ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Troy Fleece / Leader Post with thanks to Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RIP Mottrush Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
28th September 2006 09:16 AM
Phog RIP
28th September 2006 09:20 AM
Fiji Joe Fiji weeps
28th September 2006 09:31 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Zack wrote:
I'm afraid to inform the RO community that Mottrush, aka John from Tasmania, has died. He was 46. He joined "that stupid club" as one rock and roll mother put it back in 1994, although his widow told me there were no major problems or issues in his life at the time. They were happy, she said.

Tumbling Dice was played at his funeral.

John and I were frequent trading buddies, and became friends despite never having met in person. We were the backbone of the Southeastern hemisphere contingent of RO. If anyone would like to pass on condolences to his wife, send me a PM and I'll give you her email.

RIP Mottrush

My heartfelt condolences to his friends/family/and the whole Rocks off Community
28th September 2006 09:35 AM
Lazy Bones This is sad news. I remember John's involvement on RO. Thanks to the admin for a humble tribute header.

RIP, John!
28th September 2006 10:42 AM
Scottfree RIP.....What the hell happened?
28th September 2006 11:57 AM
nankerphelge Very sad news.

Please tell Mrs. MRush and family that nanky sends his best.

28th September 2006 01:06 PM
Soldatti Sad news. God bless you John.
28th September 2006 01:19 PM
sirfito Sad news. RIP
28th September 2006 01:22 PM
Martha I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. My sympathies go out to his family, friends and to all who knew him.

RIP

Martha
28th September 2006 01:58 PM
Riffhard How tragic. He seemed like a very nice guy. Condolences to his wife and family. Such a terrible way to go out. I hope he finds peace.

Riffy
28th September 2006 02:58 PM
Trey Krimsin My condolences go out to Mottrush's family.
28th September 2006 03:19 PM
stewed & Keefed Very bad news.RIP
28th September 2006 04:56 PM
Dan this sucks
28th September 2006 05:19 PM
GotToRollMe Rest easy, John.
My deepest condolences to friends and family.
28th September 2006 09:39 PM
Jair My deep condolences to Mottrush's family. RIP, pal!

28th September 2006 11:26 PM
time is on my side Just saw the header and was saddened to hear of this news.

I remember his posts and, while he didn't post as often as some, I looked forward to seeing a post from him. Always got the feeling he was a big Mott the Hoople fan.

My condolences to the family. What a horrible last 30 days or so this has been (my brother got killed four weeks ago). I know what kind of pain the family must be going through. God bless Mottrush.
28th September 2006 11:41 PM
Zack
quote:
time is on my side wrote:
Just saw the header and was saddened to hear of this news.

I remember his posts and, while he didn't post as often as some, I looked forward to seeing a post from him. Always got the feeling he was a big Mott the Hoople fan.

Indeed, John loved Mott. He turned me on to them in fact. I recently sent him a scan of a two page spread on Ian Hunter in Uncut. He was fascinated to learn that Mott The Hoople were the "high heeled boys" from the Traffic song. He was a completist collector - had every Stones 12" and other rarities. Still had an active vinyl collection, which I bet he kept in pristine condition. He also loved Bowie, Dylan, the Dead, Tull, Van Morrison, Rush, Slade, and Neil Young. Glam Rock. He had everything any of those guys did. His wife said in her note she has a lot of good music to remember him by.
28th September 2006 11:45 PM
glencar
quote:

My condolences to the family. What a horrible last 30 days or so this has been (my brother got killed four weeks ago). I know what kind of pain the family must be going through. God bless Mottrush.

Sorry for your loss too.
29th September 2006 01:05 AM
Sir Stonesalot Damn.

I found a box with a bunch of used CD mailers that I had been saving.

On one of those envelopes is the name of one John Graham.

I remember him as a stand up trader. Very sad.

My best wishes go out to his family and loved ones.
29th September 2006 04:31 AM
Zeeta Bad news - he sounds like a cool chap.

Thoughts are with his family...
29th September 2006 08:05 AM
Gazza
quote:

Sorry to hear about that bad news too.
29th September 2006 09:12 AM
Irina Rest in peace, John

29th September 2006 09:51 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Just saw the header and was saddened to hear of this news.

Very sad for both, and all their loved ones.

29th September 2006 03:48 PM
Saint Sway very sad. Please pass on my condolences to his wife and family.

very sorry for your loss too Time Is On My Side. That is very sad. Hang in there.
30th September 2006 04:29 AM
thejuf I am so sorry, this is such awful news.
May he rest in peace.

on behalf of Forty Licks Fanclub,

Pauline,(the juf)
30th September 2006 01:40 PM
killerbitch My condolences to Time for the loss of a brother. May God be with you.
30th September 2006 01:42 PM
WhenTheWhipComesDown Did this John Graham take his own life? Or did was he terminally ill?
1st October 2006 12:57 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

In memory of Mottrush

1st October 2006 11:49 PM
ozstones Hi all

I met John for the first time back in April in Sydney on the Bigger Bang tour. A group of hardcore fans got together at the Hard Rock cafe. Nothing really organised just turned up and it turned out to be a great night. The best thing I remember about the night was talking to John who I had only been in contact via email a few times before.

What struck me about him was that he genuinely loved the Stones faults and all. He was no johnny come lately that thought everything that the Stones did turned to gold rather he was a man who appreciated music and the Stones place in the scheme of things. I remember being suprised when I asked him his favourite Stones song. "Tumbling Dice". When I ask that question normally I get the usual Brown Sugar, Satisfaction etc. (nothing wrong with these by the way!) but his answer made me curious.

By the end of the night I thought wow here is a guy just like me ie loves beer and music and especially the Stones warts and all. Didn't catch up with him in Melbourne as was planned as he was "Shattered" (his words!) after Sydney.

I am sure everyone who traded with him or met him are truly sad because when John left us it left Aussie fans downunder (and around the world) very sad indeed. Condolences to his family. John you left us too soon.

RIP.

[Edited by ozstones]
2nd October 2006 02:33 AM
danielharris627 Arghh, thats awful news, so young!!
RIP :/
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)