ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Ladies and Gentlemen... From Barcelona: The Smoking Stones!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hello Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
3rd October 2006 10:25 AM
jb Back from Louisville............
3rd October 2006 10:27 AM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:
Back from Louisville............

I hope you didn't visit a Stones show over there!
3rd October 2006 10:28 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:

Your congressman got in deep moof while you were gone.
3rd October 2006 10:28 AM
GotToRollMe Well, hello there! Heard you guys got a good show despite the weather and the "warhorse" setlist. AC will be infinitely better, JB! So, howdja like it?
3rd October 2006 10:30 AM
jb
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Well, hello there! Heard you guys got a good show despite the weather and the "warhorse" setlist. AC will be infinitely better, JB! So, howdja like it?

A very disappointing trip, except for bumping into Boomhauer and his Mom-really good people!!! The set-list was as vanilla as I have ever experienced, and if I am to be truthful, I enjoyed Alice Cooper much more. Overall, a horrible experience.
3rd October 2006 10:32 AM
SweetVirginia Nice to have you back JB.

You have a lot to catch up on. See Witchita thread for
Feej's adventures with Charlie.

The AC show will be impervious to the weather.

SV

3rd October 2006 10:32 AM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:

A very disappointing trip, except for bumping into Boomhauer and his Mom-really good people!!! The set-list was as vanilla as I have ever experienced, and if I am to be truthful, I enjoyed Alice Cooper much more. Overall, a horrible experience.

Very sad you went to see them despite the many warnings...
3rd October 2006 10:34 AM
jb
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
Nice to have you back JB.

SV

Churchill Downs was ill -equipped to handle the 45-49k attendees. I have not experienced anything that bad sinxce GA in the 70's. Truly one of the worst venues I have ever atteneded, and Stones sealed it with the lamest set-list this entire tour.
3rd October 2006 10:34 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
jb wrote:

Aw shit, sorry to hear it.
Ya shoulda hit Giants, JB, it was AMAZING.
AC will more than make up for Louisville, I promise you.
3rd October 2006 10:35 AM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:

Very sad you went to see them despite the many warnings...

Total mistake.....and I brough my 10 yr old as well. We did, however, have breakfest next to Alice Cooper, who is a very nice man. He spent a few minutes talking to us and treated my son very kindly.
3rd October 2006 10:36 AM
F505 Does he still play with snakes?
[Edited by F505]
3rd October 2006 10:37 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
Nice to have you back JB.

SV

Yes, Feej's adventure in Wichita and Jumping Jack's in Louisville! We're on a roll!
3rd October 2006 10:39 AM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:

sorry to hear about the lame experience...

www.alicecooper.com

3rd October 2006 10:40 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Yes. Florida is now the laughingstock of the country....at least until the Dolphins come to Foxboro next weekend.
3rd October 2006 10:40 AM
jb I am very happy for Fiji!!! ANd to think, some made fun of the Wichita show..lol!!!!
3rd October 2006 10:42 AM
jb
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Yes, he is from my district. We all knew about his sexual orientation, but obviously he had some other issues.
3rd October 2006 10:43 AM
jb
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Yes. Florida is now the laughingstock of the country....at least until the Dolphins come to Foxboro next weekend.

The stadium was so difficult to transverse, that I could not even greet Pug . It was impossible to move.
3rd October 2006 10:54 AM
Moonisup jb. please tell. is florida for democrats or not>
how was the show?
sold out?
how was keith? MIA again or not.

3rd October 2006 11:04 AM
jb
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
jb. please tell. is florida for democrats or not>
how was the show?
sold out?
how was keith? MIA again or not.

