ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Tim (seersuckersuit)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The low point in Stones history Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
27th September 2006 11:40 AM
Chuck "Lighten up, I'm just kidding! They may be retarded."

No, they are gay AND retarded.

Why, just the other day, I caught them listening to that 'Let It Bleed' record again.

I played Dirty Work for them, but they wouldn't hear it---they said it was too MANLY.

Then they started drooling and sucking each other's cochleas.

27th September 2006 11:42 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
Chuck wrote:
"Lighten up, I'm just kidding! They may be retarded."

No, they are gay AND retarded.

Why, just the other day, I caught them listening to that 'Let It Bleed' record again.

I played Dirty Work for them, but they wouldn't hear it---they said it was too MANLY.

Then they started drooling and sucking each other's cochleas.

LOL! Well played.

27th September 2006 11:48 AM
voodoopug Dirty Work does have a few good songs on it and aside from Winning Ugly and Back to Zero, all songs are listenable. It is by no means in their top 20 albums, but there are songs on there that are better than some songs on "better albums", particularly from a guitar standpoint.

One Hit is a nice song (although the solo is not a Stone ) and I enjoy the title track, Too Rude, Sleep Tonite, Had it With You, and to a lesser extent Fight.
27th September 2006 11:50 AM
Saint Sway Paula Abdul just called. She wants her cartoon cats back.

[Edited by Saint Sway]
27th September 2006 12:19 PM
charlotte Mixed Emotions video and Salt Lake City(05)
27th September 2006 12:21 PM
jb Amazing papering of Gillete.
27th September 2006 12:29 PM
Egbert VL
27th September 2006 12:47 PM
Soldatti I really like DW, it kicks ass.
The low point is the Timberlake incident.
27th September 2006 12:50 PM
F505 Dirty Work, Undercover, Justin Timberlake with Stones, Jackson with Jagger and Dogshit on the Doormat are ALL low points.
27th September 2006 12:55 PM
Saint Sway 1982-1988 = no tours, no good albums, horrendously embarrassing Mick solo efforts. In fighting. Just an ugly period. And what some thought was the end of the band.
27th September 2006 12:55 PM
nanatod Here are two other lowpoints that might not have been mentioned:

1. Brian Jones decides that his residence must have a swimming pool.

2. The Stones decide that Michael Cohl should manage their tours.
27th September 2006 12:57 PM
Saint Sway 3. "Hello Mick, I'd like to introduce you to a friend of mine, his name is Matt Clifford"

[Edited by Saint Sway]
27th September 2006 01:00 PM
F505 4. Recruiting that bunch of idiots who join the Stones every evening on stage.
27th September 2006 01:08 PM
glencar
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
DW should be considered the bridge between the tumult which the band was in, to the prolonging the life of the band which we know today. Most bands would have packed it in with the issues that were present at this time. While it is not a masterpiece, there are good moments within the lp.
This song, the homage to the early 60's hit by Bob & Earl, has a super bass line. The video is all Jagger, aiming for the dance crowd which was being wowed by the likes of Paula Abdul videos which used such animation/performance clips in the day, made popular on the channel which used to play music videos, MTV.

Ah, Nellcote, the Stones cartoon catz were at least 3 yrs before Ms. Abdul's cheezy rip-offs. I only know this because my lovely little neice was a baby at the time & she was fascinated by "MC Skat Cat" in that "Two Steps Forward" video. Oy! The girl grew up to have bad taste as a result & was actually excited to hear that Kanny West was opening last week.
27th September 2006 01:10 PM
Joey

Man looks in the abyss and sees the " Dirty Work " album staring back up at him .....

...it is at THAT point that Man finds his character and THAT is what keeps Man out of the abyss .

Kins .
27th September 2006 01:12 PM
glencar Good God, DW might have been disappointing being that it was in the legendary Stones discography but it's no "Face Dances"!
27th September 2006 01:26 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
glencar wrote:
Good God, DW might have been disappointing being that it was in the legendary Stones discography but it's no "Face Dances"!

Desi Arnaz, off camera, stage right: "Ahhhhh ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!! Aaaaahhhhh ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! Aaahhhh ha ha ha ha ha!!!!"
27th September 2006 01:31 PM
glencar LOL Thanks!
27th September 2006 01:42 PM
Drewby Knebworth 76
Skynyrd blew the stones off stage
SARS.....ACDC blew the stones off the stage.....Justin Timberlake sang miss you
other than that....maybe the superbowl..i thought they did well....but the majority of the AMerican people thought otherwise
27th September 2006 01:44 PM
glencar Wasn't that AMA appearance thought to be a low point by many?
27th September 2006 01:45 PM
Some Guy I like Winning Ugly.
27th September 2006 01:47 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Wasn't that AMA appearance thought to be a low point by many?

embarrassing....
27th September 2006 01:49 PM
glencar It showed the Stones to be irrelevant for the first time ever...
27th September 2006 01:52 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
It showed the Stones to be irrelevant for the first time ever...

What song did they do??? "I go Wild"????
27th September 2006 01:55 PM
Some Guy Undercover- It marked the beginning of the declination and slide into humiliality.
27th September 2006 02:21 PM
charlotte Salt Lake City-Rain Fall Down
27th September 2006 02:22 PM
jb
quote:
charlotte wrote:
Salt Lake City-Rain Fall Down

Dreadful on MNF!!!!!
27th September 2006 02:24 PM
F505
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Undercover- It marked the beginning of the declination and slide into humiliality.

In fact the beginning of the declination was Emotional Rescue. Apart from Tattoo You the decline went on from this point on.
27th September 2006 02:41 PM
Some Guy
quote:
F505 wrote:

In fact the beginning of the declination was Emotional Rescue. Apart from Tattoo You the decline went on from this point on.

Emotional Rescue continues to bring joy to the masses.
27th September 2006 02:47 PM
charlotte i think Mick was asking Jack to purchase 25,000 tickets for tonight...
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)