ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Ladies and Gentlemen... From Barcelona: The Smoking Stones!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hello Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
3rd October 2006 11:27 AM
LadyJane Joshy...I felt so badly for you.

Sounds like an awful experience. Horrid setlist and weather conditions.

Wichita, on the other hand, a better show.

I have hope for a good setlist in Chicago.

LJ.
3rd October 2006 11:30 AM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Joshy...I felt so badly for you.

Sounds like an awful experience. Horrid setlist and weather conditions.

Wichita, on the other hand, a better show.

I have hope for a good setlist in Chicago.

LJ.

All of the above....they sounded very good, but it was hard to enjoy. We were dead center on the cat walk...I enjoyed, as always, bonding with my son, and meeting some very nice people. By the way, I had to fly in a 30 seat jet to get there and back-another horroring experience.
3rd October 2006 11:53 AM
Egbert Things aren't all bad:

http://entertainment.msn.com/tv/hotgossip/10-02-06_2?GT1=7703

3rd October 2006 11:56 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

All of the above....they sounded very good, but it was hard to enjoy. We were dead center on the cat walk...I enjoyed, as always, bonding with my son, and meeting some very nice people. By the way, I had to fly in a 30 seat jet to get there and back-another horroring experience.

The one positive we can take out of this, is that clearly, the end is here/near. This will really give us a good idea as to which fans are able to live regular lives without the Stones, I estimate 82% of this board will be fine with 17% unable to function normally for several years (with 1% undecided).

I enjoyed the sound quality and the nice people I met at the preparty and in the venue, but did not enjoy Louisville, their decision to close Interstate 65 without detour signage, the awful setlist, the inept security (instead of being patted down, i was asked "Do you have anything you shouldn't have?"), the awful cab situation afterwards, and the decision to only keep a minimal amount of entrances/exits to and from the field. Everyone involved, including the horses and jockeys, should be ashamed of themselves. From now on, I will not stop in Louisville until this is corrected. While travelling on business, I will refuse all flights that have layovers in Louisville (a few areas such as Jackson, MI do not have direct flights from Chicago!).

Chicago better have a better setlist! Sadly, scheduling an outdoor show in October at Soldier Field has the makings of an "ADDA Disaster"!!!!!
3rd October 2006 12:11 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

The one positive we can take out of this, is that clearly, the end is here/near. This will really give us a good idea as to which fans are able to live regular lives without the Stones, I estimate 82% of this board will be fine with 17% unable to function normally for several years (with 1% undecided).

I enjoyed the sound quality and the nice people I met at the preparty and in the venue, but did not enjoy Louisville, their decision to close Interstate 65 without detour signage, the awful setlist, the inept security (instead of being patted down, i was asked "Do you have anything you shouldn't have?"), the awful cab situation afterwards, and the decision to only keep a minimal amount of entrances/exits to and from the field. Everyone involved, including the horses and jockeys, should be ashamed of themselves. From now on, I will not stop in Louisville until this is corrected. While travelling on business, I will refuse all flights that have layovers in Louisville (a few areas such as Jackson, MI do not have direct flights from Chicago!).

Chicago better have a better setlist! Sadly, scheduling an outdoor show in October at Soldier Field has the makings of an "ADDA Disaster"!!!!!

Very well put, Pug.
3rd October 2006 12:12 PM
jb
quote:
Egbert wrote:
Things aren't all bad:

http://entertainment.msn.com/tv/hotgossip/10-02-06_2?GT1=7703

Thanks for the cheer up!!!
3rd October 2006 12:17 PM
Some Guy Pug has learned much.
3rd October 2006 12:19 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Hello Joey!!! You should have gone to Wichita with Baby Fiji!!!

Wichita scares young Joey ......

.....so does Baby Fiji !
3rd October 2006 12:22 PM
Ten Thousand Motels In my day....when I was a kid....Stones fans were the most rebellious and revolutionary fans around...now it's all this bland shit ... Entertainment Today type stuff....what's happened????
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
3rd October 2006 12:24 PM
jb
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
In my day....when I was a kid....Stones fans were the most rebellious and revolutionary fans around...now it's all this bland shit ... Entertainment Today type stuff....what's happened?????

dudes getting old.
3rd October 2006 12:25 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

dudes getting old.

3rd October 2006 12:28 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

Any new "Who" news?
3rd October 2006 12:34 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
dudes getting old.

Yup. I feel old....a million years old. I knew a kid one time, oh about 25 years ago who had attended a ton of Grateful Dead concerts with his mother before he was 10. When I knew him he was only about 20....but his eyes were the eyes of an old man. It kind of scared me.

3rd October 2006 12:36 PM
jb
quote:

Yup. I feel old....a million years old. I knew a kid one time, oh about 25 years ago who had attended a ton of Grateful Dead concerts with his mother before he was 10. When I knew him he was only about 20....but his eyes were the eyes of an old man. It kind of scared me.

I am fasciculating and have feet and calf pain.
3rd October 2006 12:39 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

I am fasciculating and have feet and calf pain.

hammer toes?
3rd October 2006 12:40 PM
jb Plnatar fisiatis?
3rd October 2006 12:43 PM
Saint Sway
quote:

your avatar freaks me out
3rd October 2006 12:44 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
jb wrote:

Any new "Who" news?

They are playing in Vegas the night before the Stones.
Could be quite a couple of days for you if you go.

SV
3rd October 2006 12:46 PM
jb You shall be greeted.
3rd October 2006 01:44 PM
Joey
I continue to suffer from flank pain, chronic IBS, benign fasciculation, and other stress related conditions. This includes rectal irritation, burning sensations upon urination, swollen glands, loose skin, and a very painful bile duct. Lately, this stress has caused scalp twitching, which I fear is a symptom of a major, terminal ailment.

