ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Tim (seersuckersuit)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The low point in Stones history Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
27th September 2006 02:21 AM
winter

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hOkIU8BCxgU&mode=related&search=

wintah
27th September 2006 03:08 AM
Zack Agree, it's down there with the Timberlake and soap opera incidents. Charlie's fantastic though!
27th September 2006 03:35 AM
Altamont The lowest of the low. Dirty Work is by far their worst album ever.
27th September 2006 06:40 AM
Gazza its better than the poncy pseudo-psychedelic faux-flowers in your hair drivel that is Satanic Majesties.

At least on Dirty Work they werent trying to be something theyre not
27th September 2006 07:13 AM
lotsajizz the video sucks...most do.....but the song rocks
27th September 2006 07:15 AM
glencar Always had a soft spot for that video although it's evident Keith isn't too happy doing it...
27th September 2006 07:40 AM
Maxlugar Great video for a great song.

Thanks!
27th September 2006 07:53 AM
Chuck Dirty Work was a painful and embarrassing disappointment.

I'd rather listen to Their Satanic Majesties Request---at least it has some good songs on it.

27th September 2006 07:56 AM
Gazza
quote:
Chuck wrote:
Dirty Work was a painful and embarrassing disappointment.

I'd rather listen to Their Satanic Majesties Request---at least it has some good songs on it.

yeah. Three. No half measures with that one. 3 good ones and the remainder being unlistenable. DW - apart from the first and last tracks which are both gems - at least has some tracks that can be elevated to the lofty heights of "OK"
27th September 2006 08:07 AM
Nellcote DW should be considered the bridge between the tumult which the band was in, to the prolonging the life of the band which we know today. Most bands would have packed it in with the issues that were present at this time. While it is not a masterpiece, there are good moments within the lp.
This song, the homage to the early 60's hit by Bob & Earl, has a super bass line. The video is all Jagger, aiming for the dance crowd which was being wowed by the likes of Paula Abdul videos which used such animation/performance clips in the day, made popular on the channel which used to play music videos, MTV.
27th September 2006 08:13 AM
corgi37 Still havent got DW on cd, and dont plan to. Back to zero & Winning Ugly make sure of that.
27th September 2006 08:17 AM
Maxlugar Dirty Word has plenty of GREAT mements for people who like great guitar and hard vocals.

Anyone giving this disk an honest spin with an open mind, will realize that not before or since has the guitar attack been so ferocious. Not on a studio album, at least. Mick's vocal's are the loudest and hardest of all time, in spots too.

And I value that.
27th September 2006 08:25 AM
lotsajizz DW kicks ass
27th September 2006 08:29 AM
Jumacfly Emotional Rescue rules you bastards!!!
10 perfect songs!
27th September 2006 08:48 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
DW kicks ass

On this, we are allies.
27th September 2006 08:53 AM
Poplar
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Emotional Rescue rules you bastards!!!
10 perfect songs!

agreed. 100%
27th September 2006 09:17 AM
Gazza
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Emotional Rescue rules you bastards!!!
10 perfect songs!

send it to me
indian girl (sorry, texile)
emotional rescue

all 'perfect' ?

as in "Gimme shelter"-perfect?

Please explain!!!
27th September 2006 09:31 AM
Chuck "yeah. Three. No half measures with that one. 3 good ones and the remainder being unlistenable. DW - apart from the first and last tracks which are both gems - at least has some tracks that can be elevated to the lofty heights of "OK"

I think ALL of Dirty Work is unlistenable; that's because I'm dishonest and closed-minded. Oh yeah, I HATE guitars too.

lol.
27th September 2006 09:44 AM
jb Keith's performance of Little T&A the other night.
27th September 2006 09:57 AM
Gazza
quote:
Chuck wrote:
"yeah. Three. No half measures with that one. 3 good ones and the remainder being unlistenable. DW - apart from the first and last tracks which are both gems - at least has some tracks that can be elevated to the lofty heights of "OK"

I think ALL of Dirty Work is unlistenable; that's because I'm dishonest and closed-minded. Oh yeah, I HATE guitars too.

lol.

Great answer..LOL
27th September 2006 10:11 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
Chuck wrote:

Have you considered that your ears may be gay?
27th September 2006 10:23 AM
Chuck My ears are flaming faggots because I don't like Dirty Work. It's true.

27th September 2006 10:28 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
Chuck wrote:
My ears are flaming faggots because I don't like Dirty Work. It's true.

Lighten up, I'm just kidding! They may be retarded.
27th September 2006 10:51 AM
throbby I sure enjoyed it more than Steel Wheels. I actually threw that in the garbage after one listen. I was young, I was foolish, and I believed all the presale hype.

You're not the only one that's feelin lonesome.....
27th September 2006 10:54 AM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
I sure enjoyed it more than Steel Wheels. I actually threw that in the garbage after one listen. I was young, I was foolish, and I believed all the presale hype.

You're not the only one that's feelin lonesome.....

SW's =pretty bad....DW=atleast has One Hit..
27th September 2006 11:01 AM
throbby I really like Too Rude and Had It With You...Ahh ya dirty fucka...
27th September 2006 11:03 AM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
I really like Too Rude and Had It With You...Ahh ya dirty fucka...

Fight is good...Sleep Tonight one of KR's better one's as well..and tribute to Stu touching. Did not care at all for Winning Ugly=solo Mick.
27th September 2006 11:12 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
jb wrote:

Fight is good...Sleep Tonight one of KR's better one's as well..and tribute to Stu touching. Did not care at all for Winning Ugly=solo Mick.

One Hit (To the Body)
Fight
Harlem Shuffle
Hold Back
Dirty Work
Had it With You

All good rockers with great guitar and great vocals.

Too Rude (with Sly and Robbie!) Sleep Tonight (with Ronnie on drums!) are as interesting filler songs as any.

Back to Zero is a shitty song with a cool chorus.

Winning Ugly sucks.

The tribute to Stu is touching but should have been longer. "Gee thanks, Mick and Keith, for a 15 second clip of me on piano as a thanks for all the great years, dicks"

A fine album all in all.

27th September 2006 11:13 AM
Paranoid_Android I always liked that vid...and the song...the vid is ALOT of fun...Micks dancing is a bit off at times...but it always has been, hasn't it?
27th September 2006 11:32 AM
jb
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

One Hit (To the Body)
Fight
Harlem Shuffle
Hold Back
Dirty Work
Had it With You

All good rockers with great guitar and great vocals.

Too Rude (with Sly and Robbie!) Sleep Tonight (with Ronnie on drums!) are as interesting filler songs as any.

Back to Zero is a shitty song with a cool chorus.

Winning Ugly sucks.

The tribute to Stu is touching but should have been longer. "Gee thanks, Mick and Keith, for a 15 second clip of me on piano as a thanks for all the great years, dicks"

A fine album all in all.

Agreed...Mick and Keith use people and then discard them(see the grest mick T, Stu, Brian, Billy P,, Nicky, Mac, ). Sadly, they are very loyal to the current crap...
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)