Hi Rik!!!
Florida is, sadly, a red state. We have a few democrats, but once you leave south florida, it is like being in the deep south. The legislature is controlled by right wing fanatics, the Governor is Jeb Bush, the current President's brother, and the panhandle(northern florida) is the controlled by the bible thumpers.
The show was very boring. The Stones sounded fine, but it was an unimaginative set-list, and with the heavy downpour, I was totally not into it. Keith and Ronnie actually played fine. I thought Keith was very good on YGTS and Little T and A. The rain caused them to not goof around as much and they actually looked at their guitars and played well imo. Mick was very subdued by the rain and was unable to really move for fear of slipping.
The crowd was a very weak 45-50k.It was not sold out and plenty of tickets were available. I saw Michael Cohl at the Sellbach Hilton, but was too disgusted to even go up and talk to him. Bobby Keyess was friendly, and as I stated above, Alice Cooper(great show) was very nice. I could not, in good faith, reccommend that anyone attend any further shows. There is simply nothing new to offer. This was the first time I absolutely felt no excitement from the time they hit the stage until the end...The played very well, but it just was nothing that I have not seen 50 times before.
3rd October 2006 11:11 AM
throbby jb wrote:
This was the first time I absolutely felt no excitement from the time they hit the stage until the end...

Christ jb, sounds like a major mental Omaha.

I'm thinking no southern belles in your weekend as well.
3rd October 2006 11:12 AM
Nellcote Florida also has the distinction of:
The 'Canes
The 'Phins
Not able to host a Stones Show this tour.

JB, you made a major mistake not attending
Gillette or Giants.
Sadly, I predicted this.
Chevy & wife were treated graciously despite his 'phins representation.
You need to bring this up a notch next time.

Did you at least have a mint juliep?

Saban is embarrasing his linkage to Belichik, please advise him he needs to take an unmarked vehicle to The Razor this Sunday, as we do not want to be humiliated being seen in the same state as him.
3rd October 2006 11:19 AM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
jb wrote:
This was the first time I absolutely felt no excitement from the time they hit the stage until the end...

Christ jb, sounds like a major mental Omaha.

I'm thinking no southern belles in your weekend as well.

LOL!!! Not with 10 yr old in tote...I know I sound a bit negative. Maybe it was the weather, the terrible venue, or just too many shows. On a positive note, they did sound very good. I have no complaints with the actual performance-they were crystal clear(if not a bit too low ),and Keith was much better than I anticipated. AC/Beacon will be my last hurrah!!!
3rd October 2006 11:19 AM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Florida also has the distinction of:
The 'Canes
The 'Phins
Not able to host a Stones Show this tour.

JB, you made a major mistake not attending
Gillette or Giants.
Sadly, I predicted this.
Chevy & wife were treated graciously despite his 'phins representation.
You need to bring this up a notch next time.

Did you at least have a mint juliep?

Saban is embarrasing his linkage to Belichik, please advise him he needs to take an unmarked vehicle to The Razor this Sunday, as we do not want to be humiliated being seen in the same state as him.

You forgot to add that Mark Foley is my districts representative!!!
3rd October 2006 11:20 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Baby Josh Magnolia ?!

[Edited by Joey]
3rd October 2006 11:21 AM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

Baby Josh Magnolia ?!

We missed you ....

Hello Joey!!! You should have gone to Wichita with Baby Fiji!!!
3rd October 2006 11:23 AM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

Baby Josh Magnolia ?!

[Edited by Joey]

Let me also add, it was a pleasure hanging out with asteargoby and his friend Mark!!! Also, some other nice people from various boards. I also enjoyed the Louisville Slugger manufacturing plant and the Ali museum.
3rd October 2006 11:24 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
jb wrote:

I could not, in good faith, reccommend that anyone attend any further shows. There is simply nothing new to offer. This was the first time I absolutely felt no excitement from the time they hit the stage until the end...The played very well, but it just was nothing that I have not seen 50 times before.

You just have to choose the right shows. We've been getting stuff like "Just My Imagination" in other venues.

AC will be better. Beacon, too.

SV
3rd October 2006 11:26 AM
jb
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

You just have to choose the right shows. We've been getting stuff like "Just My Imagination" in other venues.

AC will be better. Beacon, too.

SV

Pug and I were disappointed....and yes, I made a huge mistake not attending Gillette/Giants/ and even Wichita!!! I thought the Churchill Downs venue would be unique-and it was-the worst logistics for a concert I have ever attended.
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
You forgot to add that Mark Foley is my districts representative!!!

Well I just hope he's not representaive of your district.
Saint Sway Welcome back!

You were wise to shun Pug and not greet him. He really steared you wrong about this show.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)