Tee Hee
3rd October 2006 02:29 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

I continue to suffer from flank pain, chronic IBS, benign fasciculation, and other stress related conditions. This includes rectal irritation, burning sensations upon urination, swollen glands, loose skin, and a very painful bile duct. Lately, this stress has caused scalp twitching, which I fear is a symptom of a major, terminal ailment.

Tee Hee

Sadly, my performance on WGN was aired again yesterday....humiliating!
3rd October 2006 02:34 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Sadly, my performance on WGN was aired again yesterday....humiliating!

I will donate $23.00 for your walk for the cure....
3rd October 2006 03:21 PM
Sir Stonesalot >In my day....when I was a kid....Stones fans were the most rebellious and revolutionary fans around...now it's all this bland shit ... Entertainment Today type stuff....what's happened?????<

That's what I've been saying for a couple of years now TTM. My MOM likes ABB. WTF is up with THAT? Mom's are supposed to HATE The Stones with gusto, you know? That shit just ain't right. And I'm telling you man...that fucking snapped something in me. She said to me, "Hey I saw The Rolling Stones on Days of Our Lives! I really enjoyed it. The song they did was really nice.". I wanted to crawl under the chair I was sitting on.

There is no air of menace or danger now. They are no longer Rock n Roll Rebels. They are not Black Sheep. The edge is gone(and I'm not talking about U2's crappy guitar player either! We can only WISH that that Edge was gone!). And that was one of the very things that drew me so strongly to The Stones in the first place...that edge and menace. IMO, they just ain't as good without that stuff.

The Stones have become nice and safe. Quaint gentelemen. And that shit just ain't right either. Pete Townsend said when inducting the Stones into the RnRHOF..."Don't grow old gracefully boys, it wouldn't suit you." Well, they DID get old gracefully. And Pete was right...it DOESN'T suit them.

I think that has translated over to the fans too. Back in the day...you KNEW there was gonna be trouble at a Stones show. Put that many badass Stones fans at one place at one time, and chemicals and alcohol...there was gonna be trouble. Now, you can take your little kids to a Stones show and not really worry too much about the stuff that they might see. Yeah TTM...WTF happened???
[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
3rd October 2006 03:29 PM
jb
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>In my day....when I was a kid....Stones fans were the most rebellious and revolutionary fans around...now it's all this bland shit ... Entertainment Today type stuff....what's happened?????<

That's what I've been saying for a couple of years now TTM. My MOM likes ABB. WTF is up with THAT? Mom's are supposed to HATE The Stones with gusto, you know? That shit just ain't right. And I'm telling you man...that fucking snapped something in me. She said to me, "Hey I saw The Rolling Stones on Days of Our Lives! I really enjoyed it. The song they did was really nice.". I wanted to crawl under the chair I was sitting on.

There is no air of menace or danger now. They are no longer Rock n Roll Rebels. They are not Black Sheep. The edge is gone(and I'm not talking about U2's crappy guitar player either! We can only WISH that that Edge was gone!). And that was one of the very things that drew me so strongly to The Stones in the first place...that edge and menace. IMO, they just ain't as good without that stuff.

The Stones have become nice and safe. Quaint gentelemen. And that shit just ain't right either. Pete Townsend said when inducting the Stones into the RnRHOF..."Don't grow old gracefully boys, it wouldn't suit you." Well, they DID get old gracefully. And Pete was right...it DOESN'T suit them.

I think that has translated over to the fans too. Back in the day...you KNEW there was gonna be trouble at a Stones show. Put that many badass Stones fans at one place at one time, and chemicals and alcohol...there was gonna be trouble. Now, you can take your little kids to a Stones show and not really worry too much about the stuff that they might see. Yeah TTM...WTF happened???
[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]

Very well stated...the Stones, like other mainstream acts, became family freindly. They made hundreds of millions of dollars making this calculated move, but they sold any integrity theyhad, out the window.
3rd October 2006 03:31 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Pug has learned much.

I'm busy. Is this thread worth reading?
3rd October 2006 03:31 PM
Egbert I'm not sure how partying/falling out of trees, illegitimate children with Brazilian models, or revolving doors at rehab clinics fits into the aging gracefully model.

But I get the gist of what yer saying, SS. I would say it's a matter of loss of taste as much as attitude. And they're not spring chickens anymore...

[Edited by Egbert]
3rd October 2006 03:32 PM
Some Guy
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

I'm busy. Is this thread worth reading?

nah.
3rd October 2006 03:57 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
jb wrote:
This was the first time I absolutely felt no excitement from the time they hit the stage until the end...The played very well, but it just was nothing that I have not seen 50 times before.

But see, there are a lot of stones fans who have not seen the Stones as many times as some of you people here. For some people, the warhorses are completely new. Hell, the first time I went to see them last year in Tampa, all I wanted to hear was the warhorses, and I got that and had the time of my life.
3rd October 2006 05:46 PM
Sir Stonesalot I agree with you mrhipfl. At any given show, maybe 5% off the people there have ever seen the band more than once. Many are Stones gig virgins.

THAT is who The Stones play to every night.

It's certainly not us.

But you know...I LIKE those warhorses. Those songs are some of the greatest...if not THE greatest Rock n Roll songs ever penned. I mean...they just GOTTA play those songs, you know? I'd be pissed if I spent a ton of money on a ticket and DIDN'T hear Jumping Jack Flash.
3rd October 2006 06:02 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I'd be pissed if I spent a ton of money on a ticket and DIDN'T hear Jumping Jack Flash.

I would spent a ton of money NOT to hear JJF for the 349876th time.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)