ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Lour
Wallace Wade Stadium, Durham, NC - October 8, 2005
© 2005 Tom Mendel / The Chronicle with thanks to Montana!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hershey Park Stadium, Hershey, PA, Rocktober 1st, 2005 Setlist ,Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
October 6th, 2005 01:33 PM
jb You were sorely missed by JB and son!!! I took pictures of him giving the thumbs up to Roe v Wade supporters demonstrating outside the White House!!!
[Edited by jb]
October 6th, 2005 02:21 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah Flea, that was FG.

Thank god for her. She made sure that Marko & I remembered to eat something...and she made sure that we didn't get lost on the Metro. A real lifesaver!

I can't believe that The Stones didn't play Factory Girl for her.
October 6th, 2005 02:53 PM
FPM C10
quote:
jb wrote:
You were sorely missed by JB and son!!! I took pictures of him giving the thumbs up to Roe v Wade supporters demonstrating outside the White House!!!
[Edited by jb]

I believe there was ANOTHER hand gesture you were going to give the White House in my honor!

This tour has been great in that so many of us have had the opportunity to show our kids what the old man is so obsessed with, and why.

I look forward to greeting you in NYC!
October 6th, 2005 04:53 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

I look forward to greeting you in NYC!

I look forward to greeting you in Omaha !
October 7th, 2005 01:01 PM
glencar That's my true love, soul mate, sometimes RO poster and hostess of Friday night's party, Miss Candace Youngblood. (See, Glencar, we ARE two different people! BTW I'm sorry we didn't run into you - it was a good day for normalizing relations and I had a hearty handshake all ready for you!)

I was sitting only 3 rows in front of you, FPM. I was unable to make any preparties anywhere as I was traveling with friends from Long Island & it took us long enough to get there. The traffic, oy vey! I would have greeted you & we will get the chance at MSG. I'm attending both shows & I plan on getting a hotel room for at least the 2nd night. But please, promise no politics. I carpooled with a Dem this aam & it was too much to listen to his weird views of everything. I was fine just talking Yankees chances & work gossip but this guy saw a captive audience & subjected me to a crazy harangue about the Patriot Act II!
October 7th, 2005 01:29 PM
FPM C10 I was sitting only 3 rows in front of you, FPM.

Get OUT! that's funny - I wish I had known.

I would have greeted you & we will get the chance at MSG.

I'm looking forward to it.

But please, promise no politics.

I have already promised that, and I hereby renew my pledge. Times like that are about the STONES. PERIOD. I actually hardly took part in the brief political discussion in my own house last Friday, and had there been anyone there who would've been alienated by the views being propounded I would have gently steered the conversation elsewhere. I have also told everyone who might be going to MSG with me that there will be NO political arguments before, during or after the show, because if one of my friends starts talking politics it's ME who'll get the blame. And they have promised me that as long as YOU guys don't start anything, neither will they.

I carpooled with a Dem this aam & it was too much to listen to his weird views of everything. I was fine just talking Yankees chances & work gossip but this guy saw a captive audience & subjected me to a crazy harangue about the Patriot Act II!

I know how you feel - my old band, who are having a reunion next weekend, did a radio interview last night. Although we were modeled very much after the Clash, doing punk/ska tunes about social issues, in the intervening years some of our politics changed. So when the interviewer asked a general question about politics I kept my answers very polite, mainly talking about issues like apartheid which are thankfully now resolved. And the ONE guy in the band who went conservative - the one guy who's feelings I was trying to protect - leaps in and says "Conservativism is your Father...Liberalism is your Mother"...you know that quote, I'm sure it's on one of those "right-wing talking points" websites. All I said in reply was "And I'm an orphan."

But anyway - NO POLITICS! Promise!
October 7th, 2005 02:06 PM
glencar LOL I never heard that quote before & I think it's somewhat off the mark.
October 7th, 2005 03:19 PM
FPM C10
quote:
glencar wrote:
LOL I never heard that quote before & I think it's somewhat off the mark.

Oh...the whole quote is "Conservatism is your father. He wants you to get out there and do it for yourself. Liberalism is your mother. She wants to do it for you for the rest of your life." Which probably wasn't the answer the interviewer expected from aging punks. The point was I was on my best behavior, keeping my answers polite and non-inflammatory out of respect for the one guy in the band who took a right turn in life, and I expected the same in return. He emailed me this morning to explain himself, and I just thanked him and changed the subject to how much fun the gig next week is going to be.

My old man was a drunk and my mom was a saint, but they're both gone now, so I'm an orphan.
October 7th, 2005 07:09 PM
Bevy Hi, guys.. Just me again.. in SEVERE withdrawal... Can't believe it's almost been a week! Where has Marko been? I want to beg, whine and plead with him to see if I can get a copy of the Hershey concert... (whimper, whimper)... Thanks for all of the great posts and photos.. Man, I wish I'd joined the group earlier... I still can't beleive we were only 3 rows behind you... Unbelievable.... Hugs to all!
October 8th, 2005 07:25 AM
throbby
October 8th, 2005 10:03 AM
Bevy Wow... Excellent pics... I'm so very, very impressed... and I can't thank you enough... I have a folder of them right on my desktop, and I keep looking at them, thinking about the F'ing great time we had.... Wish I had met all of you earlier....
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)