ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Sue the good one... from Seattle
© 2005 Kevin Mazur with thanks to Sue!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Kate Moss (ns) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
September 23rd, 2005 08:02 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Hi Alex! Are the babyshambles coming to US?

I can't see it happening at the moment to be honest. He and his band mates have to learn to complete a UK tour before they should even contemplate crossing the pond. The current tour was postponed and has just started up again. As I'm sure I've told you before, Pete has a habit of ruining gigs with his drunken antics and sometimes in the past he just hasn't bothered to show at all.

It's all about Pete. If he can pull himself together and the band can FINALLY get they're album released, who knows, maybe they'll have a future. It's all doom and gloom at the moment. The whole Kate Moss affair hasn't helped. Maybe now they've split, some of the attention will be taken off him and he can concentrate on getting his once promising music career back on track.

September 23rd, 2005 08:26 AM
Poplar I've always wanted a piece of Kate Moss.
These pics people are talking about would do nothing but give me a woody.

[Edited by Poplar]
September 23rd, 2005 12:20 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Poplar wrote:
I've always wanted a piece of Kate Moss.
These pics people are talking about would do nothing but give me a woody.

[Edited by Poplar]

The cover from the Mirror is damn hot! Those legs make you want to do a rail off of them! The pic is posted over at Maxy's,
September 23rd, 2005 02:12 PM
texile
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

bloody hell riffy - would you call keith out for the exact same thing?? - after all he's been "guilty" of it

i'm just struck by the hypocrisy of it all and the blatant sexism - celebrity male is busted snorting coke - it's all "boys will be boys" or "isn't that glamourous - live fast die young" stuff

celebrity woman gets busted snorting coke - she loses all her work and is put down for being an unfit mother and a bad "role model" (god i hate that term and all that it implies)- if the press were so concerned about the effect this sort of thing has on impressionable youngsters why the hell do they print it in the first place - as a said total hypocrisy

makes you want to spit

excellent post stoned-aussie
September 23rd, 2005 02:18 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Hello, Speedfreakjive. I think Pete Doherty is brilliant. I haven't seen him on Live 8, but I've seen his live performances.

I don't think he's a brilliant front man (like Iggy or Mick), but I do think he's a brilliant songwriter.

Come to think of it, I don't think Dylan is a great live performer either...lol

Yeah, but i don't think he really takes his music seriously. He's more of an image figure.
September 23rd, 2005 03:01 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

Yeah, but i don't think he really takes his music seriously. He's more of an image figure.

Pete Doherty DOES take his music seriously. It's his drugs consumption that gets in the way. The crack and heroin abuse has seriously clouded his judgement and attitude over the past couple of years. If he weren’t an addict, the Libertines would probably be working on a third brilliant album now.

It's the press and his relationship with Kate Moss which has rendered him "An image figure" Its sad, but true.
September 23rd, 2005 08:20 PM
Riffhard
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

bloody hell riffy - would you call keith out for the exact same thing?? - after all he's been "guilty" of it

i'm just struck by the hypocrisy of it all and the blatant sexism - celebrity male is busted snorting coke - it's all "boys will be boys" or "isn't that glamourous - live fast die young" stuff

celebrity woman gets busted snorting coke - she loses all her work and is put down for being an unfit mother and a bad "role model" (god i hate that term and all that it implies)- if the press were so concerned about the effect this sort of thing has on impressionable youngsters why the hell do they print it in the first place - as a said total hypocrisy

makes you want to spit

LOL! Hey SIA I was half joking there big guy! Although I will say this. I think that a young woman who has gained so much through her work,and has children is very admirable. To fuck all that up by digging into a sack of blow is just flat out stupid. Coke is a very fucked up drug,and I have never once done it,and not felt guilty for it the next day. Hence I do not do the shit anymore. If your a rock star you get a pass,right or wrong,because your fan base will still buy your album,or go to your concert. A model who gets caught in a compromising photo risks loosing her contracts. That is exactly what has happened here. She got caught because she was stupid,and has had a reputation for drug use. The media were looking to bust her. We are talking about the British tabloids here afterall! Clumsy,and stupid is no way to go through life.

As for the celebrity angle of it all. Cry me a fucking river Kate! Gee,sucks huh? I know damn good and well that her kids will not be removed from her custody,and that is because she IS a celebrity. Plus she's loaded. If there were a picture of me,or you,doing lines our kids would be in state custody. That's a fact.

I just have a tough time feeling sorry for someone that is so careless,and reckless with their drug intake. Especially when there are children involved. When I decided to have kids I quit doing the things that I used to do. It's called responsiblity,and Kate Moss has shown that she does not feel that she has to change her lifestyle to fit her motherhood status. I think that's what I would call selfishness. Hey I'm no angel. I still love my beer,and the occassional joint,but once the kids came into the picture the blow,and all other narrcotics went out the window.

Plus Kate Moss did not write "Satisfaction"!

Riffhard
September 23rd, 2005 08:44 PM
stonedinaustralia okay riffy - put like that i can see your point a little more clearly

i agree with what you say re celebrity in that it does grease the wheels but i think that's more a function of the money that comes with it as opposed to the celebrity per se(i.e. if some other dude had been caught in keith's toronto position then the odds of him getting off with some type of community service order would have been in direct proportion to the amount of $$ he had to throw at the problem - but there's no big surprise in that whether you like it or not) - also keith's abundance of cash made the trafficing charge a nonsense - but i digress

i still maintain tho (celebrity or not) , that a double standard seems to apply when it comes to the reaction a woman gets as opposed to a man inthis sortof situation

and no kate didn't write satisfaction but then keith never fucked johnny depp ('tho i wonder if jonny wouldn't have jumped at it if he had the opportunity!! - not that there's anything wrong with that!!)

