ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Lour
Wallace Wade Stadium, Durham, NC - October 8, 2005
© 2005 Tom Mendel / The Chronicle with thanks to Montana!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hershey Park Stadium, Hershey, PA, Rocktober 1st, 2005 Setlist ,Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
October 1st, 2005 08:27 PM
Paranoid_Android I just wanted to start the thread...cant wait for DC and Charlotesville...
October 1st, 2005 08:49 PM
nankerphelge Well??

We're waiting!!!

October 1st, 2005 08:52 PM
PartyDoll MEG Nanky, are you getting any phone calls from you buddy? I have a bad case of Stones' withdrawl. I so want to be there............
October 1st, 2005 08:52 PM
LadyJane I could have been at this one, Dammit!!!!

Here's to jaggergirl, TomL, FPM, SS, Maxmeister and Marko!!!

Enjoy the show......wow here we go.....listening to Start Me Up right now!!!!! Thanks jaggergirl for calling!!!!

LJ.
October 1st, 2005 08:53 PM
LadyJane IORR is number 2.....great cell connection!!!!

LJ.
October 1st, 2005 08:58 PM
nankerphelge One thing about TomL, he will never pull out a phone at a show. He's too busy singin', dancin' and smilin'!!

October 1st, 2005 09:01 PM
LadyJane I guess Shidoobee got a sneek peek at the setlist:

1. START ME UP
2. IT'S ONLY ROCK 'N ROLL
3. SHE'S SO COLD
4. TUMBLIN' DICE
5. ROUGH JUSTICE
6. BACK OF MY HAND
7. MIDNIGHT RAMBLER
8. ALL DOWN THE LINE
9. NIGHT TIME
10. THE WORST
11. INFAMY
12. MISS YOU
13. ON NO NOT YOU AGAIN
14. GET OFF MY CLOUD
15. HONKY TONK WOMEN
16. SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL
17. PAINT IT BLACK
18. BROWN SUGAR
19. JUMPIN' JACK FLASH
20. YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
21. SATISFACTION

I'll take it...but was hoping for one more surprise.

She Saw Me Coming....is coming. Maybe at MCI.

LJ.
October 1st, 2005 09:05 PM
PartyDoll MEG It really is hard to hold a phone during a Stones concert. That's why LJ only got to listen to part of the Columbus show! Gotta be clapping, dancing,and snapping those fingers. Singin' is a given!!
October 1st, 2005 09:07 PM
nankerphelge Seriously!

Hootin' AND hollerin'

That is a damn fine setlist!

Rambler will get the C10 contingent all fired up!!

October 1st, 2005 09:07 PM
LadyJane And those phone calls albeit short mean the world.

Thanks MEG!!!!

LJ.
October 1st, 2005 09:12 PM
PartyDoll MEG I so jealous, LJ. You be going to MCI?!!

I am so bummed out about not seeing the boys until Thanksgiving, I've been trying to justify another trip in October.... Atlanta would be fun-wouldn't have to miss work, etc....
October 1st, 2005 09:14 PM
LadyJane No MEG.

I have to wait until January for my next fix!!!!!!!

I'll never make it!!!

BUT....I'm lining up incoming phone calls from many upcoming shows.

LJ.
October 1st, 2005 09:32 PM
PartyDoll MEG Sounds like a much cheaper fix LJ.

I was just checking Atlanta flights and bargaining with my inner demons. A little too pricey, me thinks...Developing

Nanky- I feel for you ,brother!! It must be hard sitting by that computer knowing you should be there!!
October 1st, 2005 09:57 PM
LadyJane Where is everybody???

Oh..people actually have LIVES, don't they???

LJ.
October 1st, 2005 09:58 PM
nankerphelge It just plain sux!
October 1st, 2005 09:59 PM
JumpinJackFlash I'm here, hoping for Gimmie Shelter. Hope they play it on the 28th in Calgary.
October 1st, 2005 10:11 PM
LadyJane Don't think you'll get Gimme Shelter this Tour.

Damn shame........It's always a highlight for ME.

LJ.
October 1st, 2005 10:19 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

I'll take it...but was hoping for one more surprise.

She Saw Me Coming....is coming. Maybe at MCI.

LJ.

One more??? Where is the surprise here?!?
October 1st, 2005 10:52 PM
PartyDoll MEG Like that they added MR and played GOMC again. Don't think they will alter the setlist tonite. Think I'll go read a book and listen to the Stones. Cheer up Nanky -it's only rock and roll!!!

Later everyone......
October 2nd, 2005 01:47 AM
Scottfree First time w/o YGMR, there is a god.....
October 2nd, 2005 01:58 AM
pdog MR, PIB and GOMC instead of YGMR... A fair trade I would say!
October 2nd, 2005 02:24 AM
DAVINO What an awesome show, Hershey Stadium is a great venue and the Stones were in tune and on fire tonight. We got Section A, Row 5 tickets for $110 from a scalper, that is 5th row on the far left, but instead chilled on the left side of the field for the whole show, and what a show it was! GOMC was awesome, as was PIB, MR, JJF, and All Down The Line, which I wanted to hear and "called" in the lot. Jagger was in great voice, and the band seemed tighter then they were at Giants Stadium. Well pleased with the entire production, except traffic getting out of Hershey was a 1+ hour nightmare. Some dude who has seen every tour since 1972 said he hadn't seen Get Of My Cloud since 1975, and there were tons of people high-fiving throughout. Off to chow and toke, peace.
October 2nd, 2005 03:00 AM
FPM C10 Well,it was 2hour orgasmic show.BEST so far.They were really ON,FIRE.
Licks tour can go to my hairy ass,so with BTB and Voodoo.
Period,end of the story

BTW me(marko),did the best recording of this tour so far.
Fucking mad!

