADDA Suggests we are falling faster than Cubs pitching coaches.
4th October 2006 04:38 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Please see the "fire sales", bilboard numbers for "A Bigger Bang" and "Rarities". ADDA Suggests we are falling faster than Cubs pitching coaches.

A Bigger Bang still sold better than most new releases by "Classic Rock" bands.

Even with the fire sales, tickets are far overpriced. Things like "Rarities" don't have much mainstream appeal to begin with.
4th October 2006 04:39 PM
star star i guess this means they wont be doing a round in britain ever again?
4th October 2006 05:01 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
star star wrote:
i guess this means they wont be doing a round in britain ever again?

Probably not, no. But at least we’ll be getting the last show of the tour at Wembley
4th October 2006 07:19 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Dan wrote:

A Bigger Bang still sold better than most new releases by "Classic Rock" bands.

Even with the fire sales, tickets are far overpriced. Things like "Rarities" don't have much mainstream appeal to begin with.

The Stones are still touring the States, almost 2 million tickets sold so far and the album barely passed the gold mark. No strong material for a push up on the radio.
4th October 2006 07:34 PM
Gazza
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
Why do I keep coming back to this overly negative board? The Stones will roll on and on, the train will never stop, onward and upward, forever and ever.

Its not overly negative. Jesus Christ. Its realism. Theyre not 25 years old and theyre not in great health. How difficult is that to grasp?

you seriously believe they'll go on for another 20 years as they are now (I'll disregard the absurd 'forever and ever' remark)?

Please explain
[Edited by Gazza]
4th October 2006 07:52 PM
BONOISLOVE I, like many other people around the planet, I'm sure, am fascinated by the rock and roll lengendary band "Mick Jagger And The Rollin' Stones." However, one of the things that makes me just a little sad is that the amazing and talented David Bowie is so underutilized. We hardly ever see him and sometimes it makes me frown just ever so slightly to imagine him sitting in his trailer wondering if they're ever going to call him to the stage.
[Edited by BONOISLOVE]
4th October 2006 08:11 PM
full moon The Stones have been dead for years. This Vegas act corporation is a joke. Wake up...
4th October 2006 08:21 PM
PeerQueer [quote]Gazza wrote:
IMHO

Mick - more film production. I dont believe he has much interest in going through the archives for a while yet. Mick's ego will make him want to perform at some stage, however

Ronnie - more painting, popping up at concerts with Dylan and anyone else who'll accommodate him and back on the bottle and ciggies to the serious detriment of his health. The Faces will never reunite because Rod simply isnt serious enough about it to make it happen.

Charlie - very very little, with some occasional jazz gigging at Ronnie Scott's, Basically, semi-retirement.

Keith - more excess which will seriously affect his health, more basement studio recordings that we'll never hear and his arthritis will worsen to the extent where his ability to play will be seriously affected by the end of the decade

The Stones however wont EVER disband as long as the four of them remain alive. Whilst I dont think they'll ever do a world tour again, if someone offers them enough money they may do something that requires little work and inconvenience for maximum revenue. Jeep's vision may not be that far from the truth.
[Edited by Gazza]

This ain't far off...

Mick is loving the film production gigs - he loves hanging with that crowd and he can easily pull that off for another 10-plus years.

BUT - he has already prepared some vault-releases in the not too distant future, so that's coming down the pike.

Keith...not really sure. He's an enigma at the moment. I'm hearing very mixed signals regarding the old fella.

Charlie would LOVE to just fade away...

Ronnie and Rod ARE gonna pull of a Faces tour soon. Bank on it.

Video anthology coming together as well - should be out by 2008.

This is the last big tour.

I'm catching Dylan in a couple weeks - is it gonna be a good show? His new album is solid - I like it more than the last one.

Stones might just pull off another album - they COULD do a real quality product ala Bob, but then again...
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)