September 23rd, 2005 08:49 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
texile wrote:

excellent post stoned-aussie

hi texile and thank you

i trust you are out of harm's way?
September 23rd, 2005 08:55 PM
jb She loves orgies too!!! She is the best!!!
September 23rd, 2005 08:58 PM
_Boomy_ JB! Sup!
September 23rd, 2005 09:01 PM
Riffhard
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

i still maintain tho (celebrity or not) , that a double standard seems to apply when it comes to the reaction a woman gets as opposed to a man inthis sortof situation

and no kate didn't write satisfaction but then keith never fucked johnny depp ('tho i wonder if jonny wouldn't have jumped at it if he had the opportunity!! - not that there's anything wrong with that!!)

OK we cool then. I completely agree with you on the double standard issue btw. The thing is that she should know that fact going in. That's why I have a tough time feeling sorry for her. She HAD to know what this kind of photo would do to her career,her reputation,and her kids lives. Yet,she chose to put herself into a very compromising position. I also agree with with whoever said that these "journalists" are out there doing blow themselves. Hypocrisy abounds in these little clique circles.

Ofcourse,a picture of photojournalist "John Doe" won't bring in the big bucks! It's all about the cash! Fucking pathetic if you ask me! Kate Moss' life,and career is fucked right now because of her blatant stupidity. Meanwhile the cat that sold the picture is sitting pretty,and probably celebrating with an eight ball of Peruvian flake,and bottle of Cristal!

As for Keith doing Depp? Uh,well....that's a visual I don't need.

Riffhard
September 23rd, 2005 09:04 PM
jb
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
JB! Sup!

I was on the radio iun Washington today making a substantial donation to Gulf Coast victims.
September 23rd, 2005 09:12 PM
LadyJane Did you win??????

LJ.
September 23rd, 2005 09:14 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Did you win??????

LJ.

I always win...off course!!! On the radio for 5 minutes in Washington ....I am a "star".
[Edited by jb]
September 23rd, 2005 09:18 PM
LadyJane Shall we share the prize with the Board???? Or would that be a breach of security???

I commend your generosity!

LJ.
September 23rd, 2005 09:25 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Shall we share the prize with the Board???? Or would that be a breach of security???

I commend your generosity!

LJ.

NO need too............only my real friends need to know...........I am a jew and jews are the most generous people in the world as we have suffered over thousands of years..RIP Simon Wiesenthal and hopefully Mel Gibson will die of painful bone cancer.
September 23rd, 2005 09:25 PM
LadyJane Have you been drinkin???

I say YES.

LJ.
September 23rd, 2005 09:28 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Have you been drinkin???

I say YES.

LJ.

Wouldn't you be if you were in my place? JW Blue with 2 cubes..just like we did at the 4 Seasons(you had a Pina Colada?)
September 23rd, 2005 09:30 PM
LadyJane No...I was drinking Cosmo's...on YOUR tab of course.

Such a generous friend.

I'm enjoying a Seabreeze at the moment.

LJ.
September 23rd, 2005 09:33 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
No...I was drinking Cosmo's...on YOUR tab of course.

Such a generous friend.

I'm enjoying a Seabreeze at the moment.

LJ.

You are a great friend....shall we see you soon?
September 23rd, 2005 09:50 PM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:

You are a great friend....shall we see you soon?

Right back at you, my Boca Buddy.

Probably won't see you until January....but ya never know.

LJ.
September 23rd, 2005 09:53 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Right back at you, my Boca Buddy.

Probably won't see you until January....but ya never know.

LJ.

Pitt is wide open as well as Wachovia 1 and 2............also Hershey .........
September 23rd, 2005 09:56 PM
LadyJane The only true sellouts are Miami and DC, no???

LJ.
September 23rd, 2005 10:02 PM
jb Albany, Columbus, SBC1, MSG(almost)
September 24th, 2005 01:26 AM
glencar What an asshole.
September 24th, 2005 07:04 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

As for Keith doing Depp? Uh,well....that's a visual I don't need.

no, i said depp doing keith (which of course he's already done)!!
September 26th, 2005 08:10 AM
Factory Girl Alex, I agree with your post.

If it wasn't for Pete's self-destructive tendencies, the Liberines would still be an active band.

What is Carl Barat up to now?
September 26th, 2005 12:02 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Alex, I agree with your post.

If it wasn't for Pete's self-destructive tendencies, the Liberines would still be an active band.

What is Carl Barat up to now?

Carl Barat has either gone solo or has formed a new band. I did hear something about it on the radio, but I can't remember. He’s playing gigs either way. However, John Hassel, the Libertines bass player, is in a band called Yeti. He's the singer and rhythm guitarist. I almost went to one of their gigs a while back and apparently, Carl Barat was there propping up the bar. A friend of mine at the gig said he was very approachable. If I was there, I could of asked him for you!
September 26th, 2005 12:40 PM
Factory Girl Alex, please ask Carl Barat for me. That would be most lovely.

Many Hugs,

FG!

PS. And what is the lovely Libs drummer up to???
[Edited by Factory Girl]
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)