ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Ladies and Gentlemen... From Barcelona: The Smoking Stones!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hello Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
3rd October 2006 06:31 PM
Sir Stonesalot I could hear JJF every day from not until the Sun goes Supernova and turns the Earth into cosmic dust...and never get tired of it.

And you missed the point. The point is that 95% of the stadium HASN'T heard JJF as many times as you or I. If it was your first or second show, and you paid a small fortune to see The Stones, and they DIDN'T play HTM, or JJF, or Brown Sugar...it would piss you off, no? Those people are paying to see what we call the "warhorses". They don't call them that, they just call 'em "great Rock n Roll songs".
3rd October 2006 06:52 PM
Saint Sway I think the numbers of first timers at shows has declined rather steadily. At this point every one on the planet has been at least once
3rd October 2006 07:17 PM
GotToRollMe At Giants, they were playing for us, and damn if that didn't feel good. I've seen a lot of bands and a lot of shows...so many that I forget half of 'em...but I will never forget that night.
3rd October 2006 08:02 PM
Stonesgail
quote:
jb wrote:
Plnatar fisiatis?

Plantar Fasciitis

(I work for an orthopaedic surgeon part-time.)

Welcome back (again) Josh!
3rd October 2006 08:11 PM
TomL I'm still looking for Aleacia Keys................
3rd October 2006 08:26 PM
Sir Jack Regan
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I agree with you mrhipfl. At any given show, maybe 5% off the people there have ever seen the band more than once. Many are Stones gig virgins.

THAT is who The Stones play to every night.

It's certainly not us.

But you know...I LIKE those warhorses. Those songs are some of the greatest...if not THE greatest Rock n Roll songs ever penned. I mean...they just GOTTA play those songs, you know? I'd be pissed if I spent a ton of money on a ticket and DIDN'T hear Jumping Jack Flash.

Damn right.... these songs are their legacy, the ones that (the cool)kids will listen to in 50/100 years time. Not Sway, not Time Waits For No-one, not CYHMK. Keep 'em in the set!
4th October 2006 04:12 AM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

And you missed the point. The point is that 95% of the stadium HASN'T heard JJF as many times as you or I. If it was your first or second show, and you paid a small fortune to see The Stones, and they DIDN'T play HTM, or JJF, or Brown Sugar...it would piss you off, no?

I wasn't talking on behalf of 95% of the stadium. I just gave my personal view. To answer your second question: yes.
4th October 2006 07:39 AM
chevysales
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Florida also has the distinction of:
The 'Canes
The 'Phins
Not able to host a Stones Show this tour.

JB, you made a major mistake not attending
Gillette or Giants.
Sadly, I predicted this.
Chevy & wife were treated graciously despite his 'phins representation.
You need to bring this up a notch next time.

Did you at least have a mint juliep?

Saban is embarrasing his linkage to Belichik, please advise him he needs to take an unmarked vehicle to The Razor this Sunday, as we do not want to be humiliated being seen in the same state as him.

i fear a serious blowout as pats are not as i had thought on the decline... imagine the horror of a pats-jets run for the afc east... a dreadful thought.
meanwhile we have regressed... saban gets no more passes from the media in soflo or with the fans and rightly so after another year of ignoring our offensive line woes.

pats win by 3 tds minimum... while jt adds to his total of having more sacks on brady than anyone else in the league.

we suck. there i said it
[Edited by chevysales]
4th October 2006 07:43 AM
chevysales
quote:
jb wrote:
Plnatar fisiatis?

painful...celebex and orthotics.
4th October 2006 07:58 AM
Nellcote Chevy, you know the Pats/'Phins is always a slugfest, I do not look for anything different. Don't be so sure about the sack factor though, as the Offensive D of the Pats is racheting up big time. You guys don't protect the run, your 3td blowout is a given. WTF, should've took Brees, Salt & Peppa is not even Pop Warner. And you laughed me off in July about Mangini....You've not been watching your AFC East as good as I thought.....On a brighter side, Gillette was pissa...
4th October 2006 08:04 AM
chevysales
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Chevy, you know the Pats/'Phins is always a slugfest, I do not look for anything different. Don't be so sure about the sack factor though, as the Offensive D of the Pats is racheting up big time. You guys don't protect the run, your 3td blowout is a given. WTF, should've took Brees, Salt & Peppa is not even Pop Warner. And you laughed me off in July about Mangini....You've not been watching your AFC East as good as I thought.....On a brighter side, Gillette was pissa...

a true fan always become delusional when trying to replace alegend for 7 years and having lived thru the worst... well i thought the worst was past us but it has reared it's ugly head.

with you on the brees thing as he sure looks better now.

for whatever reason jt always has goten a few against the pats... it does amaze me though who no matter who is on your oline that brady gets so much time to pass... i expect this will continue this week while he uses toght ends to rip us to shreds... we have been especially weak against tightends in coverage see zach and his coverage against steelers and titans.

but i will still watch this week as i am a gluten for punishment.
4th October 2006 09:20 AM
glencar Chicago is only ONE week away!
4th October 2006 09:38 AM
Jumping Jack "if I am to be truthful, I enjoyed Alice Cooper much more."