SS: Uhhhhhhhhhhhh....it was a pretty cool night. I'll leave it at that.

Maxmeister: It's almost 3am and it's still sinking in. Just fucking incredible. Actually well beyond incredible. I truly have never experienced the Stones like tonight. This evening was truly a privelage. Now, back to the beer.

FPM C10 : a show that left me with a lump in my throat - how could anyone suggest these guys are anywhere near the end of the line? This show would have been incredible if the principals had been in their 30s, but they're in their SIXTIES...watching Mick run full speed from one end of the stage to the other singing Satisfaction while the band played at a fever pitch left me just slackjawed.

The events of the past several hours have been remarkable, to say the least - that they took place in Hershey makes me doubt the very fabric of reality!

Listening to the recording of the show, passing the recorder around like an opium pipe, listening to a pristene rendering of this amazing show - life is really amazing sometimes.
October 2nd, 2005 03:05 AM
DAVINO Will you be uploading the show to bittorent? I would love to get a copy!

Thanks!
October 2nd, 2005 04:01 AM
Jeep From the Lancaster Sunday News

Start ’em up
Stones get in their licks at Hersheypark Stadium.
By Eric G. Stark - Sunday News
Published: Oct 02, 2005 12:05 AM EST

http://local.lancasteronline.com/4/17413

LANCASTER COUNTY, PA - HERSHEY — The definition of old may need to be altered, or as the Rolling Stones are proving: You’re only as old as you feel and act.

Based on how they performed in front of a record crowd Saturday night at Hersheypark Stadium, these bad boys still have a lot of hop left.

They may be senior citizens, but they’re still the Stones, and they can still rock a crowd with a high-energy show.

In their first appearance in central Pennsylvania since the 1964 show at Harrisburg’s Farm Show building, the Stones delivered more than two hours of new hits and classics that span a career that started in 1962 for three of the members — Mick Jagger, 62, Keith Richards, 61, Charlie Watts, 64, and 1974 for Ronnie Wood, the baby of the band at age 58.

More than 31,000 were on hand when the lights went down at 8:45 p.m. and fireworks exploded from the top of the four- level stage. Wood and Richards emerged and broke into “Start Me Up,” the group’s traditional opening song.

Jagger, in an emerald green jacket, was last to make his entrance, but his presence was felt immediately as he began the first of many dashes across the stage. Later in the song, Wood fired into a guitar solo and the crowd sang along, knowing the words.

The band followed this up with other staples like “It’s Only Rock ‘N Roll (But I Like It),” “She’s So Cold,” and Tumblin’ Dice.”

Jagger and Richards both acknowledged the crowd at different points in the evening, as Jagger thanked people from Mechanicsburg, Harrisburg, York and Lancaster (he pronounced Lancaster correctly).

Later, Richards thanked the crowd, saying, “It’s good to be back, well... it’s good to be anywhere, really,” which brought a chuckle from the audience.

Nine musicians accompanied the Stones, including a four-piece horn section. Always innovative, the Stones were transported on a portable stage that moved to the center of the stadium. In the center, the group played “Miss You,” “Oh Not You Again,” “Get off my Cloud” and “Honky Tonk Woman.”

The group brought the house down during the two-hour show with “You Can’t Always Get What You Want,” and “Satisfaction.”

Stones fans young and old took it all in with glee. “We’re fired up,” Jeff Short of Millersville said. He and his wife, Sarah, brought their two sons, Daniel and Stephen, ages 12 and 10, respectively, to Hershey; both boys were force-fed the Stones, their father said.

“They’ll be full-fledged fans once the concert is done,” Short said. “They’ll be charged. It’s a joyous event. It’s the peak, as far as rock ‘n roll shows.”

Parking was at a premium, as cars parked on both sides of the grass on Hersheypark Drive. Cars were also parked on rows on the hill of the former Milton Hershey High School. A festive atmosphere prevailed before the show, as fans tailgated in the parking lot and met at popular Hershey nightspot, Shakey’s for a pre-Stones party. Prime seats Saturday sold for $175 and grandstand seats went for $60. But fans didn’t seem to mind the price.

“It’s like two nights out,” Short said. “And it is a lot more of a show than I can get for two nights out.”

The Stones are touring behind their new album, “A Bigger Bang,” which was released in early September; it’s the band’s first album with new material in eight years and has been called the group’s best in two decades.

Opening for the Stones was Beck, and members of his band wound up sitting in row 11 to watch the headliners.

Tim Treece of Etters and his wife, Lisa, won tickets in a radio contest and had them upgraded the day of the show at the same station, putting them in the front row. It was Tim’s sixth Stones concert. He has followed the band since he was 7. He’s 40 now, and the group and its sound never grow old to him.

“It’s the music that brings people out,” he said. “They [the Stones] like making music and playing and they still enjoy performing. People like them or hate them. They were the bad boys; they weren’t afraid to take that route.

“The Beatles were calmer, more poetic. The Stones jumped out, and other groups emulated them.”

And the Stones are still bringin’ it with the best of them.
October 2nd, 2005 04:12 AM
beer
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

BTW me(marko),did the best recording of this tour so far.
Fucking mad!

Torrent it!!

-
October 2nd, 2005 04:26 AM
throbby What a great fucking show!

October 2nd, 2005 04:34 AM
throbby
October 2nd, 2005 04:54 AM
mac_daddy i am glad y'all had a rockin time!!!

you can always send it to me, and i will torrent it (but pm me first - my address has changed)...
October 2nd, 2005 09:04 AM
Martha
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Where is everybody???

Oh..people actually have LIVES, don't they???

LJ.

Criminey, I had to go to bed early last night with the hot water bottle. That's my reason for being AWOL.

Getting cramps at this age is a bit much. The Stones bring out the teenage girl in me! LOL

Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)