ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Sue the good one... from Seattle
© 2005 Kevin Mazur with thanks to Sue!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Kate Moss (ns) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
September 26th, 2005 12:40 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
What an asshole.

???????????????????????
September 26th, 2005 12:53 PM
Honky Tonk Man [quote]Factory Girl wrote:
Alex, please ask Carl Barat for me. That would be most lovely.

Many Hugs,

FG!

PS. And what is the lovely Libs drummer up to???
[Edited by Factory Girl]
[/quote

Ha, ha, I will!

I really don't know what Gary (Libertines drummer) is up to these days. Though a freind of mine partied with him at a beach festival a few months back. He said he was a riot and drank like crazy!
September 26th, 2005 12:58 PM
Factory Girl FRom what I saw of Gary in the Libs videos-he is a riot and does drink like crazy. He is a great drummer, imo. I hope he continues to pursue music.

September 26th, 2005 01:04 PM
scratched Gary and Carl have formed a new band together:

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/barat%20launches%20new%20band

I just dusted off 'Up The Bracket' and have got it on now. Forgotten how good it is.
September 26th, 2005 01:09 PM
Factory Girl Thanks scratched!!
September 26th, 2005 02:50 PM
Factory Girl
http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/09/26/kate.moss.ap/index.html
September 26th, 2005 04:47 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
yes, she has had a problem with nose candy. Now she's losing modeling gigs over it.

Kind of ironic in an industry where everyone is taking it up the nose, or up the vein.

Hey, I know for a FACT some of them are taking it up the ass too!!
September 26th, 2005 06:44 PM
Honky Tonk Man Thanks Scrathed!

I knew Carl was still performing live, but I wasn't aware he'd formed a band with Gary!

Due to the antics of Pete Doherty, I think many people tend to forget that Carl Bart was actually the co-front man and songwriter in the Libertines. I think Doherty was a little more instrumental in they're success as songwriters, but Barat certainly played a big part.

I have high hopes for his new band. Heck, with Babyshambles in constant limbo, I reckon Barat could emerge as the real musical winner between the two.
September 26th, 2005 07:16 PM
scratched No problem!

I agree that Carl doesn't get the recognition he deserves and I hope his new band is a success.

I'm really looking forward to some new material from any of them. The Babyshambles album should have been out months ago! I saw them at ULU in around April/May time this year and they were surprisingly shit hot! Pete was totally on the ball and looked healthier than I've ever seen him, I really thought he'd sorted himself out and was gonna concentrate on his new band's album and prove all the critics wrong. Then he just seem to fuck it all up and go off the rails again.

He needs to show everyone that he is a talented artist and songwriter instead of the stuff that people see in the newspaper.
September 27th, 2005 08:19 AM
Honky Tonk Man Spot on scratched.

If Pete Doherty ditched the drugs and concentrated 100% on his music, we'd have a great Babyshambles album.

I'm seeing them next month at the Brixton Academy. I have high hopes of a great show, but you never know with this man. One minute he'll be putting on a blinding performance, the next time it'll be chaotic and awful.

Getting back to their album though. It really is getting ridiculous now. You can pre-order it on Amazon.co.uk, but who knows when it’ll be out. It should have been completed and in the shops months ago. I’ve read lots of different stories as to what’s holding it up. Some stories claim it’s because he sacked the other members and had to call them back, others read, believe it or not, that Doherty walked out and the others had to carry on recording without him. I’ve also read that it’s just a simple case of disagreeing about the album artwork. Christ, just fucking release it!

September 28th, 2005 05:47 AM
Honky Tonk Man For scratched, Factory Girl and anyone else who may be interested.
------------------------------------------------------------

Exclusive - Babyshambles album details revealed
NME.COM is first with the news

Babyshambles have confirmed to NME.COM details of their long-awaited debut album.

'Down In Albion' is released through Rough Trade Records on November 14. A single, 'Albion' will follow two weeks later on November 28.

The sixteen-track album was produced by Mick Jones and mixed by Mick Jones and Bill Price. The album contains recent single 'Fuck Forever', a new recording of their first Top Ten single 'Killamangiro' and other songs including 'Albion', 'Pipedown', 'Loyalty Song', 'What Katy Did Next', '32nd Of December' and 'Up The Morning'.

The band are currently touring the UK. For a full, backstage report on the dates so far, see this week's NME, which is out on Wednesday nationwide.

© IPC MEDIA 1996-2005, All rights reserved | Site User Terms | Privacy Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Buy Our Content
Missy Elliott (video)Help: A Day In The Life LP (audio)Help: A Day In The Life LP (audio)Happy Mondays (video)
In The Magazine

September 28th, 2005 06:18 AM
Voodoo Scrounge It will either fly and be a resounding success or it will bomb. Either way. I will be buying it.

Anybody know when we can expect a new Libertines effort?
[Edited by Voodoo Scrounge]
September 28th, 2005 06:31 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
It will either fly and be a resounding success or it will bomb. Either way. I will be buying it.