SARS 2 ???
4th October 2006 09:42 AM
Nellcote Glenny, Chicago is a Wicked Pissa city, sadly, once again, work & family are in the way. They don't realize when I tell them these are "not to miss" events...Possibly, we can enlist you for some undercover work on the petition drive which one Mr. Sway is putting together...
[Edited by Nellcote]
4th October 2006 09:47 AM
mojoman
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
At Giants, they were playing for us, and damn if that didn't feel good. I've seen a lot of bands and a lot of shows...so many that I forget half of 'em...but I will never forget that night.

exactly. as much as i hate stadiums and i swore i wouldn't go again i went i and it was awesome. the pre-party was great, the vibe was good and the show just rocked!!!
4th October 2006 09:54 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
glencar wrote:
Chicago is only ONE week away!

*tingle*
4th October 2006 09:56 AM
LadyJane
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

*tingle*

One week...7 days...Good friends, Great City, The Rolling Stones.

Major tingle.

LJ.
4th October 2006 09:57 AM
glencar
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Glenny, Chicago is a Wicked Pissa city, sadly, once again, work & family are in the way. They don't realize when I tell them these are "not to miss" events...Possibly, we can enlist you for some undercover work on the petition drive which one Mr. Sway is putting together...
[Edited by Nellcote]

I refuse to participate in that idiot's nonsense. If I thought he really cared, maybe, but he's such an asshole that I must wish for better songs up there.
4th October 2006 11:18 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
I refuse to participate in that idiot's nonsense. If I thought he really cared, maybe, but he's such an asshole that I must wish for better songs up there.

Sadly, a footnote referring to Blondie has been added next to my name, completely negating any effectiveness his "efforts" would have.
4th October 2006 11:19 AM
jb Are you going to the Tim Ries project???
4th October 2006 11:24 AM
glencar Tim Ries seems like a nice guy. When is he playing? I'm doing whatever everyone else is doing. Mostly drinking, I guess...
4th October 2006 11:26 AM
Joey

Nanky ?!

voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Tim Ries seems like a nice guy. When is he playing? I'm doing whatever everyone else is doing. Mostly drinking, I guess...

Are you participating in the walk for juvenile diabetes on Sunday in Chicago? jb has promised a donation, but similar to Cohl's ticket price pledges, has not come through yet!
glencar Joey, that's sadly inappropriate this week...
4th October 2006 11:27 AM
glencar
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Are you participating in the walk for juvenile diabetes on Sunday in Chicago? jb has promised a donation, but similar to Cohl's ticket price pledges, has not come through yet!

Sunday? I don't arrive until day of show. I will be antiquing the day after. Does Chicago have an Antique Mall?
4th October 2006 12:09 PM
Egbert
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
In my day....when I was a kid....Stones fans were the most rebellious and revolutionary fans around...now it's all this bland shit ... Entertainment Today type stuff....what's happened????

LOL - this from the guy who starts the "Sexiest Celebrities - Mick #7" thread!
4th October 2006 01:47 PM
nanatod
quote:
glencar wrote:
Sunday? Does Chicago have an Antique Mall?

Along Belmont Avenue near Damen, there are a bunch of stores that allegedly have "antiques," but I've not checked them out myself, as I have no desire to collect same.

Some friends seem to always be finding antiques at garage sales and the like, especially as they have a second home in Eastern Iowa, and hit the sales in the small towns on their way there.
4th October 2006 05:31 PM
Joey
quote:
nanatod wrote:

Some friends seem to always be finding antiques at garage sales and the like, especially as they have a second home in Eastern Iowa, and hit the sales in the small towns on their way there.

http://www.brazenheadpub.com/

4th October 2006 05:40 PM
nanatod
quote:
Joey wrote:
http://www.brazenheadpub.com/

Their home in Eastern Iowa is nowhere near Omaha.
4th October 2006 05:50 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Sunday? I don't arrive until day of show. I will be antiquing the day after. Does Chicago have an Antique Mall?

yes: Wrigley Field

(see: Kerry Woods Future, Mark Prior's balls, the Towell Drill, Aramis Ramirez's understanding of the word "TEAM", Michael Barrets Scrotum and contents, Ryan Dempster's talent......all of these things were easy to find a few years ago.....now they are more rare than JB driving a PT Cruiser)

in all seriousness, this is a popular antique mall in Chicago:

http://www.edgewaterantiquemall.com/

Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)