Anybody know when we can expect a new Libertines effort?
[Edited by Voodoo Scrounge]

Good or bad, with Doherty constantly in the headlines, I think it selling well is a certainty.

The Libertines ceased to be a band after Doherty was fired. I feel that they soldiered on without for a while, was to fulfil tour commitments. I don't think entering the studio without they're key singer/songwriter was every going to be on the cards. They did the right thing and split. Though, if I remember correctly, Carl Barat said something along the lines of "We're putting things on hold", so I suppose technically, they still exist as a band.
September 28th, 2005 06:33 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I have seen the libertines twice. Both with and without Pete. They were great with pete and they wernt bad without out him. I do think it may be worthwhile giving it a shot. I would be interested to hear what they come up with
September 28th, 2005 06:57 AM
Honky Tonk Man

I'm envious of anyone who saw The Libertines with Pete!

I saw the band in 2003 at The London Forum. Of course, Pete was still a member at this time, but he'd decided to do a runner shortly before the tour begun. It was the beginning of his downfall actually. They went to Japan without him soon after and it was then that he robbed Carl's flat and got himself banged up.

On the night of his release, they played a gig at The Tap N' Tin pub in Chatham. I often go there and to this day I kick myself that I wasn't present.

The sleeve photo on The Libertines album was taken at the pub too.

Anyway, back to the prospect of a third Libertines studio effort. It won't happen, but the band never officially split, so who knows?

September 28th, 2005 07:13 AM
Factory Girl Alex, thanks for the Babyshambles info. I hope the cd is available in the US.

I saw the Libs without Pete, and thought they were excellent.

Ironically, I think the Libs demise left the door wide open for Kings of Leon.
September 28th, 2005 07:31 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Alex, thanks for the Babyshambles info. I hope the cd is available in the US.

You can pre-order it on Amazon.com for $25.00

It's an import.
September 28th, 2005 08:28 AM
Factory Girl Yeah.

I can see probably BabyS for $25, if they ever ever cross the pond...
September 29th, 2005 07:01 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Ironically, I think the Libs demise left the door wide open for Kings of Leon.

I don't agree, certainly not over here in the UK. They certainly have yet to capitalize on the Libertines demise. I think the Libs reached or will do soon, a cult status in this Country.

The Kings Of Leon are okay, but all in all, they're just another Rock N' Roll band. The Libertines were a whole lot more.
September 29th, 2005 07:20 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Agreed
September 29th, 2005 05:00 PM
scratched Thanks for the album info HTM.
September 29th, 2005 05:28 PM
Joey " .... if Kate Moss is losing modeling contracts, I think it has more to do with the fact that she's over 30 "

BINGO !!!!!!
September 30th, 2005 06:41 AM
Factory Girl Alex,

How were the Libs much more than a rock band??

September 30th, 2005 08:00 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Alex,

How were the Libs much more than a rock band??

That's a tough one to explain, but I'll have a go.

The reason many others and I believe that the Libertines were more than just another band, is because it wasn't just about the great music they released. Like Babyshambles have now, The Libertines originally had a cult following and they and their initial batch of fans tried to promote this kind of bohemian lifestyle with all they're talk of Albion and old England. It’s absolute nonsense in all honesty! Listen to they're lyrics. They're VERY British and really, very out of date with modern society. WITHOUT trying to sound patronising, I'd of thought it would be difficult for Europeans or Americans to grasp what they're about and that’s why I make this point. Although I've stated above the reasons as to why they were more than another band, ultimately, it's all about the music and that's the real view I have.
September 30th, 2005 09:09 AM
Factory Girl Thank you, Alex.
September 30th, 2005 09:15 AM
Zeeta Good point the lyrics are VERY british - take for example: "There are fewer more distressing sights than that
Of an Englishman in a baseball cap"

Ultimately it's the music and it's fucking good music at that...total rock and roll!
September 30th, 2005 09:36 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
Good point the lyrics are VERY british - take for example: "There are fewer more distressing sights than that
Of an Englishman in a baseball cap"

Ultimately it's the music and it's fucking good music at that...total rock and roll!

Yes and also, what about Up The Bracket? That's old English slang for a punch on the nose. Like, "I have a good mind to punch him up the bracket"

WHO THE HELL SAY THAT THESE DAYS?

Also, what about that great line from What A Waster? Two Bob Cunt. How many people outside of Great Britain are to know that "Bob" is an old slang for our original currency. I'm not too sure how much that is!

That’s what I was trying to explain to Factory Girl, how are people across the pond and fellow Europeans supposed to understand they're nonsense lyrics?

That's why my dad hates them. He thinks they're lyrics are pathetic. He doesn't understand why these people are talking the language of people forty + years ago.
September 30th, 2005 09:44 AM
Zeeta Yeah and "what a fuckin div" LOL! Div?!! what the fuck! And Spiv...hilarious man! Love em! But yes surprising anyone else gets them but I guess you don't HAVE to know what the lyrics are all about to get it.
September 30th, 2005 09:49 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
???????????????????????

? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ?
September 30th, 2005 11:54 AM
monkey_man She's off to rehab I hear!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)